• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:16
CEST 00:16
KST 07:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8671 users

Berkeley LAN... - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
November 11 2008 03:45 GMT
#161
It actually wasn't that inconvenient, GearitUP. Last year we did this, with 4 routers and everyone brought their own laptop. Although I'd love to be at a real LAN, this works just as well. But about the $$$ for the LAN, I don't quite understand. It's $20 per person?
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
November 11 2008 04:12 GMT
#162
LR is at berkeley, as a freshman. Dwinelle is probably the easiest if you can get enough computers/everyone is okay playing on a laptop.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 11 2008 04:16 GMT
#163
It isn't that inconvenient AT ALL. In 2005 we had a LAN in SoCal where we rented a house in Orange County and had a LAN with almost 20 people and the only problem we had was at the start the electrical grid in the house crashed because of the amount of comps, but if we actually get a good place at Berkeley that shouldn't be a problem at all.

30495834098x cheaper than fucking $20 per person for 10 hours that is absolutely outrageous, lol. I don't care if SoCal places are cheaper than NorCal places, we got $9 for 11am-2am , that's less than half the price for 15 hours as opposed to 10 hours ;; that's ridiculous.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-11 06:37:25
November 11 2008 06:34 GMT
#164
Alright, someone with connections set us up a room in Dwinelle!

Edit: Hmm... Xeris, how long do you propose this LAN to be? Last year we only had it for like... 5-6 hours? It was like 6 PM to 11 PM, or something like that. Here's the pics of how big the room was last year: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=69835 (near middle of page)

I think we'll need a bigger room this time
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
GearitUP
Profile Joined November 2008
United States337 Posts
November 11 2008 12:40 GMT
#165
Ohhhh... laptops... hahahaha I was gona bring my Tower CPU, I dont have a laptop, maybe I can borrow my friends
Own<Owned<Ownt<Pwn<Pwned<PwnT< YOU NEWB!
NightToad
Profile Joined July 2008
60 Posts
November 11 2008 15:03 GMT
#166
I have lots of switches/hubs/routers + cables if we need extra. Kinda wishing i didn't sell my laptop last month though. =[
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
November 11 2008 16:38 GMT
#167
If worst comes to worst, people can always share computers if they have no other means of getting a laptop there.
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
November 11 2008 20:12 GMT
#168
On November 11 2008 21:40 GearitUP wrote:
Ohhhh... laptops... hahahaha I was gona bring my Tower CPU, I dont have a laptop, maybe I can borrow my friends

I don't think that anyone is going to tell you that you shouldn't bring your tower cpu...
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 11 2008 20:21 GMT
#169
On November 11 2008 15:34 Superiorwolf wrote:
Alright, someone with connections set us up a room in Dwinelle!

Edit: Hmm... Xeris, how long do you propose this LAN to be? Last year we only had it for like... 5-6 hours? It was like 6 PM to 11 PM, or something like that. Here's the pics of how big the room was last year: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=69835 (near middle of page)

I think we'll need a bigger room this time


depends on how many people we have ...

if we're efficient we can finish 16 people in about 6-7 hours.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
November 11 2008 20:26 GMT
#170
I think there will be a lot more than 16 people
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
GearitUP
Profile Joined November 2008
United States337 Posts
November 12 2008 04:04 GMT
#171
On November 12 2008 05:12 waterGHOSTCLAWdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2008 21:40 GearitUP wrote:
Ohhhh... laptops... hahahaha I was gona bring my Tower CPU, I dont have a laptop, maybe I can borrow my friends

I don't think that anyone is going to tell you that you shouldn't bring your tower cpu...


