• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:10
CEST 19:10
KST 02:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9389 users

[SPL] Woongjin Stars vs SamsungKHAN Playoffs Day 3 - Page 38

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 41 Next All
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
July 12 2011 12:48 GMT
#741
On July 12 2011 21:41 Djagulingu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 21:35 endy wrote:
On July 12 2011 21:31 bearbuddy wrote:
In other news:

Zero-SK-Light Big 3: 9 wins 1 loss
Rest of WJN: 1-8

=_=


Reminds me of SKT zergs last playoffs.


Now January must really regret that she sent Juni on Sunday....

Well, it was alternative, which is considered like a zerg version of central plains (not as bad though). But she could send out great as well. Speaking of great, what happened to him?

Protoss lost only one game on that map though.
Alternative: ZvP: 17-22 (43.6%) or 13-19 (40.6%) minus Dream League stats.
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
July 12 2011 12:49 GMT
#742
On July 12 2011 21:47 Slaynte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 21:31 bearbuddy wrote:
In other news:

Zero-SK-Light Big 3: 9 wins 1 loss
Rest of WJN: 1-8

=_=


where are you getting these stats from? light is 2-1, soulkey is 2-0, zero is 3-0 for the playoffs for a total of 7-1. everyone else combined is 1-9

Soulkey is 3-0 and Zero is 4-0
웅진 멘쓰즈
structuralinertia
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia1426 Posts
July 12 2011 12:49 GMT
#743
On July 12 2011 21:47 Slaynte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 21:31 bearbuddy wrote:
In other news:

Zero-SK-Light Big 3: 9 wins 1 loss
Rest of WJN: 1-8

=_=


where are you getting these stats from? light is 2-1, soulkey is 2-0, zero is 3-0 for the playoffs for a total of 7-1. everyone else combined is 1-9

lol pretty sure bearbuddy is right man

light 2-1, zero 4-0, soulkey 3-0 iirc
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 13:01:45
July 12 2011 12:50 GMT
#744
Translation of the winner's interview thanks to wassbix2:

Questions for Zero:
» How do you feel?
I feel glad that the team made it ahead.

» How did it feel to meet a terran?
I expected Stork. I saw turn and I got scared but the coach helped my mind control and it helped my play.

» You have 4 win vs khan what changed in you?
This time i messed up in individual league and I learned things from it that helped my post season play but I still feel I need to play better.

» Say something for Flash.
That time (referring to MSL) I learnt alot from Flash so even if I lost I learned alot and now that I've learnt I think its time for some payback. I want to repay my debt to him.

» Do you want to vs Flash?
Well you know the coach does that match making.

Questions for Soulkey:
»How do you feel?
I felt that I HAD to win. I had confidence and that now I won I feel so happy.

»Woonjin zergs were always strong did you want someone else on your team to win?
I wanted light to win but he met a toss....

»When you saw light win what did you feel?
I felt that we won.

»Any last words?
My condition wasnt the best and people were worried but now I feel fully recovered and I'll show my best vs KT. I feel very good.

Questions for Light:
This is my first season on woojin and now that we made playoff I feel happy and want to do our best.

Questions for Woonjin Stars' coach:
» How do you feel about winning a series people didnt expect from you
I expected an easy win but things got complicated and it was very tiring. It was very hard to make entry vs khan.

I didnt have free in the 6th set but I put him in last minute I wanted to help him blah blah he talks too much

» In your opinion whats your plan vs Flash?
I want to dodge him with a filler card.

For Really and etc please dont be harsh on them, it breaks my heart when fans are hard on them for losing

Questions for Free:
»Free you are still losing how do you feel?
I lost and i feel awful for making zero carry the team but vs KT I want to help them and repay all their work

» Anywords for your teammates who are performing in your behalf?
Normally when I lose the team lost but now that its only me losing but im so grateful that they are carrying my weight.

