• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:24
CEST 15:24
KST 22:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10453 users

BW General Discussion - Page 156

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 154 155 156 157 158 522 Next
zombieelephants
Profile Joined October 2014
United States43 Posts
October 06 2016 17:31 GMT
#3101
I got 40/47, it's kind of amazing I beat some people since I hardly played sc1 & brood war and I never followed the scene. :3
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
October 06 2016 18:09 GMT
#3102
SCORE
30/47
this test is fucking unfair, I tyoe so slow and besides I am runk like fuck
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
October 06 2016 23:19 GMT
#3103
Hey guys, my interest in BW kinda died off after the Kespa switch to SC2 years ago. I just watched all of the ASL and was wondering if there are any tourneys, preferably with English commentary, that you could recommend? I'd like to watch from Ro16 or Ro8.
BW4Life!
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
October 06 2016 23:34 GMT
#3104
On October 07 2016 08:19 Wohmfg wrote:
Hey guys, my interest in BW kinda died off after the Kespa switch to SC2 years ago. I just watched all of the ASL and was wondering if there are any tourneys, preferably with English commentary, that you could recommend? I'd like to watch from Ro16 or Ro8.

I'd check out the VANT Starleague, which was the ASL's predecessor. Then I'd go watch the Kongdoo Starleague, which was the VANT Starleague's predcessors. Then I'd watch Seasons 8,9, 10 of the SonicTV Starleague. The last 2 being really exciting since they were aired on OGN.

All of these were casted by Amazingxkcd & Bisudagger or Sayle or Flashftw.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
October 06 2016 23:40 GMT
#3105
On October 07 2016 08:34 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2016 08:19 Wohmfg wrote:
Hey guys, my interest in BW kinda died off after the Kespa switch to SC2 years ago. I just watched all of the ASL and was wondering if there are any tourneys, preferably with English commentary, that you could recommend? I'd like to watch from Ro16 or Ro8.

I'd check out the VANT Starleague, which was the ASL's predecessor. Then I'd go watch the Kongdoo Starleague, which was the VANT Starleague's predcessors. Then I'd watch Seasons 8,9, 10 of the SonicTV Starleague. The last 2 being really exciting since they were aired on OGN.

All of these were casted by Amazingxkcd & Bisudagger or Sayle or Flashftw.


Great, thanks! I always used to watch Sayle's broadcasts, mostly cause he was entertaining but also because he was the only one casting in english a lot of the time. Who is the most analytical and well informed english caster?
BW4Life!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-06 23:51:23
October 06 2016 23:44 GMT
#3106
On October 07 2016 08:40 Wohmfg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2016 08:34 lestye wrote:
On October 07 2016 08:19 Wohmfg wrote:
Hey guys, my interest in BW kinda died off after the Kespa switch to SC2 years ago. I just watched all of the ASL and was wondering if there are any tourneys, preferably with English commentary, that you could recommend? I'd like to watch from Ro16 or Ro8.

I'd check out the VANT Starleague, which was the ASL's predecessor. Then I'd go watch the Kongdoo Starleague, which was the VANT Starleague's predcessors. Then I'd watch Seasons 8,9, 10 of the SonicTV Starleague. The last 2 being really exciting since they were aired on OGN.

All of these were casted by Amazingxkcd & Bisudagger or Sayle or Flashftw.


Great, thanks! I always used to watch Sayle's broadcasts, mostly cause he was entertaining but also because he was the only one casting in english a lot of the time. Who is the most analytical and well informed english caster?

I would add SSL 11 to that list and also, check out TLC and TLS. Though it was a foreigner-oriented tournament, there were lots of entertaining games:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/11th_SonicTV_Starleague
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Legacy_Cup_1
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/bw-tournaments/402419-small-vod-thread-20?page=43#860
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
October 06 2016 23:54 GMT
#3107
On October 07 2016 08:19 Wohmfg wrote:
Hey guys, my interest in BW kinda died off after the Kespa switch to SC2 years ago. I just watched all of the ASL and was wondering if there are any tourneys, preferably with English commentary, that you could recommend? I'd like to watch from Ro16 or Ro8.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/511343-bisudagger-and-friends-caster-thread

Here are my recent casts. I'd be casting tonight if there wasnt a hurricane coming through.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5963 Posts
October 08 2016 20:17 GMT
#3108
[image loading]

Foreigner BW going stronK
FBH #1!
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
October 08 2016 22:46 GMT
#3109
280 viewers for scan alone at one point.
new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11825 Posts
October 09 2016 05:01 GMT
#3110
43/47 on the quiz. Can't believe I forgot dropship, obs and infested terran lol. But "zerg egg"? I tried egg and figured it's not registered -_-

Dayum @ above
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-09 08:24:53
October 09 2016 08:18 GMT
#3111
There's no way I could see myself getting anything other than a perfect with the unit test. I'm surprised at the responses. The people who scored perfect probably wouldn't post about it though. Most everyone in here is probably better at BW than me which oddly enough; has something to do with it. This doesn't work on Android. I'll give it a go when I get on a computer.

