• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:59
CEST 20:59
KST 03:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9386 users

Let's do a Bay Area / NorCal LAN! - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
July 22 2009 20:17 GMT
#61
Previously I said I would bring 'some friends.' I meant 'one friend' and after discussion with him, it appears he has a huge mancrush on evanthethebouncy. So he gave an ultimatum: Only if evan goes, he will go... This is so awkward, what kind of friends do I have?!? Nonetheless, evan please attend!!
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-22 22:13:26
July 22 2009 22:04 GMT
#62
The one in Berkeley looks cool and I think we can bargain the rates down, but I was looking at some pics and half the store is devoted to card games and randomly there's a bunch of computers so it's kind of weird. Doesn't seem like the most fitting atmosphere, but it could work Do they even have Starcraft though? I'll put it up as a possibility too and do some more research on it, and thanks for the info on euphNET zoLo

Edit: Actually it looks pretty cool when I look at more pictures... so what do people think between the two centers?
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
July 22 2009 22:16 GMT
#63
I'm biased towards euphNET because it's close to me. Berkeley has already had a ton of LANs; there's never any in the south bay!
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
phase
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States399 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-23 00:32:40
July 23 2009 00:30 GMT
#64
IMO, there's nothing to do in the South Bay after like 10pm because its really hard to find places that are still open. Also, if people not living in the south bay want to go to Euphnet it's probably going to require a 30 mins - 1+ hour drive. The nice thing about having it in Berkeley is that like I said, it's a block away from the BART station, which I think would be a lot more convenient for a lot of people, and there is a lot of other stuff to do in the area.

On July 23 2009 07:04 Superiorwolf wrote:
The one in Berkeley looks cool and I think we can bargain the rates down, but I was looking at some pics and half the store is devoted to card games and randomly there's a bunch of computers so it's kind of weird. Doesn't seem like the most fitting atmosphere, but it could work Do they even have Starcraft though? I'll put it up as a possibility too and do some more research on it, and thanks for the info on euphNET zoLo

Edit: Actually it looks pretty cool when I look at more pictures... so what do people think between the two centers?

They DO have Broodwar on all their computers, but sadly, they dont have Iccup on it, or have a way of installing it unless you talk to the owners and have them do it for you. But yea, when I dropped by to check the place out the other day to see if they had Broodwar installed, I started playing some US East pub scrub and then like a couple guys started waching and one of the guys was like, "damn, you'd make boxer proud" lulz
7c.nEptuNe
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States153 Posts
July 23 2009 00:49 GMT
#65
I used go to that Euphnet quite frequently, but sadly, I only go to play DoTA with friends. Stuff that I know about it.


1) There are two MAIN rooms that are not closed by doors, each with about around 16ish computers.
2) There are I believe three or four smaller rooms, each with 4-6 computers each. These rooms are closed rooms used for lanning.
3) Friday-Sunday nights are incredibly crowded, but when you go during a weekday afternoon, you can usually have at least two of the smaller rooms and a large majority of one of the big rooms free.
4) The rates are $3.50 an hour, but you can print a coupon for buy one hour, get one free. I have never tried using that coupon for more than once in a day. Also, I don't know if this coupon will help us a ton if we are buying in bulk and are trying to work out a deal with Euphnet.
5) There are happy hour rates, but I always forget what time they are at. You might have to call them to figure that out, or check their website.
6) I DO NOT KNOW ANY RESTAURANTS VERY CLOSE BY! I usually just hit up Taco Bell or El Pollo Loco, both of which are right next to it. Could someone possibly yelp it? (Sorry, I'm in Taiwan right now and am about to teach some students how to learn English so this is a very rushed post!)

If anyone has any other information or disagrees with some of this stuff, please feel free to post!

BTW, COUNT ME IN FOR THE LAN =D, unless it's on August 8th.
abcb
Profile Joined November 2007
United States136 Posts
July 23 2009 03:22 GMT
#66
well some of the korean restaurant are bars are opened late in sunnyvale and santa clara, so if ppl are down for korean food/soju there is always that.

99 chicken open until 11:30
VIP open until 2am

Of course there is always regular bars in sj downtown, mountain view, palo alto, and late night food.
NotJumperer
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States1371 Posts
July 23 2009 03:23 GMT
#67
--- Nuked ---
Probe.
Profile Joined May 2009
United States877 Posts
July 23 2009 06:10 GMT
#68
Yes I will go to this. Can you PM on what date and what place it's going to be once we has agreed on the best location / time for everyone?
meow
phase
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States399 Posts
July 25 2009 11:05 GMT
#69
Went to Eudemonia again on the way back from the lab, and counted - there are 40 computers. 26 are closer to the front of the store and look like they have newer equipment, and 14 of them are in the back room.
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-25 11:58:05
July 25 2009 11:56 GMT
#70
Eudemonia is okay I guess, west side on Berkeley is really dead after 10pm, but we can always walk to the southSide to get something up.
Asian ghetto ftw!

