• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:13
CEST 19:13
KST 02:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8908 users

[Interview] Special Pre-MSL interview with Effort

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 11:09:11
February 19 2011 11:07 GMT
#1
Nobody posted this it seems, I missed him so much as a fan.

(Z)EffOrt: "I want to thank everyone for not forgetting me."


[image loading]

"I have been very well. After retiring I was determined to study well, and have been working very hard so that I would not regret it. I have been caught on camera not long ago, and it has been circulating around various forums, the fans still haven't forgotten me, and I was very astounded. (laugh) Though I really did hoped that I would still exist in everyone's memory as a pro-gamer."

"Back in the days when ever I needed to practice ZvZ I would always turn to (Z)Hydra, so maybe that has helped him with the foundation in ZvZ. He was already exceptional back then. Today before I came to the match venue I had some nostalgic moment, so I practiced with him abit, and I got owned badly. (laugh) He has improved alot more."

(Z)EffOrt predicted that (Z)Hydra will win 3:1. He felt that (Z)great would try something cheesy, but (Z)Hydra won't fall for it.

"Since I came to cheer for him, of course (Z)Hydra has to win! (laugh) He has recently matured into the team ace, so now is a great opportunity for him to win a championship. I will wholeheartedly cheer for him in the stands (smile)."

Effort will attend his high school final exam in November this year. Since he abandoned studying very early, it was very difficult to pick it back up again. But his marks in maths and English has been gradually improving.

"Studying really isn't easy (laugh). All the younger students are much quicker learner than I am (laugh). But I still worked very hard so that I wouldn't regret it. I think I will get good results in the final exams. The university where the final will be held would have special meanings for me. It feels like I'm getting an early entry into my future school. (laugh)"

Effort smiled as he told us that he will get good results. "I really want to thank all the fans for not forgetting me still."

[image loading]

Source: PlaySC
Original: dailyesport

Effort hwaiting!
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
February 19 2011 11:15 GMT
#2
forget studying and just come back to us :<
Writerptrk
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
February 19 2011 11:16 GMT
#3
Thanks for translating! Good to see effort doing well. I enjoyed the bit about effort getting owned -- stop playing for a bit and everything passes you by...
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
February 19 2011 11:21 GMT
#4
effortttt thanks for translation!
Writer
By.Fantasy
Profile Joined February 2011
Thailand123 Posts
February 19 2011 11:34 GMT
#5
Effort!! Studying rots ones mind!! SC is better :D
I really missed effort
My english is not very good.
Umbrella
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Taiwan936 Posts
February 19 2011 11:43 GMT
#6
MSL spoiler
+ Show Spoiler +

(Z)EffOrt predicted that (Z)Hydra will win 3:1. He felt that (Z)great would try something cheesy, but (Z)Hydra won't fall for it.

What the heck, godly predictions EffOrt!
CoWsGoesMoo
Profile Joined June 2010
250 Posts
February 19 2011 11:49 GMT
#7
And here everyone was saying he was practicing for Starcraft 2. Thank goodness he's actually doing something productive with his life. Best of luck to ya Effort from a fan. ^^
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 11:56:24
February 19 2011 11:55 GMT
#8
On February 19 2011 20:07 themonkyguy wrote:

Effort smiled as he told us that he will get good results. "I really want to thank all the fans for not forgetting me still."

[image loading]





Nobody forget you Effort. We always remember you :D Effort does't change at all. his smile.
Good luck in your study Effort.

By the way, thank you so much for the translating. I'm really appreciate it :D

Learn,live and love it.
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
February 19 2011 12:02 GMT
#9
Come back anytime, Effort! Hydra could use some company at the top. Best of luck in the future!
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
February 19 2011 12:15 GMT
#10
Never seen effort look so happy, nice to see hes doing so well.
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
February 19 2011 12:15 GMT
#11
I really hope, that when he graduates from school he`ll come back and play for few years more.
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
February 19 2011 12:16 GMT
#12
How could anyone forget you Effort.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
February 19 2011 12:22 GMT
#13
Well atleast he gave us hydra as a parting gift.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11792 Posts
February 19 2011 12:39 GMT
#14
No one forgot about you effort. Also, I will appreciate if you stage some kind of a comeback ^-^.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
HitoriTomoyo
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada264 Posts
February 19 2011 13:48 GMT
#15
effOrt seriously needs to come back. He was really the only player (during FlaSh's streak of course) capable of genuinely bringing a challenge to FlaSh, not to mention the fact that he has proven himself to be good enough of being capable enough to beat FlaSh.

Glad to see Hydra performing well, but it'll be a long time before Hydra fills effOrt's role.
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
February 19 2011 14:05 GMT
#16
Didn't really care for Effort back then, but just before his retirement he's almost tied to Jaedong in skill level.

Thanks for the translation!
Marke
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden279 Posts
February 19 2011 15:05 GMT
#17
effort hwating!!! :D
Det är inte lätt när det är svårt
Armathai
Profile Joined October 2007
1023 Posts
February 19 2011 15:11 GMT
#18
Thanks for translating, was wondering how the second best zerg of the time was holding up now
Looking for ArcticCerebrate formerly from @USEast
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
February 19 2011 17:42 GMT
#19
Good to hear from Effort again. Was wondering if he'd show up for this
connoisseur
Chimpalimp
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1135 Posts
February 19 2011 17:45 GMT
#20
I miss Effort. Nice to see he is still kicking and going well. Best of luck to him, as always.
I like money. You like money too? We should hang out.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 622
ComeBackTV 613
SteadfastSC463
Rex89
EnkiAlexander 56
CosmosSc2 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 463
Rex 89
UpATreeSC 82
CosmosSc2 55
BRAT_OK 36
Codebar 13
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42065
Jaedong 1341
Hyuk 801
Soma 672
BeSt 445
Mini 439
Larva 344
Rush 276
Soulkey 271
ZerO 224
[ Show more ]
Snow 168
hero 76
Dewaltoss 73
Liquid`Ret 56
Free 54
Mind 49
yabsab 32
Killer 28
sorry 27
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 21
Shine 21
Rock 20
Trap 20
Dota 2
qojqva1561
Dendi782
Counter-Strike
Fnx 743
x6flipin475
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2915
crisheroes2358
Khaldor2009
Liquid`Hasu448
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1861
singsing1805
hiko799
byalli482
ceh9367
B2W.Neo351
KnowMe122
QueenE95
Trikslyr39
Chillindude23
Railgan20
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Adnapsc2 5
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3462
League of Legends
• Nemesis2398
• TFBlade1036
Other Games
• imaqtpie424
• Shiphtur350
• WagamamaTV238
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 47m
OSC
19h 47m
Stellar Fest
19h 47m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.