• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8936 users

[Spoilers] e-Stars League Day 5 Interviews

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Normal
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-14 14:12:29
July 24 2009 16:24 GMT
#1
Lim Yo Hwan: "I want to play against Hong Jin Ho in the finals again"
"I used a nuke strategically, there was no other meaning"

[image loading]


-How do you feel about reaching the round of 4 as the first seed?
▲Although I haven't been able to play in televised games lately, I feel that my skills improved in the Heritage League through this experience. As a result, I was able to get to the round of 4 as the first seed and I am happy about it.

-It's been a very long time since you've played on Nostalgia.
▲I have been practicing on Nostalgia since yesterday. Although the playing style is very different from the way it was years ago, there weren't any huge problems because I had a strategy ready. As I applied the new playing style to the map, I was able to have fun as I prepared my build.

-As the game progressed in your favor, you were able to shoot off two nuclear missiles successfully.
▲In the mid-early game, both the strategy that Hong Jin Ho and I selected went into gear. Thanks to that, I couldn't destroy the main buildings and I thought that there must be a hidden expansion somewhere. Also, my inability to kill the expansion at 6 o'clock made me feel anxious. As I killed the 6 o clock expansion, my chest loosened up, but since he defended well at the 1 o clock expanion, I felt that I was in a crisis and prepared the nuclear missile. I used a nuke on Andromeda once and the strategy was similar to that of that game. It was just a strategic move, there was no other meaning behind it.

-What do you think about the possible transition to Starcraft 2?
▲I think that for Starcraft 2 to progress into a Korean league, it must be made very well so that the entertainment company can be successful. I think that pro gamers would try hard and help it so that it will transition into a league. If the game comes out well and becomes widely known throughout the world, then people will be able to play it enjoyably.

-Do you think that when Starcraft 2 comes out, you can still reign over everyone as the Emperor?
▲When the new maps for Starcraft 2 come out, it will be fun to analyze them. I feel that it will be the same as Starcraft. As soon as the game comes out, I will thoroughly analyze it so that it will turn out well.

-Have you played a Korean version of Starcraft 2?
▲I haven't had a chance to play Starcraft 2 yet. Although my interest in it is bigger than anyone else's, I don't think it's the time to touch it yet. I will think about it when it comes out; as of now, it's solely the responsibility of the designers and other parties that may be concerned.

-Any words about your readiness for the round of 4?
▲In the interview after the game against Suh Ji Soo (Tossgirl), I said that I wanted to face Ma Jae Yoon (Savior) and my opinion hasn't changed. I want to face Ma Jae Yoon in the round of 4 and to face Hong Jin Ho (Yellow) again in the finals.

-Do you have any special words to say?
▲I would like to thank my teammates Lee Jae Hyun (no idea who this is) and Jung Jae Woo (zerg[kal]).

Source: Boxer's Interview
___________________________________________________________________________

Hong Jin Ho: "Next time, I want to meet at an even higher place"
When we get to meet again, I will show a playstyle that is only second to a nuclear missile.


[image loading]



-How do you feel about reaching the round of 4?
▲I feel happy about finally reaching the round of 4 in a great tournament. It's a shame that I got to face Lim Yo Hwan (Him) but lost. I want to meet him again in a higher, more important level.

-What are your feelings about playing on Nostalgia again after such a long time?
▲Nostalgia was a map played a rather long time ago, to play on it again really made me feel nostalgic. To play against a modern terran on an old map was difficult and the pain from losing was that much greater.

-What do you think about Starcraft 2?
▲I was able to play it during Blizzcon, when they announced it. The fundamentals seemed to be the same for the two games, so it was easy to get used to it. Because Starcraft is being revitalized, the expectations for Starcraft 2 is that much greater and I myself am waiting enthusiastically for it.

-Any words about your readiness for the round of 4?
▲Although the draws for the round of 4 are being drawn today, I'm fine with playing against anyone. Whether I am up against Lee Yoon Yeol (Nada) or Ma Jae Yoon (Savior), I am fine. I will definitely win so I can face Lim Yo Hwan again in the finals and bring a strategy that is second only to a nuclear attack.

