• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:09
CEST 12:09
KST 19:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7756 users

[Winner's Interview] SSL Group Ro16 - Group D

Forum Index > BW General
21 CommentsPost a Reply
Normal
Kimoleon
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States210 Posts
April 21 2013 07:41 GMT
#1
[image loading]Banner by Hyde-nim


20130420 SSL Ro16 - Group D

Source - Daily eSports
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=75814 - Moved on through Winner's Match
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=75823 - Moved on through Final Match

[Written by Daily eSports Nam Yoon Sung journalist thenam@dailyesports.com]
*Together in the eSports world with SK Telecom (www.sktelecom.com)

+ Show Spoiler [Winner's Match Interview] +

[Itembay] Choi Ho Sun ((T)sSak), 'Jamsil gymnasium is a place I have bad memories from."

[image loading]


Former SK Telecom T1 player, Choi Ho Sun ((T)sSak) took 1st place in Sonic's 8th Sonic Starleague in Group D and entered the Round of 8. With matches against other former progamers like Kim Ki Hoon ((P)Lazy) and Yoon Chan Hee ((T)Mong), Ssak says "I definitely want to reach the finals". For Ssak who has memories of losing a match at Jamsil Gymnasium, he mentions "The place where I held deep resentment within my progaming days, I want to release it all."


Q. How do you feel entering the Round of 8?
Ssak - I was worried because it was a tough group. I expected to move on through the Final Match, but I did better than my predictions.

Q. In your first Sonic Starleague sponsored by Itembay, you're doing very well.
Ssak - Since I practice at home, it was easier to get used to SC1 again.

Q. In your first match you played against Protoss. It seems your skills have increased more since your progaming days.
Ssak - After blocking his Reaver play I was calm, but I felt that Lazy believed that he was in a favorable position and became nervous at that thought. Because of my opponent's nervous play I won easily. In the past our team's Protosses were so strong that I didn't like to practice against them, but after practicing on the ladder for a long time it feels like playing against Protoss became easier.

Q. Your matches against Mong weren't easy.
Ssak - I didn't think I would lose. Even when the dropships came in the 3rd set, I was confident.

Q. In the 1st and 2nd game you were behind in build order but you caught up.
Ssak - I played against this yesterday luckily so I could block it. I could win because I practiced with former MBC progamer Kong Min Chan (Kkong).

Q. What do you think is the reason you lost in the 2nd set?
Ssak - My opponent prepared a better game plan on 'Fighting Spirit', that's all I can say.

Q. You chose a strategy with Wraiths in the 3rd set.
Ssak - Thinking I had the game won, I decided to make Wraiths as a ceremony. After Mong blocked my attack, I was a bit surprised though.

Q. The players that moved on are all tough. Is there any player you want to meet or avoid?
Ssak - Since I moved on as 1st in the group, I know I will meet one of the 2nd places. (But it was randomly picked by Kim Carrier live hehe) If I had to choose one, I want to play against Seomoon Jihoon ((Z)ZeLoT). If I just block ZeLoT's all-ins, I think I will have comfortable games.

Q. The Finals locations has been decided to be held at Jamsil Students Gymnasium.
Ssak - We had a Proleague finals at that place. When I played I lost a game where I had the advantage. I want to enter the finals and show a good performance.

Q. Any last words.
Ssak - Recently my girlfriend is under a lot of stress. I want to say that I'm supporting her all the way. I love you.


+ Show Spoiler [Final Match Interview] +

[Itembay] Goo Sung Hoon ((T)HiyA), "I'm definitely reaching the finals."

[image loading]


As a former progamer and playing with the best of them, Goo Sung Hoon ((T)HiyA) after some difficulty he rode the last train into the Round of 8 in the Itembay 8th Sonic Starleague. After losing the 1st set against Yoon Chan Hee ((T)Mong), Hiya defeated Kim Ki Hoon ((P)Lazy) and Mong and entered the Round of 8. Amongst the cream of the crop that has risen up to the Round of 8, Hiya will play against Protoss Park Soo Bum ((P)Tyson). Saying confidently that he will beat anyone and enter the finals, we interviewed Hiya.


Q. You reached the Round of 8 with some difficulty.
Hiya - Even in the Round of 32 I lost my first match and went on shakily to enter the Round of 16. It was the same this time around.

Q. You lost to Mong in the 1st set. Did you figure out his play style?
Hiya - I played too conservatively. I know that Mong is a player that plays safe so I thought I would follow suit, but at that moment I got caught off guard by his rhythm.

Q. Against Lazy you showed us a perfect game planning.
Hiya - I felt that Lazy was very nervous. Lazy is also another player that prefers to play safe. When a Protoss uses a passive style it is easier to play against it. Additionally for him to be nervous, I thought anything that I could do would work.

Q. In your Final Match 1st set against Mong, his 2 Starport Wraiths did a toll on you. Your facial expression didn't look pleased.
Hiya - I crossed off 2 Starport Wraiths off of the list and when 2 Wraiths suddenly came to attack me I was surprised. After seeing the Tank reinforcement I thought that there won't be any more Wraiths on the way so I knew I still had a chance to win.

Q. It feels like you found your stride in the 2nd set.
Hiya - It was resolved in the Loser's Match or the 1st set in the Final Match. In 'Fighting Spirit' I believe I can win with anything.

Q. The Round of 8 match ups are magnificent. You're matched up with Tyson in the Round of 8.
Hiya - In this tournament I have to reach the finals. I feel confident in the Terran vs Protoss. If I practice hard it is definitely possible.

