• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:11
CEST 15:11
KST 22:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8281 users

[Winner's Interview] SKT1 vs CJ

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
white_horse
Profile Joined July 2010
1019 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 02:36:54
February 13 2012 02:32 GMT
#1
SKT1 Group Interview, “We want to go on a winning streak”

[image loading]



SKT1 defeated CJ Entus 3-1 in Round 3 Week 1 of Proleague. Soo, Best, and Sun each cut their 2 game, 3 game, and 5 game losing streaks, respectively.


Your feelings on stopping losing streaks.
Best – I feel good that I was able to stop my losing streak and play a fun game at the same time. There were several dangerous moments but because I was able to overcome them, it was a more memorable game.
soO – I’m happy that we all got to cut our losing streaks at the same time.
Sun – It was really hard to deal with a losing streak. Our team lost every time I lost so I approached each game with a lot of responsibility. Getting advice from our team hyungs was really helpful and seeing my teammates stop their own losing streaks encouraged me a lot.

Why do you think you had been slumping?
Best – I kept losing to Terran and Protoss players. I played well during practice and then lost every time I went on broadcast. I’m always either on a winning streak or a losing streak so I hope I can go on a winning streak now that I stopped my losing one.
soO – I sometimes won because luck often made up for my lack of some skill but I didn’t get lucky for a while. I think I won today because I practiced a lot.
Sun – I think that there are times when you win and also times when you lose. I barely practiced my PvP for today so I think today was a day that just worked out (laughs).

Your team has two wins left until you have 200 victories.
Best – It helps remind me how strong our team is and when we have 300 wins I hope I am still here. I hope we are the first team to reach 300 wins.
soO – I didn’t know that we had come this far. I want to continue winning rather than place a lot of meaning on it.
Sun – I hope we can be the first to hit 400 wins and I'm planning on still being around until then (laughs).

SKT1 has had strong performances against CJ.
Best – It’s very strange that I’ve always had the better builds when I played CJ. I think I was able to win because I went into the game with an upper hand.
Sun – I think we won because our team is good (T/N: Yes we know that too captain obvious).

Your next opponent is KT. Do you think you will be able to continue your winning streak?
Best – We have to beat KT in order to have a shot at first place. I want to win no matter what. If I am sent out, I’d like to play against Zerg. I hope I can meet Action. I have never played against him yet.
soO – I lost all the games I played against KT (laughs). Even though our team won those times. If I get to play against them I will win. I hope I can meet a Zerg player.
Sun – I will win regardless of who I play.

Any last words?
Best – A lot of our fans came to root for us so I feel really good that I was able to win in front of them. I want to say happy birthday for Yoo-sung hyung and I am happy that soO and Sun were able to stop their losing streaks at the same time. I also want to give my mother a nice present.
soO – SIN mentioned me in his interview and I want to accept his request of going to see our old high school teachers together (T/N: SIN and soO are high school alumni). I feel good that the players who were on a losing streak all stopped them today.
Sun – I really wanted to do an interview on broadcast. I won today but didn’t get to do it. I really want to do one when I win again. Also, people from our company paid a lot of attention to me after my surgery so I’d like to thank them all.

http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=56125

Reporter Kang Sung-kil
[데일리e스포츠 강성길 기자 gillnim@dailyesports.com]
Translator
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 02:46:24
February 13 2012 02:42 GMT
#2
Sun – I will win regardless of who I play.


Famous last words...................

EDIT: I do agree with them, it's actually a nice change to see a SKT interview that doesn't have Fantasy or Bisu in it. I've missed Sun after his terrific last season and soo certainly deserved it as well

2nd EDIT: Almost forgot, thanks for the translation! Silly me!
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
February 13 2012 02:47 GMT
#3
well... movie played like shit, should have pulled probes waay earlier to keep reaver alive

horang2... nothing to say... 3gate vs 1gate man... what the fuck? and then someone says horang2 is S-class....

Best played well, obviously spent a lot of time with Bisu but still lacks the management abilities of Bisu and comes short on small details like preserving corsairs and DTs. Effort tried a very all in style muta kill temps then counter mass, but Best held it well and from then on the game fell into Best's rhythm.

I feel bad for Leta, played an awesome game.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
February 13 2012 02:58 GMT
#4
Hahaha sun. He's gonna beat flash, just wait
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Jindo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1305 Posts
February 13 2012 03:07 GMT
#5
Real happy for SoO and Sun, SKT need at least one of its zerg and Sun to be reliable again if they want to win it all. Soo weird to see Best saying he'd like to play against a Zerg opponent. Thanks for the interview white_horse.
lifeisgood99
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada915 Posts
February 13 2012 03:14 GMT
#6
KTFlash awaits them.