Source: Yellow's Interview

___________________________________________________________________________________

Ma Jae Yoon: "Because I played against Yoon Yeol Hyung for the first time in a long time, I had a lot of fun"
"I will try hard so that I can capture the title!"


[image loading]



-You finished off your last game in the e-Stars Heritage League
▲Today's games determined who would play against whom in the round of 4 for this tournament. When I heard that my opponent would be Yoon Yeol (Nada) hyung, I felt a little pressure, but as the game started, I recognized him as an opponent that I've faced many times in the past. After that, the game become less stressful and more fun.

-You will face Hong Jin Ho (Yellow) in the round of 4.
▲Because it is a Zerg vs Zerg, I have to see how the maps come out. I will make a strategical build after I see which map it is. I don't have to worry about anything else. I will also focus on using psychological warfare to my advantage.

-Do you want to face Lee Yoon Yeol again in the finals?
▲We could meet in the finals, but it might not happen. If we do happen to meet again, I feel that today's game will be a great help to me. I think that if he does become my opponent in the finals any advantage, big or small, would help me a lot.

-It seems that this tournament can be very burdensome, yet fun at the same time.
▲This tournament has both active and retired players. However, these are players that have played many games since their debut and were extremely good players at their respective periods. This is a very good tournament for me. There is nothing about this tournament that burdensome for me.

-Any words about your readiness for the round of 4?
▲All I have to do is pass this critical moment to reach the finals of this tournament. I will try hard to make sure that I win the title.

Source: Savior's interview

___________________________________________________________________________________

Lee Yoon Yeol: "I will work hard to be the victor at the very end."
Jang Jae Ho (Moon) is very good at Starcraft 2


[image loading]




-You finished off your last game in the e-Stars Heritage League
▲I'm usually a person that hates to lose. Although I was satisfied with the opening of my game, I feel like I relaxed too much. I think I fell to Ma Jae Yoon's build because it was so unique.

-You will face Lim Yo Hwan in the round of 4.
▲Yo Hwan hyung is a very strategical player. I feel like I will have to use my mind a lot. I also feel that I will have to prepare a lot.

-Do you have any desire to face Ma Jae Yoon again in the finals?
▲Games are unpredictable. If we do get to come out in the finals, I will prepare even more than I have previously.

-This tournament must have been very fun for you.
▲For the first time in a long time, we all played comfortable games (no pressure, games for fun I guess). There's a story behind every player that you meet. I feel that whether you meet a player or a fan, it is always exciting.

-You will play you will play an exhibition game of Starcraft 2 against Jang Jae Ho (Moon) very soon.
▲Jang Jae Ho plays Starcraft 2 so well. I will try to display as many units as I can in the games. I want to show many dazzling spectacles to everyone, especially since it's an exhibition game.

-Any words about your readiness for the round of 4?
▲In my mind, the real games start now. I will work even harder so that I will become the final victor in this tournament.

Source: Nada's interview

They did an interview for everyone in the tournament, but these were the important ones and also the players that advanced to the round of 4.
Sullifam
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
July 24 2009 16:28 GMT
#2
On July 25 2009 01:24 ghostWriter wrote:
-Any words about your readiness for the round of 4?
▲Although the draws for the round of 4 are being drawn today, I'm fine with playing against anyone. Whether I am up against Lee Yoon Yeol (Nada) or Ma Jae Yoon (Savior), I am fine. I will definitely win so I can face Lim Yo Hwan again in the finals and bring a strategy that is second only to a nuclear attack.


hahahahaha

thanks for the interviews!