In fact I propose we all go to Steve's Korean BBQ (place run by mexicans) which is dirt cheap and serve generous quantities and eat the place out.

If anyone want to show up earlier I'll tour the campus with you guys if you want.
Just make sure it's after 8/15th where I'd be taking my finals for my summer classes and I'll gladly help organize the event
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
July 26 2009 17:33 GMT
#71
On July 25 2009 20:56 evanthebouncy! wrote:
Eudemonia is okay I guess, west side on Berkeley is really dead after 10pm, but we can always walk to the southSide to get something up.
Asian ghetto ftw!

In fact I propose we all go to Steve's Korean BBQ (place run by mexicans) which is dirt cheap and serve generous quantities and eat the place out.

If anyone want to show up earlier I'll tour the campus with you guys if you want.
Just make sure it's after 8/15th where I'd be taking my finals for my summer classes and I'll gladly help organize the event

QFT
this is critical ;D
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
Drums
Profile Joined February 2009
United States35 Posts
July 26 2009 19:08 GMT
#72
Nice put me down on the list of people interested ill go for sure
why do i suck so bad?
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
July 30 2009 13:35 GMT
#73
count me in if its after aug 14th, ill be in the middle east until then. im there right now. xD
epicdoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States489 Posts
July 30 2009 17:13 GMT
#74
On July 23 2009 07:16 ShadowDrgn wrote:
I'm biased towards euphNET because it's close to me. Berkeley has already had a ton of LANs; there's never any in the south bay!


This.

Why can't we just have dinner at like 7/8 and then drive back to Euphnet, most people will have cars anyways I would think. And I guess then find some 24 hour place to kick it after. Since Cal starts at like the 23rd and summer classes are ending a couple weeks before that, and combining that with the poll, I guess we're looking at the 15th/16th?

Or if superiorwolf gets back from wherever we COULD have it on the 8th, but I think that might be a little soon. Unless we get our shit together asap

Those are all our weekends that we can use before college starts for a lot of people. And then if those don't work we have all the weekdays I guess, but I think that is not preferred by most people.

Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
July 30 2009 17:25 GMT
#75
euphnet plz

i don't wanna go to school before i have to ._.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Golfcart
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1 Post
July 30 2009 19:57 GMT
#76
I live in Modesto! Not far at all. I'd be interested in attending, I also have two Routers(24) if we end up going to a gym or a place without computers.
Anyday is good for me, except sundays.
Sounds fun! =P
John49ers
Profile Joined May 2009
United States237 Posts
July 30 2009 21:58 GMT
#77
Count me in!
“The beauty of Bill's system was that there was always a place to go with the ball, ... I was the mailman, just delivering people's mail, and there were all kinds of houses to go to.”-Joe Montana
gchan
Profile Joined October 2007
United States654 Posts
July 31 2009 04:09 GMT
#78
On July 25 2009 20:56 evanthebouncy! wrote:
Eudemonia is okay I guess, west side on Berkeley is really dead after 10pm, but we can always walk to the southSide to get something up.
Asian ghetto ftw!

In fact I propose we all go to Steve's Korean BBQ (place run by mexicans) which is dirt cheap and serve generous quantities and eat the place out.

If anyone want to show up earlier I'll tour the campus with you guys if you want.
Just make sure it's after 8/15th where I'd be taking my finals for my summer classes and I'll gladly help organize the event


Steve is Korean and I've actually seen him do the cooking...but yeah it's usually the mexicans who run the place. It's funny that he and his wife both actually talk to them in spanish though.
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
July 31 2009 04:23 GMT
#79
Please at euphnet...

It's literally a 10 min walk from my house
:D
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
August 02 2009 04:44 GMT
#80
Getting back from Alaska tomorrow morning, this is the first time I've gotten internet. Looks like it's pretty split between euphNET and between the place in Berkeley, so we might just have 2 LANs sometime, one at each. It looks like the split is pretty even, which is difficult to deal with I'll be back tomorrow to make some more posts.

Also seems liek some people want to do a before 8/15 LAN and some want to do after 8/15... maybe we should have 2 LANs in this month of AUGUST!!! >:D

How's that sound?
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 275
BRAT_OK 97
JuggernautJason72
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 699
Zeus 82
soO 44
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 23
Sacsri 9
ZZZero.O 0
Dota 2
qojqva2403
420jenkins622
canceldota14
Counter-Strike
fl0m5104
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3414
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe223
Pyrionflax169
Livibee163
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 58
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach97
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie667
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 1m
Patches Events
20h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.