Q. What do you think about your Round of 8 opponent Tyson?
Hiya - Tyson plays a certain style that makes you underestimate him. Whenever you think 'Why is he so bad?' and then suddenly he attacks with full force. If I cover that area I can defeat him.

Q. Any last words.
Hiya - I had a poor record last season. This season I will try my hardest and enter the finals.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
#nanashin #once | No Sana No Life | BW Forever ~
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
April 21 2013 07:54 GMT
#2
"Whenever you think 'Why is he so bad?' and then suddenly he attacks with full force"
I can't help but wonder if it's a compliment or not ^^

thx for interview
In the woods, there lurks..
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
April 21 2013 08:13 GMT
#3
On April 21 2013 16:54 Iplaythings wrote:
"Whenever you think 'Why is he so bad?' and then suddenly he attacks with full force"
I can't help but wonder if it's a compliment or not ^^

thx for interview

A bit of both I think, that kind of answer is so Hiya though haha.

Ssak is smart, has a girlfriend but didn't bring her along like Mong, therefore he advanced. If he makes it to the finals and loses, that gym will forever haunt him lol.

Interviews were nice and interesting, thanks for translating.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Rlentless
Profile Joined January 2011
Hong Kong322 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 08:21:49
April 21 2013 08:17 GMT
#4
I hope Hiya is prepared for carriers in every set.

Thanks for translating! :3
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
April 21 2013 08:25 GMT
#5
Hiya's comment about Tyson is perfect.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9558 Posts
April 21 2013 09:21 GMT
#6
Hiyaaaa!

really hope he gets to the finals this SSL
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
April 21 2013 09:26 GMT
#7
Thanks for the translation

Hope HiyA can reach the finals
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
JtoK
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany232 Posts
April 21 2013 12:04 GMT
#8
I hope HiYa wins the finals!
structuralinertia
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia1426 Posts
April 21 2013 14:00 GMT
#9
Finally we have some terrans through, and strong ones at that

Hiya hwaiting!
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 21 2013 14:26 GMT
#10
This league is (getting) so legit!! I'm so happy about this SSL and hope it goes on forever.

And of course, all of the event matches during the week are super entertaining as well.

Good stuff Sonic!
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 21 2013 14:27 GMT
#11
On April 21 2013 17:25 Sayle wrote:
Hiya's comment about Tyson is perfect.


Haha yea, every time I watch Tyson play, I think, wow he's going to get raped so badly, why isn't he gging yet? Then five minutes later, he wins...

Latest example was today when he played against horang2...
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7081 Posts
April 21 2013 14:28 GMT
#12
On April 21 2013 23:27 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2013 17:25 Sayle wrote:
Hiya's comment about Tyson is perfect.


Haha yea, every time I watch Tyson play, I think, wow he's going to get raped so badly, why isn't he gging yet? Then five minutes later, he wins...

Latest example was today when he played against horang2...

horang2 ? O_O
suicideyear
Profile Joined December 2012
Ivory Coast3016 Posts
April 21 2013 15:29 GMT
#13
HiyA so based.
On April 21 2013 23:28 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2013 23:27 Cambium wrote:
On April 21 2013 17:25 Sayle wrote:
Hiya's comment about Tyson is perfect.


Haha yea, every time I watch Tyson play, I think, wow he's going to get raped so badly, why isn't he gging yet? Then five minutes later, he wins...

Latest example was today when he played against horang2...

horang2 ? O_O


he's still doing that thing where he's winning and then he gets all horang2 and throws the game.

)))____◎◎◎◎█████
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
April 21 2013 18:50 GMT
#14
It is so friggin glorious to see interviews like this agian.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
chaosTheory_14cc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1270 Posts
April 21 2013 19:42 GMT
#15
"Why is he so bad?" lol Hiya

Thanks for translating!
pawelek
Profile Joined December 2012
Zimbabwe23 Posts
April 21 2013 20:37 GMT
#16
HiyA for life!
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
April 21 2013 21:01 GMT
#17
LOL HIYA!
▲ ▲ ▲
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
April 21 2013 22:07 GMT
#18
Thanks! Great to see Terrans advancing! :D
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
April 21 2013 22:23 GMT
#19
On April 21 2013 16:54 Iplaythings wrote:
"Whenever you think 'Why is he so bad?' and then suddenly he attacks with full force"


Dat Tyson bust
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
April 21 2013 23:32 GMT
#20
thanks for translation also lol at hiyas comment on tyson
ace hwaiting!!
Hoender
Profile Joined March 2011
South Africa382 Posts
April 26 2013 09:38 GMT
#21
sSak: please defeat Larva in the Quarterfinals - I'm so scared of a Killer vs Larva ZvZ Finals again.
Die ou swepe sê: "daar's 'n raat vir elke kwaal," maar watse pil kou jy as die donker jou kom haal?
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
April 26 2013 09:43 GMT
#22
I can't wait for the Ro8 -.-
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 7218
StarCastTV_EN109
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3962
Jaedong 1351
EffOrt 1088
actioN 1064
Soma 482
Horang2 461
BeSt 443
Killer 336
Pusan 244
ZerO 166
[ Show more ]
Stork 159
Zeus 102
soO 93
Rush 78
HiyA 66
Shinee 36
Bale 29
Mong 27
Sharp 26
NaDa 20
sorry 19
Sexy 14
Terrorterran 14
ToSsGirL 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc2559
XaKoH 326
Counter-Strike
edward57
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes924
WinterStarcraft816
Other Games
gofns40099
singsing1295
olofmeister1263
ceh9576
Livibee200
Pyrionflax144
ArmadaUGS49
byalli0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick569
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream413
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH355
• StrangeGG 45
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2318
League of Legends
• Jankos1469
• Rush1359
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.