DoX.)
Profile Joined December 2008
Singapore6164 Posts
July 24 2009 16:30 GMT
#3
<3

Poor Nada thou losing like that =(
radiumz0rz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States253 Posts
July 24 2009 16:36 GMT
#4
awesome
Berkeley '10
Sigh
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2433 Posts
July 24 2009 16:57 GMT
#5
Yes I want Nada and Savior's interview please and thank you=)
Thanks for the translation! I thought the nuke had some BM meaning to it, but i guess not hahaha
NaDa/Flash/Thorzain Fan
Art.FeeL
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1163 Posts
July 24 2009 16:58 GMT
#6
woot is this day 5 winners interview or advancers interview ?
I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work the luckier I am.
B1nary
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada1267 Posts
July 24 2009 16:58 GMT
#7
Wow. It sounds like YellOw still has so much respect for Boxer, even after so many years. Props to both these legends. Hope they face each other again in the tournament =D
vlaric
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States412 Posts
July 24 2009 17:13 GMT
#8
Thanks for the interview. Would appreciate it if you would do (Z)sAviOr and (T)NaDa as well, please.
Wannabe zerg player
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
July 24 2009 17:13 GMT
#9
Boxer's nukes were pimp, looks like Yellow isnt really happy about them.
thanks for translation~
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-24 17:15:10
July 24 2009 17:14 GMT
#10
Ah I freaking fell asleep during Anytime / Tossgirl T___________T

Thanks for the translations~
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
July 24 2009 17:39 GMT
#11
If Savior and Nada's interviews could be translated it would be most appreciated.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
July 24 2009 17:40 GMT
#12
Wait so they're redrawing?????

That would be nice.

Thanks for translation!
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
samachking
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Bahrain4949 Posts
July 24 2009 17:43 GMT
#13
Yellow is going to infest CC. That is the most humiliating thing a Zerg can do to a T, Infest CC into mass infesteds gogo . Honestly though, they need better maps than nostalgia to play on, since that map is completely obsolete :/
"And then Earthlings discovered tools. Suddenly agreeing with friends could be a form of suicide or worse. But agreements went on, not for the sake of common sense, or decency, or self preservation, but for friendliness."
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
July 24 2009 17:43 GMT
#14
Yes, the nukes indeed were at 6 oclock and at 1 oclock ramp. Both successful nukes in fact, Boxer just walked the ghost up, nuked and a few seconds later boom.

Sad, I kinda wanted to see how Yellow felt about the nukes. "So how did you feel about getting nuked?"
God Bless
bao235
Profile Joined February 2009
Norway97 Posts
July 24 2009 17:48 GMT
#15
Thanks for the translation. I wonder what kind of strategy/attack Yellow had in mind when he said it was second to a nuclear missile. Sauron Zerg? Infested terrans?
It's pronounced without the L.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
July 24 2009 17:52 GMT
#16
On July 25 2009 02:48 bao235 wrote:
Thanks for the translation. I wonder what kind of strategy/attack Yellow had in mind when he said it was second to a nuclear missile. Sauron Zerg? Infested terrans?


Infestation ;p
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
July 24 2009 17:54 GMT
#17
On July 25 2009 01:24 ghostWriter wrote:Does anyone want Savior and Nada?


you're kidding, right? I'll die if I don't get the NaDa and Savior interviews. I'll die!
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
July 24 2009 18:10 GMT
#18
I will definitely win so I can face Lim Yo Hwan again in the finals and bring a strategy that is second only to a nuclear attack.


it's cool to see that he has a sense of humor. it was cool how he was smiling as he gged out.
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
July 24 2009 18:32 GMT
#19
On July 25 2009 02:14 Smix wrote:
Ah I freaking fell asleep during Anytime / Tossgirl T___________T

Thanks for the translations~


At your computer? So you have keyboard marks all over your face now? ^^

On July 25 2009 02:43 samachking wrote:
Yellow is going to infest CC. That is the most humiliating thing a Zerg can do to a T, Infest CC into mass infesteds gogo . Honestly though, they need better maps than nostalgia to play on, since that map is completely obsolete :/


Truthfully, I feel like Nostalgia was a fitting choice, because of its name and because it was used back then when these players were big. It adds to the epicness of the tournament, no?
Sullifam
d.arkive
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States843 Posts
July 24 2009 18:33 GMT
#20
They definitely have a lot of respect for each other So nostalgic.
"Refrigerator. Refrigerator, damn you. Refrigerator."~Spiritofthetuna, speaking in Haiku after losing
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
July 24 2009 18:38 GMT
#21
sick i love hertiage league OMG

