• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:20
CEST 15:20
KST 22:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10711 users

Let's try sponsoring games on AfreecaTV

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
lemmata
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
468 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-15 07:38:03
February 13 2018 19:46 GMT
#1
[image loading]

I have decided to start a little project to sponsor games on AfreecaTV using Patreon. I am aiming for a modest goal of $100 a month to sponsor a single BO5 series between pros on AfreecaTV. While it normally costs less to sponsor a match, offering a higher rate will make it easier to 1) obtain replays, which will be offered as rewards, and 2) build relationships with participating players.

I am not promising much, but I think that this would be an interesting small scale project for us to try as a community.

Patreon link:
https://www.patreon.com/broodwarstuff

I understand not everyone will be interested in this. That's okay. That said, if this does interest you, click the link and look around. Maybe 10 of us can chip in $10 each and get an interesting monthly club going.

While, this is just a dream at this point, my hope is to eventually build enough of a relationship to occasionally have patron-only live Q&As with select players.

If I don't reach my goal by the end of the month, then it just wasn't meant to be.

EDIT: Apparently, I can't pledge to my own campaign. Doh!

UPDATE: The project is a go! First cast scheduled for 3/3. See new thread here.
fazek42
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Hungary438 Posts
February 13 2018 20:14 GMT
#2
Great initiative!
A.Alm
Profile Joined September 2012
Sweden560 Posts
February 13 2018 20:18 GMT
#3
nice initiative!
Ty2
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1434 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-13 20:28:26
February 13 2018 20:28 GMT
#4
--- Nuked ---
Writer
earob
Profile Joined June 2017
18 Posts
February 13 2018 20:39 GMT
#5
lemmata
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
468 Posts
February 13 2018 20:39 GMT
#6
On February 14 2018 05:28 Ty2 wrote:
Initiative. The ultralisk perks seem kind of heavy handed. Shouldn't ten dollar patrons get all the replays instead? Then the 5 dollar guys can get 1 bo5 replays.

As I stated on the page and here, the plan is to start small, so if we hit $100, then the $10 patrons will get all the replays by virtue of there being only one series funded.

The $50 tier exists kind of as a benevolent altruist position.
feaynnewedd
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany41 Posts
February 13 2018 20:42 GMT
#7
Supported with 10€. Love the idea. BW is alive!
Dinotoss hwaiting!
lemmata
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
468 Posts
February 14 2018 00:28 GMT
#8
Whoa, the passion is white hot! We're already at 30% of the goal.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
February 14 2018 00:49 GMT
#9
That banner pleases me.

There should be a reward to get it in print.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5963 Posts
February 14 2018 01:01 GMT
#10
I was actually thinking 2 days ago that it would be really nice if TL BW community would raise funds to contribute to the current ASL5 prizepool. I'm legit poor though, so I cannot justify to propose such a thing and not chip in myself.

Sorry for the off-topic, I just felt this was the best place to share it.
I'd personally like it if your proposal would also feature a one time donation option.

Perhaps the first gathered contribution could be donated to the ASL prizepool allong with donations? I assume it would raise awareness of your project?
FBH #1!
lemmata
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
468 Posts
February 14 2018 01:17 GMT
#11
On February 14 2018 10:01 Peeano wrote:
I was actually thinking 2 days ago that it would be really nice if TL BW community would raise funds to contribute to the current ASL5 prizepool. I'm legit poor though, so I cannot justify to propose such a thing and not chip in myself.

Sorry for the off-topic, I just felt this was the best place to share it.
I'd personally like it if your proposal would also feature a one time donation option.

Perhaps the first gathered contribution could be donated to the ASL prizepool allong with donations? I assume it would raise awareness of your project?

Raising money for the ASL is a nice thought for the future, but that's a very substantive undertaking. It's beyond the scope of my original goal, which is very modest. Baby steps first.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
February 14 2018 07:34 GMT
#12
Would love to cast this if given the opportunity!
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-14 07:53:29
February 14 2018 07:52 GMT
#13
On February 14 2018 10:01 Peeano wrote:
I was actually thinking 2 days ago that it would be really nice if TL BW community would raise funds to contribute to the current ASL5 prizepool. I'm legit poor though, so I cannot justify to propose such a thing and not chip in myself.

