• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:18
CEST 05:18
KST 12:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9541 users

TL EVE BW Tournament

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Normal
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 20:17:22
November 07 2011 02:45 GMT
#1
Brackets - http://challonge.com/tletbw
Matches will begin at 18:30 GMT (+00:00) tomorrow and we will go until either the tournament is over or until all of the remaining competitors decide to postpone the rest of the tournament to sunday.

Hello there fellow TL members.

You may or may not have seen our recruitment post. In conjunction with this little drive of ours, I have decided that the next event in the Teamliquid EVE Tournament Series will be a pair of Starcraft tournaments, one SC2, one BW, to celebrate the game that brought us all together.

As this is meant to supplement the recruitment drive and get more people to join up, the prizes for this tournament will be in both EVE currency and EVE game time.

All games will be played on ICCUP

The games will start on Saturday the 12th, times will be released when I get a better idea on the number of competitors. Times will also be flexible, as we have people from many different parts of the world in EVE.

You may enter both the BW and SC2 tournament, but you can only win prizes in one of them. If you are not going to play EVE and do not want your prize, it will go to the next person.

The prizes are:
1st - 2 PLEX (60 days of game time or ~860 million in ISK)
2nd - 1 PLEX (30 days of game time or ~430m in ISK)
3rd - 300 million ISK.

The map pool is:

Map pool
<< La Mancha >>
<< New Bloody Ridge >>
<< Circuit Breaker >>
<< Neo Aztec >>
<< Icarus >>
<< Fighting Spirit >>
<< Match Point >>
<< Tau Cross >>
<< Fortress SE >>

Download Mappack here


Tournament format:
Single elimination
Matches will be BO3, Finals will be BO5 (can change depending on the amount of competitors)
Loser picks next map
Round starting maps will be added depending on the number of competitors

Rules:
Standard ICCUP rules
Disconnects:
- If a player disconnects and the game was in the first 5 minutes, there will be a regame
- If the game was longer than 5 minutes, contact a member of The Hatchery, namely Mandini
- The Hatch member will decide whether the game will be replayed or a player will be awarded a win
- If the same player disconnects twice, that player will automatically take a loss
Reporting Matches:
- You must report the result of the match after it has been completed
- To do so, pm Mandini on TL
- Please ensure you select the right maps for each round
Pauses: Please notify your opponent if you intend on pausing
- A pause should not exceed 5 minutes and can be done only once per game
- Pauses for extended periods of time are permitted if any in-game issues arise (lag, excessive BM etc.)
- Please contact a member of The Hatchery, namely Mandini, if any such issues arise in-game

Thank you to Alex QingQing, VoV, Jed, Body, Pollux, Not Orious, Mythics, Gudrun, and Adolith (I dont know your TL names :|) for their donations.

I am still putting out a great deal of the money shared by FB and I, if you would like to donate with isk, pm me on TL.
NationInArms
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1553 Posts
November 07 2011 02:56 GMT
#2
So people that don't play EVE can play?
BW for life | Fantasy, MMA, SlayerS_Boxer | Taengoo! n_n | "Lelouch vi Britannia commands you! Obey me, subjects! OBEY ME, WORLD!" | <3 Emi
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 07 2011 03:09 GMT
#3
On November 07 2011 11:56 NationInArms wrote:
So people that don't play EVE can play?

You can play, but you wont be able to win anything if you don't play EVE (So you should start playing, not just because of this, but because EVE is awesome too :p)
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
November 07 2011 03:10 GMT
#4
What if I was a member of the hatchery that stopped playing a while back? Can I win a plex and play with you guys again?
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 07 2011 03:16 GMT
#5
On November 07 2011 12:10 Azerbaijan wrote:
What if I was a member of the hatchery that stopped playing a while back? Can I win a plex and play with you guys again?

All new members are going to spawning pool, as you were a previous member, you would have to talk to Kwark about that. But yes, you could win a plex or 2 and come back to EVE.
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
November 07 2011 04:06 GMT
#6
What do people pay for 2 months of online ?
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 07 2011 04:15 GMT
#7
On November 07 2011 13:06 dRaW wrote:
What do people pay for 2 months of online ?

