• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:45
CEST 22:45
KST 05:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12132 users

[Show] The Chronicles of KasPra - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
sCCrooked
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1306 Posts
February 14 2011 10:14 GMT
#41
This is a great idea, but might I recommend you have 3 main "heroes" that receive this on-air training? One of each race might be better than showing only one side of 3 of the MUs. That way also every race has their hero they can kinda follow
Enlightened in an age of anti-intellectualism and quotidian repetitiveness of asinine assumptive thinking. Best lycan guide evar --> "Fixing solo queue all pick one game at a time." ~KwarK-
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
February 14 2011 11:44 GMT
#42
On February 14 2011 07:45 2Pacalypse- wrote:
I do wish it was more often than once a week. At least twice! Also, please keep the OP updated with VODs after every show ^^


I wish it was too, but as I keep telling my viewers, I do have a full time job and plenty of ICCup admin work keeping me busy ^^;

I hadn't thought of putting VODs in the OP, but that makes sense so will do!

On February 14 2011 08:43 JerKy wrote:
I love the similarity of KasPra's name to KeSPA
When I first saw the title, I thought KasPra was a spin on KeSPA...is it? o.o


As far as I know it's not, but thanks for pointing that out. I'll be sure to make jokes about this during the show and pretend it was my idea :D

On February 14 2011 14:23 Chimpalimp wrote:
Btw, correct me if I'm wrong but your OP should say "a SC2 player" instead of "an SC2 player" since starcraft doesn't start with a vowel. :D


Well, if you say it out loud, you pronounce 'S' as 'ess' so I think 'an' is better? I guess I can make a poll about it and let the viewers decide who's right

On February 14 2011 19:14 sCCrooked wrote:
This is a great idea, but might I recommend you have 3 main "heroes" that receive this on-air training? One of each race might be better than showing only one side of 3 of the MUs. That way also every race has their hero they can kinda follow


I've talked about the race issue with KasPra and a few other people already and it's hard to find a good solution. Your idea is cool, but would that mean doing the show 3 days a week, one day per hero? Not sure if I have that kind of time :p

An idea just occurred to me though. Since I'll be inviting guests from the other races, maybe I can announce them beforehand and get some viewer-submitted replays as well. Will keep this idea in mind and let you guys know on the show and in the OP if we decide to go with this.
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
February 14 2011 12:07 GMT
#43
Will be catching our stream sometime soon!! : ) Nice to see people supporting the BW scene and more beginner friendly : D
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
byFd
Profile Joined May 2006
Germany620 Posts
February 14 2011 13:07 GMT
#44
excited for this. you almost do motivate me to play bw with this, hehehe.
i've always wanted to be T too, but i'm just suck so i play P xD
(>°_°)>
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
February 14 2011 13:14 GMT
#45
very good initiative sayle ^^ will be watching your streams cant wait for it to go online .... on thursday
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9565 Posts
February 14 2011 13:37 GMT
#46
On February 14 2011 20:44 Sayle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 07:45 2Pacalypse- wrote:
I do wish it was more often than once a week. At least twice! Also, please keep the OP updated with VODs after every show ^^


I wish it was too, but as I keep telling my viewers, I do have a full time job and plenty of ICCup admin work keeping me busy ^^;

The solution is simple. You quit your job and we pay you in ESPORTS dollars!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
February 14 2011 15:04 GMT
#47
Hey Sayle, you could maybe find other enthusiastic BW A/B-rankers to stream once a week with their own student. It seems like there are lots of good players still active in the community, but don't stream much any more for whatever reason. This may be incentive to start up again.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
February 14 2011 16:09 GMT
#48
Man, I would love to go on and play with Kaspra but its 4am the streaming time
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
KasPra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Estonia983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 17:06:41
February 14 2011 16:31 GMT
#49
On February 15 2011 00:04 Cedstick wrote:
Hey Sayle, you could maybe find other enthusiastic BW A/B-rankers to stream once a week with their own student. It seems like there are lots of good players still active in the community, but don't stream much any more for whatever reason. This may be incentive to start up again.


It's not 100% a mentor-student streaming session, it's a show where we mostly discuss about things and watch replays and stuff. It's more about the viewers than it's about me. I'm not some random dude, i'm the sidekick and a co-host.

