• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:06
CEST 21:06
KST 04:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9395 users

[Winners Interview] OSL Ro16 - Day 2 - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
May 18 2012 08:12 GMT
#21
Weird. The interview was done after the recent SCII patch, was it not?
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4388 Posts
May 18 2012 08:48 GMT
#22
What I gather from these:

Flash and Fantasy - so my practice was going bad and I was worried but as soon as I got to the real games they went fine

When you're good, you are good period. Even thou the games werent spectacular this click that lets them perform when shit gets real is probably one of the things that makes them so good.

Thanks for the translation, it was a nice read
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
May 18 2012 09:09 GMT
#23
"Right now this situation we are practicing both SC1 and SC2, I expect Progamers are receiving lots of stress. As the situation goes on, instead of leaving negative comments I hope people can cheer for them."

THIS please <3

fighting!
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
May 18 2012 09:22 GMT
#24
On May 18 2012 15:10 Scarecrow wrote:
Looks like Kwark was wrong, action was dead and they both knew it.

Obviously Action felt he was dead, that was evident from the fact he GGed, we already know that. The fact that Flash felt he had it won and was just waiting for his opponent to GG doesn't mean anything either, this is Flash, I expect he always feels that way.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
May 18 2012 10:20 GMT
#25
I'm quite curious on what troubles bw zergs have with the sc2 zerg.
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
May 18 2012 10:24 GMT
#26
haha
But my bonus pool has lots of points stacked in it, so when I will get more points so I feel good (laugh).
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
minilance
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada500 Posts
May 18 2012 10:43 GMT
#27
Q. How is your practicing SC2 going?
Fantasy – For some time I did only SC1, now it’s time to practice SC2. But my bonus pool has lots of points stacked in it, so when I will get more points so I feel good (laugh).

made me laugh so much
Bisu, Jangbang <3
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
May 18 2012 10:48 GMT
#28
On May 18 2012 17:12 Aunvilgod wrote:
Weird. The interview was done after the recent SCII patch, was it not?

Yes it was.
Kittan
Profile Joined April 2012
Poland3999 Posts
May 18 2012 10:48 GMT
#29
Read the title for Fantasy's interview -> Think "Like a baws" -> See his picture and read the caption

I hope he gives his all for the OSL, it'd be nice if we can get both the last Proleague and (last?) Starleague.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=81288 <--- How I fell in love with a man, a team, a game and a website in a single day... | "There are no false gods, there is only the Emperor, and Choi Yun Sung is his prophet." -> Zona 40k
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-18 11:09:12
May 18 2012 11:06 GMT
#30
On May 18 2012 19:48 Eee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2012 17:12 Aunvilgod wrote:
Weird. The interview was done after the recent SCII patch, was it not?

Yes it was.

Soo probally just wants all the buffs he can get, I don't blame him :p

On May 18 2012 18:22 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2012 15:10 Scarecrow wrote:
Looks like Kwark was wrong, action was dead and they both knew it.

Obviously Action felt he was dead, that was evident from the fact he GGed, we already know that. The fact that Flash felt he had it won and was just waiting for his opponent to GG doesn't mean anything either, this is Flash, I expect he always feels that way.

... you really do insist on thinking that you know more about the game than Flash?
I'm speechless, really.
In the woods, there lurks..
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
May 18 2012 11:07 GMT
#31
On May 18 2012 17:48 KobraKay wrote:
What I gather from these:

Flash and Fantasy - so my practice was going bad and I was worried but as soon as I got to the real games they went fine

When you're good, you are good period. Even thou the games werent spectacular this click that lets them perform when shit gets real is probably one of the things that makes them so good.

Thanks for the translation, it was a nice read


Can't fault the players for feeling their standards are slipping.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
May 18 2012 11:11 GMT
#32
On May 18 2012 18:22 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2012 15:10 Scarecrow wrote:
Looks like Kwark was wrong, action was dead and they both knew it.

Obviously Action felt he was dead, that was evident from the fact he GGed, we already know that. The fact that Flash felt he had it won and was just waiting for his opponent to GG doesn't mean anything either, this is Flash, I expect he always feels that way.

I expect Flash to have good game sense. If you want to argue that Action could have won the lategame, I'll agree, but at that point the game was over, and Action being 80 supplies behind against a mech army is certainly not Action winning...
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
revy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1524 Posts
May 18 2012 11:14 GMT
#33
On May 18 2012 20:06 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2012 19:48 Eee wrote:
On May 18 2012 17:12 Aunvilgod wrote:
Weird. The interview was done after the recent SCII patch, was it not?

Yes it was.

Soo probally just wants all the buffs he can get, I don't blame him :p

Show nested quote +
On May 18 2012 18:22 KwarK wrote:
On May 18 2012 15:10 Scarecrow wrote:
Looks like Kwark was wrong, action was dead and they both knew it.

Obviously Action felt he was dead, that was evident from the fact he GGed, we already know that. The fact that Flash felt he had it won and was just waiting for his opponent to GG doesn't mean anything either, this is Flash, I expect he always feels that way.

... you really do insist on thinking that you know more about the game than Flash?
I'm speechless, really.

Be fair to Kwark, Flash could only see his units same with Action. Kwark could see both sides. Now, seeing as it's Flash I would say that even though he only saw his units I would take his opinion and Kwark's at the same value.