Ya but its just a bit of a pain in the ass to lug around the tower and my oldschool 500 lbs 22 inch monitor...
Own<Owned<Ownt<Pwn<Pwned<PwnT< YOU NEWB!
GreenGloop
Profile Joined September 2007
United States8 Posts
November 12 2008 04:44 GMT
#172
Hey everyone, I'm from the Asian American Association. We host the semiannual LAN Part at Berkeley. I started it two semesters ago and I'm glad that it seems to be taking off, and Its happening again this Friday Nov 14. Here's the details if your interested:


LAN B4 Time III
Locked In. No Escape. From Dusk till Dawn.
Friday November 14, 7 pm to Saturday November 15, 7 am
Check in at 156 Dwinelle. Play in 109, 160, 182 Dwinelle

- All Night. From Dusk till Dawn. Starts at 7pm till however late your body can take.
- Starcraft singles tournament
- Smash Brawl singles tournament
- Smash Brawl doubles tournament
- Prizes awarded to top finishers
- Free play for games such as Guitar Hero, Mario Kart, Halo, DDR, DOtA, and much more
- BYOC (bring your own controller/computer)
- Or just hang out and play board games if you're not into video games
- drinks and food will be available for sale
- Sponsored by BAWLS
- Airbeds will be available in case your body crashes from all the intense gaming you'll be doing
There is nothing so easy to learn as experience and nothing so hard to apply - Josh Billings
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-12 06:17:59
November 12 2008 06:15 GMT
#173
OH SHIT YES YES YES YE SY ES YES YES YES YES YES YES Y SEY ES YSE YES YSE YE SY ESY ES YES YES YESY EYES YESNY ESNYES Y SEYES YESYESK N4IWOYH2490B6U1VT6M23]-J5 BV2O3vo\k

edit: btw, were you the same guy who was there last time with us? And wasn't there someone named Blackgloop? is that you? XD This is cool! Hmm... are we still going to have a second LAN when Xeris comes?
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-12 08:24:03
November 12 2008 06:25 GMT
#174
lol holy shit 12 hours

xeris = owned

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=48303071277
Hates Fun🤔
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
November 12 2008 06:36 GMT
#175
Cool! Xeris, if you can organize one the next week (if you still want to) I will be all up for it on Saturday, or Sunday morning. I am going to this one :D
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 12 2008 09:26 GMT
#176
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

WHAT THE FUCK -_-;;

WHY THIS FRIDAY ASSHOLES... >.>
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
GearitUP
Profile Joined November 2008
United States337 Posts
November 12 2008 14:02 GMT
#177
Ya thats totally awesome Im going to this one :D
Own<Owned<Ownt<Pwn<Pwned<PwnT< YOU NEWB!
NightToad
Profile Joined July 2008
60 Posts
November 12 2008 14:19 GMT
#178
airbeds? lol. this is hardcore.
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
November 12 2008 15:21 GMT
#179
Happy birthday Xeris -_-;;
Man, I am posting from school right now just to vent some anger/frustration/sadness.

On Friday I have volleyball practice, then on Saturday I have to get up early to go to a tournament. Although missing the volleyball practice should be fine, I'm in a predicament here - First, I'll have to convince my parents to let me skip the volleyball practice. Next, if I can go to the LAN, I will have to leave around 10:40 - 11:20, whereas I was originally planning to stay upwards until 2-3 AM. However, I did leave the last LAN B4 Time at around 11:30, so it shouldn't be too bad if I can go.

This LAN B4 Time sounds like it will be loads more fun than last one because with, what, airbeds, food and snacks? Hahaha, it will be a very professional LAN! I really wish I could have gone without limitations, but hopefully I can still come for at least part of the LAN. If I do come, though, I'll make sure to bring a videocamera and camera! Last year we did not have the best of coverage.

Xeris, will you still be planning to host another one the next week? I will have nothing on that weekend (the best day will be Saturday for me, at least).
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
NightToad
Profile Joined July 2008
60 Posts
November 12 2008 15:31 GMT
#180
There are a lot of bw players in the Bay Area. We should at least try to organize these every few months.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O151
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 524
ZZZero.O 151
Hyun 93
Dota 2
qojqva2224
monkeys_forever245
League of Legends
Doublelift3778
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4548
Liquid`Hasu528
Other Games
summit1g11330
FrodaN1530
KnowMe283
JimRising 251
Livibee191
ViBE27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick706
StarCraft 2
angryscii 40
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Adnapsc2 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra846
Other Games
• imaqtpie1049
• Shiphtur548
• tFFMrPink 7
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 45m
Patches Events
16h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 45m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.