• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:03
CEST 02:03
KST 09:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8716 users

[Interview] KT vs Team8 Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-29 20:02:28
November 29 2011 19:57 GMT
#1
Team8 Group Interview "Inseparable from our teammates"

[image loading]

Team8, who regretfully lost the opening match against SKT1, came back from a 2-game deficit to defeat the defending champions, KT Rolster, and enthralled its fans. Team8, who garnered both its nickname as 'Dream Team' and the fans' attention, was visibly nervous throughout its match.

But the players recovered their form in the second match. (T)Sea, (T)BaBy and (Z)Jaedong were able to muster up three wins to put KT on a 2-match losing streak, while bringing home their first victory.

Q How does it feel.
A Jaedong=I am so happy for our first win. I was sad that I lost my game and our team lost in the opening match, so I prepared hard, and it is rewarding to finally get a win.
Sea=I always thought the season openers to be very important, and I worried a lot because we were pitted against such strong teams. However it feels awesome to come back from 0:2 and reverse sweep them.
Baby=I personally thought the first week would be very difficult. We were going up against last season's champion and runner-up, so my goal was to get at least one win. I am happy to have achieved 200% of my goal (laughs).

Q The team atmosphere must not have been good after your loss.
A Jaedong=There were so many fans for the opener and their cheers were so loud, I really wanted to win. I wanted to pay them back with a win, but I was sad that I wasn't able to. Each game is critical in the first few weeks, so I have zero tolerance for silly mistakes, and that made my loss that much more regrettable. Since we won today, though, I should move past it and start anew.
Sea=I was so sorry for my teammates. I was so sad that I threw away my advantage and let my opponent come back. However since we got our first win, I believe I will be able to go on and do well.
Baby=I was the only one with two wins (laughs). But I've always had good results during the earlier parts of the season (laughs). I will practice hard to carry this momentum forward.

Q There must have been a lot of pressure on your shoulders due to the fans' expectations.
A Jaedong=It would be a lie if said no. I tried very hard not to let the pressure get to me. At the same time, though, I was determined to do well to live up to my fans' expectations.
Sea=The pressure to do well is ever-present in the world of professionals. I enjoy the attention (laughs). I did not expect so many fans to cheer for us. I expected JD to have a lot of fans, but I had no idea he was this popular (laughs).

Q There must have been a lot of pressure starting 0:2.
A Sea=I was flustered when I saw that (P)Stats had the BO advantage. I think losing a won-game last match made me really nervous. I wasn't doing so well but then I thought of Coach Han and I got the motivation to turn it around. He provides me with so much criticism and advice all the time (laughs). At least he said 'good job' when I won. Next game, I will try to impress him with a clean game. It is oh-so-difficult to get him to like you (laughs).

Q It looked like you were making decisions on the fly.
A Jaedong=I didn't expect a Terran so I didn't practice alot of ZvT. There were moments when it was so close but (T)Mind lost his valks easily and the game just turned completely in my favor from then on. I knew I had won right then.

Q Being the anchor must have been pressuring.
A Baby=Our first team victory depended on my victory so I was very nervous. However, (P)Wooki had just moved to KT and they were about to go on a 2-match losing streak, so he seemed more nervous. That made me relax at some point and I was able to approach the game comfortably.

Q Your goal for the season.
A Sea=So much happened for us to get together as a team, so I don't ever want us to be separated again. We will play our hearts out. I will practice hard to live up to our fans' expectations. We have a game next Tuesday, and I thank Baby, who made the team atmosphere cheery and conducive to practicing.
Baby=I'm off to a good start with a winning streak. I will play hard to maintain this momentum. I BM'd my last opponent by d-matrixing his ovie, and I will continue to get in my opponents' head with ceremonies.
Jaedong=We are all working together well, and the coaching staff has been doing their best in instructing us, so I have high hopes for this season. Kespa put in so much effort to ensure that we were able to practice in a good environment. For example, we met the Director Cho Man-Soo and Manager Koo Ma-Tae yesterday, and they bought us pizza. They have been taking good care of us, and I give a very heartfelt thanks to them.

Source: Daily E-sports
Translator
GoodRamen
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States713 Posts
November 29 2011 20:02 GMT
#2
thanks for the interview goooo team 8!!!!!!!
#1 Fantasy Fan!!!!
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
November 29 2011 20:04 GMT
#3
On November 30 2011 04:57 rotinegg wrote:
Q It looked like you were making decisions on the fly.
A Jaedong=I didn't expect a Terran so I didn't practice alot of ZvT. There were moments when it was so close but (T)Mind lost his valks easily and the game just turned completely in my favor from then on. I knew I had won right then.

0_o That was JD improvising? Scary...

Baby is turning into a baller, I very much approve!
Fly Jaedong, fly!
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-29 20:27:00
November 29 2011 20:05 GMT
#4
Thank you for the translation, I have a feeling this will be (T)BaBy's break out year. With (T)Sea and him pounding out the wins their Terran two punch will be quite scary. Oh and (Z)Jaedong not being as pressured should help!

Cannot wait for more of this as well:

"I'm off to a good start with a winning streak. I will play hard to maintain this momentum. I BM'd my last opponent by d-matrixing his ovie, and I will continue to get in my opponents' head with ceremonies." -BaBy

Brood War forever!
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
November 29 2011 20:06 GMT
#5
On November 30 2011 05:05 Kralic wrote:
Thank you for the translation, I have a feeling this will be (T)BaBy's break out year. With (T)Sea and him pounding out the wins their Terran two punch will be quite scary. Oh and (Z)Jaedong not being as pressured should help!