To me it was clear that Flash was going to grind Action into pieces, but don't hate on Kwark because he saw it differently.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
May 18 2012 11:26 GMT
#34
On May 18 2012 20:14 revy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2012 20:06 Iplaythings wrote:
On May 18 2012 19:48 Eee wrote:
On May 18 2012 17:12 Aunvilgod wrote:
Weird. The interview was done after the recent SCII patch, was it not?

Yes it was.

Soo probally just wants all the buffs he can get, I don't blame him :p

On May 18 2012 18:22 KwarK wrote:
On May 18 2012 15:10 Scarecrow wrote:
Looks like Kwark was wrong, action was dead and they both knew it.

Obviously Action felt he was dead, that was evident from the fact he GGed, we already know that. The fact that Flash felt he had it won and was just waiting for his opponent to GG doesn't mean anything either, this is Flash, I expect he always feels that way.

... you really do insist on thinking that you know more about the game than Flash?
I'm speechless, really.

Be fair to Kwark, Flash could only see his units same with Action. Kwark could see both sides. Now, seeing as it's Flash I would say that even though he only saw his units I would take his opinion and Kwark's at the same value.

To me it was clear that Flash was going to grind Action into pieces, but don't hate on Kwark because he saw it differently.

I'm simply speechless that you would argue that a lategame zerg on 3 gasses can beat a split map terran whos a base up on you, like, that's not how it works.
Hell, the commentators even sounded like they expected it and I couldn't see any way for action to coming back from that, coming back from that would've been a comeback on par with fantasy vs jangbi on pathfinder, difference is that it's tonse easier coming back from early game deficits than late game deficits as there's not enough room for the comeback.
In the woods, there lurks..
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4388 Posts
May 18 2012 11:37 GMT
#35
On May 18 2012 20:07 Ciryandor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2012 17:48 KobraKay wrote:
What I gather from these:

Flash and Fantasy - so my practice was going bad and I was worried but as soon as I got to the real games they went fine

When you're good, you are good period. Even thou the games werent spectacular this click that lets them perform when shit gets real is probably one of the things that makes them so good.

Thanks for the translation, it was a nice read


Can't fault the players for feeling their standards are slipping.

I didn't fault them for anything :s....I don't understand how your post replies to mine unless you take one of the sentences out of contest and assume I was faulting them.

It was kind of the exact opposite of faulting them. And it had nothing to do with standards but rather with raw skill and talent that lets them get up a level when things matter (even if the level is now lower due to poor surrounding conditions) that not every other progammer is able to do.
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
May 18 2012 11:38 GMT
#36
THanks for the interviews. They must be all mentally burned out because of the SC2/SC:BW practice regime
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-18 19:11:36
May 18 2012 19:07 GMT
#37
Thanks for translating.

So Fantasy did practice a good amount of BW. My hero!

Shine also claims that he and other Khan players will try to keep up their standard of play - that's good.

Lolwut - Fantasy told soo to take Stork?
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
revy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1524 Posts
May 18 2012 20:20 GMT
#38
On May 18 2012 20:26 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2012 20:14 revy wrote:
On May 18 2012 20:06 Iplaythings wrote:
On May 18 2012 19:48 Eee wrote:
On May 18 2012 17:12 Aunvilgod wrote:
Weird. The interview was done after the recent SCII patch, was it not?

Yes it was.

Soo probally just wants all the buffs he can get, I don't blame him :p

On May 18 2012 18:22 KwarK wrote:
On May 18 2012 15:10 Scarecrow wrote:
Looks like Kwark was wrong, action was dead and they both knew it.

Obviously Action felt he was dead, that was evident from the fact he GGed, we already know that. The fact that Flash felt he had it won and was just waiting for his opponent to GG doesn't mean anything either, this is Flash, I expect he always feels that way.

... you really do insist on thinking that you know more about the game than Flash?
I'm speechless, really.

Be fair to Kwark, Flash could only see his units same with Action. Kwark could see both sides. Now, seeing as it's Flash I would say that even though he only saw his units I would take his opinion and Kwark's at the same value.

To me it was clear that Flash was going to grind Action into pieces, but don't hate on Kwark because he saw it differently.

I'm simply speechless that you would argue that a lategame zerg on 3 gasses can beat a split map terran whos a base up on you, like, that's not how it works.
Hell, the commentators even sounded like they expected it and I couldn't see any way for action to coming back from that, coming back from that would've been a comeback on par with fantasy vs jangbi on pathfinder, difference is that it's tonse easier coming back from early game deficits than late game deficits as there's not enough room for the comeback.


Did you not read how I said I thought Flash was going to grind Action into the ground? I'm just saying you don't need to be so aggressive because Kwark had a different read on the game than you or I did.
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
May 18 2012 21:50 GMT
#39
I think soO needs patching ...
I think esports is pretty nice.
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
May 18 2012 22:47 GMT
#40
thanks for the translation, shine fighting :p
ace hwaiting!!
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason223
BRAT_OK 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14151
Mini 243
BeSt 209
Dewaltoss 151
Artosis 113
Mind 87
Hyun 43
NaDa 22
Bale 21
ZZZero.O 19
Dota 2
qojqva2801
420jenkins506
Counter-Strike
fl0m4305
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5591
Khaldor1326
Liquid`Hasu1080
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g3435
FrodaN1993
B2W.Neo839
byalli408
ToD149
QueenE68
Railgan50
Mew2King40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1231
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 40
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3863
Other Games
• imaqtpie806
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV233
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 54m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 54m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 54m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.