• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:23
CEST 17:23
KST 00:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8423 users

[GOM] Ro8, Day 2 - Page 22

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
Onisparda
Profile Joined November 2008
Canada516 Posts
January 11 2009 17:21 GMT
#421
I think the problem with their network check is the fact that the data needs to be transferred from really far away for those living in north america. I can watch live on Corinthos stream, on daums sports etc.. but i only got around 100kbps on the check.
Kaolla
Profile Joined January 2003
China2999 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-11 17:29:16
January 11 2009 17:28 GMT
#422
On January 12 2009 01:57 lgdDante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2009 01:52 Kaolla wrote:
Well looking from GOM's perspective however getting this done through donations is alot better since they can advertise with a HQ stream and give potential viewers a nicer stream as to where a HQ stream that needs a subscription will not likely attract new people.
It's just weird how the GOM spends so much money on prize money and staff and equipment/studio and then cannot afford some streaming...
Now I know TL has got some 'rich' ppl, but the majority is just normal and it's rather sad to see them pay for something GOM should be paying for and GOM will have advantage of as well.
If it was something that GOM had absolutely no advantage of I could see the need of donations, or if there would be no commercials on this stream, but im afraid that is not the case and thus I see this as quite a bad move.
They they bring this stream for free is not really something they do out of charity or love for the fans, it's something they do because of exposure and because they think it will make them money on the long run.
Anyway enough drama i guess, I felt like expressing my opinion since this isnt the first time things are presented as "for the community" while in reality i doubt they really are -_-;

It's 1 dollar dude...

Just don't pay if you have such a problem, the regular stream quality is pretty good anyway.


You should actually read what im saying, it's their core business or close to it and they want their viewers to finance it, it's just rather weird...
I agree the regular stream is good, I like watching GOM ocasionally and I think it's a good initiative I just think it's rather weird they are asking for donations... I don't care if its 10 cents or 1 dollar (which is the minimum, not a standard as i understood) or 50 dollar, just the fact that they are asking for it is rather weird... -_-
its me
Smorrie
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands2955 Posts
January 11 2009 17:48 GMT
#423
+ Show Spoiler +
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
It has a strong technique, but it lacks oo.
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
January 11 2009 18:11 GMT
#424
I don't know if it is worse that Jangbi advanced for free or that Mind lost...
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
January 11 2009 18:13 GMT
#425
On January 12 2009 03:11 Fontong wrote:
I don't know if it is worse that Jangbi advanced for free or that Mind lost to free...

I know. I am bored.
김택용 Fighting!
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
January 11 2009 18:38 GMT
#426
On January 11 2009 19:10 disciple wrote:
mind is a joke, he always was. the new age sync


You mean Mind, who stopped a top-form Bisu dead in his tracks?

He's not at his peak right now, but he's no Sync.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
Jenia6109
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Russian Federation1613 Posts
January 11 2009 19:14 GMT
#427
Angry terran lost
Bisu, JangBi, Free deja vu :-\
INnoVation TY Maru | Classic Stats Dear sOs Zest herO | Rogue Dark soO
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
January 11 2009 19:39 GMT
#428
...poor Backho. hope you get better

....Anyway..Jangbi, Free and Bisu in the ro4...wow...
Im sensing another PvP finals.. TTwTT

anywhooo what happened to Mind? he was uncharacteristically sloppy today
cw)minsean(ru
Proposal
Profile Joined December 2007
United States1310 Posts
January 11 2009 20:44 GMT
#429
Ugh, very good change its going to be a bisu vs jangbi rematch final T_T
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
January 11 2009 20:57 GMT
#430
Man I just watched the games and I feel so bad for Mind. His defense in the first game was flawless. Seriously it was so good. It's so weird and great that someone can feel so excited from nothing happening. But then...??? That push being stomped on. It almost feels like Free was fucking around on purpose, waits for the last minute then just bitch-slaps Mind.

Coming from that first game, I could tell Mind was just not playing the same way he did the first game. Backho used his arbiters very effectively and just steam rolled him from there.

And fuck you guys who say oh it's Bisu, Jangbi, Free again blah blah blah, Skyhigh is still alive.
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
Kaolla
Profile Joined January 2003
China2999 Posts
January 11 2009 21:57 GMT
#431
On January 12 2009 05:57 Titusmaster6 wrote:
Coming from that first game, I could tell Mind was just not playing the same way he did the first game. Backho used his arbiters very effectively and just steam rolled him from there.


using Mind control?

(his arms aint working atm?)
its me
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
January 12 2009 00:41 GMT
#432
Yeah, I'm not just gonna assume Bisu>SkyHigh, SkyHigh's been playing great and could easily pull out another upset.
Zalfor
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States1035 Posts
January 12 2009 00:58 GMT
#433
flash would not have lost those games mind did.

he was ahead...yet lost...
555, kthxbai
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
January 12 2009 01:37 GMT
#434
On January 12 2009 02:28 Kaolla wrote:
You should actually read what im saying, it's their core business or close to it and they want their viewers to finance it, it's just rather weird...
I agree the regular stream is good, I like watching GOM ocasionally and I think it's a good initiative I just think it's rather weird they are asking for donations... I don't care if its 10 cents or 1 dollar (which is the minimum, not a standard as i understood) or 50 dollar, just the fact that they are asking for it is rather weird... -_-

You're a freeloader who's a whiner. If you don't like the OPTIONAL donation request, then simply do not donate. Don't try to turn this around onto GOM.
Marines > everything
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
January 12 2009 03:18 GMT
#435
On January 12 2009 03:38 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2009 19:10 disciple wrote:
mind is a joke, he always was. the new age sync


You mean Mind, who stopped a top-form Bisu dead in his tracks?