Or at least uh... i like to think that i am one. o_o'

Oh and by the way, i mostly play the 100% korean standard BW and mostly practice just 1 match-up, 1 build, 1 map per time for weeks because it's a ridiculously fast way to get better at the game and that is what i am aiming for So you wont be seeing goliath timing attacks vs zerg and observer blinding vs protoss.
sCCrooked
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1306 Posts
February 14 2011 16:49 GMT
#50
On February 14 2011 20:44 Sayle wrote:
I've talked about the race issue with KasPra and a few other people already and it's hard to find a good solution. Your idea is cool, but would that mean doing the show 3 days a week, one day per hero? Not sure if I have that kind of time :p

An idea just occurred to me though. Since I'll be inviting guests from the other races, maybe I can announce them beforehand and get some viewer-submitted replays as well. Will keep this idea in mind and let you guys know on the show and in the OP if we decide to go with this.


Well you wouldn't necessarily have to do it three times a week, you just make the feature twice as long (maybe 2 hours instead of 1) and you just have all three heroes there as if its a small class. You have a large network of gosus able to offer feedback and virtual lessons and it'd be nice to see the concepts gradually applied until said students are no longer Ds but rather solidly high Cs to Bs. They "graduate", become "alumni", and are then available to join their teachers rather than being the students for next time.

This might actually give some of the lower ranks hope that "look, it CAN be done. You CAN ascend beyond red and yellow ranks", as many regard it as impossible on a level such as iCCup without going through basically progamer-level training. You could use these "example players" as a way of showing it can be done on a fairly casual level and that might bring people back into iCCup itself. I dunno about you, but I'm tired of seeing 400 for "Players online" whenever EU is mostly offline.
Enlightened in an age of anti-intellectualism and quotidian repetitiveness of asinine assumptive thinking. Best lycan guide evar --> "Fixing solo queue all pick one game at a time." ~KwarK-
CooDu
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia899 Posts
February 14 2011 23:34 GMT
#51
This looks great! Going to check this out tonight and get some BWAI going aain. Feels like forever since I played BW a lot. Don't think I'll take it to ICCup just yet though.

Keep up the good work!
Just a simple guy, going wherever this journey takes me.
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
February 15 2011 00:14 GMT
#52
i will enjoy watching these casts
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
pbjsandwich
Profile Joined August 2010
United States443 Posts
February 15 2011 21:45 GMT
#53
lol i'm Always 1 out of 3 people watching the practice stream!

I just started playing BW seriously and I enjoy watching it. I'm really learning a lot from watching how to play BW in FP.
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
February 16 2011 01:41 GMT
#54
Ah, noobs teaching noobs. I'm loving it.
Brood War loyalist
KasPra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Estonia983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 02:04:45
February 16 2011 02:04 GMT
#55
On February 16 2011 10:41 meegrean wrote:
Ah, noobs teaching noobs. I'm loving it.


We're actually just helping new players to get a hang of the game. I wonder why would you try to offend people that are supporting a game you like?
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
February 16 2011 02:25 GMT
#56
On February 16 2011 11:04 KasPra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2011 10:41 meegrean wrote:
Ah, noobs teaching noobs. I'm loving it.


We're actually just helping new players to get a hang of the game. I wonder why would you try to offend people that are supporting a game you like?


i dont think he meant that in a bad way .. :D
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
KasPra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Estonia983 Posts
February 16 2011 02:27 GMT
#57
On February 16 2011 11:25 aimaimaim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2011 11:04 KasPra wrote:
On February 16 2011 10:41 meegrean wrote:
Ah, noobs teaching noobs. I'm loving it.


We're actually just helping new players to get a hang of the game. I wonder why would you try to offend people that are supporting a game you like?


i dont think he meant that in a bad way .. :D


Oh, if that is the case then my sincere apologies to you, meegrean.
Winterfrozz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden357 Posts
February 16 2011 23:44 GMT
#58
Excellent idea, maybe you guys can help me get out of D some day :D thanks
Jazzi!
IamBach
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1059 Posts
February 17 2011 00:29 GMT
#59
can't believe I missed this
Just listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__lCZeePG48
Winterfrozz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 01:04:43
February 17 2011 00:51 GMT
#60
etheovermind, isn't this tomorrow?


wut miss posting :D
Jazzi!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O123
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19484
Calm 2127
Shuttle 320
White-Ra 189
Mini 177
ZZZero.O 123
firebathero 71
soO 10
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1520
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4898
Liquid`Hasu646
Other Games
summit1g6790
Liquid`RaSZi2219
FrodaN2072
fl0m1322
crisheroes308
IndyStarCraft 237
Pyrionflax221
Livibee184
Mew2King53
ToD0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick928
BasetradeTV179
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 31
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• blackmanpl 31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1398
• Shiphtur682
• WagamamaTV372
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 15m
Replay Cast
2h 15m
OSC
15h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.