• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:15
CEST 06:15
KST 13:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7872 users

[Interview] UZOO MSL Loser's Final II

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-22 07:35:11
July 21 2005 06:44 GMT
#1
Source: PlaySC.com

edit: Bleh, title should be Losers' Final, meh.

-----------------Spoiler Alert---------------------

































[image loading]

[image loading]


Your first MSL and you made it into the Final.
I don’t know what to say. It’s been two years, and I haven’t advanced into MSL. I didn’t think I was going to be in the Final, frankly. All I did was to treat every game seriously, and then, before I knew it, I was in the Final.


You continuously defeated your so-called archenemies
Nothing special, it’s just like my regular matches. I didn’t prepare myself differently just because my opponents were stronger. However, this time luck was on my site. Currently, my team is doing great, but I can’t say that much about myself.


What was the hardest to overcome during your preparation?
Because my opponent was my team-mate, I could practise much. Beforehand, we agreed to hug each other after our matches. However, after I won, I was too embarrassed to do so, so we shook hands instead. It’s very depressing to face your team-mate in a league like this.


Regarding the maps
At times, I thought Requiem favoured Zerg more, but other times, I thought it favoured Protoss; it’s changing, just like the advantage one race possesses over another. Today’s maps were very difficult; I don’t even know how I won.


Your dragoon micro was astonishing during the third game.
I was scared that my Assimilator would get killed before my observer, and to my surprise, my micro was good enough to kill that Lurker. I’ve practised killing Lurkers with splash damage, and obviously, sometimes, it would fail. However, the more you practise the better to become. I knew I would succeed today.


The fourth match was really drawn out.
I thought I had lost for sure. After my first platoon of Zealots and Dragoons getting killed by the Zerglings, I basically gave up. It seemed that Chojja’s carelessness gave me my chance. The match lasted over an hour, and after that match, we had to rest a bit in the change room. It was very exausting.


What were you typing during the game?
(Note: Reach typed "-.-;" during the fourth game, and was warned and fined 500,000 won ~500$ USD)
I lost too many High Templars. Because the game was really long, I forgot that it was an official match, hence no chatting permitted. Plus, he was my team-mate, it felt like a practice game, and so I sent out a message.


Did you have anything on your mind before the final match?
I was only thinking about the game. It is natural to concentrate for the last match. The moment he typed “GG”, the only think I could think of was “I won” and nothing else. It wouldn’t be such a hassle if it were a regular match. The fact that the winner moves on to have another shot at the title, and the loser stops at third makes it extremely cruel. Sadly, I had to face a team-mate at this stage.


It’s been almost a year since your last appearance in a league final.
It’s longed, and I’m very happy. My last opponent is another Zerg. Although difficult, I will contrive for victory.


This is the perfect opportunity to have revenge on IPXZerg.
I will prepare myself thoroughly. It will be difficult, but I will find a way. I will have my revenge.


Last words to your fans
Today’s games were extremely long, but my fans stayed for me, and pay full attention to the games. From the bottom of my heart, I am very thankful. I won’t disappoint you in the MSL Grand Final.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
camooT
Profile Joined October 2004
United States1354 Posts
July 21 2005 06:57 GMT
#2
i don't think i'll watch a PvZ vod, so can someone tell me exactly what he did against the lurker? goons have splash damage?
OctoPuSs
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Canada5279 Posts
July 21 2005 07:03 GMT
#3
chojja stacked 2 lurkers. Reach had 2 reavers + shuttle + some goons.

He loaded a goon in his shuttle and droped it on that lurkers. He then attacked it with his reavers in order to kill both of the lurkers.
Depression is just a sarcastic state of mind. Liquid`HerO Fighting!
iOi
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada1255 Posts
July 21 2005 07:17 GMT
#4
thank you very much
FireBlast!
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United Kingdom5251 Posts
July 21 2005 07:19 GMT
#5
Thanks for translation!

Yeah, I heard it was 50,000 won.
Victoria Concordia Crescit
tfeign
Profile Joined June 2004
United States2980 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-21 07:24:25
July 21 2005 07:20 GMT
#6
Reach really squeaked through a victory in this series. Although not sure about game 5 since I didn't watch that one, but every single other game he started out losing, and then came back to win 2 of them cause of Chojja's either carelessness or overconfidence, most likely both. Game 4 he was so behind at one point. If the dt drop failed Reach would have certainly lost. How can chojja leave an entire mining base with no defense nor detection nor units closeby is so stupid.


