• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:10
CEST 04:10
KST 11:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9042 users

[R] Math Problem

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
D4L[invd]
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada110 Posts
March 17 2010 03:30 GMT
#1
OKay, here goes, my math teacher had given us this problem that apparently, he said took him 6 months to figure out. Also, he said I couldn't do it in a week, I thought he was smoking, but he was right. Now, he won't tell me the answer and I really want to know what the answer is and the proof for it, if any of you have time. Thanks in advance.

Isosceles triangle has AB = AC. Point D is on AB and DCB forms an angle of 60 degrees. Point E is on AC and EBC forms an angle of 50. What is Angle DEB?
Your average D Protoss that can't get out of D because it is full of Protoss and my PvP sucks.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 03:31:14
March 17 2010 03:30 GMT
#2
blog this, you'll get more help, as in it wont get closed
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
March 17 2010 03:32 GMT
#3
I think I'm reading this wrong, but how does a triangle have 4 points? I know I took this two years ago, I'm just confused at the wording.

Or is it two triangles? I personally would need to see the picture of the bloody problem before I say anything at this point =/
D4L[invd]
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada110 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 03:35:15
March 17 2010 03:32 GMT
#4
Is there a way i just move this or should i just copypaste it into a blog.

Also:

`````A
````/``\
```D```E
``/``````\
B--------C
Your average D Protoss that can't get out of D because it is full of Protoss and my PvP sucks.
Nal_rAwr
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2611 Posts
March 17 2010 03:35 GMT
#5
On March 17 2010 12:32 Fruscainte wrote:
I think I'm reading this wrong, but how does a triangle have 4 points? I know I took this two years ago, I'm just confused at the wording.

Or is it two triangles? I personally would need to see the picture of the bloody problem before I say anything at this point =/

its actually five points, but two of them lie along two different sides of the triangle
Nony is Bonjwa
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 03:35:42
March 17 2010 03:35 GMT
#6
just copy + paste and ask a mod to close the thread
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
March 17 2010 03:37 GMT
#7
On March 17 2010 12:32 Fruscainte wrote:
I think I'm reading this wrong, but how does a triangle have 4 points? I know I took this two years ago, I'm just confused at the wording.

Or is it two triangles? I personally would need to see the picture of the bloody problem before I say anything at this point =/

it doesn't have 4 points. Point D and E are between AB and AC
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Muirhead
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States557 Posts
March 17 2010 03:44 GMT
#8
Man you've got to give us more information. Otherwise just assume that triangle ABC is equilateral or assume it is very tall and get different answers.
starleague.mit.edu
Nal_rAwr
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2611 Posts
March 17 2010 03:45 GMT
#9
[image loading]
Nony is Bonjwa
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
March 17 2010 03:51 GMT
#10
i'm too lazy to do it myself but i heavily suspect it involves the law of sines/cosines
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 03:58:56
March 17 2010 03:53 GMT
#11
[image loading]


(all #s in degrees)
SOLVING FOR X!
we know:

a = b +10
d = c + 10

e + f = a + b + 110 = 2b + 120 ->
(e + f)/2 = a + 50 = b + 60

180 - f - d = x
180 - e - c = y

a + c = d + b
x + y = 110

what else...
:)
Muirhead
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States557 Posts
March 17 2010 03:54 GMT
#12
Man in your picture it looks acute but if ABC is equilateral it is 110 TT

Too many degrees of freedom
starleague.mit.edu
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
March 17 2010 03:56 GMT
#13
I'm on it, gimme a few hours
Ivs
Profile Joined January 2008
Australia139 Posts
March 17 2010 03:58 GMT
#14
The question is missing information. At the moment DEB varies, depending on the size of angle A.
love1another
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1844 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 04:46:38
March 17 2010 03:58 GMT
#15
I'll give you a hint. Pick a number. Fill in the angles implied by that number. Smile. (oh. Make sure the number is between 35 and 110 though).
"I'm learning more and more that TL isn't the place to go for advice outside of anything you need in college. It's like you guys just make up your own fantasy world shit and post it as if you've done it." - Chill
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
March 17 2010 04:01 GMT
#16
The hint and only way I've seen this problem solved is to start by drawing an equilateral triangle inside the given triangle from the bottom base.
Standard angle chasing only gets dead-ends.
Jaedong
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 17 2010 04:01 GMT
#17
I'm tempted to just use Autodesk Inventor to draw this
:)
Jimmeh
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom908 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 04:02:24
March 17 2010 04:02 GMT
#18
Ignore
toopham
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States551 Posts
March 17 2010 04:03 GMT
#19
I conjecture that it is approximately 60
or even exactly 60.
DIE!!!
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 04:08:09
March 17 2010 04:05 GMT
#20
You might as well fill in the internal angles of 70 degrees and 110 degrees too, derived through vertical angles and the sum of degrees in a triangle summing to 180.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 132
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 295
NaDa 34
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm280
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9883
JimRising 711
ViBE146
WinterStarcraft98
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS58
Trikslyr41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1388
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 50m
INu's Battles
9h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 50m
Replay Cast
20h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.