• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:07
CEST 18:07
KST 01:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10381 users

NonY goes to courage! - Page 12

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 39 Next All
fonger
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United Kingdom1218 Posts
December 27 2008 09:30 GMT
#221
I think what he means is that only first place matters, so there is no third place match.
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
December 27 2008 09:30 GMT
#222
On December 27 2008 18:29 Zidane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2008 18:26 GTR-2-Go wrote:
er how can you get third when it is single elimination


By winning the 3rd place match?

Theres no third place match, theres no need for it
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
December 27 2008 09:31 GMT
#223
On December 27 2008 18:29 Zidane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2008 18:26 GTR-2-Go wrote:
er how can you get third when it is single elimination

By winning the 3rd place match?

There is no 3rd place match. It's 1st or nothing in Courage. Regardless this is a petty thing to be arguing over, I think we all know what he meant. Update now = Semifinals loss.
Moderator
b0ng
Profile Joined January 2008
Czech Republic82 Posts
December 27 2008 09:31 GMT
#224
so nervous... :-/
In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and - SNAP - the job's a game.
johanes
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Czech Republic2246 Posts
December 27 2008 09:32 GMT
#225
On December 27 2008 18:31 b0ng wrote:
so nervous... :-/

Its like second christmas
BlackStar
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Netherlands3029 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-27 09:33:44
December 27 2008 09:32 GMT
#226
He's suggesting that there is a third place match aka losers finals. No idea why.

If Nony wins I wonder how pissed the korean that loses to him in the final will be.
Tehpanda
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States59 Posts
December 27 2008 09:34 GMT
#227
[image loading]


go nony!
Error: 1641 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_MISSING_SIG): User signature not found.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
December 27 2008 09:34 GMT
#228
It's been 1 1/2 hours since Nony's update, which probably means he's in the finals...
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Luvz
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway356 Posts
December 27 2008 09:35 GMT
#229
<3 NONY. Nothing else to say.
Norway ~ Home of the brave <3
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
December 27 2008 09:35 GMT
#230
On December 27 2008 18:34 motbob wrote:
It's been 1 1/2 hours since Nony's update, which probably means he's in the finals...

Means at the very least he's in Game 3 of the semis I would guess.
Moderator
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
December 27 2008 09:36 GMT
#231
On December 27 2008 18:34 HeavenPanda wrote:
[image loading]


go nony!

If you're going to get that movie, get the "Special Polish Edition"
ModeratorGood content always wins.
LightRailCoyote
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States982 Posts
December 27 2008 09:36 GMT
#232
Oh my jesus christ, that is possibly the most ballering thing ever.

If he 1shot's courage...0.o I think i'd have to either hara kiri or switch to protoss
AKA SurfSolar ----- This is the product of a DIY inadequate home
zimz
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States510 Posts
December 27 2008 09:36 GMT
#233
nony is going to be the foreign rennaisance man. hes going to start a quality foreign players movement. all starting with changing our minds and our foreign self-image. NONY NONY NONY NONY NONY NONY NONY NONY NONY NONY NONY NONY THE REnAISSANCE MAN!
zimz
b0ng
Profile Joined January 2008
Czech Republic82 Posts
December 27 2008 09:36 GMT
#234
On December 27 2008 18:32 johanes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2008 18:31 b0ng wrote:
so nervous... :-/

Its like second christmas

Vanoce hadr :-)
In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and - SNAP - the job's a game.
geno
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1404 Posts
December 27 2008 09:36 GMT
#235
The players do get to leave if they lose right? If so, yeah Nony is probably in the finals (unless those other 'nerdlings' took even longer than imaginable )
404.Nintu
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1723 Posts
December 27 2008 09:37 GMT
#236
I know this has been done a thousand times already but...

Nony, I believe in you. And I don't mean that from a "I'm a huge fan perspective."
I mean, I literally believe in your skill. When you went to Korea, I told my friends that you would surpass Idra, no disrespect to Idra, in every possible way. I've been a fan of your vods from the start and I know you're easily capable of taking this home today. If not today, then next time forsure.

I'm deeply happy to hear of your success!

Your loyal fan,
Nintu.
"So, then did the American yum-yum clown monkey also represent the FCC?"
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
December 27 2008 09:37 GMT
#237
Go Nony
tyanvit
Profile Joined January 2008
185 Posts
December 27 2008 09:39 GMT
#238
Please do not make it a racist thread how would any race would be pissed.
Nor do compare Idra to Nony. They are different and their way to success will be different.

I am Korean, but i am pulling for Nony because diversity brings awesomeness.
go Nony,

btw


,,,,,,,I am playing against you in the final. Two weeks ago, I have been offered a scholarship to Yale...If i lose - I will take it as a sign to go to Yale to study Economics. If I win - you lose.

ha ha ha ha ha Mortal Combat!!!
I am The Lord
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
December 27 2008 09:40 GMT
#239
On December 27 2008 18:39 tyanvit wrote:
Please do not make it a racist thread how would any race would be pissed.
Nor do compare Idra to Nony. They are different and their way to success will be different.

I am Korean, but i am pulling for Nony because diversity brings awesomeness.
go Nony,

btw


,,,,,,,I am playing against you in the final. Two weeks ago, I have been offered a scholarship to Yale...If i lose - I will take it as a sign to go to Yale to study Economics. If I win - you lose.

ha ha ha ha ha Mortal Combat!!!

what
ModeratorGood content always wins.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 27 2008 09:41 GMT
#240
On December 27 2008 18:37 Nintu wrote:
I know this has been done a thousand times already but...

Nony, I believe in you. And I don't mean that from a "I'm a huge fan perspective."
I mean, I literally believe in your skill. When you went to Korea, I told my friends that you would surpass Idra, no disrespect to Idra, in every possible way. I've been a fan of your vods from the start and I know you're easily capable of taking this home today. If not today, then next time forsure.

I'm deeply happy to hear of your success!

Your loyal fan,
Nintu.

hawt sexy dedication right thurr.

I actually always thought of any foreigner who went to Korea, that if Nony ever went he would have the best chance by far, he seemed to have the work ethic, the hand speed, and everything he needed. The attention to detail, the build order specialist. Incredible. The motivation he shows when he does stuff is also incredible, when he set his mind to win an event he usually won it. With the exception of TSL.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM756
IndyStarCraft 173
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 756
Reynor 345
ByuN 279
TKL 263
IndyStarCraft 173
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Terrorterran 21
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi1047
Counter-Strike
fl0m4617
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1565
B2W.Neo727
Beastyqt668
Khaldor491
Mlord485
olofmeister385
KnowMe319
crisheroes166
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 13
• Adnapsc2 8
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach19
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV519
League of Legends
• Nemesis3283
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1484
Other Games
• Shiphtur492
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 53m
OSC
6h 53m
Replay Cast
6h 53m
OSC
19h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.