• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:52
CEST 16:52
KST 23:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8360 users

Recommended Threads - Page 8

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Volta
Profile Joined October 2009
United Kingdom26 Posts
October 25 2009 13:13 GMT
#141
Wow.. some of the guides don't get near as much praise as they should. The Stopping The Blob ZvT is great, so many things mentioned that I'd never really considered.
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
October 30 2009 16:13 GMT
#142
Great thread, keep it upppp
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
November 17 2009 06:11 GMT
#143
I already just mentioned it in the thread itself, but I really think that this
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104910
should be added to the beginner general section
Would have saved me so much time if I had read that when I started playing
beep boop
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 17 2009 06:17 GMT
#144
On November 17 2009 15:11 7mk wrote:
I already just mentioned it in the thread itself, but I really think that this
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104910
should be added to the beginner general section
Would have saved me so much time if I had read that when I started playing


+1

Same here, there's alot of threads that pop up about being a beginning and how to start playing. This answers alot of those questions.
Sharp-eYe
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada642 Posts
November 21 2009 02:08 GMT
#145
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=105977

Gretorp's guide should be in the the beginner section, as then less new players will get hung up on Korean builds. Either way, its a good start for many people to start analyzing maps.
Are you truly so blinded by your vaunted religion, that you can't see the fall ahead of you? - Zeratul III AKA WikidSik ingame (anygame)
babyToSS
Profile Joined December 2009
233 Posts
December 11 2009 07:47 GMT
#146
Hi,

I am an AOE2 veteran getting big time into starcraft after a long hiatus from video games. I used to play AOE2 competitively so I understand a lot of the basics but am completely unfamiliar with the details of the game. I am learning Protoss and could not find a Noob thread (not surprising, how many noobs would you expect for starcraft at this point) and this seems to be the best thread for asking noobish questions.

This site is awesome and a big thank you to everyone who made it possible. Like I said, I am a new Protoss player and am starting out with the PvT matchup. I have a pretty generic question so forgive me if it is a stupid one - On what supply count would you consider it an early, mid and late game respectively? I have a bunch of starts and am working on my builds. However most articles talk strats in terms of early/mid/late game and I am kind of lost as to at what point should I feel one transitions into the other. Is this something you just get a feel from practice or are there specific supply counts at which a player is expected to transition from one to the other? Any replies are appreciated.
babyToSS here! Can u go easy on me plzzz?
Glaucus
Profile Joined June 2009
479 Posts
December 11 2009 07:49 GMT
#147
In PvT, 1 and 2 base, early.
2 and 3 base, mid.
4 and more, late
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
December 11 2009 09:07 GMT
#148
or: midgame is the part of the game which looks the same in all your games. Early game leads to there. Endgame is when all bases on the map are taken, or when one player decides he has enough bases.
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
December 15 2009 21:30 GMT
#149
Liquidpedia have helped me a lot... Really a lot!
Thanks for doing such a thing!
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
January 22 2010 02:56 GMT
#150
Hey Chill if you're around, this thread here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=110219

Should be chucked in the beginner section, this thread has been developing nicely!
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
fatty77
Profile Joined December 2009
United States41 Posts
February 22 2010 19:00 GMT
#151
Didn't this thread used to be stickied? Can't find it in the Strategy forum anymore unless I search for it.

On January 22 2010 11:56 Duckvillelol wrote:
Hey Chill if you're around, this thread here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=110219

Should be chucked in the beginner section, this thread has been developing nicely!


I agree, that thread was very helpful.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
February 22 2010 23:05 GMT
#152
fatty77 thats what I said before. I was going to direct a new poster to the guidelines and they disappeared now this is suddenly back but not guidelines... weird.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
fatty77
Profile Joined December 2009
United States41 Posts
February 23 2010 13:45 GMT
#153
3FFA, I think I've figured it out. At the bottom of the threads page, I originally had it set to Show "14 days" in the drop down menu (I think that is the default) and we need to switch it to Show "All". Even though a thread may be stickied it still won't show up unless the last reply was posted in that timespan we have it set to.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-25 21:33:56
February 25 2010 21:32 GMT
#154
O ok thx fatty!

edit: yep it worked. fatty= awesome fat bitch XD(yes thats a compliment)
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
smiboy
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands1 Post
February 27 2010 19:10 GMT
#155
im an sc2 newb and need to practice my micro and macro now i finally know how to do thnks to this thread :D
starcraft is cool
scnoob
Profile Joined March 2010
United States10 Posts
March 03 2010 14:43 GMT
#156
I can't create a new thread so I'll ask in here:

What does #LL mean?

I ask people on Battle.net but they call me a noob and don't answer me.
noob
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
March 03 2010 15:44 GMT
#157
On March 03 2010 23:43 scnoob wrote:
I can't create a new thread so I'll ask in here:

What does #LL mean?

I ask people on Battle.net but they call me a noob and don't answer me.

Lan Latency for chaos launcher
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
123asop
Profile Joined March 2010
United States31 Posts
March 24 2010 22:25 GMT
#158
awesome thread!
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.-Wayne Gretzky| SeleCT | HerO | Stephano
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 00:04:10
March 25 2010 00:01 GMT
#159
On March 25 2010 07:25 123asop wrote:
awesome thread!

No its not awesome "thread"; its awesome "threads". This is the thread of all great threads. The thread of awesomeness, the Cave of Guides, the.... well you get the point.

Quick question to Chill: Why isn't the Ultimate Dark Templar Abuse Guide in here? I found it very helpful to me in helping me use DTs and getting them out with the minimum amount of units for defense out. It also taught me how to use them against all races effectively. It even has vods from progamers for examples in large amounts which REALLY helped me understand the guide more. Please tell me why It was not selected to be put in here because only some searching for Dark Templar guides allowed me to find it.

edit: link for The Ultimate DT Abuse Guide
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
S[-_-]iege
Profile Joined April 2010
United States29 Posts
April 04 2010 03:21 GMT
#160
wow its a shame i didn't see this until now..
this helped me so much! thanks chill :D
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 18
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1276
Mini 936
Soma 648
actioN 442
Rush 435
Light 343
Horang2 341
Larva 314
BeSt 291
hero 262
[ Show more ]
Snow 257
Stork 255
ggaemo 224
Barracks 138
firebathero 128
Killer 122
Zeus 98
Sea.KH 85
Aegong 78
Shine 72
Mong 71
JYJ 62
Dewaltoss 52
Sharp 40
ToSsGirL 38
Shinee 37
soO 34
Sexy 32
Bale 28
sorry 16
zelot 16
Rock 15
Sacsri 14
Terrorterran 14
Icarus 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7836
qojqva1882
Dendi707
420jenkins110
Counter-Strike
Fnx 710
kRYSTAL_101
x6flipin89
edward22
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5270
Khaldor513
Other Games
gofns44522
singsing1676
B2W.Neo894
byalli519
Lowko414
DeMusliM225
Mlord186
Liquid`VortiX165
Livibee153
KnowMe141
ArmadaUGS112
Railgan20
Chillindude16
Trikslyr14
amsayoshi12
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV232
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 79
• mYiSmile114
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV413
League of Legends
• Nemesis2173
• Jankos1771
• TFBlade608
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 8m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.