Sorry for the off-topic, I just felt this was the best place to share it.
I'd personally like it if your proposal would also feature a one time donation option.

Perhaps the first gathered contribution could be donated to the ASL prizepool allong with donations? I assume it would raise awareness of your project?


What would be cooler is soem kind of a common long term fund to make a big european lan for example. Money would go for organization, prizes, lobby, services aroud, maybe accomodation if qualifiers are run.
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-14 10:46:42
February 14 2018 10:45 GMT
#14
On February 14 2018 16:52 kogeT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2018 10:01 Peeano wrote:
I was actually thinking 2 days ago that it would be really nice if TL BW community would raise funds to contribute to the current ASL5 prizepool. I'm legit poor though, so I cannot justify to propose such a thing and not chip in myself.

Sorry for the off-topic, I just felt this was the best place to share it.
I'd personally like it if your proposal would also feature a one time donation option.

Perhaps the first gathered contribution could be donated to the ASL prizepool allong with donations? I assume it would raise awareness of your project?


What would be cooler is soem kind of a common long term fund to make a big european lan for example. Money would go for organization, prizes, lobby, services aroud, maybe accomodation if qualifiers are run.


I think so too
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
Wadong
Profile Joined August 2017
16 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-14 15:32:40
February 14 2018 15:25 GMT
#15
Almost Funded
Wadong
Profile Joined August 2017
16 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-14 15:33:13
February 14 2018 15:26 GMT
#16
Was going to fully fund but would rather other players be able to fill the remaining requirements. gogogogogo!
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
February 14 2018 16:48 GMT
#17
Just because the goal is set to $100, doesn't mean we can't go over that ^^

The more money is gathered, the more showmatches we get!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
MarcoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany146 Posts
February 14 2018 16:51 GMT
#18
On February 14 2018 16:52 kogeT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2018 10:01 Peeano wrote:
I was actually thinking 2 days ago that it would be really nice if TL BW community would raise funds to contribute to the current ASL5 prizepool. I'm legit poor though, so I cannot justify to propose such a thing and not chip in myself.

Sorry for the off-topic, I just felt this was the best place to share it.
I'd personally like it if your proposal would also feature a one time donation option.

Perhaps the first gathered contribution could be donated to the ASL prizepool allong with donations? I assume it would raise awareness of your project?


What would be cooler is soem kind of a common long term fund to make a big european lan for example. Money would go for organization, prizes, lobby, services aroud, maybe accomodation if qualifiers are run.


TBH if anything LAN type of will happen on a greater scale we should probably get in contact with Dennis 'TaKe' Gehlen who did the HSC. He has the venue, I know that there is a cheap accomodation by the train station. Maybe TL and him can work something out if we could provide some funds. But at first we would need to get in touch with him.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate, It takes guts to be gentle and kind.
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
February 14 2018 17:16 GMT
#19
Not interested in a Patreon for regular donations, I'd much rather donate in one-offs, it's more affordable that way for my financial situation.
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
February 14 2018 17:18 GMT
#20
Being a poor student I'll have to check my finances, but I think I might be able to squeeze out 10 bucks for this. Awesome initiative!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1397
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 262
MaxPax 102
Rex 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64008
Calm 3911
Shuttle 2965
Bisu 1914
FanTaSy 1543
EffOrt 427
Hyuk 415
Stork 397
firebathero 322
Mini 285
[ Show more ]
Barracks 249
Soma 237
Rush 234
Light 210
ZerO 173
Zeus 167
Soulkey 153
Last 133
Snow 133
actioN 125
Killer 72
Dewaltoss 66
Sea.KH 63
hero 58
Mong 57
Pusan 51
JYJ 50
Shinee 43
Hyun 40
Free 36
Bale 36
ToSsGirL 35
NotJumperer 35
PianO 32
Shine 26
Yoon 26
Aegong 24
Sharp 22
sorry 19
yabsab 17
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
Noble 10
zelot 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5851
Dendi730
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1386
kRYSTAL_111
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko392
Other Games
gofns40451
singsing2135
B2W.Neo566
hiko369
crisheroes282
DeMusliM239
byalli184
Livibee158
Hui .130
Mew2King99
Liquid`VortiX71
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 55m
Replay Cast
9h 40m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.