• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:18
CEST 16:18
KST 23:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7436 users

[Interview] KT vs Samsung winner's interview - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
butchji
Profile Joined September 2009
Germany1531 Posts
February 15 2011 17:07 GMT
#21
Stork 4gating. Watched too much SC2 :D
dtz
Profile Joined September 2010
5834 Posts
February 15 2011 17:07 GMT
#22
He probably didnt have to count. He is just too organized and polished in which one glance will tell him that it's one more probe than usual. How sick can this guy get :s
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
February 15 2011 17:14 GMT
#23
Good thing srats stats showed up to play today. I was nervous that Stork was gonna 3 kill KT.
Heimatloser
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany1494 Posts
February 15 2011 17:37 GMT
#24
zergbong/nestea also was protoss coach. kt makes weird coach decisions...
All what KT currently needs is a Zerg and a second Terran
Soulforged
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Latvia982 Posts
February 15 2011 17:42 GMT
#25
Eh? Since when is an extra probe a sign of all-in? Couldn't he just go for usual nexus&zealot follow-up or w/e?
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-15 17:49:27
February 15 2011 17:48 GMT
#26
On February 16 2011 02:42 Soulforged wrote:
Eh? Since when is an extra probe a sign of all-in? Couldn't he just go for usual nexus&zealot follow-up or w/e?


His understanding of the game is so much better than ours. I wonder the same thing, though. T_T
Also, I wouldn't even notice the difference, haha. =(

I think it's because you make the probe to send it out to build something.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
Soulforged
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Latvia982 Posts
February 15 2011 18:07 GMT
#27
I've missed the early game though; tuned in with lag @ work during the 4gate part.
Now, if flash counted probes in Stork's main, substracted one that was mannering gas, and figured that another was missing/somewhere on the map, it'd be insane. Otherwise, you can pretty much gas steal, get a gate/zealot, nexus, zealot(or gas) without cutting any probes; lot of progamer P's do that on 2player maps. I'd assume that if you aren't cutting probes, you can not make an _extra_ one by proxying 0_o.

I'd bet that flash saw something less subtle than counting enemy probes in main, since that is much less stable than counting pylons/noticing probe cuts with nexus not flashing at all.
Will rewatch the game once VOD is out on youtube; I'm quite curious at what his scv/scans saw. Perhaps no probe cut for a faster nexus during the standard nexus time? That's not enough for a decision, though...have to rewatch it .
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
February 15 2011 18:29 GMT
#28
▲ I had predicted it to a certain extent. I saw that Stork made an extra probe, so I thought that he might do an all-in, I guessed that it was either proxy gates or reaver pressure. Even though I did think that Stork might go for an all in, I still didn't predict his general strategy.


he notices ONE extra probe and knows something is up. this is what seperates the men from the boys.. insanity
jaedong imba
alypse
Profile Joined May 2010
2784 Posts
February 15 2011 18:52 GMT
#29
On February 16 2011 03:29 slappy wrote:
Show nested quote +
▲ I had predicted it to a certain extent. I saw that Stork made an extra probe, so I thought that he might do an all-in, I guessed that it was either proxy gates or reaver pressure. Even though I did think that Stork might go for an all in, I still didn't predict his general strategy.


he notices ONE extra probe and knows something is up. this is what seperates the men from the boys.. insanity


As time passes by there's more and more evidence showing Flash is not human; he's a god-send mechanical being whose sole purpose of existence is raping and dominating.
KT Violet 1988 - 2012
Spekulatius
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2413 Posts
February 15 2011 19:11 GMT
#30
- You seemed unaware of Stork's strategy
▲ I had predicted it to a certain extent. I saw that Stork made an extra probe, so I thought that he might do an all-in, I guessed that it was either proxy gates or reaver pressure.

-----

For a non-pro player like me: 1 extra probe = proxy gates or reaver? How cool is that pls? Gotta love his game sense.
Always smile~
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
February 15 2011 19:12 GMT
#31
On February 16 2011 03:52 alypse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2011 03:29 slappy wrote:
▲ I had predicted it to a certain extent. I saw that Stork made an extra probe, so I thought that he might do an all-in, I guessed that it was either proxy gates or reaver pressure. Even though I did think that Stork might go for an all in, I still didn't predict his general strategy.


he notices ONE extra probe and knows something is up. this is what seperates the men from the boys.. insanity


As time passes by there's more and more evidence showing Flash is not human; he's a god-send mechanical being whose sole purpose of existence is raping and dominating.



.../sigh. Great days to be a Flash fan Most other gamers aren't so open about how exactly they think about the game...it's interesting to hear him talk about that kind of stuff. I wish more would do things like that.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
February 15 2011 19:35 GMT
#32
On February 16 2011 00:24 WhoaDrugs wrote:
"I had predicted it to a certain extent. I saw that Stork made an extra probe"
The skills.


Had the same thought while reading the interview.
tube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1475 Posts
February 15 2011 19:35 GMT
#33
yeah but.. he lost
Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
February 15 2011 19:47 GMT
#34
Too long since last interview with mah Kim Dae Yeob, mah boi


Gotta love that fellow :D
In the woods, there lurks..
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
February 16 2011 00:38 GMT
#35
It ain't a KT interview... Without a picspam.

