• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:17
CEST 11:17
KST 18:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10092 users

NoisE's ASL Grand Finals - Page 2

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
June 16 2012 12:40 GMT
#21
This whole thing made me seriously consider going to the D-ranks league, saying "I'm about D/D+ I guess", crushing everyone, then going "Well, I improved over the course of the league cuz I practiced so much lol", because sorry, but that's the way I see this. Ugh. There, I'm hyped now.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
June 16 2012 12:41 GMT
#22
On June 16 2012 16:34 t0ssboy wrote:
MEH, i still think rush is not C+.Playing 2 races and having no losses vs players of your rank...

He was nearly knocked out of group stage... (How has he taken no losses?)
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
June 16 2012 12:43 GMT
#23
On June 16 2012 21:40 ninazerg wrote:
This whole thing made me seriously consider going to the D-ranks league, saying "I'm about D/D+ I guess", crushing everyone, then going "Well, I improved over the course of the league cuz I practiced so much lol", because sorry, but that's the way I see this. Ugh. There, I'm hyped now.

Except, the D ranks players didn't actually practice... WandS played a ton of ladder games for the ladder stage and both of these players have been helped by semi-pros all the way through the stages of this tournament... So, it's really no surprise that they're in the finals.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
GeckoVOD
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Germany814 Posts
June 16 2012 14:28 GMT
#24
There were semi Pros involved in this tour? O_O"
@DonGeckone on Twitterstuff // JOIN THE YODA FANCLUB OR YOU'RE REALLY REALLY UNCOOL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=398220
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
June 16 2012 14:45 GMT
#25
On June 16 2012 23:28 Gecko[Xp] wrote:
There were semi Pros involved in this tour? O_O"

By Semi-Pro I mean Professional level foreign Brood War players. BOSS.WandS was aided by much of their team, they even had a greet message in the channel saying "help BOSS.WandS for ASL" and then you have RuSh[PaiN] irl friend of Bibiane[PaiN].
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
w7s
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada19 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 15:25:15
June 16 2012 15:23 GMT
#26
It really hurts me that I get no credit for the time I invested in practicing and preparing for this league. From March 22 when the ASL league was announced up until now which is almost 3 months now - I played 1470 games. This also does not count the time I put in for my own analysis of my loses, the endless replays/vods of other players I watched, and chatting to other players on where I could improve and what I should do on certain maps.

At the start of the ASL league ladder stage - there were many people who were better than me and many more who were evenly matched with me. So I could fairly say then that I was C/C+ range at the start of the league.

I'm not sure, but I think a lot of people dislike the BOSS team and I am thrown in the same basket as them which is unfair. I joined the team 3 weeks ago because I felt I could further improve my game with their help. If people can tell me some bad rep about them - then please tell me because I don't want to be in that team then.

Or maybe people just dislike me which ultimately sucks - but I guess I have to stay strong and take the criticism which is hard for me...
WandS
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 15:30:00
June 16 2012 15:29 GMT
#27
People just jealous cuz you're Canadian.
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
June 16 2012 15:31 GMT
#28
Don't worry man, there are people out there who don't fall for the bandwagon effect so easily ^^ GL in the finals!
En Taro Violet
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
June 16 2012 15:33 GMT
#29
On June 17 2012 00:23 w7s wrote:
It really hurts me that I get no credit for the time I invested in practicing and preparing for this league. From March 22 when the ASL league was announced up until now which is almost 3 months now - I played 1470 games. This also does not count the time I put in for my own analysis of my loses, the endless replays/vods of other players I watched, and chatting to other players on where I could improve and what I should do on certain maps.

At the start of the ASL league ladder stage - there were many people who were better than me and many more who were evenly matched with me. So I could fairly say then that I was C/C+ range at the start of the league.

I'm not sure, but I think a lot of people dislike the BOSS team and I am thrown in the same basket as them which is unfair. I joined the team 3 weeks ago because I felt I could further improve my game with their help. If people can tell me some bad rep about them - then please tell me because I don't want to be in that team then.

Or maybe people just dislike me which ultimately sucks - but I guess I have to stay strong and take the criticism which is hard for me...

Don't be mistaken, very few people are placing you in that category, we all are quite happy to see the effort you've put in and anyone with any sense at all knows how much effort you've put into this.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
w7s
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada19 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 15:41:20
June 16 2012 15:39 GMT
#30
On June 17 2012 00:31 Stratos wrote:
Don't worry man, there are people out there who don't fall for the bandwagon effect so easily ^^ GL in the finals!


Thanks Stratos and Eywa-

Saying all that lifted my spirits up again~
WandS
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
June 16 2012 17:00 GMT
#31
gogo WandS!
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
June 16 2012 19:12 GMT
#32
On June 17 2012 00:23 w7s wrote:
It really hurts me that I get no credit for the time I invested in practicing and preparing for this league. From March 22 when the ASL league was announced up until now which is almost 3 months now - I played 1470 games. This also does not count the time I put in for my own analysis of my loses, the endless replays/vods of other players I watched, and chatting to other players on where I could improve and what I should do on certain maps.

