• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:58
CEST 15:58
KST 22:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13491 users

BW Head Coaches on SC2 - Page 60

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 Next
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
May 02 2012 18:31 GMT
#1181
The micro in war2 is extremely simple, its not like muta micro where it takes years and years to get good at. Simply it's casting spells really fast (which I as a C- BW Terran can do with almost no effort in war2) and then a moving. Also you can hotkey in war 2, I have no idea why people say you can't.

While the speed of the game is higher than BW, the necessity of micro is 100x lower, which allows you to focus almost all of your attention on macro aside from a bit of spell casting.

I think very few people who call war2 more demanding then BW have never actually played war2 or BW (at at least a legit D+ level).
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
May 02 2012 18:54 GMT
#1182
Things I'm sure of;

Sc2 will be balanced better.

Sc2 will acquire some of the geniuses of broodwar.

Sc2 will become a true esport, beyond broodwar, despite some of the micro intensive deficientcies.

Things I'm not sure of but guide me;

Bw still has the greatest RTS talent pool in the world.

That the greatest of broodwar will preform well in Sc2

That the advantage of waiting will give the korean players a huge amount of information and tactics to build on, similar to how the non-korean founders of broodwar built a lot of the tactics and strategies that koreans perfected back in 99-00.


We have years and years of awesome Starcraft ahead of us, and members of our community have a true shot at sitting in a booth across from the likes of Jaedong, Flash, Bisu and Stork ... and that my friends will make it all worth it.

Flash vs Ret ? Jaedong vs Sen? ThorZain vs Bisu? Fuck the medium, this is Real Time (art) Strategy and I'll be a fan as long as the great geniuses are willing to spend the time to continuously push the barriers between last year and the year after next!

I love to be a fan in an age like this.

blahblahblahwhatever
Profile Joined June 2011
Armenia52 Posts
May 02 2012 20:22 GMT
#1183
Guys, BW is dying right in front of us and all you're doing is making funny comics? I'm starting to think we just don't deserve it.
kade
Profile Joined March 2011
94 Posts
May 02 2012 20:28 GMT
#1184
On May 03 2012 05:22 blahblahblahwhatever wrote:
Guys, BW is dying right in front of us and all you're doing is making funny comics? I'm starting to think we just don't deserve it.



why should we go kicking and screaming when in the end. proleague is going towards sc2 no matter what, so its best to make the best of it.
blahblahblahwhatever
Profile Joined June 2011
Armenia52 Posts
May 02 2012 20:32 GMT
#1185
On May 03 2012 05:28 kade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2012 05:22 blahblahblahwhatever wrote:
Guys, BW is dying right in front of us and all you're doing is making funny comics? I'm starting to think we just don't deserve it.



why should we go kicking and screaming when in the end. proleague is going towards sc2 no matter what, so its best to make the best of it.


Because, if this actually happens, the BW elite would get cancer from stress and depression. It's not about US it's about THEM.
FridgeLogic
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria19 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 21:09:22
May 02 2012 21:09 GMT
#1186
Its really sad that the remaining BW fans have to bother with people hijacking even this thread for a SC2 vs BW pissing contest.

I prefer Pizza over Lasagne. No matter how much I discuss the matter with a Lasagne fan, my preferance probably will not change.

If I get notified that Pizza is basically going to be abolished, since Italians found that the market for Lasagne is bigger, and that I have to make do with the latter from now on, I would be frustrated and mad. Perhaps I would log into the board of Pizza fans and rage, rant or in some other way share my emotions.

The last thing I would want to have to bother with on such a board, in such a situation, would be a Lasagne fan, telling me how everything is awesome since Lasagne is the superior food anyway and that I just have to adapt.

For all SC2 fans thinking it's awesome to see Flash & Co switching over, why not discuss this somewhere else, and show a little bit compassion for those who are bitter about the situation, or at least leave them in peace, at least in this thread on the _Broodwar_ board?

A fellow Starcraft 2 & Broodwar fan.
(I also happen to like both Pizza and Lasagne...)
blahblahblahwhatever
Profile Joined June 2011
Armenia52 Posts
May 02 2012 21:11 GMT
#1187
On May 03 2012 06:09 FridgeLogic wrote:
Its really sad that the remaining BW fans have to bother with people hijacking even this thread for a SC2 vs BW pissing contest.

I prefer Pizza over Lasagne. No matter how much I discuss the matter with a Lasagne fan, my preferance probably will not change.

If I get notified that Pizza is basically going to be abolished, since Italians found that the market for Lasagne is bigger, and that I have to make do with the latter from now on, I would be frustrated and mad. Perhaps I would log into the board of Pizza fans and rage, rant or in some other way share my emotions.

The last thing I would want to have to bother with on such a board, in such a situation, would be a Lasagne fan, telling me how everything is awesome since Lasagne is the superior food anyway and that I just have to adapt.

For all SC2 fans thinking it's awesome to see Flash & Co switching over, why not discuss this somewhere else, and show a little bit compassion for those who are bitter about the situation, or at least leave them in peace, at least in this thread on the _Broodwar_ board?

A fellow Starcraft 2 & Broodwar fan.
(I also happen to like both Pizza and Lasagne...)


Excuse me?
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
May 02 2012 21:16 GMT
#1188
Pizza for life.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
May 02 2012 21:18 GMT
#1189
On May 03 2012 06:16 moopie wrote:
Pizza for life.


Absolutely
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
May 02 2012 22:20 GMT
#1190
On May 03 2012 06:09 FridgeLogic wrote:
Its really sad that the remaining BW fans have to bother with people hijacking even this thread for a SC2 vs BW pissing contest.

I prefer Pizza over Lasagne. No matter how much I discuss the matter with a Lasagne fan, my preferance probably will not change.