<#_#$<!#TFADSa

thanks for translation :D:D::D
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
July 24 2009 18:47 GMT
#22
Thanks again for the translation!!!!! Well, this sure is interesting of how this worked out. My predictions and my fanboyism desire is for sAviOr and BoxeR come up to the finals and have an epic final!!! Even more so than sAviOr vs NaDa nor Yellow vs BoxeR!!!! :D
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
July 24 2009 18:53 GMT
#23
OMG the boxer vs yellow game must have been so epic, I need it uploaded!!!!
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
July 24 2009 18:55 GMT
#24
So yellow is in the ro4? I thought he and anytime were tied at 2 - 2 in their group.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
July 24 2009 18:55 GMT
#25
On July 25 2009 03:55 MuffinDude wrote:
So yellow is in the ro4? I thought he and anytime were tied at 2 - 2 in their group.


YellOw won head to head.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
ryuu_
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1266 Posts
July 24 2009 19:30 GMT
#26
Heritage League> OSL GOM and MSL.
So much respect and so many amazing games.
Thanks for the translations!
♣ Jaedong. Stork. Bisu. Calm. NaDa. SC2: Sen, MKP, DRG, MMA, Grubby, NonY, Ret, Jinro, TLO, Sheth, HayprO, Zenio,Taeja,Snute, Sea, Rain, MC,Squirtle,Stephano,Parting ,Life, and HEROOOOO <3
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
July 24 2009 19:38 GMT
#27
damn...... Nada's jacked!
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-24 19:40:40
July 24 2009 19:40 GMT
#28
Nice translation! I'm surprised that they just randomly decided to talk about Starcraft 2. Good luck to them

I am surprised that the games aren't up yet :O They're He's usually on it ASAP.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
koOl
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada254 Posts
July 24 2009 19:40 GMT
#29
can someone do the other interviews please?
hihi
SynC[gm]
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States3127 Posts
July 24 2009 19:49 GMT
#30
Look at NaDa... He's pretty buff, lol.
twitch.tv/dizzywee
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
July 24 2009 20:03 GMT
#31
On July 25 2009 04:49 SynC[gm] wrote:
Look at NaDa... He's pretty buff, lol.


No surprise there. Take a look at some of his old pics, especially the ones with him and his phone taking a pic of his back. The guy's in pretty good shape for a progamer.
God Bless
AlwaysGG
Profile Joined March 2009
Taiwan952 Posts
July 24 2009 20:13 GMT
#32
mirror match then in the ffinal a epic tvz!
Trust 神教教主 FlaSh | Believe 火心 EffOrt
darktreb
Profile Joined May 2007
United States3019 Posts
July 24 2009 20:29 GMT
#33
On July 25 2009 02:40 Last Romantic wrote:
Wait so they're redrawing?????

That would be nice.

Thanks for translation!


I think the interview with Boxer happened before Savior vs Nada so that's why he was unsure who he was going to face. But I could be wrong (hopefully, haha)!
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
July 24 2009 20:29 GMT
#34
Nice, thanks for the translation. I hope Yellow can win the whole thing.

Lee Jae Hyun is Maestro[KaL] btw (Savior fan I guess)
BW forever || Thall
Tom Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1114 Posts
July 24 2009 20:37 GMT
#35
On July 25 2009 03:55 MuffinDude wrote:
So yellow is in the ro4? I thought he and anytime were tied at 2 - 2 in their group.


Since Yellow beat Anytime in their match, Yellow advances to the next round. It is kind of pathetic really, they gave him an automatic win simply beacuse they wanted to avoid the headaches of organising a tiebreaker match. To be honest, a win by default does not do either of the players justice. Oh, well....

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the semi-finals beacuse the participants are suprisingly even in their chances to win. While Savior and Nada are still the clear favourites, both of them suffer from handicaps that offer their opponents chances of qualifying for the finals instead. Savior is not that good in ZvZ, while NaDa has been undergoing a serious slump (most likely the worst in his career).

