• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8205 users

Where is EffOrt? - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
June 24 2024 17:02 GMT
#21
Must've left the game right as his lings popped, creating the two different colored lings.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Nirli
Profile Joined February 2023
Bulgaria387 Posts
June 24 2024 17:59 GMT
#22
Snuck that defiler right into the natural.
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
June 24 2024 18:25 GMT
#23
Bro tried using a friendly nydus to go back home. He got stuck LMAO.

IM DONE WITH THIS MAN LOL
Nirli
Profile Joined February 2023
Bulgaria387 Posts
June 24 2024 19:08 GMT
#24
My guy drone tricked that geiser real good.
MineraIs
Profile Joined September 2020
United States846 Posts
June 24 2024 19:28 GMT
#25
two scourge with one larva amirite
✯ [ twitch.tv/MrMineraIs ] ✯ [ Check out my Maps: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/612442-official-maps-by-minerals ] ✯
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1601 Posts
June 26 2024 17:01 GMT
#26
One base builds are out of style kek

ko-fi.com/luckynoob
JoinTheRain
Profile Blog Joined September 2018
Bulgaria409 Posts
June 26 2024 18:45 GMT
#27
I see tl is keeping up well with the misogyny, blizzard would be proud of us! Go on with the disgusting remarks, I guess.
The subject-matter of the art of living is each person's own life.
ThunderJunk
Profile Joined December 2015
United States741 Posts
June 26 2024 19:05 GMT
#28
On June 27 2024 03:45 JoinTheRain wrote:
I see tl is keeping up well with the misogyny, blizzard would be proud of us! Go on with the disgusting remarks, I guess.

None of this qualifies as misogyny. Any and all of the comments could apply equally well to a female who cheated on a male. In fact, the egg comments would be especially funny in that context.

Now that that's out of the way...

Effort's hidden expo got scouted :x
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
June 26 2024 19:16 GMT
#29
On June 27 2024 03:45 JoinTheRain wrote:
I see tl is keeping up well with the misogyny, blizzard would be proud of us! Go on with the disgusting remarks, I guess.

Elaborate how any of these are "misogyny" or "disgusting."

Effort used his sauron zerg to swarm two bases at once.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
JoinTheRain
Profile Blog Joined September 2018
Bulgaria409 Posts
June 26 2024 19:35 GMT
#30
As I see it, a woman has been cheated on, even this is misogyny enough in itself for it implies contempt from effort on his wife. Wouldn't you agree? The trite and repulsive jokes only make it worse, I think. Because, how come no one said something along the lines of "Oh, I wonder how the girl feels when she's been put in such a horrible and traumatizing situation?" but everyone is like "He's doing two eggs, I must be the new Dave Chapelle lol" or similar nonsense?
Be that as it may, I'll leave you to have your little fun with the pack because adultery and humiliating women is, apparently, a laughable matter.
The subject-matter of the art of living is each person's own life.
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-06-26 20:31:44
June 26 2024 20:31 GMT
#31
I dont think we praising the guy tho.
I personally dont support him for taking a Main then a natural with the same drone.

If you already commit to the main then stick with the main my dude.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-06-26 20:51:18
June 26 2024 20:50 GMT
#32
Good example of strange state that current BW scene is in. To be a successful BW player you don't just need talent, you also need to be a constant streamer (for income, so that you can play BW all day, so that you can improve/keep up with meta etc), which means basically being a celebrity and constantly being under the limelight, and no contracts to back you up (IE if a NFL player was caught cheating on their spouse, they would still keep their contract and continue to play etc. maybe lose a sponsorship deal). There's a lot of money to be made at the top streaming BW, but also a lot of pressure and public ridicule streaming like that all the time. I can see why fantasy is/was weary of returning to BW.

I'm not saying it's fine that effort cheated on his wife, but it's also not great that personal matters like that can affect his financial situation (also has run-off effect of him not streaming takes a lot of money out of k-league I think?).

edit - I'm sure effort is fine financially for a while, but a financial hit from not streaming is still a hit.
Free Palestine
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
June 26 2024 21:35 GMT
#33
On June 27 2024 04:35 JoinTheRain wrote:
As I see it, a woman has been cheated on, even this is misogyny enough in itself for it implies contempt from effort on his wife. Wouldn't you agree? The trite and repulsive jokes only make it worse, I think. Because, how come no one said something along the lines of "Oh, I wonder how the girl feels when she's been put in such a horrible and traumatizing situation?" but everyone is like "He's doing two eggs, I must be the new Dave Chapelle lol" or similar nonsense?
Be that as it may, I'll leave you to have your little fun with the pack because adultery and humiliating women is, apparently, a laughable matter.

