• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9970 users

Interesting notes about Shinhan OSL - Page 2

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
IIICodeIIIIIII
Profile Joined April 2006
China1101 Posts
May 27 2006 04:29 GMT
#21
if yellow gets second again, he might crack and take a shotgun to all the other players. if it's not him, it'll be me. it's grueling watching him get second all the time.
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
May 27 2006 04:43 GMT
#22
DAY!!!
You must be nicer to Jju plz -_-;;
He has performed very very well in the past too, saying he only started performing well recently is you not giving the man the credit he deserves. Jju has been SOLID for far longer than recently...
Plus, he is Samsung's backbone. Without him, that team is ass.

Who else do you know that looks so funny and nervous all the time? He deserves a lil more love man ~_~
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
DJEtterStyle
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2766 Posts
May 27 2006 04:55 GMT
#23
On May 27 2006 13:43 SuperJongMan wrote:
DAY!!!
You must be nicer to Jju plz -_-;;
He has performed very very well in the past too, saying he only started performing well recently is you not giving the man the credit he deserves. Jju has been SOLID for far longer than recently...
Plus, he is Samsung's backbone. Without him, that team is ass.

Who else do you know that looks so funny and nervous all the time? He deserves a lil more love man ~_~

Agreed. Jju has pretty consistently made the Starleague for the past, uh, long-fucking-time, and he's been a big name in the Proleague for just as long. I'm never surprised to see him win--against anyone--but I'm never surprised to see him lose, either.
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
May 27 2006 05:22 GMT
#24
go yellow

the real yellow not the punkass [name] one
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
May 27 2006 05:26 GMT
#25
YellOw[Name] ftw! (I want him or ShinHwA to win this OSL !!) :D

Gogo Rookie Zergs! :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Kacas
Profile Joined July 2003
Brazil3143 Posts
May 27 2006 06:18 GMT
#26
or yellow win this shit
or i will never watch a starleague again!
I Love Hyori Lee =* icq: 41760400 / msn: kayen_chn at hotm
iloveStar
Profile Joined September 2003
United States517 Posts
May 27 2006 06:33 GMT
#27
come on yellow, you can do it. dont disappoint us again.
I have no luck -.-
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
May 27 2006 06:51 GMT
#28
IMO, Chojja is the current favorite for the tournament, although it does depend somewhat on the maps Iris gets against him.

I would say with certainty that Shinhwa is a clear underdog. He's not known for ZvZ, although he's not bad at it, whereas to win, he will have to face a number of good playes. Really, I see Shinhwa's strength as ZvP, and his ZvT is not so bad as well, but my opinion is that his win over Boxer was a fluke.

As much as I like Casy, I think he's out too. Zergman just seems to have his number down cold.

Left in the tournament are 5 Zergs with fantastic ZvZ. Chojja is the world's best ZvZ player, Yellow is known for his amazing ZvZ, Yellow[name] is just an all around stud with jaw-dropping micro, Jju has a history as a Zerg killer, and Zergman is considered "invincible" in ZvZ in his practice games (although his professional ZvZ record is weak). This tournament may in fact do more to sort out a new pecking-order in ZvZ with players with amazing records all facing each other, if it even is at all possible to do so.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
May 27 2006 08:43 GMT
#29
On May 27 2006 13:17 iamke55 wrote:
The last time we had this happen in an OSL, 2 terrans owned the crap out of 6 zergs. So if this one mirrors the previous one, we will have TvT semifinals with a terran player taking 1st place and 3rd place, and yellow getting second.


Casy vs. Iris? I wouldn't mind seeing Casy rape the shit out of Iris, but still, I dunno if Iris (or Casy for that matter) are THAT good at TvZ
Trucy Wright is hot
YunhOLee
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Canada2470 Posts
May 27 2006 09:01 GMT
#30
On May 27 2006 09:39 DarK]N[exuS wrote:
I was surprised to see July knocked out =_=
Live it, love it, play it, kill it. JulyZerg and IPXZerg greatest TL.net fan
PaeZ
Profile Joined April 2005
Mexico1627 Posts
May 27 2006 09:04 GMT
#31
i just hope casy wins... I really hate that bastard Iris fucker...
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
May 27 2006 10:47 GMT
#32
Didn't someone said that TvZ was Casy's best matchup?