I hope so too, since baby is my fpl team captain :D
Translator
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
November 29 2011 20:07 GMT
#6
Same interview, yet slightly different interpretations on DES and Fomos... I wonder if the interviewers are paying attention at all, haha. I mean, the questions are similar and in the same order, so I assume they do the interview at the same time but note down the answers individually.

Anyhow, good to hear from the Team 8 members finally!
[TLMS] REBOOT
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-29 20:08:53
November 29 2011 20:08 GMT
#7
On November 30 2011 04:57 rotinegg wrote:
Sea: I wasn't doing so well but then I thought of Coach Han and I got the motivation to turn it around. He provides me with so much criticism and advice all the time (laughs). At least he said 'good job' when I won. Next game, I will try to impress him with a clean game. It is oh-so-difficult to get him to like you (laughs).


Brb, writing a Sea/Coach Han slashfic based on this quote
catleaves
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
November 29 2011 20:08 GMT
#8
thank you for the interview!
^^
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
November 29 2011 20:09 GMT
#9
On November 30 2011 05:06 rotinegg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2011 05:05 Kralic wrote:
Thank you for the translation, I have a feeling this will be (T)BaBy's break out year. With (T)Sea and him pounding out the wins their Terran two punch will be quite scary. Oh and (Z)Jaedong not being as pressured should help!

I hope so too, since baby is my fpl team captain :D


I chose Light over BaBy this time around, but BaBy is my favourite BW Terran with Sea(he is always my FPL captain) close behind.
Brood War forever!
BobTheBuilder1377
Profile Joined August 2011
Somalia335 Posts
November 29 2011 20:10 GMT
#10
Thanks for the interview and translation sir.
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
November 29 2011 20:11 GMT
#11
On November 30 2011 05:06 rotinegg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2011 05:05 Kralic wrote:
Thank you for the translation, I have a feeling this will be (T)BaBy's break out year. With (T)Sea and him pounding out the wins their Terran two punch will be quite scary. Oh and (Z)Jaedong not being as pressured should help!

I hope so too, since baby is my fpl team captain :D


Chose killer over baby as my captain 8[

still, t8 has ridiculous potential, i hope sea gets far in the individual leagues!
wat
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
November 29 2011 20:12 GMT
#12
thanks for the translation

congrats to t8
ace hwaiting!!
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
November 29 2011 20:12 GMT
#13
thanks for the interview rotinegg! so happy that team8 pulled out a win. Now I almost want KT to win their next match ^^
jaedong imba
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
November 29 2011 20:16 GMT
#14
Thanks man!

T8 is beloved by everyone, but I wish they would get proper and colorful racing uniforms now, cmon sponsors! How come none of them can see the huge potential the team is showing??

And KT went from 2:0 to 2:3 yet again, hahaaha

KT will finish only above STX and Woongjin
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
keiraknightlee
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States301 Posts
November 29 2011 20:27 GMT
#15
The black uniforms look so old school, like 70s uniforms. But at the same time it gives a sort of classic all-star vibe

I'm confident in Team 8, they really needed this first win for morale, now they can tear up PL!!
~~~Happiness. Dreams. Love~~~Good Luck
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
November 29 2011 20:27 GMT
#16
team 8!! :D

minus the fact that its bo5 instead of bo7, im actually liking this no ace format a lot more. It puts more emphasis on the team as a whole, instead of just the best player a team has in its roster. Which is what a team league should be..

baby is turning me into a fan, despite being terran. his play in both matches was overwhelmingly solid while at the same time creative. Looking to see this guy go far in his new team
aka DragOn[NaS]
KRaver
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada1264 Posts
November 29 2011 20:28 GMT
#17
Thanks a lot for the translation
Duo Maxwell: If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
November 29 2011 20:30 GMT
#18
Wow... JD pulled that build outta his ass O.o daaaaaammmmn

Also... Loving Baby's attitude! He's been my favorite Terran since ever and I'm glad he's starting to show some confidence!

Much love for Team 8!
Jaedong and Baby
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-29 20:33:54
November 29 2011 20:32 GMT
#19
Team 8 finally living up to expectations. They should be able to solidify themselves as a top 3 team quite easily with those 3 winning. Jaehoon is 0-2, but lost to freaking Bisu and Flash - can you really blame him? His potential has yet to show. Killer, despite losing, had some good micro that almost allowed him to come back. This team will fight strong.

It'll be a great race for #4. KT's season is nearly 10% done, but they are gonna try very hard to turn it around as they are the champs and have freaking Flash. Khan proved they are not in the bottom tier by beating Stars. ACE proved they can beat the champions. Stars has their big 3 plus the hope of a return-to-form Free.

SKT1 also has to be careful if the current meta game shifts against Protoss, since their Zergs are... SKT1 Zergs. Fantasy really needs another Terran partner 'cause that would be dangerous.

It'll be a very close race! Too bad CJ will probably go 17-4 or something like that and have an easy #1.:p
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
November 29 2011 20:32 GMT
#20
STX will finish above KT, fabiano. Hmph.

Loving the Team 8 guys even more now. Great on their old respective teams, ever greater as one ultimate team! Hope for more of these interviews!!
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings84
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O149
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 833
ZZZero.O 149
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
League of Legends
Doublelift5766
JimRising 823
Other Games
summit1g10060
FrodaN3097
C9.Mang0243
KnowMe129
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP92
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 57m
Replay Cast
22h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.