• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:05
CEST 19:05
KST 02:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8709 users

[Winner's Interview] KT vs CJ day 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
jellyfish
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States149 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 19:57:57
March 18 2012 18:55 GMT
#1
interview double feature today! both horang2 and CJ's coach got interviews.

Horang2
+ Show Spoiler +

CJ’s (P)Horang2: I’m proud of shifting the momentum

[image loading]

The post-season is a fight of morale. In the first match of the SK Planet post-season, KT’s (T)Flash came out in set 2 and dominated, seizing momentum for the next three players to win and creating a 4-1 victory. In the 2nd match, CJ’s (P)Horang2 did the exact same thing. Moreover, he beat starcraft’s premier player, (T)Flash, and opened the floodgates for a CJ rout.

“Though I beat (T)Flash, I think the greater achievement was pulling the momentum in our favor,” said (P)Horang2, setting a goal to do the same in match 3.

Q: You took care of (T)Flash.
(P)Horang2: I think I’m happier about shifting the momentum than beating (T)Flash.

Q: You came out when your team was trailing 0-2
(P)Horang2: If I lost, (Z)herO[jOin] would feel a ton of pressure in the 4th set, so I made up my mind to win no matter what. In the first, or maybe second set, there was a fan who was crying while watching. It looked like a CJ fan, so I wanted to win and send the fan home smiling instead. I was determined to win.

Q: Did you expect (T)Flash to come out
(P)Horang2: Rather than predict, I was going to set my attitude once my opponent was announced. Once I saw the entries, I thought, “So, it’s (T)Flash.” and set to thinking how to beat him.

Q: You suffered some vulture harass
(P)Horang2: I did suffer some vulture harass but I was ahead. Overall, my build was advantageous. I think I did a good job blocking (T)Flash’s tank-vulture-marine attack. But then I kept losing random dragoons to mines. I remembered the coaches told me to remain composed so I seized a timing [to attack].

Q: Describe the moment you knew you won
(P)Horang2: The situation was more or less in my favor. Since I’m not as good at management games as (T)Flash, I used my trademark mass gateways. I squeezed out units from 13 gateways and got the stasis I wanted, and was able to win.

Q: Like you said, your stasis was really good
(P)Horang2: Using the arbiter’s stasis is a skill that takes a lot of luck. The moment I saw (T)Flash’(T)S tanks clumped together I knew it’d be a good one. It went just like I wanted.

Q: After you won, you must’ve felt good watching your teammates play from the bench. After (P)Horang2’s victory, everyone won, no?
(P)Horang2: I’m happy I managed to grab control of the match for our team. My win revived our team’s spirits and I realized my achievement was big for my team. It was fun spectating my teammates’ games. But I think my fans felt it more earnestly than I did. They were rooting for us really hard. The fans are a first-rank asset.

Q: Only by winning the 3rd match can you continue in the playoffs. If you meet (T)Flash again, are you confident you can win
(P)Horang2: To be honest, I don’t want to meet him again (laughs). Still, if I do, I’ll try my best to win.

Q: In the last regular season interview, (Z)EffOrt and (T)Leta predicted (P)Horang2 would make a key play. You promised you’d do something, and you kept it today.
(P)Horang2: I’ve always been good at keeping promises. I’ll do my all to fulfill it in the 3rd match, too.

Q: It’s a silly question, but who do you think will win the 3rd match
(P)Horang2: It’s hard to tell for sure. From the 1st and 2nd matches it seems map and entry data [from the regular season] aren’t very useful. Morale is more important. I want to be the one to win the momentum again.

Q: Anything you want to say
(P)Horang2: I used a build I’d found in the regular season practicing Sniper's Ridge. I want to thank (T)Rush, (T)sKyHigh, and (T)BByong for helping me practice. I hope CJ Entus fights hard in match 3, too.

Daily eSports reporter Nam Yoonsung (thenam@dailyesports.com)
*a world of eSports with SK Telecom* (www.sktelecom.com)

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=58030


Coach Kim Dong-woo
+ Show Spoiler +
CJ’s Coach Kim Doh-woo: “A feeling like escaping from hell.”

[image loading]

Since the post-season’s different from the regular season, post-match coach interviews are appropriate. KT’s Coach Lee got one after match 1, so it’s only fair the coach of match 2’s victors, CJ’s Coach Kim, gets one, too. After becoming coach in the 2010-2011 season, Coach Kim lost 0-2 to KT – and in the first match, too – and thus never had a coach’s interview. The most he got was a separate phone interview.

