• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:29
CEST 03:29
KST 10:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8226 users

[e-Stars] Day 4 - Page 17

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
MoRe_mInErAls
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Canada1210 Posts
July 21 2009 12:35 GMT
#321
(Z)sAviOr is a bonjwa among these men. This tournament is great to watch. It feels like Shinhan 3 all over again.
Trezeguet
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2656 Posts
July 21 2009 12:40 GMT
#322
On July 21 2009 20:09 DoX.) wrote:
Boxer will rape Nada and Savior easy

Ha! Savior has this in the bag, just wait!
darkmetal505
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States639 Posts
July 21 2009 14:10 GMT
#323
Does Nal_rA still have a chance to advance? I'd love to see him vs Savior in the finals. The Holy War 2 please.
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-21 14:37:57
July 21 2009 14:37 GMT
#324
I tried to stay up for this one but I couldn't

Sniping HT with Mutalisks? This is some really advanced play. Good for sAviOr!!! I can't wait till the VOD's get uploaded. I'm so glad to hear he won, and not just with an out-macro game, but with some Ling and Muta micro play. GJ Maestro.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
July 21 2009 15:44 GMT
#325
sAviOr finally has his chance to destroy everyone. Muahaha.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
July 21 2009 16:11 GMT
#326
On July 21 2009 20:57 poilord wrote:
Savior once again doing good in a special event. I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing. It's good to see him, Boxer and Yellow do very good. I feel a little sorry for Reach and Anytime, but someone has to be the loser : /

At least I got all three votes correct today. /happy

I've been wondering. Is it just me, or does Savior play way, way way better in special events than normal leagues? Or does it just seem that way because the opposition might be weaker?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
July 21 2009 16:46 GMT
#327
On July 22 2009 01:11 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2009 20:57 poilord wrote:
Savior once again doing good in a special event. I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing. It's good to see him, Boxer and Yellow do very good. I feel a little sorry for Reach and Anytime, but someone has to be the loser : /

At least I got all three votes correct today. /happy

I've been wondering. Is it just me, or does Savior play way, way way better in special events than normal leagues? Or does it just seem that way because the opposition might be weaker?


The opposition is weaker for sure. I mean Nal_rA? He hasn't played in a long time. Savior has played, what 3 ZvP:s now as well, a matchup he finds quite easy.
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
poilord
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany3252 Posts
July 21 2009 17:14 GMT
#328
On July 22 2009 01:46 Foucault wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2009 01:11 Shikyo wrote:
On July 21 2009 20:57 poilord wrote:
Savior once again doing good in a special event. I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing. It's good to see him, Boxer and Yellow do very good. I feel a little sorry for Reach and Anytime, but someone has to be the loser : /

At least I got all three votes correct today. /happy

I've been wondering. Is it just me, or does Savior play way, way way better in special events than normal leagues? Or does it just seem that way because the opposition might be weaker?


The opposition is weaker for sure. I mean Nal_rA? He hasn't played in a long time. Savior has played, what 3 ZvP:s now as well, a matchup he finds quite easy.


I partly agree on the point that the competition is weaker. Yes, Nada should be the only one to put up a fight because he is an active player (yes, I'm not yet counting Boxer, because he is a special case).
But if you think back to last years Blizzcon or WWI for example Savior faced some tougher opponents and played well. So I guess there seems to be some truth behind the idea of Savior performing better at special events.
JitNik
Profile Joined May 2009
Russian Federation134 Posts
July 21 2009 17:21 GMT
#329
mae jae yoon!
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
July 21 2009 18:04 GMT
#330
On July 22 2009 02:14 poilord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2009 01:46 Foucault wrote:
On July 22 2009 01:11 Shikyo wrote:
On July 21 2009 20:57 poilord wrote:
Savior once again doing good in a special event. I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing. It's good to see him, Boxer and Yellow do very good. I feel a little sorry for Reach and Anytime, but someone has to be the loser : /

At least I got all three votes correct today. /happy

I've been wondering. Is it just me, or does Savior play way, way way better in special events than normal leagues? Or does it just seem that way because the opposition might be weaker?


The opposition is weaker for sure. I mean Nal_rA? He hasn't played in a long time. Savior has played, what 3 ZvP:s now as well, a matchup he finds quite easy.


