• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:59
CEST 00:59
KST 07:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10324 users

Hackers Caught !! - Page 28

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-25 02:00:12
April 25 2008 01:58 GMT
#541
I hope I don't derail a semi serious thread, but there are methods to show she's a hacker.

Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
April 25 2008 03:07 GMT
#542
lol offtopic, but how do you get Sesame street emoticons?
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
noobienoob
Profile Joined July 2007
United States1173 Posts
April 25 2008 04:29 GMT
#543
On April 25 2008 10:54 VIB wrote:
Show nested quote +
By the way, the newest Oblivion is now out and it fixes the safeclicks thing, so for replays dated after the announcement date, the method doesn't work.
This means we can now use the old method of checking if they click on stuff out of fog of war right? Is there any quick way to do this?
If they click stuff out of the fog of war without safe clicks I think it's supposed to say HACK on bwchart, but I'm assuming they fixed it on Oblivion so it doesn't say hack. Also, now that this method of catching hackers is known, the hackers can easily avoid this by just toggling the maphack on and off when needed and purposely putting "suspicious" clicks in, so it's not really reliable anymore. The method used is only good to catch people who hacked prior to the public announcement.
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 25 2008 04:47 GMT
#544
On April 25 2008 09:21 Dknight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2008 07:44 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Our Liquibet number two is a hacker???!?!?!?!???!?
Unless it's a different Kassios, in which case my apologies :p


I'm pretty sure thats the same Kassios.


Here are some more caught, banned, and had all their matches reversed at WGT-CL:

sT-Kassios-
Ervin[5thF]
faculty.Zarrr
nerOz.BoSs
kal.BoSs
Keeper-JoeJim
Keeper-Kakashi (Dino)
Keeper-Tigrou
paniC.rAisY-
gH-Ferdin
rSk.Blaster


These gamers had their name thrown around quite a bit but from what we found, they do not hack: T.SQD)rubz, BW-Space, and xzOz.Rev.


Uhh Kakashi is not Dino lol. Maybe had Dino play games for him, but defintely not Dino
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
April 25 2008 04:58 GMT
#545
they are all dino!
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 25 2008 04:59 GMT
#546
A legitimate possibility
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
April 25 2008 05:04 GMT
#547
that was a typo. Kakashi = Joekim + Batman
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
araav
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Armenia1590 Posts
April 25 2008 06:22 GMT
#548
can't read all over the thread - but is there a special program that scans for this flag method over a specified replays folder? if notm, i will make one this weekend
The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.
Reflex
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada703 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-25 07:36:17
April 25 2008 07:35 GMT
#549
On April 25 2008 15:22 araav wrote:
can't read all over the thread - but is there a special program that scans for this flag method over a specified replays folder? if notm, i will make one this weekend


Yep. It's called bwoblivionhunter.

Nice thought though
DirtyBirD
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States239 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-25 16:03:48
April 25 2008 16:00 GMT
#550
Over the past few days since the now infamous "hackers caught" bombshell, we here at sMi have gone to extensive lengths to look into whether or not one of our own is indeed a hacker. As many of you may know and many more may not, sMi is more than just a team, we are a family. Many of the members have been together for five or more years and when it comes to one of our own being called out we take it as a personal responsibility to find out the truth for ourselves.

The result was a several day long plunge into the BW history of Spades. What we found will not surprise many of you since you took the original announcement at face value and went with it. Spades did indeed hack. It seems that he has been hacking since January of 2008, replays prior to that show he did not hack, at least not with the current method of detection.

We reviewed some 150 replays and using an ordering by timeline method we discovered that prior to late January 2008 Spades had at least 1 click in 94% of the games over 15 minutes that he played. After January 28th those clicks practically dissapeared...strange to say the least. He went from 94% to 20% games with clicks. If you then removed a few games we were able to confirm were played on iCCup or LAN then we were left with 0% of his games after Jan 28th with ANY clicks. Thus confirming that he was using an illegitimate program or hack.

Click here to see all of the stats:+ Show Spoiler +

These are all the games played before 1/28/08... this is how legit players with few clicks should look
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


These are the games after 1/28/08 - note the sudden change to all 0 click games. Also note the anomaly games.
[image loading]


Here are the fun statistics. Note that I did not add fonger, kawaiirice, or badapples replays to this. They sent me about 25 replays which all fell in the pattern - after 1/28/08 0 clicks, before 1/28/08 mostly had clicks with a few 0 clicks.
[image loading]


Even after all of this evidence, Spades has decided to stick with his story and deny any allegations that he has hacked/used a hack. My guess is that since he's said/used the story so much since the first call out, he can't back down from it now...I guess.

