• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:00
CEST 15:00
KST 22:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8884 users

Jaedong stream thread - Page 95

Forum Index > BW General
2471 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 124 Next
Jaedong's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOp9K7CjksKsve6CkNPzUWg

Contribute to the Casual Games of the Week by posting awesome Jaedong games that you see here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/bw-tournaments/537649-the-casual-games-of-the-week-thread
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
August 08 2017 18:42 GMT
#1881
Jaedong girl stream
https://www.twitch.tv/mauzimon
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
JungleTerrain
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile799 Posts
August 08 2017 18:51 GMT
#1882
On August 09 2017 03:42 duke91 wrote:
Jaedong girl stream
https://www.twitch.tv/mauzimon


Who is that?
www.broodwarmaps.net
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-08 19:05:57
August 08 2017 18:54 GMT
#1883
On August 09 2017 03:51 JungleTerrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2017 03:42 duke91 wrote:
Jaedong girl stream
https://www.twitch.tv/mauzimon


Who is that?


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/270414-the-ultimate-jaedong-fan-lols

edit: LOL Jaedong girl is pissed at JD because after a hard day of work, and tuning into the JD stream, JD is watching some girl streamer and she got jealous
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9385 Posts
August 09 2017 17:18 GMT
#1884
DAMN!

+ Show Spoiler +
Jaedong is losing to an unknown protoss and an unknown RANODM player (((((((((
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
RedW4rr10r
Profile Joined January 2010
Switzerland749 Posts
August 09 2017 19:50 GMT
#1885
I doubt they are unknown players. Even JD is using a new id again, so maybe other pros do, too. At least I hope and he is in fact not losing to unknown players xD
Rip & Tear until it is done!
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
August 09 2017 19:56 GMT
#1886
Losing to unknown players would mean there are people who are good enough to beat ex pros, that would be exciting!
Ofc as a Jaedong fan i don't want him to lose period, but new players would be awesome.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
superjoppe
Profile Joined December 2004
Sweden3694 Posts
August 10 2017 09:34 GMT
#1887
Is JD still taking Starcraft really seriously? He was always the only one that could consistently beat Flash. Unfortunately, now I only see social eating when I watch him on YouTube
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
August 10 2017 09:48 GMT
#1888
Looks like he is not. Afreeca sure can change people.
Ty2
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1434 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-10 09:53:51
August 10 2017 09:51 GMT
#1889
--- Nuked ---
Writer
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
August 10 2017 10:29 GMT
#1890
On August 10 2017 18:34 superjoppe wrote:
Is JD still taking Starcraft really seriously? He was always the only one that could consistently beat Flash. Unfortunately, now I only see social eating when I watch him on YouTube

I think hes taking it seriously. Think hes just taking a break because there isn't a league right now and also because he had hand/wrist problems before.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-10 10:48:55
August 10 2017 10:44 GMT
#1891
On August 10 2017 18:51 Ty2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2017 18:34 superjoppe wrote:
Is JD still taking Starcraft really seriously? He was always the only one that could consistently beat Flash. Unfortunately, now I only see social eating when I watch him on YouTube

Do you mean his livestream on Youtube? I like this fried chicken thing, fantastic. I love JD. I'd say his inability to beat Flash consistently is not a sign of his lack of seriousness. Flash is just the better player and JD couldn't consistently beat Flash during major tournaments around 2009. That didn't mean JD wasn't serious though. I think he's enjoying himself streaming, he spent a lot of time in sc2 and sc1 not really uniting with his fans. I think his Afreeca stream is a great opportunity to communicate to his fans on a close level. He's just enjoying himself, and who could blame him after all of these years of work. I want to massage his shoulders and make him hot soups to nourish his weary soul. He's also in a less serious training environment, being a live-at-home BJ. I get your disappointment though, people always want players who were once such dominant players to regain their former glory. As much as I don't want to say what I'm about to say, I think JD's time has passed, but who knows, we'll see. This post got out of hand. The point is, JD's still the man.