He's not at his peak right now, but he's no Sync.


disciple is just Bisu fan(boy) and still cannot get over that MSL final
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
January 12 2009 03:18 GMT
#436
On January 12 2009 10:37 vnlegend wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2009 02:28 Kaolla wrote:
You should actually read what im saying, it's their core business or close to it and they want their viewers to finance it, it's just rather weird...
I agree the regular stream is good, I like watching GOM ocasionally and I think it's a good initiative I just think it's rather weird they are asking for donations... I don't care if its 10 cents or 1 dollar (which is the minimum, not a standard as i understood) or 50 dollar, just the fact that they are asking for it is rather weird... -_-

You're a freeloader who's a whiner. If you don't like the OPTIONAL donation request, then simply do not donate. Don't try to turn this around onto GOM.

Thanks for saying what I wanted to say... people who put down asking for DONATIONS are flat-out ignorant.

I hope BackHo gets well soon. Sucks to have to forfeit after getting so far
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
Dgtl
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada889 Posts
January 12 2009 04:15 GMT
#437
Noooooooo why did Free win?!!! There goes my hopes of having a percent over 50 for Liquibet : /
^______________^
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-12 05:05:48
January 12 2009 04:34 GMT
#438
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-12 04:59:13
January 12 2009 04:58 GMT
#439
Disappointing series .

Game 1, Mind attacked too late. Game 2, Mind was too early. I expected better from Mind. Game 1 on Medusa, it was Mind's game to lose rather than Free's game to win. Mind was so far ahead by the time he had his 4th base. Mind was also ahead a little bit in game 2 when he stopped Free's DT attack. It delayed Free's 3rd base for so long. The fast stasis caught Mind off guard and it was GG from there.

Now that Mind is out, expect a PvP finalzzz.
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
sixghost
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2096 Posts
January 12 2009 08:17 GMT
#440
On January 12 2009 02:28 Kaolla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2009 01:57 lgdDante wrote:
On January 12 2009 01:52 Kaolla wrote:
Well looking from GOM's perspective however getting this done through donations is alot better since they can advertise with a HQ stream and give potential viewers a nicer stream as to where a HQ stream that needs a subscription will not likely attract new people.
It's just weird how the GOM spends so much money on prize money and staff and equipment/studio and then cannot afford some streaming...
Now I know TL has got some 'rich' ppl, but the majority is just normal and it's rather sad to see them pay for something GOM should be paying for and GOM will have advantage of as well.
If it was something that GOM had absolutely no advantage of I could see the need of donations, or if there would be no commercials on this stream, but im afraid that is not the case and thus I see this as quite a bad move.
They they bring this stream for free is not really something they do out of charity or love for the fans, it's something they do because of exposure and because they think it will make them money on the long run.
Anyway enough drama i guess, I felt like expressing my opinion since this isnt the first time things are presented as "for the community" while in reality i doubt they really are -_-;

It's 1 dollar dude...

Just don't pay if you have such a problem, the regular stream quality is pretty good anyway.


You should actually read what im saying, it's their core business or close to it and they want their viewers to finance it, it's just rather weird...
I agree the regular stream is good, I like watching GOM ocasionally and I think it's a good initiative I just think it's rather weird they are asking for donations... I don't care if its 10 cents or 1 dollar (which is the minimum, not a standard as i understood) or 50 dollar, just the fact that they are asking for it is rather weird... -_-

I know it's weird they are asking for donations. It's basically just a small charge to get in on the early testing of a new stream from them.

I honestly have no idea why they are calling it a donation, if they just asked for $1 to use a HQ feed for the next 3 weeks no one would complaining.
mG.sixghost @ iCCup || One ling, two ling, three ling, four... Camp four gas, then ultra-whore . -Saracen
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1042
ComeBackTV 956
SteadfastSC845
TaKeTV 550
IndyStarCraft 176
Rex159
EnkiAlexander 86
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 845
IndyStarCraft 176
Rex 159
ProTech136
BRAT_OK 26
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47245
Bisu 2104
Horang2 1152
EffOrt 964
Hyuk 860
Soma 594
Shuttle 585
BeSt 501
Mini 474
Light 412
[ Show more ]
Larva 345
Rush 188
ZerO 178
Leta 90
firebathero 84
Sea.KH 71
Mong 69
Snow 55
910 55
Pusan 49
Sexy 48
ToSsGirL 37
Yoon 28
Trap 27
Aegong 27
Liquid`Ret 26
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Terrorterran 23
Rock 17
Shine 16
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8268
qojqva1506
Counter-Strike
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1495
Khaldor1163
Lowko477
Other Games
singsing1971
hiko1353
Beastyqt563
B2W.Neo411
Livibee207
Hui .176
Liquid`VortiX133
XaKoH 130
KnowMe115
ArmadaUGS115
Mew2King83
QueenE78
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 30
• mYiSmile113
• Gemini_19 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 36
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3175
Other Games
• Shiphtur276
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 38m
Online Event
19h 38m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.