At the start of the ASL league ladder stage - there were many people who were better than me and many more who were evenly matched with me. So I could fairly say then that I was C/C+ range at the start of the league.

I'm not sure, but I think a lot of people dislike the BOSS team and I am thrown in the same basket as them which is unfair. I joined the team 3 weeks ago because I felt I could further improve my game with their help. If people can tell me some bad rep about them - then please tell me because I don't want to be in that team then.

Or maybe people just dislike me which ultimately sucks - but I guess I have to stay strong and take the criticism which is hard for me...


WandS I have to say I was extremely happy to call you clanmate at dM after seeing you improve lately. During Ladder you and I were nearly equal skill wise but after watching this and your games vs Alfio I can see you have far surpassed my expectations. I wish you the best of luck vs Rush and I hope you take the whole thing down.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
SlowBullets
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States839 Posts
June 16 2012 19:43 GMT
#33
Rush hwaiting! Just because you knocked me out of the group stages, it'd make me feel better that way.
1:1 go sc2 LAN? Oh wait...
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
June 16 2012 22:05 GMT
#34
I just thought... If you guys managed to LAN these finals, it would be a huge deal I think.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 23:24:40
June 16 2012 23:23 GMT
#35
On June 17 2012 07:05 Eywa- wrote:
I just thought... If you guys managed to LAN these finals, it would be a huge deal I think.


I thought about this too... Being that 70% of the best Canadian BW players live in the same general area lol

EDIT: It'd be up to you to go film the whole thing
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
June 17 2012 00:16 GMT
#36
On June 17 2012 08:23 Shimy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 07:05 Eywa- wrote:
I just thought... If you guys managed to LAN these finals, it would be a huge deal I think.


I thought about this too... Being that 70% of the best Canadian BW players live in the same general area lol

EDIT: It'd be up to you to go film the whole thing

Huh... They live close to each other, I'm 7-9 hours away from their location...
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
w7s
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada19 Posts
June 17 2012 00:53 GMT
#37
On June 17 2012 09:16 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 08:23 Shimy wrote:
On June 17 2012 07:05 Eywa- wrote:
I just thought... If you guys managed to LAN these finals, it would be a huge deal I think.


I thought about this too... Being that 70% of the best Canadian BW players live in the same general area lol

EDIT: It'd be up to you to go film the whole thing

Huh... They live close to each other, I'm 7-9 hours away from their location...


Oh boy...I look terrible for the camera right now. I gained a bit of weight from neglecting my exercise to put my time and efforts into this league. Yah I'm one of those people..
WandS
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
June 17 2012 02:29 GMT
#38
On June 17 2012 09:53 w7s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 09:16 Eywa- wrote:
On June 17 2012 08:23 Shimy wrote:
On June 17 2012 07:05 Eywa- wrote:
I just thought... If you guys managed to LAN these finals, it would be a huge deal I think.


I thought about this too... Being that 70% of the best Canadian BW players live in the same general area lol

EDIT: It'd be up to you to go film the whole thing

Huh... They live close to each other, I'm 7-9 hours away from their location...


Oh boy...I look terrible for the camera right now. I gained a bit of weight from neglecting my exercise to put my time and efforts into this league. Yah I'm one of those people..

Do it for BW! ;d
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
June 17 2012 02:35 GMT
#39
On June 17 2012 09:53 w7s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2012 09:16 Eywa- wrote:
On June 17 2012 08:23 Shimy wrote:
On June 17 2012 07:05 Eywa- wrote:
I just thought... If you guys managed to LAN these finals, it would be a huge deal I think.


I thought about this too... Being that 70% of the best Canadian BW players live in the same general area lol

EDIT: It'd be up to you to go film the whole thing

Huh... They live close to each other, I'm 7-9 hours away from their location...


Oh boy...I look terrible for the camera right now. I gained a bit of weight from neglecting my exercise to put my time and efforts into this league. Yah I'm one of those people..

It doesn't go unrecognized ;D
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
June 18 2012 01:01 GMT
#40
QUESTION TIME


What was everyone's favorite/most memorable moment in the NoisE Amateur StarLeague? :D
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 188
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1211
Horang2 1132
ggaemo 672
Larva 583
Stork 347
Bisu 339
Leta 214
PianO 187
Killer 45
Hyuk 45
[ Show more ]
Sexy 36
EffOrt 29
Bale 24
yabsab 20
Hm[arnc] 15
ZergMaN 15
sorry 13
Soma 11
Dota 2
XcaliburYe225
League of Legends
JimRising 353
Reynor86
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1203
Other Games
Mew2King149
crisheroes105
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream189
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5966
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Stunt1189
• Jankos1077
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
43m
Online Event
1h 43m
FEL
6h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.