Edit: This chicken is fantastic, seriously.

link for those interested: www.youtube.com


I think I can say with a straight face that there isn't a single professional gamer on earth who can say that they practiced their game with the intensity Jaedong once committed to his craft. Anybody can boast about how they practiced non-stop 16 hours a day, but after hearing some of the tales of Jaedong's work ethic during practice, I don't think there has ever been a player who devoted such energy and effort in each and every practice game.

Jaedong was never the most talented, but if I were to rank all the Brood War players in terms of their dedication and work ethic, with the limited information I have, I'll always put Jaedong ahead of any other player in history. I have yet to hear tales from the past that informs me otherwise.

There are a lot of factors preventing Jaedong from devoting himself to the game like he once did. He is no longer a professional Brood War player, but a streamer, and there no longer is any infrastructure to properly support the practice regime that created the greatest zerg of all time. Further more, Jaedong has injuries that cause him severe pain whenever he practices hardcore. Most importantly, his mindset has changed, and wants some balance in his life now that he is freed from the enormous burden he once had as a professional. It would be wrong of us to force Jaedong to sacrifice his personal health and happiness for eternity until we were satisfied.

This would all be a non-issue if Jaedong was a player who did not depend heavily on being mechanically drastically superior to the other player. However, with the current set of circumstances, Jaedong is a legend who has all his greatest assets as a Brood War player taken away from him. It's hard for me, and other fans, to accept the fact that Jaedong is beginning a new chapter in his life, but the disconnect between what I have seen for years, and the current set of cirumstances, is rather hard to overcome.

It'll take time for Jaedong to discover a new way to become truly devastating once again, without relying on his old tricks. Perhaps it'll never happen. Perhaps it might, and it would be the most glorious re-invention of an all-time great in recent memory. All we can do is wait, and be supportive, if we honestly believe ourselves to be a true Jaedong fan.
TL+ Member
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9385 Posts
August 10 2017 19:18 GMT
#1892
JD vs Sea

+ Show Spoiler +
Jd 0 - Sea 3

I will get drunk !!!
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-10 19:29:03
August 10 2017 19:27 GMT
#1893
On August 10 2017 18:51 Ty2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2017 18:34 superjoppe wrote:
Is JD still taking Starcraft really seriously? He was always the only one that could consistently beat Flash. Unfortunately, now I only see social eating when I watch him on YouTube

Do you mean his livestream on Youtube? I like this fried chicken thing, fantastic. I love JD. I'd say his inability to beat Flash consistently is not a sign of his lack of seriousness. Flash is just the better player and JD couldn't consistently beat Flash during major tournaments around 2009. That didn't mean JD wasn't serious though. I think he's enjoying himself streaming, he spent a lot of time in sc2 and sc1 not really uniting with his fans. I think his Afreeca stream is a great opportunity to communicate to his fans on a close level. He's just enjoying himself, and who could blame him after all of these years of work. I want to massage his shoulders and make him hot soups to nourish his weary soul. He's also in a less serious training environment, being a live-at-home BJ. I get your disappointment though, people always want players who were once such dominant players to regain their former glory. As much as I don't want to say what I'm about to say, I think JD's time has passed, but who knows, we'll see. This post got out of hand. The point is, JD's still the man.

Edit: This chicken is fantastic, seriously.

link for those interested: www.youtube.com


I would say Jaedong was taking a lot of games, even on unfavorable maps versus Flash back then. In total their win/loss record against each other is like 24-23, Flash with 24.