2 PLEX is worth $40, if you pay for your account without plex, its $15. People buy PLEX with cash so they can get ISK.
Soap
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Brazil1546 Posts
November 07 2011 04:52 GMT
#8
On November 07 2011 13:06 dRaW wrote:
What do people pay for 2 months of online ?


You can't trade that for cash legally, if that's you're asking.
Vansetsu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1454 Posts
November 07 2011 16:58 GMT
#9
Signed up for the BW tournament, is there a different place to signup for the SC2 tournament?
Only by overcoming many obstacles does a river become - デイヴィ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ド
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 07 2011 18:46 GMT
#10
On November 08 2011 01:58 Vansetsu wrote:
Signed up for the BW tournament, is there a different place to signup for the SC2 tournament?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=283295
Vansetsu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1454 Posts
November 07 2011 19:27 GMT
#11
On November 08 2011 03:46 Mandini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 01:58 Vansetsu wrote:
Signed up for the BW tournament, is there a different place to signup for the SC2 tournament?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=283295

Ty sir.
Only by overcoming many obstacles does a river become - デイヴィ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ド
Ramiel
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1220 Posts
November 07 2011 19:29 GMT
#12
Signed up as well Great idea, and good luck everyone!
A thread vaguely bashing SC2? SWARM ON, LOW POST COUNT BRETHREN! DEFEND THE GLORIOUS GAME THAT IS OUR LIVELIHOOD
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 07 2011 21:43 GMT
#13
Due to feedback from someone who knows more about bw than I, I have narrowed the map pool a bit.

Also, thanks to a generous donation from Alex QingQing (I don't know your TL id :s), I have raised the prize for 3rd place to 300m!
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44321 Posts
November 08 2011 05:14 GMT
#14
I signed up to this.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1794 Posts
November 08 2011 05:28 GMT
#15
wow, for once a good mappool, except TauCross ofc.
Signed up, kk
LML
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 09 2011 07:43 GMT
#16
Signups will close when I wake up on Friday at 12:30 EST, and the match schedule will be released about an hour and a half later after I finish my one class for the day.
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 08:13:17
November 10 2011 08:12 GMT
#17
Because I want to see kwark beaten in BW, I am placing a bounty on his head. 50m isk to the player who can knock kwark out of the tournament. He has welped enough of my canes

(He likes to use DTs I am told)
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
November 10 2011 12:13 GMT
#18
No casting/streaming?
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
November 10 2011 13:13 GMT
#19
Pretty cool, I'm horrible at BW but I might pick up EVE soon so this is pretty interesting.
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 10 2011 20:13 GMT
#20
On November 10 2011 21:13 Nazza wrote:
No casting/streaming?

If someone wants to cast or stream these games, by all means go ahead and I will throw the stream link up on the op. This isn't a super serious tournament so I didn't think anyone would really want to cast it, but I would be happy to be wrong.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44321 Posts
November 10 2011 23:14 GMT
#21
I'll stream my games and cast as I go.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 11 2011 20:15 GMT
#22
Ok, because I have no idea how good anyone is, I hit the shuffle seeds button 10 times and we are going with that.
Brackets are here. Matches will start at 18:30 GMT (+00:00) tomorrow.
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1794 Posts
November 11 2011 20:16 GMT
#23
19:30 = bad time, I won't be able to play then, I have to manage a nationwar starting at 19CET.
LML
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
November 11 2011 23:43 GMT
#24
whoever is not orious nuke rush pm me your iccup name
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44321 Posts
November 12 2011 00:46 GMT
#25
Something went wrong with the registration. When I hit brackets it automatically logged me into the challonge account I made for it but I wasn't registered for the tournament. Please sub me in for one of the walkovers.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 12 2011 02:44 GMT
#26
On November 12 2011 05:16 LML wrote:
19:30 = bad time, I won't be able to play then, I have to manage a nationwar starting at 19CET.

How long will it take, because you have a bye in the first round.