Anyways, as such evidence has shown and as we've said before in another post somewhere, sMi does not and will not tolerate hacking or abusing in any way. We have removed plenty of "good" people from our team for these reasons before and Spades is no exception. Even though Spades played a big part in our CW lineup, we are without a doubt letting him go due to the results of our investigation.

We here at sMi are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused and for allowing Spades to be a part of our team while taking advantage of the good natured people that run/host leagues.

Regards,
The sMi Managerial Team:
Leader - sMi.DirtyBirD
Founders - sMi.NewB / sMi.Clash
Managers - sMi.FakeSteve / sMi.Eternal / sMi.Aurious / sMi.KeeN
sMi.DirtyBirD
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
April 25 2008 16:11 GMT
#551
Good post except spades was never good looool
sprawlers
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway439 Posts
April 25 2008 16:59 GMT
#552
Great post dirtybird. good to see that you take action.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
April 25 2008 18:16 GMT
#553
On April 25 2008 13:29 noobienoob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2008 10:54 VIB wrote:
By the way, the newest Oblivion is now out and it fixes the safeclicks thing, so for replays dated after the announcement date, the method doesn't work.
This means we can now use the old method of checking if they click on stuff out of fog of war right? Is there any quick way to do this?
If they click stuff out of the fog of war without safe clicks I think it's supposed to say HACK on bwchart, but I'm assuming they fixed it on Oblivion so it doesn't say hack. Also, now that this method of catching hackers is known, the hackers can easily avoid this by just toggling the maphack on and off when needed and purposely putting "suspicious" clicks in, so it's not really reliable anymore. The method used is only good to catch people who hacked prior to the public announcement.


As long as the maphack is running, be it Off, Lite, or Full/On/whatever the third setting is, it should still eliminate suspicious clicks. Toggling wouldn't make any difference. (With the old version, at least)
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
bustaBust
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada469 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-26 02:23:58
April 25 2008 21:59 GMT
#554
Is everyone as SICK of these fucking hackers and their shitty attitudes as I am? I'm tried of them fucking up our games and not taking responsibility for it, like wasting peoples well earned leisure time with drophack is a joke.

If you goto their Discussion forums a person asked them politely why they don't play fare (here). Their responses are "Have you ever played starcraft without hacks? shits boring!", "Quit fucking crying" and "Heaven forbid he takes a (undeserved) loss". No mother fucker, heaven forbid you should have to sit down and learn a GAME to earn a win. Heaven forbid you have respect for yourself and your opponent, heaven forbid you apologize for being a dishonest cheat. Every time hackers get exposed (with proof) they start swearing and counter accusing like a degenerate spazz. After taking it lying down for 3+ years, I want to fuck with their shit now. I have no sympathy for them, lets get dirty .

TL its time to show them shit ain't sweet! We need to fight back. Post ideas!

I was thinking we could get Google to say their site is potentially harmful like those warez sites. They would lose a ton of visitors that way. Its small but its a start!

Also do any supporters live close to...
Administrative Contact:
Burke, Mike earwacks@cox.net
BWHacks
2021 E. Soft Wind Dr
Phoenix, Arizona 85024
United States
4802429319
WhoIs results
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
April 25 2008 22:03 GMT
#555
On April 26 2008 06:59 bustaBust wrote:
Is everyone as SICK of these fucking hackers and their shitty attitudes as I am? I'm tried of them fucking up our games and not taking responsibility for it, like wasting peoples well earned leisure time with drophack is a joke.

If you goto their Discussion forums a person asked them politely why they don't play fair (here). Their responses are "Have you ever played starcraft without hacks? shits boring!", "Quit fucking crying" and "Heaven forbid he takes a (undeserved) loss". No mother fucker, heaven forbid you should have to sit down and learn a GAME to earn a win. Heaven forbid you have respect for yourself and your opponent, heaven forbid you apologize for being a dishonest cheat. Every time hackers get exposed (with proof) they start swearing and counter accusing like a degenerate spazz. After taking it lying down for 3+ years, I want to fuck with their shit now. I have no sympathy for them, lets get dirty .

TL its time to show them shit ain't sweet! We need to fight back. Post ideas!

I was thinking we could get Google to say their site is potentially harmful like those warez sites. They would loose a ton of visitors that way. Its small but its a start!

Also do any supporters live close to...
Administrative Contact:
Burke, Mike earwacks@cox.net
BWHacks
2021 E. Soft Wind Dr
Phoenix, Arizona 85024
United States
4802429319
WhoIs results


lol it's pointless even talking to them. They are for hacking, so that's why they disagreed to everything that "Fathom" said.
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
bustaBust
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada469 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-25 22:36:49
April 25 2008 22:34 GMT
#556
I'm sorry if I misconstrued what I said, let me clarify. They are bad mannered, selfish liars. I have no intent on politely asking them to cease hacking as we've already seen the result. What I am proposing is we beat them at their own game, and possibly more. What I want is for hackers/the person who creates the hacks to be as inconvenienced as we are when our games get disrupted. I realize some people will think this is a waste of time, but I know I'm not the only one who wants something done about the rampid hacking.