The man who once called himself a “coaching chobo” started off this interview by saying, “I was so busy celebrating my first post-season win with the players I didn’t realize I had an interview,” and added, “I’ll make sure to win the 3rd match and put myself in the interview seat again.”

Q: Thoughts on winning
Coach Kim: I feel like I got sucked halfway to flames but escaped. I’m ecstatic we came back to win match 2, but I’m starting to worry and plan for match 3 already.

Q: After losing sets 1 and 2, did you ever think you might collapse
Coach Kim: By capturing sets 1 and 2, KT had all the momentum. If you include match 1, they’d won 6 games in a row. But I never let go of my thread of hope. We had a lot of prepared strategies after set 3. Before (P)Horang2 went into the booth, I gathered the players and said, if (P)Horang2 beats (T)Flash, it’s inevitable we win. It wasn’t just a win; it was a game that would swing the entire match. I told him to play with composure and he did. (P)Horang2 was invaluable.

Q: You prepared your strategies well. Not many teams could have predicted it
Coach Kim: I don’t think there are any completely original strategies in starcraft. Unless it’s a paradigm revolutionizing strategy, you’ve got pick from the known strategies. The question is which strategies to use, and which to prepare against. After losing the first match, the mood in the players’ dorm was desperate. We put our heads together and crafted the strategies we’d use today. It was only because of the players’ combined will that we did what we did.

Q: I’m curious whether you’ll focus on strategies [aka tricky play] or standard games
Coach Kim: There are advantages to both strategies and standard games. Traditionally, CJ’s focus has been on solid play. In the case of today’s match, I think the strategies worked because KT’s players thought, “CJ favors standard play.” Because today’s strategic plays worked, I’ll do the same in match 3. I’m going to make KT worry some more by using a strategic card we’ve never used before.

Q: Both teams that picked the set 1 map ended up losing
Coach Kim: You pick the maps to your team’s advantage. But that’s regular season logic; in the post-season, just because you pick a map doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed a win. In important matches, the opposing team has a huge will to solve the problem you’ve created for them. I think this caused the teams who picked maps in matches 1 and 2 to lose.

Q: How are you going to prepare during the next two days
Coach Kim: We’re going to be off the grid for two days. It’s quite possible that if you reporters call, we won’t pick up. Just kidding. If you call, we’ll answer. However, that’s how hard we’re going to be practicing.

Q: CJ has a 6 match losing streak in the post-season
Coach Kim: I didn’t know that. It mattered more to me that I became coach last season and lost three times in a row to KT.

Q: Talk about your resolve to win match 3
Coach Kim: It’d be more accurate to speak of our collective resolve. I don’t know how fans or anyone else sees our team, but our players have ambitions to win it all. That’s why we lost match 1, and were down 0-2 in match 2, but were able to come back and win. We have a determination that comes from a hunger to win. Until the day we win it all, we’ll do our best to be even hungrier and completely wipe our opponents.


Daily eSports reporter Nam Yoonsung (thenam@dailyesports.com)
*a world of eSports with SK Telecom* (www.sktelecom.com)

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=58031
Hero.SP
Profile Joined March 2010
Chile711 Posts
March 18 2012 18:57 GMT
#2
So there is interview for day 2 and not day 1? How weird o.o


Thanks for the translation.
"well you know, the hardest part is the gg, I mean you have to be aware anytime your opponent can type gg, and you have to gg just right after him." - Flash
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
March 18 2012 19:30 GMT
#3
Thanks for translation, interviewing one player after such important match is really strange.Meh, they even had to fuck up these post-game interviews
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
March 18 2012 19:31 GMT
#4
Omg Horang so qt
WriterXiao8~~
HaruHaru
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States988 Posts
March 18 2012 19:34 GMT
#5
Thanks for this translation! would be great if the interviewed leta about the mine and ch about the drone rush though. Looking forward to coach's interview!
Long live BroodWar!
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
March 18 2012 19:38 GMT
#6
On March 19 2012 04:30 Itachii wrote:
Thanks for translation, interviewing one player after such important match is really strange.Meh, they even had to fuck up these post-game interviews

You're kind of forgetting that they already interview every player after their game. Although I'm surprised they didn't pick Hydra for this one, since he didn't get the onscreen interview, and I really want to know what the heck he was thinking for his game lol

