• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:39
CEST 05:39
KST 12:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8761 users

ret's ZvZ Muta Tutorial - Page 6

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
February 07 2010 16:00 GMT
#101
Not sure if this will help anyone but i just found that in my SC folder so why not post

[image loading]
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
agorist
Profile Joined July 2009
United States115 Posts
February 07 2010 16:07 GMT
#102
OH, finally figured it out after two hours. By "behind" ret actually means "in front of". Fuck.
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
February 07 2010 17:23 GMT
#103
On January 27 2010 16:37 Artosis wrote:
stop using google chrome people. it hates korean video servers.



And sucks in general
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Achromic
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
773 Posts
February 07 2010 17:24 GMT
#104
Im a protoss player but I will practice muta micro. >
Blah
TheFallofTroy
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada780 Posts
February 07 2010 17:29 GMT
#105
On February 08 2010 02:24 Ryoo wrote:
Im a protoss player but I will practice muta micro. >

Haha, I have been doing the same thing lately. I play Protoss, but for some reason I really enjoy playing ZvZ lol. So maybe I can get my muta vs scourge micro up a little and play ZvZ more now.
^_^V
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
February 07 2010 17:37 GMT
#106
This alone will cause a level shift in ZvZ.
So if you were a C- ZvZer before this, and you didn't do extra practice, you can consider yourself a D+ ZvZer now.
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
February 07 2010 18:04 GMT
#107
so much easier with wraiths D:

still cant get my mutas to NOT commit suicide
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
ProoM
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Lithuania1741 Posts
February 07 2010 18:16 GMT
#108
On February 08 2010 02:37 niteReloaded wrote:
This alone will cause a level shift in ZvZ.
So if you were a C- ZvZer before this, and you didn't do extra practice, you can consider yourself a D+ ZvZer now.

huh?
IMBA - International Mountain Bicycling Association.
Ursadon-n-Pals
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States928 Posts
February 07 2010 18:59 GMT
#109
On February 08 2010 03:16 ProoM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2010 02:37 niteReloaded wrote:
This alone will cause a level shift in ZvZ.
So if you were a C- ZvZer before this, and you didn't do extra practice, you can consider yourself a D+ ZvZer now.

huh?


He means that everyone is going to practice this and get better. So if you don't, too bad you are only D+ now because everyone can muta micro now.
Nothing worth having comes easy.
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
February 07 2010 20:27 GMT
#110
On February 08 2010 01:07 agorist wrote:
OH, finally figured it out after two hours. By "behind" ret actually means "in front of". Fuck.


Yup, me too. I got so frustrated i ragequit a couple of times. We should really exchange ideas some time !
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
-ty[r]ant
Profile Joined January 2010
United States140 Posts
February 07 2010 21:25 GMT
#111
I can't seem to improve AT ALL doing this. I've been doing it on LAN and I have no idea how and in which directions I'm supposed to micro these things. I've yet to pass 10 kills per group. I've just been getting more frustrated every single time... can anyone give me some idea of what I've been fucking up? I've been letting them get close, moving and hitting patrol in front of them, and no matter how many times I re-watch the video it doesn't get more lucid for me.
"Yo guys I got this new technique where I enter a preschool and knee a bunch of kids in the face. Nobody there has managed to stop me yet." - Bibbit
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
February 07 2010 22:28 GMT
#112
On February 08 2010 01:07 agorist wrote:
OH, finally figured it out after two hours. By "behind" ret actually means "in front of". Fuck.


yea i had the same aha moment.. and I had someone tell me infront before i started lol.
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
sib-pelle
Profile Joined November 2008
Sweden162 Posts
February 10 2010 15:14 GMT
#113
ret <3
Jangbi fanboy & Gaming Community Scientist
Fixee
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4 Posts
March 25 2010 02:36 GMT
#114
I'm completely new to SC and TL, so feel free to harass me for protocol violations... ^^ (I realize this thread is 6 weeks old, but I didn't want to create a new one).

I've DLed the map from scforall.com but I don't think it's the same map Ret uses in the video: Ret is grouping with a ling, and for the life of me, I don't get a ling when I run this map.

Secondly, Ret is not continually having to move his drone to the 6-scourge beacon and the 12-scourge beacon to get new scourges each time. Do you guys just do it by hand? You can't burrow the drone since it's not researched.

Starcraft: the only place where an A cup is better than a D cup...
BlackMesa
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Kenya338 Posts
March 25 2010 02:45 GMT
#115
It's in the bottom right, also whenever the scourge die, 6 more respond.
Need a Light
Lingepumpe
Profile Joined April 2009
Germany15 Posts
May 02 2012 20:41 GMT
#116
Reuploaded the map, to multiple hosts to make it harder to go down again...

http://www.2shared.com/file/6DpUSh_6/mutamicro1.html
http://www.multiupload.nl/EQQF2JYDP7
http://www.putlocker.com/file/C33AF9271FB716BC
http://oron.com/8g1l4zsn6frp
http://www.filefactory.com/file/hqyeifxhu07/n/mutamicro1.scm
rupp_lekkens
Profile Joined February 2012
Chile64 Posts
May 02 2012 21:22 GMT
#117
On May 03 2012 05:41 Lingepumpe wrote:
Reuploaded the map, to multiple hosts to make it harder to go down again...

http://www.2shared.com/file/6DpUSh_6/mutamicro1.html
http://www.multiupload.nl/EQQF2JYDP7
http://www.putlocker.com/file/C33AF9271FB716BC
http://oron.com/8g1l4zsn6frp
http://www.filefactory.com/file/hqyeifxhu07/n/mutamicro1.scm


Thanks a lot!
please correct me if I'm wrong in my english
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
May 02 2012 22:56 GMT
#118
thnx, was looking for this :D time to become zerg muta master!
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 244
NeuroSwarm 194
FoxeR 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3824
Leta 1911
Bale 50
Shine 19
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g7998
JimRising 588
WinterStarcraft462
ViBE151
Mew2King18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta26
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo760
Other Games
• Scarra1049
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 21m
Patches Events
11h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 21m
OSC
19h 21m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.