We don't know the wife. Of course cheating is shit. She's not going to see any of this anyways, and besides, not everyone needs to make everything depressing or sorrowful. Lilypichu got cheated on and people memed on the guy who cheated on her, and she actually said the memes were funny and helped her get through it.

Effort split his scourge on 2 mutas instead of just securing the kill on 1 muta.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-06-27 00:31:11
June 26 2024 22:36 GMT
#34
On June 27 2024 04:35 JoinTheRain wrote:
As I see it, a woman has been cheated on, even this is misogyny enough in itself for it implies contempt from effort on his wife. Wouldn't you agree? The trite and repulsive jokes only make it worse, I think. Because, how come no one said something along the lines of "Oh, I wonder how the girl feels when she's been put in such a horrible and traumatizing situation?" but everyone is like "He's doing two eggs, I must be the new Dave Chapelle lol" or similar nonsense?
Be that as it may, I'll leave you to have your little fun with the pack because adultery and humiliating women is, apparently, a laughable matter.


how is shitting on a guy and making jokes about him for being unfaithful a misogyny. We aren't making fun of his wife. Misogyny would be blaming the incident on his wife or praising effort for it.

anyways, entire incident is some weird cheating scandal where it took place before marriage+shortly after relationship began and some streamer brought it up recently. It's pretty dumb (for effort) but I don't think anyone was making fun of his wife, just effort.
NoobSkills
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1603 Posts
June 26 2024 23:15 GMT
#35
On June 27 2024 03:45 JoinTheRain wrote:
I see tl is keeping up well with the misogyny, blizzard would be proud of us! Go on with the disgusting remarks, I guess.


Did you injure yourself? With all that excessive reaching you're doing?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27441 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-06-27 00:10:17
June 27 2024 00:01 GMT
#36
On June 27 2024 04:35 JoinTheRain wrote:
As I see it, a woman has been cheated on, even this is misogyny enough in itself for it implies contempt from effort on his wife. Wouldn't you agree? The trite and repulsive jokes only make it worse, I think. Because, how come no one said something along the lines of "Oh, I wonder how the girl feels when she's been put in such a horrible and traumatizing situation?" but everyone is like "He's doing two eggs, I must be the new Dave Chapelle lol" or similar nonsense?
Be that as it may, I'll leave you to have your little fun with the pack because adultery and humiliating women is, apparently, a laughable matter.

If nothing else some of them are really low effort

… I can only apologise

It is a bit TMZ for my tastes to be fair
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
ThunderJunk
Profile Joined December 2015
United States741 Posts
June 27 2024 00:11 GMT
#37
Look, misogyny would be saying something blaming the female in a way that applies only to females. That's the whole meaning of the word. "Well, she probably got fat" or "Hahah that dumb chick deserves it for being a chick. I wish her misfortune because she's a woman". Those are misogynistic statements (especially the 2nd one).

Misogyny isn't making harmless Starcraft jokes about cheating in general - especially if the statements could equally apply to a cheating man OR a cheating woman.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live in a world where we're not allowed to make fun of sometimes serious things like this in such a harmless and playful way. I take my hat off to the community for making me laugh and giving me a place to be myself without getting humor shamed.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
RJBTVYOUTUBE
Profile Joined December 2023
Netherlands1320 Posts
June 27 2024 09:02 GMT
#38
People are ridiculing efforr, not his wife, by making jokes about how stupid it is to try and secure a natural without protection.
JDON MY SOUL!
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1601 Posts
June 27 2024 09:18 GMT
#39
If JoinTheRain is not actually trolling and cares about actual misogyny then this thread is not the place for it.

Make another thread discussing it in dept when it applies.

This btw almost makes me want to make a thread how awful the legal institution of marriage is for men which is another topic and not very related but just pops in my head sometimes..

EffOrt losing all his mutas to snipe the 2nd medic... Sad.
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
Grouhh
Profile Joined May 2019
57 Posts
June 27 2024 12:20 GMT
#40
I agree, these jokes must stop. This is getting embarrassing.
Like when Effort sneaked his drone out of his natural to burrow it at some hidden location.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 152
NeuroSwarm 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11010
Rain 1947
Artosis 564
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift3980
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox596
Mew2King232
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1059
Other Games
summit1g9555
Day[9].tv677
shahzam607
JimRising 502
C9.Mang0228
PiGStarcraft224
ArmadaUGS62
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv677
• Scarra571
• Shiphtur187
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 37m
OSC
21h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.