I partly agree on the point that the competition is weaker. Yes, Nada should be the only one to put up a fight because he is an active player (yes, I'm not yet counting Boxer, because he is a special case).
But if you think back to last years Blizzcon or WWI for example Savior faced some tougher opponents and played well. So I guess there seems to be some truth behind the idea of Savior performing better at special events.


good point about blizzcon and wwi, maybe his self-confidence gets a boost from foreign events or something
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
ryuu_
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1266 Posts
July 21 2009 19:35 GMT
#331
Woohoo Mae Jae Yoon and Lim Yo Hwan!
It's unfortunate that Nal_rA wasn't on his game, he's still pretty awesome imo.
♣ Jaedong. Stork. Bisu. Calm. NaDa. SC2: Sen, MKP, DRG, MMA, Grubby, NonY, Ret, Jinro, TLO, Sheth, HayprO, Zenio,Taeja,Snute, Sea, Rain, MC,Squirtle,Stephano,Parting ,Life, and HEROOOOO <3
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
July 21 2009 23:23 GMT
#332
If Tossgirl beat Boxer and moved on I'd be stuck between crying and laughter forever, boxer in final please.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
July 21 2009 23:33 GMT
#333
From the other thread:

Group A
3-0 BoxeR
2-1 YellOw
1-2 Anytime
1-2 Tossgirl
1-3 Reach

Group B
3-0 sAviOr
3-0 NaDa
2-2 Nal_rA
1-3 Kingdom
0-4 iloveoov

BoxeR v YellOw
Anytime v Tossgirl
sAviOr v NaDa

If BoxeR wins and Anytime wins, YellOw and Anytime will tie at 2-2. YellOw won their game against one another, so theoretically he should advance, but they might have a tiebreaker [judging from Anytime's interview answers]. If BoxeR wins and Tossgirl wins, it is the same situation.

If YellOw wins, regardless of the other game, then he and BoxeR advance, Kong as A1 and BoxeR as A2. Naturally, everyone should hope for a YellOw win as it is the safest way to put the two most interesting players into the next round.

As for the other group, sAviOr and NaDa are advancing as predicted. It's just a question of who gets the first seed and who gets the second.

Overall a BoxeR/YellOw/sAviOr/NaDa Ro4 is probably the objective 'best' outcome. So I hope that's what happens.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-22 00:11:53
July 22 2009 00:10 GMT
#334
On July 22 2009 02:14 poilord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2009 01:46 Foucault wrote:
On July 22 2009 01:11 Shikyo wrote:
On July 21 2009 20:57 poilord wrote:
Savior once again doing good in a special event. I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing. It's good to see him, Boxer and Yellow do very good. I feel a little sorry for Reach and Anytime, but someone has to be the loser : /

At least I got all three votes correct today. /happy

I've been wondering. Is it just me, or does Savior play way, way way better in special events than normal leagues? Or does it just seem that way because the opposition might be weaker?


The opposition is weaker for sure. I mean Nal_rA? He hasn't played in a long time. Savior has played, what 3 ZvP:s now as well, a matchup he finds quite easy.


I partly agree on the point that the competition is weaker. Yes, Nada should be the only one to put up a fight because he is an active player (yes, I'm not yet counting Boxer, because he is a special case).
But if you think back to last years Blizzcon or WWI for example Savior faced some tougher opponents and played well. So I guess there seems to be some truth behind the idea of Savior performing better at special events.



I gotta say though that Saviors ZvP generally still seems to be quite excellent...
thinking of special events, remember the Race Wars in which he destroyed Stork and Bisu.. that's at least no weak competition.


Oh and pleaaaaaaaaaase yellow, beat boxer!
beep boop
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
July 22 2009 01:04 GMT
#335
TT need to wait so many days before live sc again TT
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
July 22 2009 03:08 GMT
#336
Boxer is gonna crush Yellow again ... SCV rush please?
Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
crazie-penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States1253 Posts
July 22 2009 04:11 GMT
#337
if yellow wins, the universe will implode.
But I wouldn't care.
GO YELLOW!!!! (let's go blind hope!!!)
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
July 22 2009 04:30 GMT
#338
Sucks because I got every liquibet correct except the 4 iloveoov matches because he had to forfeit
Hi.
fbchicken
Profile Joined December 2008
Vietnam8 Posts
July 22 2009 04:44 GMT
#339
3/3 e-Stars LB today. Which makes me in top 10 LB
Must have been really lucky considering I never spent more than 2 seconds for a vote and never looked at the line up / map... And also never remember who / which team I voted for [:D]
BackHo[BLACK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
80 Posts
July 22 2009 22:01 GMT
#340
Why did Ra type WW? Was that a mistake?
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings48
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 617
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
taco 202
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox685
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 607
C9.Mang0338
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Livibee61
ArmadaUGS48
Day[9].tv35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1045
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv35
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 31m
Stellar Fest
11h 31m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.