» Who do you want to take out on KT the bastard that will end your losing streak?
The coach said he didnt want to use the golden three vs Flash so I'll take him out and I'll turn around my situation.
t.t
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
July 12 2011 12:50 GMT
#745
On July 12 2011 21:42 Turbovolver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 21:31 hellbound wrote:
On July 12 2011 21:27 Turbovolver wrote:
I mean seriously, say what you want about the map and Stork vs Z, but newly reformed Glasses Stork would be performing better than this.


Relax, the new Stork went 2-0 in games defending cheeses. That does not necessarily imply he would take a player of Zeros calibre down ezpz.

Of course it wouldn't be ezpz, I'm a big Zero fan too, he's great. But Turn choked and choked hard, at the end of the day. And that counts at least as much as any map imba.


Yep agreed there but even without the choking Zero wasn't in bad position, he delayed hive to beat the push with lair tech and with that many lurkers he would've smashed that army even if it was properly positioned, just with more losses. There was just not enough infantry because he teched after only 2raxes and imho Zero was reacting properly.
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
July 12 2011 12:50 GMT
#746
On July 12 2011 21:47 Turbovolver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 21:44 Djagulingu wrote:
Jangbi would be pretty bad to send out, especially after he lost to ZerO once in Aztec. Stork? Well, his PvZ actually sucks. He won against Woon and ZerG, but playing a PvZ against ZerO is worse than playing 1v2 against Woon and ZerG with P (neither are off racing).

Stork is the #3 Protoss at PvZ according to ELO. Yes, he had a bad spell for a bit there, if you want to argue recent performance, but that was pre-glasses.

And like, do you actually watch his games? Even the PvZ's he's been losing haven't been horrible, and two were 5 pools x.x

Yeah, and one of them was forgetting to research storm.
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 12:54:56
July 12 2011 12:50 GMT
#747
Folds format is better.Thanks!
+ Show Spoiler +
Some translations I grabbed from Wassbix2 on live interviews:
zero : go 4-0 vs khanÉ
» How do you feel
» I feel glad that the team made it ahead
» How did it feel to meet a terran
» I expected Stork
» I saw turn and i got scared
» but the coach helped my mind control
» and it helped my play
» 4 win vs khan
» what changed in you
» this time i messed up in indiv league
» and i learned things from it that helped my post season play
» but i still feel i need to play better

missed a few sentences

Say something for Flash
» that time I learned alot from flash
» so even if i lost i learned alot and now that ive learned i think its time for some payback
» i want to repay my debt to him
» do you want to vs flash
» well you know the coach does that match making

» How do you feel
» I felt that I HAD to win
» I had confidence and that now I won I feel so happy
» Woojin zergs were always strong did you want someone else on your team to win
» I wanted light to win but he met a toss....
» when you saw light win what did yo ufeel
» I felt that we won

Light:
» soulkey and zero are zerg which are imba vs toss
» so this was easy for them
I heard KT won and that made me relaxed
» honestly KT is easier than STX
» They have flash but the rest is you know...
but still Ill put all my effort
» Will you get flash
» no I want to dodge him
This is my first season on woojin and now that we made playoff i feel happy and want to do our best
» To the coach
» How do you feel about winning a series people didnt expect from you
» I expected an easy win but things got complicated
» and it was very tiring
» It was very hard to make entry vs khan

word with free
» For Really and etc please dont be harsh on them
» it breaks my heart when fans are hard on them for losing
» Free you are still losing how do you feel
» I lost and i feel awful for making zero carry the team
» but vs KT I want to help them and repay all their work
normally when I lose the team lost but now that its only me losing but im so grateful that they are carrying my weight
» who do you want to take out on KT the bastard that will end your losing streak
» the coach said he didnt want to use the golden three vs flash so Ill take him out
and Ill turn around my situation
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Turbovolver
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia2451 Posts
July 12 2011 12:54 GMT
#748
On July 12 2011 21:50 Djagulingu wrote:
Yeah, and one of them was forgetting to research storm.