Thanks for translating!
Writer:o
Mirabel_
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States1768 Posts
March 18 2012 19:53 GMT
#7
lol at (T)S
get stronger play longer
jellyfish
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States149 Posts
March 18 2012 19:56 GMT
#8
On March 19 2012 03:57 Hero.SP wrote:
So there is interview for day 2 and not day 1? How weird o.o


Thanks for the translation.


there was a day 1 interview of Action, but I was busy all day and it would've been like 30 minutes before the day 2 match by the time I finished the translation, so I decided against it. that one wasn't as interesting though, imo.

coach's interview is up!
dobrzeee
Profile Joined February 2010
Poland71 Posts
March 18 2012 20:08 GMT
#9
two interviews about that match and i didnt find even one word about (T)Leta mine
there is no such thing as luck in the long run but run is never long enough
Jindo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1305 Posts
March 18 2012 20:30 GMT
#10
Thanks for the interview. I told myself to be neutral and just enjoy the games. But couldn't help cheering for CJ when they were in danger of being eliminated so easily. Tuesday is going to be tense.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
March 18 2012 20:50 GMT
#11
Nicely done, haha. Seems weird that Flash is on a 3 game vP loss streak.
kiss kiss fall in love
Skwid1g
Profile Joined April 2011
United States953 Posts
March 18 2012 20:59 GMT
#12
So good, I honestly couldn't believe CJ came back. Hope day 3 isn't a stomp in either direction, but I'm still not certain CJ can really deal with KT. I guess we'll see though.
NaDa/Fantasy/Zero/Soulkey pls
hydrogg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States377 Posts
March 18 2012 21:06 GMT
#13
On March 19 2012 05:50 IntoTheheart wrote:
Nicely done, haha. Seems weird that Flash is on a 3 game vP loss streak.


If KT gets through Flash is going to have to play a lot of vP against Khan and maybe SKT.
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
March 18 2012 21:14 GMT
#14
fuckin' qt3.14.
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
March 18 2012 21:56 GMT
#15
thnx for this.. great games last night.

:D
~ The Ultimate Weapon
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
March 18 2012 22:07 GMT
#16
wow really enjoyed the coach's interview. Thanks ^_^
jaedong imba
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
March 18 2012 22:22 GMT
#17
Loved both interviews!
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
March 18 2012 22:24 GMT
#18
Haha man, watching the coach go crazy and celebrate like a madman when Hydra sent those 5 drones was something else.
Soft`Soap
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada865 Posts
March 18 2012 22:33 GMT
#19
In the first, or maybe second set, there was a fan who was crying while watching

cj fans are such babies

thanks for the translation
MiXyass DjLadyDana SoftSoap RightClick DigicidaL l)H[Zodiak] 58^^
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
March 18 2012 23:05 GMT
#20
Horang seemed so nervous at the beginning of his game, dealing with the vulture runby a bit sloppily, but good to see he pulled himself together and beat Flash himself and started the CJ comeback.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1134
ComeBackTV 1086
SteadfastSC510
TaKeTV 499
LamboSC2383
IndyStarCraft 191
Rex122
EnkiAlexander 58
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 510
LamboSC2 383
mouzHeroMarine 260
IndyStarCraft 191
ProTech163
Rex 122
UpATreeSC 90
BRAT_OK 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31044
Shuttle 1421
EffOrt 877
Light 671
Mini 654
Soma 476
firebathero 268
Rush 206
Snow 181
ZerO 141
[ Show more ]
hero 83
sorry 62
Liquid`Ret 54
Killer 38
ToSsGirL 27
soO 22
Sexy 21
Terrorterran 20
Trap 18
Bale 17
Free 15
Shine 14
Sacsri 12
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7642
qojqva1905
Dendi1034
420jenkins140
Counter-Strike
fl0m1443
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2037
crisheroes1185
XaKoH 209
Liquid`Hasu98
MindelVK8
Other Games
B2W.Neo1070
Beastyqt694
FrodaN552
ceh9440
ArmadaUGS191
Hui .184
KnowMe124
QueenE106
Mew2King79
C9.Mang077
Trikslyr77
Dewaltoss48
ZerO(Twitch)22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 2
• Reevou 1
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3825
• TFBlade1116
Other Games
• imaqtpie529
• WagamamaTV295
• Shiphtur201
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 55m
Stellar Fest
19h 55m
OSC
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 16h
Online Event
1d 17h
FEL
1d 22h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.