• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:37
CEST 21:37
KST 04:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9976 users

Power Rank Discussion Thread - Page 39

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 All
SlowBullets
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States839 Posts
March 28 2012 15:54 GMT
#761
Side bar <3
1:1 go sc2 LAN? Oh wait...
Nukid
Profile Joined April 2010
United States240 Posts
March 28 2012 16:12 GMT
#762
yes !!!!!
Nesto
Profile Joined November 2009
Switzerland1318 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 16:23:47
March 28 2012 16:20 GMT
#763
On March 26 2012 11:59 Caladbolg wrote:
Now 6... no disrespect to Jaedong, one of my favorite players, but winning vs Soulkey and losing vs Leta (and winning over a bunch of scrubs) in the past 2 months does not, a number 6 ranking make. In the normal course of things, maybe. If T8 still had a playoff chance and were playing serious opponents, sure. But in the context of things, it was simply too little too late. Jaedong mostly carried T8 this season but he's been extremely mediocre vs really good players, especially Terran. I mean, in his game vs Leta... (at around 9:05 of the VOD), 6 Hydras and 2 lings + Overlord get owned by 3 vultures, one nearly dead at that... I'm not sure that's an impressive show of skill. Not even on Leta's part. JD just walking into those mines like he was ggaemo. He wasn't even expanding behind that or anything. And then the mutas vs goliaths.


Are you sure you are not placing a bit too much emphasis on that Leta game? yeah that move was not a great show of skill. On the other hand, the first spider mine took 4 hydra hits before it exploded (high ground ftw..).

He is still 6-1 in this past 2 months, including a lot of cool games, the spore block against modesty was nothing short of amazing, the game against SK was an awesome comeback. Also, in every single ZvZ he had to fight back from a BO disadvantage (hell, I can't even remember when he had a BO win the last time). Saying all his opponents were just "scrubs" seems a bit unfair.

Also I don't think I want to live in a world where a 6-1 record doesn't even qualify you for top 6 in PR
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
March 28 2012 16:38 GMT
#764
On March 29 2012 01:20 Nesto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 11:59 Caladbolg wrote:
Now 6... no disrespect to Jaedong, one of my favorite players, but winning vs Soulkey and losing vs Leta (and winning over a bunch of scrubs) in the past 2 months does not, a number 6 ranking make. In the normal course of things, maybe. If T8 still had a playoff chance and were playing serious opponents, sure. But in the context of things, it was simply too little too late. Jaedong mostly carried T8 this season but he's been extremely mediocre vs really good players, especially Terran. I mean, in his game vs Leta... (at around 9:05 of the VOD), 6 Hydras and 2 lings + Overlord get owned by 3 vultures, one nearly dead at that... I'm not sure that's an impressive show of skill. Not even on Leta's part. JD just walking into those mines like he was ggaemo. He wasn't even expanding behind that or anything. And then the mutas vs goliaths.


Are you sure you are not placing a bit too much emphasis on that Leta game? yeah that move was not a great show of skill. On the other hand, the first spider mine took 4 hydra hits before it exploded (high ground ftw..).

He is still 6-1 in this past 2 months, including a lot of cool games, the spore block against modesty was nothing short of amazing, the game against SK was an awesome comeback. Also, in every single ZvZ he had to fight back from a BO disadvantage (hell, I can't even remember when he had a BO win the last time). Saying all his opponents were just "scrubs" seems a bit unfair.

Also I don't think I want to live in a world where a 6-1 record doesn't even qualify you for top 6 in PR


I do wanna live in that world, seems like a world of plenty of Brood War to go around ^_^

But that is not this one, in this world a 6-1 record + being Jaedong should be enough to earn him the 6th spot, imho.
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
March 31 2012 14:55 GMT
#765
So many upsets in the offline prelims. I don't know where to start.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
HopLight
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden999 Posts
March 31 2012 14:59 GMT
#766
On March 31 2012 23:55 Mortality wrote:
So many upsets in the offline prelims. I don't know where to start.


I'd start with Bisu.
Nesto
Profile Joined November 2009
Switzerland1318 Posts
March 31 2012 15:03 GMT
#767
On March 31 2012 23:59 HopLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 23:55 Mortality wrote:
So many upsets in the offline prelims. I don't know where to start.


I'd start with Bisu.


well he wasn't exactly a PR candidate so far anyway
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
March 31 2012 15:39 GMT
#768
Um, a strong showing in the prelims + PL finals could have given him a spot.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
dobrzeee
Profile Joined February 2010
Poland71 Posts
March 31 2012 15:54 GMT
#769
Now Bisu must beat Flash twice in the finals to earn a spot And what about Best, Leta and Stats?
there is no such thing as luck in the long run but run is never long enough
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
March 31 2012 17:38 GMT
#770
Leta may drop below Soulkey if Soulkey advances. Then again, Soulkey has an easy group, so maybe not. Stats was originally a candidate for a #10 spot, but now I think he needs to prove himself strongly against SKT before he has a chance. Best also needs to prove himself against KT, but not as strongly as Bisu or Best need to prove themselves.

On the flip side, Action now looks like a more solid candidate.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
March 31 2012 17:51 GMT
#771
omfg R1ch! sidebar :D

I've missed seeing the PR there
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
March 31 2012 18:00 GMT
#772
If Bisu doesn't whip out some really good stuff vs KT (such as beating Flash, good and clean), he can GTFO of the PR as far as I'm concerned. But he's still ELO #2 I guess, which counts for something.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
March 31 2012 18:12 GMT
#773
YAYYY SIDEBAR
Writer
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
March 31 2012 18:37 GMT
#774
On April 01 2012 03:12 ]343[ wrote:
YAYYY SIDEBAR

Also, very much this! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
March 31 2012 19:29 GMT
#775
use sidebar thread
Moderator。◕‿◕。
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 01 2012 01:40 GMT
#776
thanks zerghling
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Prev 1 37 38 39 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 524
UpATreeSC 107
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 994
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 83
Zeus 68
Trap 40
910 40
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 21
NaDa 20
JYJ 16
[ Show more ]
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc6294
420jenkins229
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1389
edward200
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS142
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2016
Other Games
summit1g5051
Grubby3011
Beastyqt693
B2W.Neo613
byalli403
shahzam283
C9.Mang0155
KnowMe155
TKL 140
Railgan15
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV266
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur351
• WagamamaTV273
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 23m
Stellar Fest
17h 23m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.