• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:16
CEST 11:16
KST 18:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9292 users

Great to enter Airforce ACE

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 20:59:07
July 28 2011 17:59 GMT
#1
Great: "I'll mark the high point of my career with ACE."

Great is happy to be under coach Kim Nam-Gi of ACE.

[image loading]
Great facial expression


Great changed his mind about Airforce's ACE after he saw Firebathero, M18M and other ex-teammates give satisfactory performances. He decided that since he had to enlist in the military anyways, it was best that he try out for when he was still good.

He gave an interview to discuss his move on his way from his evaluation for ACE on the 28th. After being runner-up in an MSL, he performed less so in the Proleague and had a bit of hard time; he decided to join ACE and improve there with renewed determination.

Q. It's been some time since you last gave an interview
A. Prior to start of playoffs I returned to my home to gather my thoughts. Even if I successfully enlisted for ACE I could have still played in the playoffs - but then next season my team would have to start with inexperienced zerg players. I chose to sit out to give them some exposure on the stage. I apologize to my fans because announcing so would expose my team.

Q. You must be quite sorry to your team
A. I very much am. Especially more so after we made it to the playoffs. But I think it was a time to move on, for both me and my team. I thought that it would be good to serve my military duty early. I would even tell Seok-Hi (TN: M18M), 'The only thing I'm envious of you is that you'll finish your service before I do'. Since I have not entered yet, I can still him Seok-Hi, can't I (grins).

TN: once Great enlists M18M will be a superior, and will have to address him accordingly.

Q. M18M will become a superior although you are older.
A. We were friendly before and he did his job as a younger player in the house well, so I'm not worried. I'm prepared, but I expect him to treat me as how I treated him (grins).

Q. Doesn't seem like you'll have much trouble adapting since there are so many former Khan players already in ACE.
A. I have no worries. I'm good friends with them so if I get in I won't have any problems fitting in.

TN: I think this interview was done before he was accepted.

Q. Don't you feel uncomfortable presenting yourself to the fans after you get a crew cut?
A. I'm not the first to enter. For most of people who did, they seem to be fine. But I think once I actually get the haircut, I'll be a little bit sad. Chavi, who already enlisted, once remarked to me, 'I never knew I looked like this for all of 24 years' (grins).

Q. ACE's lineup will become much stronger once you are in.
A. I'm not going to disagree (grins). I still gave good performance until recently (grins). Military discipline coupled with renewed efforts - I expect a lot from myself.

Q. I heard that you want to make the playoffs with ACE.
A. Even while I was in Samsung Khan, I never thought of ACE as a weak team, and I still don't. I once helped Khans make the playoffs as a newcomer, and I expect the same with ACE. The thought alone is electrifying.

Q. What kind of advice did your ex-teammates give you?
A. They gave me lots of advice for the training and on what I will need. They advised me since I'm not enlisted yet, but once I enter, I don't know how their attitude will change (grins). I expect them to treat me well (grins).

Q. Your fans may feel sad
A. I think I would also feel sad if I were in a fan's shoes as well. But if I do well in ACE - by presenting my fans with the best performance in my career - I hope they will also be less disheartened.

Q. You'll be in the MSL Survivors on the 30th.
A. Even if I do qualify for MST, I won't be able to play. But I won't give a cursory performance. It'll be nice to enter ACE with a suitable closure. I'm prepared to do my best, and I'm confident that I'll qualify.

Q. Any plans on how you'll spend time before entering?
A. I still have about two months. I was the laziest player in the Khan house (grins). I feel that I need to become more fit, so I got a gym membership and plan to exercise often. I also want to have fun visiting many places.

Q. Your biggest regret after you decided to enter ACE?
A. Definitely the playoffs. I initially thought that it was for the good of the team that I not play. But after hearing from some teammates after Ro6 loss say 'If you played hyung...' I really felt sorry. If I were with them, I wonder how it would be.

Q. Who do you want to meet the most in ACE?
A. I want to meet coach Kim Nam-Gi who joined ACE this season. I heard that he trained Soulkey and others. He must have some insight into training players which is why I think I might be in my prime in ACE. I always liked learning from someone since I became a professional gamer so I am highly anticipating our meeting.

Q. Last words?
A. My fans did not know anything when I wasn't there with my team. I am truly sorry to them. I hope they will continue to cheer for me even when I get a crew cut (grins). I will improve even more in ACE, so please, root for me and expect my performance.

