• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:38
CEST 14:38
KST 21:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8546 users

Jinair Starleague Finals: 6 Months Later [2k post] - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
March 24 2012 18:16 GMT
#61
Jangbi's OSL run was the perfect BW narrative. Kind of sucks (but also kind of funny) how he's sunk into mediocrity now.
KRaver
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada1264 Posts
March 24 2012 18:31 GMT
#62
It was good to re-live all that hype again ^^
Duo Maxwell: If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.
Bobo_
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States192 Posts
March 26 2012 04:29 GMT
#63
I love BW. No other game will ever compare to the history and stories BW has created and lived.
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5043 Posts
March 26 2012 04:37 GMT
#64
This is awesome (second series of BW I ever watched) but what is Yellow's Curse? I know he never won a Starleague, is this what they were referring to?
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
blahman3344
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2015 Posts
March 26 2012 04:55 GMT
#65
That last set of Jangbi vs Fantasy reminded me of what I love about broodwar. The passion of the commentators, the success stories that happen, the underdogs taking charge and winning it all. Honestly, I wish that I saw this series live because the result of the last final was just so damn good.
I like haikus and / I can not lie. You other / brothers can't deny
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11829 Posts
March 26 2012 05:15 GMT
#66
On March 26 2012 13:37 Introvert wrote:
This is awesome (second series of BW I ever watched) but what is Yellow's Curse? I know he never won a Starleague, is this what they were referring to?

Yes. Yellow never won any major league and he only gets 2nd place everytime he reaches the finals. It's a shame though, because he wins a lot of special events and minor tournaments (non-OSL/MSL) against the same guys.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
March 26 2012 05:18 GMT
#67
Outta curiosity...how long was the op banned for lol
Write your own song!
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
March 26 2012 05:59 GMT
#68
On March 26 2012 14:18 mastergriggy wrote:
Outta curiosity...how long was the op banned for lol


2 days http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=32696&currentpage=1189#23768
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
March 26 2012 08:04 GMT
#69
EVERYONE. WATCH THE FINAL 5 MINUTES OF THAT SUBBED VIDEO.

It is nothing short of incredible. Those few minutes summed up the reason why I visit TL so much, and why I love BW so much - it is because of the incredible passion that goes into this game, and the unbelievable rises and falls of amazing people.

<3 BW
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
TheOnly92
Profile Joined September 2010
Malaysia804 Posts
March 26 2012 08:42 GMT
#70
On March 26 2012 17:04 Keone wrote:
EVERYONE. WATCH THE FINAL 5 MINUTES OF THAT SUBBED VIDEO.

It is nothing short of incredible. Those few minutes summed up the reason why I visit TL so much, and why I love BW so much - it is because of the incredible passion that goes into this game, and the unbelievable rises and falls of amazing people.

<3 BW


I'll admit, I didn't watch till the end, but that's just because of my crappy internet.

The last few minutes is what makes me believe that bw will go on. Long live BW.
Wedge
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada580 Posts
March 26 2012 10:49 GMT
#71
Amazing.

Great effort, perfectly filled in the storyline regarding the finals, and gave a great sense of context surrouding everything. The subs were also awesome, wish we could see more of that kind of stuff, adds such an incredible experience.

And yea, echoing everyone else, those last 5 mins, surreal the sense of emotion and investment that you get from those scenes. Seeing your favorite heroes so overcome with emotion, wow.

Heh, I cant be the only one who somewhat shook his head over the usage of the music, at least interwoven with such amazing, touching moments, and then listening to the lyrics.
sprinkles
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany3 Posts
March 26 2012 11:39 GMT
#72
Could someone really nice upload this video to somewhere not-Youtube for us poor Germans where it is blocked due to its musical content (thanks GEMA)?
Jongl0
Profile Joined June 2011
631 Posts
March 26 2012 15:18 GMT
#73
This is so good, makes me feel bad that I didn't get into BW until the middle of last year.
bovi
Profile Joined May 2010
Japan208 Posts
March 26 2012 15:28 GMT
#74
man u subtitled that? totally awesome!

much thanks!
ellerina
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines452 Posts
March 26 2012 15:40 GMT
#75
On March 26 2012 19:49 Wedge wrote:
Heh, I cant be the only one who somewhat shook his head over the usage of the music, at least interwoven with such amazing, touching moments, and then listening to the lyrics.


Just when I was ecstatic that the final montage was subbed and starting to get all emotional, Nickelback jumps in with that MAGIC first line.
Still round the corner there may wait , A new road or a secret gate /And though I oft have passed them by, A day will come at last when I /Shall take the hidden paths that run/West of the Moon, East of the Sun
chambertin
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1704 Posts
March 26 2012 16:47 GMT
#76
Even though I'm in Seoul the BW capital of the world, I've remained interested almost solely in SC2...

The dedication of BW fans though will never cease to amaze me. Now that I'm speaking well enough in Korean to make some native friends, I was surprised to hear how few cared for Star2 but played or watch BW.

Thank you so much for writing this and I hope to go to this year's OSL.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing" - Socrates?
Adaptation
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada427 Posts
March 26 2012 17:44 GMT
#77
Everytime i watch the last 5 minutes of this video i get dust in my eyes and they get all watery.
So i did a 9 pool on an island map, so what?
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
March 26 2012 18:32 GMT
#78
That was really epic, thanks for taking the time and writing it in the first place.
Makes me really excited for osl, I think I'm gonna watch jangbi vs fantasy again :D
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
March 26 2012 21:42 GMT
#79
On March 26 2012 17:04 Keone wrote:
EVERYONE. WATCH THE FINAL 5 MINUTES OF THAT SUBBED VIDEO.

It is nothing short of incredible. Those few minutes summed up the reason why I visit TL so much, and why I love BW so much - it is because of the incredible passion that goes into this game, and the unbelievable rises and falls of amazing people.

<3 BW

Motherfuck that had me in tears I'm glad I watched it though.
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
rainei
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada1316 Posts
March 26 2012 22:46 GMT
#80
yup. My eyes are watery, just like that day so many months ago.

I can remember myself jumping out of my seat and hopping around for a couple minutes after fantasy finally gg'ed, and the sheer tension mere minutes before that when Jangbi was on the verge of getting contained so hard.

But now that I can understand the commentators, it is so so sweet reliving those moments.

Thanks jpak!
All aboard the HSY fanboat/train/ whatever form of transportation you desire!! Everyday is Sojin day
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 229
TKL 174
CranKy Ducklings71
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM960
IndyStarCraft 166
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 960
Lowko445
TKL 174
IndyStarCraft 166
Rex 87
MindelVK 15
ProTech1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59989
Free 3098
Jaedong 2078
BeSt 686
Soulkey 420
Horang2 346
Soma 312
Zeus 198
firebathero 183
Hyun 180
[ Show more ]
Last 159
sorry 123
Mind 110
Pusan 83
Yoon 30
soO 29
ToSsGirL 26
scan(afreeca) 23
Aegong 18
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
zelot 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7058
Dendi714
XaKoH 397
canceldota51
Other Games
gofns33847
singsing2509
B2W.Neo494
byalli381
Pyrionflax306
ToD202
DeMusliM71
QueenE41
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1370
• WagamamaTV470
League of Legends
• Jankos3185
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 22m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.