I sincerely hope someone, anyone, beats Flash this season... Such dominance is indecent.
Taengoo/Eunji ~ flavourflower.tumblr.com
ymir233
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States8275 Posts
February 13 2012 03:15 GMT
#7
Best – We have to beat KT in order to have a shot at first place. I want to win no matter what. If I am sent out, I’d like to play against Zerg. I hope I can meet Action. I have never played against him yet.


Even the commentators were shocked that they would live to see the day when BeSt was living off of owning Zergs.

BEST.

KILLING.

ZERGS.
Come motivate me to be cynical about animus at http://infinityandone.blogspot.com/ // Stork proxy gates are beautiful.
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
February 13 2012 03:17 GMT
#8
On February 13 2012 12:14 lifeisgood99 wrote:
KTFlash awaits them.

I sincerely hope someone, anyone, beats Flash this season... Such dominance is indecent.


bisu will dw
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
February 13 2012 03:19 GMT
#9
2 more until 200 wins...cannot wait. Go SKT!
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
February 13 2012 03:31 GMT
#10
thanks for translating. I'm really appreciate it
Congratulation SKT.
Learn,live and love it.
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
February 13 2012 03:31 GMT
#11
soO – I sometimes won because luck often made up for my lack of some skill but I didn’t get lucky for a while. I think I won today because I practiced a lot.


Lol no you got lucky this time too.

But I'm still a fan.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
February 13 2012 03:34 GMT
#12
targeting the KT zergs lol
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
February 13 2012 03:52 GMT
#13
On February 13 2012 12:34 Warpath wrote:
targeting the KT zergs lol


Easy prey, What did you expect? >.<
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
fYlddnaHturtDyaWdmAi
Profile Joined February 2012
Israel157 Posts
February 13 2012 04:21 GMT
#14
On February 13 2012 12:52 shaftofpleasure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 12:34 Warpath wrote:
targeting the KT zergs lol


Easy prey, What did you expect? >.<

and kt zergs win against them
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
Tippany
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States765 Posts
February 13 2012 05:00 GMT
#15
On February 13 2012 12:14 lifeisgood99 wrote:
KTFlash awaits them.

I sincerely hope someone, anyone, beats Flash this season... Such dominance is indecent.

C'mon Best!!! He has the power!
Real action, my dream.
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 05:19:54
February 13 2012 05:05 GMT
#16
On February 13 2012 13:21 fYlddnaHturtDyaWdmAi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 12:52 shaftofpleasure wrote:
On February 13 2012 12:34 Warpath wrote:
targeting the KT zergs lol


Easy prey, What did you expect? >.<

and kt zergs win against them

Um... No?

KT zergs have a 0% win rate against SKT this season. Going back further, in the last 5 KT vs. SKT matches, KT zergs have won only 2 out of 13 games.
Writer:o
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
February 13 2012 05:18 GMT
#17
Soo just 4 pool flash
▲ ▲ ▲
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
February 13 2012 05:53 GMT
#18
LOL Sun, what a baller
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
February 13 2012 05:53 GMT
#19
On February 13 2012 14:00 Tippany wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 12:14 lifeisgood99 wrote:
KTFlash awaits them.

I sincerely hope someone, anyone, beats Flash this season... Such dominance is indecent.

C'mon Best!!! He has the power!

given the trend, I'd rather go with Bisu
The Intrepid
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada205 Posts
February 13 2012 06:30 GMT
#20
Best practically begging to play against a zerg. What has this world come to?
Ontological imperative holds that my losses occurred only in imagination.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1454
WardiTV760
OGKoka 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko427
OGKoka 248
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8560
Bisu 4740
FanTaSy 3357
Jaedong 2037
Shuttle 1412
EffOrt 1185
Horang2 781
BeSt 702
actioN 405
Larva 357
[ Show more ]
Mini 344
Stork 164
Mind 119
Zeus 112
Dewaltoss 108
Snow 107
910 81
Sea.KH 64
Barracks 52
Mong 48
hero 46
ToSsGirL 41
Sexy 40
soO 34
Killer 30
Bale 27
Yoon 26
JYJ 24
sorry 24
Shinee 20
Aegong 19
Free 19
Shine 15
scan(afreeca) 14
HiyA 13
zelot 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4357
qojqva1434
Dendi975
XaKoH 471
febbydoto18
Counter-Strike
x6flipin291
fl0m16
Other Games
singsing2705
olofmeister1203
hiko843
B2W.Neo699
Livibee650
crisheroes391
XBOCT260
Pyrionflax229
dupreeh64
Liquid`VortiX60
Hui .57
QueenE30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick642
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2151
• Nemesis1605
Other Games
• WagamamaTV187
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 49m
Replay Cast
9h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 49m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 49m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.