• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:40
CEST 23:40
KST 06:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6971 users

[Interview] Jin Air OSL Ro16 Tiebreakers Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
July 31 2011 11:52 GMT
#1
Presenting the last surviving Protoss in the OSL, Aiur's last hope, Heo Yeong Moo.

Fuck yeah Jangbi. Fuck. Yeah.

(P)JangBi: "I'll defeat (T)Flash and any Zergs in my way, and then win the finals!"

[image loading]

Samsung KHAN's Jangbi has created good opportunities for himself. By making it into the Round of 16 for the 6th time and scoring 1 win, after Jangbi made tiebreakers happen with a 1:2 score, he achieved a perfect victory by cleanly sweeping 2 games and has advanced to the Round of 8. Jangbi, whose opponent is Flash in the Round of 8, expressed his determination, "Because Terrans are good to have as opponents for Protoss, this is advantageous for me," along with, "Since it seems that good luck has been following only me this tournament, I must go all the way to the finals and win."


Q: Your thoughts on surviving this far?
A: I feel thrilled. It feels like I've been saved from the depths. After I lost 2 times in the Round of 16 I thought that I was already eliminated, but because (Z)Killer achieved 3 wins, I received another chance and when I won yesterday, it felt like I had gained a priceless opportunity. My games in the tiebreakers also went well, so I made more opportunities for myself. I think that good luck is continuing to follow me.

Q: You will meet (T)Flash in the Round of 8.
A: (T)Flash is a player that after his debut, has been continuing to put out consistent results. He has received attention ever since he was a practice partner and has been reigning as the best player for over 5 years. But as for me, I have a positive momentum following me. I have an experience where I defeated Flash in the 2005 Courage Tournament finals and acquired qualification to become a semi-progamer. Flash's current skill now is completely different compared to back then, but if I remember that time's memories, then I think that I can also win against Flash in the OSL Round of 8. [T/N: Uhhh Jangbi? Replaying how you beat Flash 6 years ago over and over in your head is nice and all, but- ah screw it, you need all the confidence you can get. It is Flash you'll be playing against, after all.]

Q: Your win-loss record against (T)Flash is?
A: I'm behind by 2:3. But for this OSL, there's something like a good momentum following me.

Q: There must have been not that much time to prepare after the tiebreakers were decided yesterday.
A: It did honestly feel like there wasn't enough time to practice. After I returned to the practice house yesterday and ate dinner, I rushed to practice. Because there wasn't any time to spare with even showering, I kept on practicing with my makeup still on. The junior teammates helped out a lot; one player watched VODs and analyzed them while other players tested out their strategies in practice, so we worked without even rest. When we concluded practice, it was around 4 AM in the morning. I'm really thankful to them for helping me. [T/N: Wow, no wonder he won 2:0!]

Q: How did your game with (Z)Calm go?
A: After I scouted (Z)Calm's 4Hatch strategy, I thought to myself that I wouldn't lag behind. I invested more time in analyzing the map "Pathfinder" than in analyzing my past games against Calm.

Q: Your strategy was exposed in the game against (T)BaBy.
A: I had plans to use a Dark Templar strategy. I thought up of various strategies in my head, but going for continuous Dark Templar drops seemed like a good idea, so I spent time practicing it. I thought that the SCV scout that entered my base had spotted what I was going for, but I decided to carry on with it anyway. After the game ended, I heard Coach (T)DoGGi's confirmation that (T)BaBy's SCV didn't see the Citadel of Adun. Anyway, I had confidence that I would be able to win by going through with it and won.

Q: It's been a long time since you advanced to the OSL Round of 8.
A: The last time I passed through the Round of 16 and advanced to the Round of 8 was when I won the tiebreakers and survived. It's been a while since another chance has come this time as well, so I must have a comeback. (Z)Killer and (Z)soO probably want me to beat Flash in the Round of 8. And then after that they probably think that facing me in the Round of 4 will be an easy ticket to the finals, but oho, I won't make it easy for them. After I beat (T)Flash, I'll defeat any Zergs standing in my path and resurrect myself as the last remaining Protoss hope. [T/N: JANGBI Y U SO BALLER. Holy shit. Dat confidence.]

Q: How are you feeling right now?
A: It feels like my mind is already in the finals. But in reality, I've only just passed the Round of 16 tiebreakers. I will definitely exceed the Round of 8 and 4 and go to the finals. After 1 month, please say that Jangbi will be going to the finals. If you keep on saying that, it will become reality. There are some people out there who want me get 2nd place in the finals, but I want to destroy those predictions and win the championship. [T/N: Jangbi and Protoss fans, start chanting that Jangbi will go to the finals if you want to see him win it all! On a daily basis!]

Q: Any last words you want to say?
A: I want to thank (Z)ByuL, (Z)hOpe, and (T)Sharp for helping me out with practice until dawn. I also want to thank the fans that have been supporting me through good and bad times as well.