If its not feasible at least we tried. But I think with the amount of talent on TL its completely feasible. We have programmers just like they do. If they can update their hacks in 2 days, why can't we make automatic hacker dropper tool? They're so many ways you can mess with someone when you have 200+ TLers at your disposal at any one time. We own the internet, do we not?
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
April 25 2008 23:06 GMT
#557
I don't think that you can argue with these people but although hacking sucks, random people hacking in public games is not the problem; the problem is that we don't have a hack free environment to avoid cheating and hacking in clan leagues, tournaments etc.

Maybe we should even give them more spotlight and try to communicate with the programmers more. I mean, people who want to hack will continue anyway and these are also the lame kiddies saying that playing without hack sucks. I vouch Zynastor as the next interviewee for RaGe!
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
April 26 2008 00:17 GMT
#558
To be honest, I think I'm sympathizing with TT1 right now.

I hate hackers. I wish they'd rot and burn. I've never even used maphacks for Diablo 2, and fucking everyone does. The thing is, TT1 seems to be making an honest effort to reform. Is it too little too late? Probably for most people.

TT1 may be like a criminal with an extensive record trying to reform. But if he's serious about it, he'll have to endure many months of hardship. Still, if people gave Testie a second chance (and yes, the young'en out there might not remember, but Testie was caught multiple different times and then later admitted to having hacked even after he was supposedly clean -- all the way as late as 02), then holding a double standard towards other hackers would be pitiful. I guess it just sucks for TT1 that he has neither the skill nor the charisma of Testie.

Meh, I might get banned for bringing up such old news, but I DON'T mean to use it to breed e-drama. The reason I bring it up is to remind people not to have double standards. It's fine if you say "I'll never forgive any hackers" and it's fine if you say "I'll forgive them if they prove themselves capable of reform." Really, I don't care either way, but it bothers me a bit that people have such double standards.

Do I think TT1 should have been allowed to finish this tourney? No. Why not? The rules said that you can't have hacked within so many months of the tourney. That was an ironclad rule and it was broken. It was right to ban him. I'm not so sure it's right for the community to get all bunched up in the panties when the community has such a history of forgiveness of hackers. That's all.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-26 00:41:31
April 26 2008 00:41 GMT
#559
TT1 made no effort to reform, he's hacked for years, he's hacked in the last year, and he's hacker in tournaments with prizes. Fuck 'im.
Moderator
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-26 01:09:00
April 26 2008 01:07 GMT
#560
On April 26 2008 06:59 bustaBust wrote:
Is everyone as SICK of these fucking hackers and their shitty attitudes as I am? I'm tried of them fucking up our games and not taking responsibility for it, like wasting peoples well earned leisure time with drophack is a joke.

If you goto their Discussion forums a person asked them politely why they don't play fare (here). Their responses are "Have you ever played starcraft without hacks? shits boring!", "Quit fucking crying" and "Heaven forbid he takes a (undeserved) loss". No mother fucker, heaven forbid you should have to sit down and learn a GAME to earn a win. Heaven forbid you have respect for yourself and your opponent, heaven forbid you apologize for being a dishonest cheat. Every time hackers get exposed (with proof) they start swearing and counter accusing like a degenerate spazz. After taking it lying down for 3+ years, I want to fuck with their shit now. I have no sympathy for them, lets get dirty .

TL its time to show them shit ain't sweet! We need to fight back. Post ideas!

I was thinking we could get Google to say their site is potentially harmful like those warez sites. They would loose a ton of visitors that way. Its small but its a start!

Also do any supporters live close to...
Administrative Contact:
Burke, Mike earwacks@cox.net
BWHacks
2021 E. Soft Wind Dr
Phoenix, Arizona 85024
United States
4802429319
WhoIs results


Fucking high-five, man. If I was a girl I would totally hit you :D

edit: Who the hell puts his address on a website -_-
^-^
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
Nina 104
Nathanias 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14156
Artosis 535
White-Ra 255
ToSsGirL 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever391
NeuroSwarm141
League of Legends
Doublelift4308
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox997
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1869
Liquid`Hasu1377
Trikslyr69
Other Games
summit1g7440
Grubby3475
ArmadaUGS759
shahzam590
JimRising 339
C9.Mang0281
ZombieGrub60
Mew2King44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
Other Games
gamesdonequick113
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• davetesta40
• musti20045 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1207
• imaqtpie1059
• Shiphtur251
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 1m
OSC
14h 1m
Stellar Fest
14h 1m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.