EDIT: Does the test take in account Infested Kerrigan and/or Terran Civilian, or strictly melee units?
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
October 09 2016 15:02 GMT
#3112
On October 09 2016 17:18 Saturnize wrote:
There's no way I could see myself getting anything other than a perfect with the unit test. I'm surprised at the responses. The people who scored perfect probably wouldn't post about it though. Most everyone in here is probably better at BW than me which oddly enough; has something to do with it. This doesn't work on Android. I'll give it a go when I get on a computer.

EDIT: Does the test take in account Infested Kerrigan and/or Terran Civilian, or strictly melee units?

Only melee units, no heroes
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10394 Posts
October 09 2016 15:19 GMT
#3113
On October 09 2016 17:18 Saturnize wrote:
There's no way I could see myself getting anything other than a perfect with the unit test. I'm surprised at the responses. The people who scored perfect probably wouldn't post about it though. Most everyone in here is probably better at BW than me which oddly enough; has something to do with it. This doesn't work on Android. I'll give it a go when I get on a computer.

EDIT: Does the test take in account Infested Kerrigan and/or Terran Civilian, or strictly melee units?

You're already more prepared for it than the average person because you got to prepare/read about the test So yes, if you got anything less than 100%, you should be ashamed.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Lazix
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia378 Posts
October 10 2016 06:23 GMT
#3114
Quick question: At the start of tvp why don't goons try to bypass the bunker getting repaired and go straight up the ramp? From what I can tell (only started watching again) it seems doable, but I guess it's not as easy as it seems or I'm missing something?
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10394 Posts
October 10 2016 06:40 GMT
#3115
On October 10 2016 15:23 Lazix wrote:
Quick question: At the start of tvp why don't goons try to bypass the bunker getting repaired and go straight up the ramp? From what I can tell (only started watching again) it seems doable, but I guess it's not as easy as it seems or I'm missing something?

Because if the Terran pulls his SCVs and blocks the ramp, the Dragoons are guaranteed to get stuck and die to the Bunker without doing much damage, meaning Terran's next push will be that much stronger in comparison to your army and you have effectively given up map control.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Highgamer
Profile Joined October 2015
1473 Posts
October 10 2016 07:11 GMT
#3116
You see it quite a bit on lower levels where the Terrans have problems concentrating/multitasking when doing the 1rax expo. On higher level it's almost a given that they'll pull SCVs in time.
RoomOfMush
Profile Joined March 2015
1296 Posts
October 10 2016 07:17 GMT
#3117
On October 10 2016 15:23 Lazix wrote:
Quick question: At the start of tvp why don't goons try to bypass the bunker getting repaired and go straight up the ramp? From what I can tell (only started watching again) it seems doable, but I guess it's not as easy as it seems or I'm missing something?

And even if you get up the ramp, what then? SCV's are pretty good at killing dragoons. Dragoons need 6 shots to kill a single SCV and they shoot relatively slowly. Its not going to be cost effective for the protoss. Just keep attacking the Bunker and make Terran waste mining time and minerals on repair.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 10 2016 07:47 GMT
#3118
On October 10 2016 15:23 Lazix wrote:
Quick question: At the start of tvp why don't goons try to bypass the bunker getting repaired and go straight up the ramp? From what I can tell (only started watching again) it seems doable, but I guess it's not as easy as it seems or I'm missing something?

I've had some of my protoss opponents try that. If I'm watching the bunker carefully (I usually am 99% of the time), I pull SCVs asap to prevent them from doing so and in turn, I can net several goon kills. In the cases where I don't manage to do it on time, they still take some damage from my marines but it's a hassle to deal with if the protoss micros them well. To answer your question, it's risky and pros are really good at pulling workers on time (compared to lower level players).
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Lazix
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia378 Posts
October 10 2016 07:58 GMT
#3119
Thanks for the answers - that explains it.
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
October 10 2016 08:03 GMT
#3120
You also don't want to go there with few goons, and by the time you have 4+ the tank will be there.
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
Prev 1 154 155 156 157 158 522 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1389
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 277
MaxPax 118
Rex 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64699
Calm 3787
Shuttle 3048
Bisu 1881
FanTaSy 1652
EffOrt 420
Stork 349
firebathero 309
Hyuk 284
Mini 275
[ Show more ]
Soma 264
Rush 243
Light 194
ZerO 164
Soulkey 146
Snow 146
Zeus 141
actioN 130
Last 130
Barracks 113
Killer 69
Dewaltoss 64
Mong 61
hero 56
Pusan 48
Shinee 41
Hyun 41
Free 35
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 33
NotJumperer 33
Shine 26
Sharp 26
PianO 24
Aegong 21
yabsab 17
sorry 16
Sacsri 12
zelot 12
HiyA 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5851
Dendi730
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1419
kRYSTAL_98
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko434
Other Games
gofns40451
singsing2135
B2W.Neo615
hiko369
crisheroes289
DeMusliM232
byalli195
Livibee161
Hui .136
Mew2King92
Liquid`VortiX68
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 51m
Replay Cast
9h 36m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.