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=48087

What a confident bamf. Heo Yeong Moo hwaiting. For Protoss. For Aiur.

[image loading]
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
July 31 2011 12:00 GMT
#2
FOR AIUR!

Thanks Spica. This was a baller interview... I hope JangBizzle can back this shit up.
I drop suckas like Plinko
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
July 31 2011 12:01 GMT
#3
Hahah hes so PUMPED.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
July 31 2011 12:03 GMT
#4
This interview was so good. Jangbi so confident. GO JANGBI GO! :D

Relevant!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
invisible.terran
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States280 Posts
July 31 2011 12:04 GMT
#5
Wow, that's confidence, even though I'm a Flash fan, im gonna cheer for him =)
"Until the very very top, in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in, the only problem is most people cant work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they dont have a real passion for." - Idra
pvzvt
Profile Joined October 2009
Israel2097 Posts
July 31 2011 12:10 GMT
#6
go jangbi go !!
go for the dual starleague
i say we dust off and nuke it from orbit
Armathai
Profile Joined October 2007
1023 Posts
July 31 2011 12:13 GMT
#7
Wooot Jangbi, destroyer of anti-teams, the protoss hope :D

It's tobad he's facing Flash next round, otherwise I'd root for him, but may the best player win!

Looking for ArcticCerebrate formerly from @USEast
pvzvt
Profile Joined October 2009
Israel2097 Posts
July 31 2011 12:15 GMT
#8
On July 31 2011 21:03 MoonBear wrote:
This interview was so good. Jangbi so confident. GO JANGBI GO! :D

Relevant!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

haha that yellow pic smiling is so fitting
i say we dust off and nuke it from orbit
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
July 31 2011 12:17 GMT
#9
Brimming with confidence. I don't care how Jangbi, but you must beat Flash one way or another and then go on to win the title! Please!

thanks Spica for the translations
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
oldgregg
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand1176 Posts
July 31 2011 12:20 GMT
#10
i jangbelieve
Calculatedly addicted to Substance D for profit by drug terrorists
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
July 31 2011 12:22 GMT
#11
omfg jangbi you just keep surprising me.

DONT PLAY WITH MY HEART. BEAT FLASH.


hear me now. if jangbi beats flash i'll change my BW forums tag to Khan and become a khan fan to support the little bawler.
Writer
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
July 31 2011 12:25 GMT
#12
He sounds so confident, and I think that's good, but I hope I won't get disappointed by a 0-2 against Flash. I want Flash to win but please give us a 1-1 and an epic 3rd set .
"Start yo" -FlaSh
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
July 31 2011 12:27 GMT
#13
On July 31 2011 21:22 Kiante wrote:
omfg jangbi you just keep surprising me.

DONT PLAY WITH MY HEART. BEAT FLASH.


hear me now. if jangbi beats flash i'll change my BW forums tag to Khan and become a khan fan to support the little bawler.

TRAITOR.

+ Show Spoiler +
But of course you'll change back to SKT when Bisu plays in the MSL, mwahahah
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
July 31 2011 12:33 GMT
#14
go for the silver!
Commentator
mansa
Profile Joined May 2011
Philippines336 Posts
July 31 2011 12:57 GMT
#15
I love how confident Jangbi is. TT._TT Please Jangbi I hope you do beat Flash and all the zerg and win a silver or gold.
KTF_CloaK
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1338 Posts
July 31 2011 13:01 GMT
#16
funny how if Jangbi is 'confident', FlaSh is called arrogant (lol he is but they have same style of interviews)

May the best man win

FlaSh. GOD YOUNGHOOOO

omg i totally forgot MSL has bo3 in Ro8!!! yeah epiccccc

gogo FlaSh
KT Rolster for the win!! Lee-Young-Ho hwaiting!!
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
July 31 2011 13:27 GMT
#17
Thanks for translating. I'm really appreciate it :D

Congrats Jangbi advance to Ro8.
Learn,live and love it.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
July 31 2011 13:30 GMT
#18
Jangbi, you're our only hope now!
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
sinistral
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore859 Posts
July 31 2011 13:33 GMT
#19
FUCK. YEAH. JANGBI.
(´・ω・`)
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
July 31 2011 13:39 GMT
#20
Great interview from Jangbi. Glad to see his struggles seem to be finally past him and he is confident once again. If he were playing anyone but Flash I would be rooting for him. If only he were on the other side of the bracket then he could get his 3rd silver.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub256
Nina 138
NeuroSwarm 115
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14249
NaDa 19
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
Grubby3682
summit1g3454
Liquid`RaSZi1987
shahzam534
WinterStarcraft408
ToD296
C9.Mang0274
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1004
Other Games
• imaqtpie898
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 20m
INu's Battles
13h 20m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 20m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.