By Daily eSports reporter Lee So-Ra sora@dailyesports.com

http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=47997
Stuck.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
July 28 2011 18:03 GMT
#2
He sure grins alot (grins).

Anywho, Good luck in ACE great!
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
July 28 2011 18:05 GMT
#3
Ace got someone great.
Weedk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States507 Posts
July 28 2011 18:06 GMT
#4
What? I didn't think he was that old yet!
dtz
Profile Joined September 2010
5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-28 18:08:06
July 28 2011 18:07 GMT
#5
Oh that's an interesting timing. I guess other than the fact ACE is quite strong ( compared to prev ACEs) at the moment, it's also because there are many ex-Khan players there. Maybe Stork should just follow him and ACE can truly be a contender.

Anyway it gives January the chance to really develop Turn and the other rookies since she doesnt trust Stork for ace matches anymore anyway.
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
July 28 2011 18:09 GMT
#6
I see this article at DES and hope someone who fluent Korean can translate it since I'm really curious what happen to great. Thank you sooo much for translating. I"m really appreciate it.

Surprised and wish great good luck in ACE :D
Learn,live and love it.
catleaves
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
July 28 2011 18:13 GMT
#7
fighting in ace, great! :D thank you for the translation!
^^
Ikonn
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands1958 Posts
July 28 2011 18:16 GMT
#8
so Khan's zerg line consists of Odin, Byul and Juni now
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
July 28 2011 18:16 GMT
#9
Samsung's zergs are now Byul, Hope, Odin, and Juni.

Leaves for something to be desired...
Stuck.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
July 28 2011 18:19 GMT
#10
This (grins) is some pretty good news (grins). I'm trying (grins) to type this post (grins) like great (grins) did that interview (grins). Am I doing this right (grins)?

Hopefully, ACE becomes a stronger team next year. If it wasn't for Winner's League, they might have contended for a playoff spot.
SaetZero
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States855 Posts
July 28 2011 18:19 GMT
#11
Holy, ACE getting legit? Neat!
Never Forget. #TheRevolutionist
jlim
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain943 Posts
July 28 2011 18:23 GMT
#12
great paiting :3
Guamshin
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands295 Posts
July 28 2011 18:45 GMT
#13
Ace is gonna be a strong team :O.

Firebathero, Great, Iris and M18M sounds very solid.
Weeeee
zappa372
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Chile365 Posts
July 28 2011 18:53 GMT
#14
great acquisition ACE! + Show Spoiler +
Stop the puns"! D:!!!!
EE HAN TIMING!
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
July 28 2011 18:58 GMT
#15
WHA-WHA-WHA-WHA-WHA-WHA-WHA-WHA-WHATTTT??? :O...

GL in ACE great!!!
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
July 28 2011 19:01 GMT
#16
On July 29 2011 03:19 andrewlt wrote:
This (grins) is some pretty good news (grins). I'm trying (grins) to type this post (grins) like great (grins) did that interview (grins). Am I doing this right (grins)?

Hopefully, ACE becomes a stronger team next year. If it wasn't for Winner's League, they might have contended for a playoff spot.



lol. Hopefully Great turns out some great results!
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
July 28 2011 19:02 GMT
#17
hope to see him doing great at ace

ace to next years playoffs gogo!
ace hwaiting!!
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
July 28 2011 19:06 GMT
#18
Hmm this is interesting. ACE have a better zerg line than Khan that's for sure

ggaemo, great VS byul, hope, juni and odin
KoTakUEurO
Profile Joined May 2011
605 Posts
July 28 2011 19:11 GMT
#19
wow! great pickup for ACE! feel sorry for Khan tho, their Zerg line seems to be a little... lacking.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
July 28 2011 19:16 GMT
#20
That's grrrrreat!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1205
Hyun 568
firebathero 541
Hyuk 398
BeSt 329
Jaedong 269
Mong 268
Soma 189
Shine 86
PianO 82
[ Show more ]
Sexy 62
910 50
Mind 48
sSak 41
Hm[arnc] 35
Shinee 30
ZergMaN 26
Bale 25
yabsab 20
HiyA 19
Sharp 15
sorry 12
ZerO 11
Noble 10
Stork 7
Terrorterran 4
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1128
shoxiejesuss920
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King326
Other Games
gofns28411
summit1g7067
ceh9606
KnowMe128
Pyrionflax100
Trikslyr29
Livibee15
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick476
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos973
• Stunt404
Other Games
• Shiphtur447
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 44m
Patches Events
6h 44m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.