I wouldn't worry about his practice games losing anyway right now. He seems to play better in serious matches it seems anyway. I remember in the ASL in january (I believe?) I thought Flash would 3-0 Jaedong easy and Jaedong surprised by taking 2 games. Wouldn't count him out just yet.
When I think of something else, something will go here
traxamillion
Profile Joined August 2016
104 Posts
August 10 2017 19:48 GMT
#1894
He had a sick month a month or 2 ago; beating everyone and ranked around 2-3 above effort and larva. He's been slacking lately though. Mech is brutal. Less APM demanding and so efficient versus what Zerg Do. Zerg has to play significantly better than the Terran to win the match up. So brutal that CCs can just lift off versus everything zerg has late game. Even if zerg breaks the Terran late if the can't finish T recovers so fast. One reason I'm loving Efforts double spire upgraded muta switch after banking mad gas very lategame. Only thing other than Queens that get it done.
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
August 10 2017 19:55 GMT
#1895
On August 11 2017 04:48 traxamillion wrote:
He had a sick month a month or 2 ago; beating everyone and ranked around 2-3 above effort and larva. He's been slacking lately though. Mech is brutal. Less APM demanding and so efficient versus what Zerg Do. Zerg has to play significantly better than the Terran to win the match up. So brutal that CCs can just lift off versus everything zerg has late game. Even if zerg breaks the Terran late if the can't finish T recovers so fast. One reason I'm loving Efforts double spire upgraded muta switch after banking mad gas very lategame. Only thing other than Queens that get it done.


Lets not blame a single strategy for JD's lack of performance, because it has nothing to do with it. Effort and Larva figured it out and are able to beat it. JD decided to spend more time with his fans on stream so he is simply playing worse, and we should deal with it.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Ty2
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1434 Posts
August 10 2017 20:33 GMT
#1896
--- Nuked ---
Writer
traxamillion
Profile Joined August 2016
104 Posts
August 10 2017 20:52 GMT
#1897
Larva and effort lose to mech all the time. Not like they solved it. If they play great games they do win sometimes late game though, as does JD. I'm not blaming one stratEgypt I'm just pointing out how difficult it makes it and explains a large part of an 0-3 loss to Sea
traxamillion
Profile Joined August 2016
104 Posts
August 10 2017 20:55 GMT
#1898
I watched the first game vs sea and JD actually had an excellent early game and was ahead and also played well late. Eventually his ultras weren't trading efficiently vs tanks on cliffs etc. And he fell behind and lost. He could have played better and won bit my point is he wasn't really outplayed in this game. Mechanically and strategically it was much easier for sea to get the W on FS
KaNaTTu
Profile Joined August 2017
Finland20 Posts
August 13 2017 09:28 GMT
#1899
Jd-Flash

+ Show Spoiler +
2-0 WOHOO my boy!!!!

Jaedong fighting!
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
August 13 2017 12:02 GMT
#1900
jd is hilarious. during the stream he said, "fuck it, no more commentating. I am going to go fucking crazy if I have to commentate any longer. No more today, I will do it tomorrow. Thank god, oh god that feels so much better."

Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 124 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1402
WardiTV650
OGKoka 287
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko406
OGKoka 287
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8847
Bisu 3870
FanTaSy 3341
Jaedong 1895
Shuttle 1875
EffOrt 1302
Horang2 702
BeSt 670
actioN 486
Larva 361
[ Show more ]
Mini 244
Dewaltoss 126
Zeus 121
Stork 99
Mind 98
soO 78
Snow 70
Barracks 69
Sea.KH 61
Mong 45
hero 44
ToSsGirL 43
Yoon 35
Sexy 34
sorry 34
Killer 31
Bale 27
JYJ 26
910 22
Shinee 22
Free 20
Aegong 19
zelot 17
Shine 16
HiyA 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 10
Noble 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4194
qojqva1364
Dendi906
XaKoH 536
febbydoto23
Counter-Strike
x6flipin248
Other Games
singsing2713
olofmeister1305
hiko779
Livibee697
B2W.Neo638
crisheroes345
XBOCT244
Pyrionflax214
dupreeh73
Liquid`VortiX43
QueenE26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick618
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2052
• Nemesis1254
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h
Replay Cast
10h
Afreeca Starleague
21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.