All I've seen is Casy lose to Zerg more than they should for their best matchup.
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
pubbanana
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3063 Posts
May 27 2006 11:31 GMT
#33
At one time, TvZ was considered to be his best matchup, but I think it was just because people were impressed by his micro and not because he actually won against more Zergs than Terran/Protoss

As for the OSL, as long as Yellow is still in it, I'll keep watching. I'm not really interested in seeing anyone else besides Yellow win
Wachet, stehet im Glauben, seid männlich und seid stark.
Locked
Profile Joined September 2004
United States4182 Posts
May 27 2006 12:34 GMT
#34
On May 27 2006 20:31 pubbanana wrote:
At one time, TvZ was considered to be his best matchup, but I think it was just because people were impressed by his micro and not because he actually won against more Zergs than Terran/Protoss

As for the OSL, as long as Yellow is still in it, I'll keep watching. I'm not really interested in seeing anyone else besides Yellow win


heh agreed here -.- (with both parts... after his performance recently I think casy's real best matchup is TvT, but he can prove me wrong by running through the rest of this OSL)

and yellow better win all 3 shinhan 2k6 starleagues and get golden mouse before boxer/oov/july
UMS map pack http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50442
EtErNaLAeOn
Profile Joined February 2006
Germany214 Posts
May 27 2006 12:48 GMT
#35
On May 27 2006 18:04 PaeZ wrote:
i just hope casy wins... I really hate that bastard Iris fucker...


Why do u hate him? Do u know him personally? Idiot.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
May 27 2006 14:15 GMT
#36
Casy is really good TvZ. I don't know why, but he just has not shown his usual flare in his tv matches. Also, Zergman seems to have Casy's number. Zergman is really looking strong lately.

Both Iris and Casy are good TvZ, but seeing Casy face Zergman again, I can't help but wonder if he'll go down easy. And unless Iris gets some good maps, I think Chojja will topple him.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Luhh
Profile Joined October 2003
Sweden2974 Posts
May 27 2006 18:40 GMT
#37
I would REALLY like to see yellow[name] (get a nick of your own fucker!) win this starleague, or at least advance to the finals. He's the one who has pulled the greatest feats so far in the tournament imo.
I wouldn´t call him stupid, but let´s just say he´s unlucky when thinking...
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-05-27 18:45:56
May 27 2006 18:44 GMT
#38
On May 27 2006 13:43 SuperJongMan wrote:
DAY!!!
You must be nicer to Jju plz -_-;;
He has performed very very well in the past too, saying he only started performing well recently is you not giving the man the credit he deserves. Jju has been SOLID for far longer than recently...
Plus, he is Samsung's backbone. Without him, that team is ass.

Who else do you know that looks so funny and nervous all the time? He deserves a lil more love man ~_~


oops i must be misremembering

Jju is one of my favorite players; i'd hate to make him look bad! : [

info changed~~
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
Adamthegreat
Profile Joined February 2003
Sweden1179 Posts
May 27 2006 19:12 GMT
#39
As I see it we have 3 real contenders to the title left:

Yellow who has been showing great zvt play lately and always is stable in the zvz mu.

Chojja who won the last MSL by dominating the zvz scene.

Casy who is supposedly really good tvz, and with these good maps for terran I put him up with the favorites.

Yellow[name] is to unexperienced to win a bo5 zvz vs jju, yellow or chojja as I see it.
Shinwa did good vs Boxer in the round of 16 but I don't think he will have a chance vs the 4 above.
Iris[gm] is a little of an outsider, but he has got here through tvt and despite of the maps I don't think he can beat any of the top zergs.
Jju is really good zvz and at least ok zvt but I don't see him as champion (would be nice if he proved me wrong though).
Zergman is not good enough zvz for taking down the big gunners in a bo5.

That's my 2 cent
-_-v
mrdx
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Vietnam1555 Posts
May 27 2006 22:39 GMT
#40
WHOEVER WINS.
BOXER LOST.

;(
BoxerForever.com - the one and only international Boxer fansite since 2006 :)
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 4643
Horang2 394
Hyuk 357
BeSt 133
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 73
Shinee 67
Killer 65
ggaemo 57
sorry 54
[ Show more ]
Snow 52
Bonyth 37
Bale 35
JYJ 12
League of Legends
JimRising 553
Other Games
gofns10087
summit1g9089
singsing1086
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2402
League of Legends
• Lourlo1429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
57m
INu's Battles
2h 57m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 57m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 57m
Replay Cast
13h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.