Overall, it will be interesting to see who will get through. One way or another, we have a guaruanteed epic TvZ final.
You and your "5 years of competitive RTS experience" can take a hike. - FrozenArbiter
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
July 24 2009 20:38 GMT
#36
Damn barely recognized nada in that pic, he looks pretty damn buffed up atm
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
July 24 2009 20:42 GMT
#37
On July 25 2009 05:37 Tom Phoenix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2009 03:55 MuffinDude wrote:
So yellow is in the ro4? I thought he and anytime were tied at 2 - 2 in their group.


Since Yellow beat Anytime in their match, Yellow advances to the next round. It is kind of pathetic really, they gave him an automatic win simply beacuse they wanted to avoid the headaches of organising a tiebreaker match. To be honest, a win by default does not do either of the players justice. Oh, well....

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the semi-finals beacuse the participants are suprisingly even in their chances to win. While Savior and Nada are still the clear favourites, both of them suffer from handicaps that offer their opponents chances of qualifying for the finals instead. Savior is not that good in ZvZ, while NaDa has been undergoing a serious slump (most likely the worst in his career).

Overall, it will be interesting to see who will get through. One way or another, we have a guaruanteed epic TvZ final.


Truthfully, to have anytime playing instead of yellow would be doing a huge disservice to the fans.
Who doesn't want to see an epic Boxer vs Yellow finals, especially after today's games?

Anytime playing against anyone here would not even be close to as good.
Sullifam
kanu_knl
Profile Joined July 2008
United States83 Posts
July 24 2009 21:04 GMT
#38
On July 25 2009 03:53 Whiplash wrote:
OMG the boxer vs yellow game must have been so epic, I need it uploaded!!!!

The VOD is on Mystlord's Channel, in the On-Demand tab
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Mystlord
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
July 24 2009 22:48 GMT
#39
Thanks for the translations
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
July 24 2009 23:04 GMT
#40
Savior's making that O Rly? Face.
Jaedong
Tom Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1114 Posts
July 24 2009 23:05 GMT
#41
On July 25 2009 05:42 ghostWriter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2009 05:37 Tom Phoenix wrote:
On July 25 2009 03:55 MuffinDude wrote:
So yellow is in the ro4? I thought he and anytime were tied at 2 - 2 in their group.


Since Yellow beat Anytime in their match, Yellow advances to the next round. It is kind of pathetic really, they gave him an automatic win simply beacuse they wanted to avoid the headaches of organising a tiebreaker match. To be honest, a win by default does not do either of the players justice. Oh, well....

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the semi-finals beacuse the participants are suprisingly even in their chances to win. While Savior and Nada are still the clear favourites, both of them suffer from handicaps that offer their opponents chances of qualifying for the finals instead. Savior is not that good in ZvZ, while NaDa has been undergoing a serious slump (most likely the worst in his career).

Overall, it will be interesting to see who will get through. One way or another, we have a guaruanteed epic TvZ final.


Truthfully, to have anytime playing instead of yellow would be doing a huge disservice to the fans.
Who doesn't want to see an epic Boxer vs Yellow finals, especially after today's games?

Anytime playing against anyone here would not even be close to as good.


While that is true and I wanted Yellow to qualify, this way of dealing with things is just...wrong. You do not deny players their rightful chance to compete for the sake of fan service. Besides, it is also a disservice to fans if you intentionally cut games.

It is their tournament and they can do whatever they want. Still, this was simply lame.
You and your "5 years of competitive RTS experience" can take a hike. - FrozenArbiter
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 471
Hyuk 309
910 147
Dewaltoss 70
Killer 37
ZergMaN 32
Bale 26
NotJumperer 25
yabsab 17
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe127
League of Legends
JimRising 491
Counter-Strike
olofmeister647
ceh9524
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1770
Khaldor385
Other Games
singsing867
Happy454
WinterStarcraft410
Sick227
Livibee190
Mew2King175
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream309
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH95
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2314
League of Legends
• Stunt525
• Jankos409
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 46m
Stellar Fest
4h 46m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.