A clear indicator of PvZ skill, for Storm is not used in the other matchups :teach:
The original Bogus fan.
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 12:58:11
July 12 2011 12:58 GMT
#749
On July 12 2011 21:37 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 21:36 swanized wrote:
On July 12 2011 21:31 bearbuddy wrote:
In other news:

Zero-SK-Light Big 3: 9 wins 1 loss
Rest of WJN: 1-8

=_=

remember back when free was good? T___T

Yep, whooole last season.

Didnt he slump for this entire season, actually?

if I remember he raped in round 1
Writer
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
July 12 2011 13:02 GMT
#750
On July 12 2011 21:47 Slaynte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2011 21:31 bearbuddy wrote:
In other news:

Zero-SK-Light Big 3: 9 wins 1 loss
Rest of WJN: 1-8

=_=


where are you getting these stats from? light is 2-1, soulkey is 2-0, zero is 3-0 for the playoffs for a total of 7-1. everyone else combined is 1-9

zero is 4-0 Light is 2-1 and soulkey is 3-0 for 9-1

rest of WJ really is 1-8
Writer
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
July 12 2011 13:07 GMT
#751
Stars was just a very unfortunate match-up for Khan. When your best players are Stork and Jangbi, and the opponent has Soulkey and Zer0, it is just an uphill battle when it comes to ACE-matches. That Jangbi managed to run into those two three games in a row was really unfortunate, although he should have taken at least one game to show that his recent resurgance is more than just a lucky run.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
July 12 2011 13:21 GMT
#752
Sigh... good run Khan. Now I gotta hop onto another team for the rest of the playoffs, probably going to be SKT.
[TLMS] REBOOT
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 10:04:57
July 12 2011 13:32 GMT
#753
Dubious choice to field a player who didn't play for almost a month for an Ace game of this magnitude. But then she wouldn't be January if she didn't do this.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Toadily
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States837 Posts
July 12 2011 13:38 GMT
#754
»Woonjin zergs were always strong did you want someone else on your team to win?
I wanted light to win but he met a toss....


HAHAHA, fucking love SK
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
July 12 2011 14:44 GMT
#755
Sending out Turn for the Ace match eh? Interesting choice. Well played Stars. Gl next round.
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
July 12 2011 14:59 GMT
#756
lol I like how bad all the non-aces we have are
nextstep
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada705 Posts
July 12 2011 15:02 GMT
#757
nooooooooooooooooooo...

sigh, now to root for KT, then SKT.
go KHAN! TBLS <3
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
July 12 2011 15:03 GMT
#758
lol @ Free sniping Flash.

That's a good way to waste a player.
Jaedong plz
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
July 12 2011 15:08 GMT
#759
On July 13 2011 00:03 Ryusei-R1 wrote:
lol @ Free sniping Flash.

That's a good way to waste a player.


He's think "Damn if Best can beat him then so can I!"
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
July 12 2011 15:56 GMT
#760
aw man this is gonna be hard on KHAN. I mean, so many of their fundamental players are just not able to come out with wins.
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 230
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 120
BRAT_OK 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3698
Bisu 1906
Soulkey 1161
EffOrt 723
Mini 533
Larva 344
Horang2 239
ZerO 238
actioN 160
ggaemo 153
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 142
hero 89
Sharp 78
Mind 75
Shinee 56
sorry 49
Snow 40
Hyun 39
Barracks 36
Bale 29
Trap 24
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 20
NaDa 17
Rock 15
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5870
Dendi1394
XaKoH 371
420jenkins364
League of Legends
Reynor67
Counter-Strike
fl0m3824
pashabiceps720
Fnx 662
x6flipin430
edward26
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu242
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1382
Grubby1207
hiko831
FrodaN579
XBOCT258
Livibee215
TKL 117
C9.Mang0110
QueenE92
Mew2King40
ZerO(Twitch)25
RotterdaM18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 70
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV685
League of Legends
• Nemesis3850
• TFBlade683
Other Games
• Shiphtur528
• imaqtpie106
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 50m
Patches Events
22h 50m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.