If I get notified that Pizza is basically going to be abolished, since Italians found that the market for Lasagne is bigger, and that I have to make do with the latter from now on, I would be frustrated and mad. Perhaps I would log into the board of Pizza fans and rage, rant or in some other way share my emotions.

The last thing I would want to have to bother with on such a board, in such a situation, would be a Lasagne fan, telling me how everything is awesome since Lasagne is the superior food anyway and that I just have to adapt.

For all SC2 fans thinking it's awesome to see Flash & Co switching over, why not discuss this somewhere else, and show a little bit compassion for those who are bitter about the situation, or at least leave them in peace, at least in this thread on the _Broodwar_ board?

A fellow Starcraft 2 & Broodwar fan.
(I also happen to like both Pizza and Lasagne...)


You should make all of your posts "fridge logic". It would be hilarious.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
May 02 2012 23:11 GMT
#1191
On May 03 2012 06:09 FridgeLogic wrote:
Its really sad that the remaining BW fans have to bother with people hijacking even this thread for a SC2 vs BW pissing contest.

I prefer Pizza over Lasagne. No matter how much I discuss the matter with a Lasagne fan, my preferance probably will not change.

If I get notified that Pizza is basically going to be abolished, since Italians found that the market for Lasagne is bigger, and that I have to make do with the latter from now on, I would be frustrated and mad. Perhaps I would log into the board of Pizza fans and rage, rant or in some other way share my emotions.

The last thing I would want to have to bother with on such a board, in such a situation, would be a Lasagne fan, telling me how everything is awesome since Lasagne is the superior food anyway and that I just have to adapt.

For all SC2 fans thinking it's awesome to see Flash & Co switching over, why not discuss this somewhere else, and show a little bit compassion for those who are bitter about the situation, or at least leave them in peace, at least in this thread on the _Broodwar_ board?

A fellow Starcraft 2 & Broodwar fan.
(I also happen to like both Pizza and Lasagne...)


^ This is not the time to be pouring salt into wounds, regardless of where you stand in the conversation.
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
blahblahblahwhatever
Profile Joined June 2011
Armenia52 Posts
May 02 2012 23:16 GMT
#1192
Who the hell is HIJACKING? This is not only a BW thread but a BW site.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
May 02 2012 23:37 GMT
#1193
On May 03 2012 08:16 blahblahblahwhatever wrote:
Who the hell is HIJACKING? This is not only a BW thread but a BW site.


So its a BW site? I thought this was the team site too teamliquid, which happens to be a SC2 team.

It was a BW site, but now its so much more...
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Catfud
Profile Joined March 2012
Korea (South)21 Posts
May 03 2012 00:18 GMT
#1194
On May 03 2012 06:09 FridgeLogic wrote:
Its really sad that the remaining BW fans have to bother with people hijacking even this thread for a SC2 vs BW pissing contest.

I prefer Pizza over Lasagne. No matter how much I discuss the matter with a Lasagne fan, my preferance probably will not change.

If I get notified that Pizza is basically going to be abolished, since Italians found that the market for Lasagne is bigger, and that I have to make do with the latter from now on, I would be frustrated and mad. Perhaps I would log into the board of Pizza fans and rage, rant or in some other way share my emotions.

The last thing I would want to have to bother with on such a board, in such a situation, would be a Lasagne fan, telling me how everything is awesome since Lasagne is the superior food anyway and that I just have to adapt.

For all SC2 fans thinking it's awesome to see Flash & Co switching over, why not discuss this somewhere else, and show a little bit compassion for those who are bitter about the situation, or at least leave them in peace, at least in this thread on the _Broodwar_ board?

A fellow Starcraft 2 & Broodwar fan.
(I also happen to like both Pizza and Lasagne...)


Pretty much, SC2 is just not everyone's cup of tea and that's cool.

People have a whole other forum to post ecstatically about TBLS.

Just let us enjoy the last OSL in peace.
Luck is better than skill!
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
May 03 2012 00:26 GMT
#1195
On May 03 2012 06:16 moopie wrote:
Pizza for life.


Ordering pizza right now ^_^
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
May 03 2012 00:40 GMT
#1196
Pizza all the way.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
May 03 2012 00:57 GMT
#1197
p i zz a
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
EienShinwa
Profile Joined May 2010
United States655 Posts
May 03 2012 01:27 GMT
#1198
Pizza forever. Lasagne is nice every once in awhile, but you know you'll always come crawling back to Pizza.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
UTL_Unlimited
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Korea (South)353 Posts
May 03 2012 01:28 GMT
#1199
I'm hungry now... Dominos time
Need to write more things...
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
May 03 2012 01:31 GMT
#1200
sometimes you guys just makes me want to laugh.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 273
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 273
mouzHeroMarine 193
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41149
Bisu 2843
Hyuk 1753
Shuttle 1612
Mini 696
EffOrt 610
Larva 471
Soma 421
firebathero 238
ZerO 223
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 95
Zeus 68
Pusan 58
Sexy 54
sorry 51
Hyun 45
Killer 43
Bale 36
Trap 35
Hm[arnc] 29
PianO 29
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
zelot 21
Mong 16
Rock 14
yabsab 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6655
qojqva1368
Dendi1117
Counter-Strike
fl0m589
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1227
crisheroes871
Liquid`Hasu466
Lowko406
Other Games
gofns42426
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1366
DeMusliM258
Livibee166
Liquid`VortiX136
Hui .135
ArmadaUGS89
Mew2King83
CosmosSc2 19
ZerO(Twitch)17
elazer8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6510
League of Legends
• Jankos1813
Other Games
• WagamamaTV214
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 2m
INu's Battles
22h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.