Kwark I put you in, but you are still dumb.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
November 12 2011 07:09 GMT
#27
Bleh, can't make that time. I work about 9:00-15:00 PST tomorrow.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Ramiel
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1220 Posts
November 12 2011 16:28 GMT
#28
Hey coloan what time is going to work for you to play our match? This is Chessur btw shoot me a pm when you can and gl!
A thread vaguely bashing SC2? SWARM ON, LOW POST COUNT BRETHREN! DEFEND THE GLORIOUS GAME THAT IS OUR LIVELIHOOD
Plissken_2097
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Spain628 Posts
November 12 2011 16:50 GMT
#29
So, this is still going on?
Formerly Golondrin
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44321 Posts
November 12 2011 17:56 GMT
#30
I assume so. I'll be on iccup on the id Angevin in op Teamliquid. Message me.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-12 18:10:02
November 12 2011 18:09 GMT
#31
I will be hanging out in the sc2 pickup game lobby on ts as well. Games are scheduled to start in 20 minutes, if your opponent is not here, let me know. Sc2 channel is TLET.
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1794 Posts
November 12 2011 18:19 GMT
#32
well, that should take some hours for me, sorry.
LML
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 12 2011 18:29 GMT
#33
On November 13 2011 03:19 LML wrote:
well, that should take some hours for me, sorry.

How many hours is some hours.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
November 12 2011 18:39 GMT
#34
I'm here for the BW tourney but I have a bye for first round so I'll be on the SC2 tourney until the first match finishes.
Colpan
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States196 Posts
November 12 2011 18:54 GMT
#35
Ramiel, i'm online in channel op Teamliquid as Colpan
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 12 2011 19:03 GMT
#36
http://www.twitch.tv/kwaark
Kwark's stream
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44321 Posts
November 12 2011 19:10 GMT
#37
Can stream when observing cause I can make it work in window mode but not for the actual games themselves.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44321 Posts
November 12 2011 19:27 GMT
#38
Apparently no stream.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 12 2011 19:29 GMT
#39
The first round will end whenever the players playing broodwar and sc2 finish their sc2 games, at that point anyone who hasnt shown will be dqed and the second round will begin.
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 12 2011 21:08 GMT
#40
There is a 3rd place match btw, I didn't put it in the options because I forgot :s
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 12 2011 23:26 GMT
#41
Colpan and Golodrin need to play for 2nd and 3rd in BW.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44321 Posts
November 13 2011 00:05 GMT
#42
Some decent games today. I'm glad I played, bw was such a huge part of my life for so long and I didn't realise how much I missed it. I didn't feel the same love for it today as I used to but it evoked the memories of how it used to make me feel. Such a good game.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Plissken_2097
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Spain628 Posts
November 13 2011 00:05 GMT
#43
Aw sorry i had to leave in a hurry, sent you a pm about it, maldini. I'll be on op teamliquid if that's still possible. Btw, about the prizes, I shall forfeit it to the next in line, as on my current schedule I'm not gonna have time to try the game. However it will be nice to play the placement matches
Formerly Golondrin
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 13 2011 00:17 GMT
#44
Ok, then colpan gets second place and not orious and ggtemplar need to play for 3rd.
Plissken_2097
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Spain628 Posts
November 13 2011 00:47 GMT
#45
I still wanted to play anyway T_T...
Well if is not possible it's ok then.
Formerly Golondrin
Not_Computer
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada2277 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 05:19:49
November 13 2011 03:11 GMT
#46
I love you all.
"Jaedong hyung better be ready. I'm going to order the most expensive dinner in Korea."
Mandini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1717 Posts
November 13 2011 03:45 GMT
#47
On November 13 2011 09:47 Golondrin wrote:
I still wanted to play anyway T_T...
Well if is not possible it's ok then.

Well just ask anyone in the eve corp to play some games, the ones who play bw are happy to do so almost all the time.
polluxtby
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden207 Posts
November 16 2011 23:36 GMT
#48
Awww, I really need to install BW on this comp
Ten years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Job. Now we got no cash no job and no hope
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings121
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 198
StarCraft: Brood War
Terrorterran 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1062
NeuroSwarm212
League of Legends
JimRising 730
Counter-Strike
taco 341
minikerr45
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King229
hungrybox138
Other Games
summit1g9262
Maynarde252
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick442
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 170
• Letter144
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo847
• Rush623
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 42m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.