[image loading]

Flash: "KT Lolster, commence!!"
The rest of the team: "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL-"

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Sharp: "Hey Jangbi, you think that Stork hyung will beat Flash today?"
Jangbi: "Him? That wannabe? Feh, I bet that he'll get BBS'd by Flash and get utterly humiliated. I'd bet my life on it."
Sharp: *Shrugs* "Suit yourself then."

[image loading]

Yellow: "What'd you say Reach? You makin' fun of my silvers again? Yeah well guess what? I have more gold medals than you."

[image loading]

Reach: *Thinking in head* "...got burned by the Kong...."

Flash: "What's that you say Hoejja? Ssak fell down a well?"

[image loading]

Flash: "Well... He can go have some fun in there then. Muahahahah~"

[image loading]

Tempest: "Oh god Anyppi, don't do it. Don't touch the Mantoss; who knows what will happen to you if you do it."
Anyppi: "Nnnrgh... Must.... Receive..... The Mantoss's powers!!" *Touches the back of Reach's head and flies back from getting a huge jolt; crashes into the wall with a loud BAM*
Reach: "...Nn?"

[image loading]

*Watching Perfective's game*
Stats: "..." *Shocked*
Reach: "..." *Utterly disgusted*
Yellow: "...I should call Hyungjoon and get him to join our team, huh."

[image loading]

KT's manager: "Okay Flash, go out and get us another win!" *After watching Flash go off* "...turn it back on, turn it back onnn, dem leeeeeeeeegz!!"

[image loading]

*Reach and Flash high-five each other*
Anyppi: "...holy crap, Flash's not getting knocked back by touching Reach hyung! No wonder people call him 'God Young Ho'."
Barracks: *Thinking* "One day I'll be able to touch Reach hyung like that... Just you wait, Reach."

[image loading]

Samsung: "Yaaaaaay Stork hyung's tearing apart Flaaash! That's our Song Byung Goo~!"
Jangbi: -DISBELIEF-

[image loading]

Hoejja: "Heh, both Stats and Stork are going DTs. Heh."
Flash: "Heh, this is almost as gay as going proxy gate DT rush."
Reach: "Heh, yeah, who would do such a thing- Oh wait..."

[image loading]

Reach: "Yes, good job Stats! High-five me! BOOM, PSYCHE!! Now do an air dunk now, ohhh, we be ballin' boyyyyy, we be ballin', yeeeah sonnnn-"
Barracks: "WILL YOU GUYS STOP ALREADY D8"

[image loading]

Reach: "So you wanna become stronger, eh Hoejja boy? If you win against me in an arm wrestling contest, then you'll be worthy of being called manly. Of course, you can't beat me, even if I only use one hand. I can even use it to massage my shoulder while we're at it."
Hoejja: "$&#$#(*&@(&*&!!!" *Sweating furiously*

[image loading]

KTFlash at its finest.

"All aboard the Youngho train, toot toooot!"

And thanks for the translation!
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
February 16 2011 00:53 GMT
#36
loool, nice pics

The KT Lolster one is just too exploitable.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
February 16 2011 01:02 GMT
#37
Flash so baller: "I saw that he made an extra probe".
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
February 16 2011 01:03 GMT
#38
Lovely picspam. Thanks.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
tryummm
Profile Joined August 2009
774 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 02:50:56
February 16 2011 02:34 GMT
#39
When Flash's comsat finished the observer went back to Storks base and you could see two probes going back to his mineral line. Flash probably scanned and saw this, hence he saw the extra probe. One coming back from making the pylon and the other coming back from making the Gateways.

No other explanation really seems to make sense to me.
radialis
Profile Joined November 2010
726 Posts
February 16 2011 02:58 GMT
#40
counting probes seems downright retarded, unnecessary and show-offish

does anyone else actually do it or is it just flash trying to show off?
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1123
RotterdaM632
SteadfastSC296
TKL 229
Rex134
CosmosSc2 39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 632
SteadfastSC 296
TKL 229
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 39
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42141
Calm 2957
Shuttle 2458
Jaedong 1621
Horang2 817
actioN 572
Soma 508
Mini 449
Soulkey 444
Rush 391
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 347
Stork 345
ZerO 262
BeSt 244
Larva 230
Snow 187
Mong 131
firebathero 124
hero 115
Zeus 96
Mind 84
910 71
Free 64
Hyun 47
Yoon 44
sorry 43
Shine 42
Sharp 42
Shinee 36
PianO 33
Pusan 32
JYJ 30
ToSsGirL 29
Aegong 25
Sexy 25
Bale 23
HiyA 22
Terrorterran 20
Hm[arnc] 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Rock 12
Killer 12
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5476
Dendi1284
Counter-Strike
fl0m2242
Fnx 589
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King169
ChuDatz18
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko371
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko702
crisheroes508
B2W.Neo306
DeMusliM188
Khaldor188
Livibee183
Pyrionflax174
Liquid`VortiX147
Liquid`RaSZi111
dupreeh72
Trikslyr69
QueenE59
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1400
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH231
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2112
• Jankos1586
• TFBlade593
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur694
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 42m
The PondCast
19h 42m
INu's Battles
20h 42m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.