By the way, what is IPXZerg's advantage in the finals? Does he get to pick the first and last map, gets a 1-0 advantage, or no advantage at all?
FunFluffyBunny
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Sweden1696 Posts
July 21 2005 07:38 GMT
#7
On July 21 2005 16:20 tfeign wrote:
Reach really squeaked through a victory in this series. Although not sure about game 5 since I didn't watch that one, but every single other game he started out losing, and then came back to win 2 of them cause of Chojja's either carelessness or overconfidence, most likely both. Game 4 he was so behind at one point. If the dt drop failed Reach would have certainly lost. How can chojja leave an entire mining base with no defense nor detection nor units closeby is so stupid.


By the way, what is IPXZerg's advantage in the finals? Does he get to pick the first and last map, gets a 1-0 advantage, or no advantage at all?


He gets to pick the first (and last) map I think....
Catyoul *
Profile Joined April 2004
France2377 Posts
July 21 2005 07:48 GMT
#8
Didn't Boxer and Nada chat in a recent series ? Different channels, different rules ?
Honk2000
Profile Joined April 2003
Germany698 Posts
July 21 2005 07:55 GMT
#9
what a lame rule
FireBlast!
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United Kingdom5251 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-21 08:01:33
July 21 2005 08:01 GMT
#10
On July 21 2005 16:48 Catyoul wrote:
Didn't Boxer and Nada chat in a recent series ? Different channels, different rules ?


No, that was Snickers Allstar league, which is a special event league so theyre more leniant.
Victoria Concordia Crescit
likeboxer
Profile Joined December 2003
Korea (South)465 Posts
July 21 2005 08:07 GMT
#11
On July 21 2005 16:48 Catyoul wrote:
Didn't Boxer and Nada chat in a recent series ? Different channels, different rules ?


That was event match. all star league.
tranCe[RaGe]
Profile Joined November 2004
United States420 Posts
July 21 2005 08:07 GMT
#12
reach is god
Carpe Diem, Love and Hope...
Kacas
Profile Joined July 2003
Brazil3143 Posts
July 21 2005 08:36 GMT
#13
On July 21 2005 16:38 FunFluffyBunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2005 16:20 tfeign wrote:
Reach really squeaked through a victory in this series. Although not sure about game 5 since I didn't watch that one, but every single other game he started out losing, and then came back to win 2 of them cause of Chojja's either carelessness or overconfidence, most likely both. Game 4 he was so behind at one point. If the dt drop failed Reach would have certainly lost. How can chojja leave an entire mining base with no defense nor detection nor units closeby is so stupid.


By the way, what is IPXZerg's advantage in the finals? Does he get to pick the first and last map, gets a 1-0 advantage, or no advantage at all?


He gets to pick the first (and last) map I think....

yeah, i think he choose the map that will be played twice, and the order of the maps
I Love Hyori Lee =* icq: 41760400 / msn: kayen_chn at hotm
Oxygen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada3581 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-21 08:45:14
July 21 2005 08:43 GMT
#14
God Reach is so fucking sexy.

EDIT: Thanks for translating, Cambium. You're going from Chinese to English, correct?
Dont drink and derive. TSL: Made with Balls.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
July 21 2005 11:52 GMT
#15
On July 21 2005 17:43 Oxygen wrote:
God Reach is so fucking sexy.

EDIT: Thanks for translating, Cambium. You're going from Chinese to English, correct?


Yep ^^
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
July 21 2005 11:53 GMT
#16
On July 21 2005 16:19 FireBlast! wrote:
Thanks for translation!

Yeah, I heard it was 50,000 won.


Thanks.

Updated ^^
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
July 21 2005 12:02 GMT
#17
How come you're not allowed to chat during games?
Any reasoning behind this? Is it because it could be used to taunt or mess with your opponent?
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
July 21 2005 12:14 GMT
#18
On July 21 2005 21:02 ieatkids5 wrote:
How come you're not allowed to chat during games?
Any reasoning behind this? Is it because it could be used to taunt or mess with your opponent?


I would assume so, without such a rule in place, you could try to distract your opponent, which in very tense games like that could actually make a difference. Although I'm 100% sure that's not what Reach was doing.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
lonesome
Profile Joined November 2004
Korea (South)3 Posts
July 22 2005 04:00 GMT
#19
On July 21 2005 20:53 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2005 16:19 FireBlast! wrote:
Thanks for translation!

Yeah, I heard it was 50,000 won.


Thanks.

Updated ^^



Reach fined 500,000 won
not 50,000 won

...
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
July 22 2005 04:07 GMT
#20
Alright, so it was 500,000 after all ^^
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
FoxeR 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4530
Leta 1817
ViBE127
Bale 52
Shine 21
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Other Games
summit1g8260
WinterStarcraft540
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick614
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta23
• Letter1414
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota219
League of Legends
• Lourlo859
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 45m
Patches Events
10h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 45m
OSC
18h 45m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.