• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:55
CEST 12:55
KST 19:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11082 users

[Interview] OSL Semi-Final Stork vs. Modesty Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-22 01:35:24
January 21 2011 15:59 GMT
#1
(P)Stork: "Fuck yeah! Gonna win both Starleagues, bitches!"
(T/N: might have exaggerated Stork's actual words)

[image loading]


--You won 3-0 to get to the finals
▲After the AK in the WL, I actually found myself with more pressure than usual. I was really flustered after losing last night. While sleeping I actually had tears. Normally you don't get tears 4 months after laser eye surgery, yet last night a lot came out. As a result, it affected my practice today. So I was really relieved to sweep tonight.


--Did the loss to (Z)ZerO really hit you hard?

▲I actually practiced quite well, and my team supported me greatly. So I actually practiced more for it than my PL games. After last night's loss, I believe I'll 3-0 him the next time we meet. Last night's loss definitely affected me negatively tonight.


--So how did the loss actually affected you?
▲At first it wasn't too bad, but it was compounded by an assortment of other problems, some non-SC related. As a result I was pissed off the whole time I was practicing for today. My concentration was bad, and didn't really get good practice results. I'm really lucky to have won.

--Your play was nearly flawless

▲The first map is Aztec, not one I care for personally. Supposedly it's really favorable for Protoss. But I think it's more of a zerg map. So I did not like the fact that it could be played twice to day. The first win therefore really helped a lot.

--You've lost on the 2nd map(Gladiator) before. Did you feel extra pressure?
▲I did lose to (Z)Shine[kaL], but at that time I didn't prepare properly. Felt it was a bad protoss map. But after preparing for it now, I feel it's a pretty good map.

--You dominated the 3rd game.
▲I was most worried about this map(Pathfinder). It has an incredibly high rate of early game rushes. Now terrans can just wall off. But for protoss, there's a lot of luck involved in deflecting cheese. So once I was certain (Z)Modesty wasn't cheesing, I knew I could win.

--You are the first protoss to get to 4 OSL finals
▲I already forgot how many times I've been to the finals. Yeah, only (T)BoxeR, (T)NaDa, and (Z)July have done this. Protoss is a hard race to play, so I'm really glad to have made it this far. But there's still a long road ahead for me.(T/N: Stork didn't mention the recent players who have also made the list of 4+ OSL finals. Probably because he didn't bother updating his internal list of such players.)

--Your finals opponent is (T)Fantasy
▲Happy to play against (T)Fantasy. This time the finals map really favor me. So I have a very good chance to win.

--You are playing in both star-leagues

▲Last night's loss really hit me hard. But I'm going to do my best to play well in both star-leagues. I know yesterday, MBC announcers said I'm only concentrating on the OSL. I want to say that's not true. I'm battling for both. I want to win both.

--Rainbow will perform before the finals. Your thoughts?
▲Before I really liked Wonder Girls. I'd go see their concerts during breaks. Now I've become a Rainbow fan, so I'm definitely going to watch them perform. Very pumped that they're going to be there.

--You have the most male fans. Why?
▲I don't really know. I think my popularity rose after showing off my body. Recently though, there are some female fans who yell, "Not all your fans are male." Very happy to have so many fans.

--Final thoughts?

▲Gwangju is a sad place for me. Shortest OSL final ever. I felt I let my fans there down. But this time, I'm in much better shape. And I'm going use that defeat to drive myself even harder.
And to my teammates who helped me practice. My wallet's by my bed. There's 200K Won inside to treat you guys to a meal.

Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2011-01-21/24190.html

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Meh
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 16:07:16
January 21 2011 16:01 GMT
#2
Thank you!! ^^V

STORK 3-0 WHATTA BOSS!! Yeahhhh~

:O I'm concerned for his health though...I hope the sweep today helps his feel better :3

Sort of surprising that stork may be among the very best in the history books, though! I had no idea as to how successful he really has been. Song Byung Goo hwaiting~
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
nozaro33
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Taiwan1819 Posts
January 21 2011 16:05 GMT
#3
--Final thoughts?
▲Gwangju is a sad place for me. Shortest OSL final ever. I felt I let my fans there down. But this time, I'm in much better shape. And I'm going use that defeat to drive myself even harder.
And to my teammates who helped me practice. My wallet's by my bed. There's 20K Won inside to treat you guys to a meal.

Yeah the Flash 3-0 was just brutal... BUT THIS TIME IT'S DIFFERENT
SONG BYUNG GOO FIGHTING!!!!
#1 Flash / #2 NaDa / #3 Stats fan / KT fan for life
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
January 21 2011 16:08 GMT
#4
Stork: Even through tears, he still dominates. What a beast. And about him showing off his body- he said in another interview when looking back when he had stripped he remarked, "Yeah, I remember that, and looking back on it... What the heck was I thinking back then?! *Laughs*" Looks like that stripping paid off a lot more than you thought.

Thanks for the translation! Man, it's going to be so awesome to see the Incruit OSL redux: Revenge match edition! And did it really say 20K won? That's only $20, did they not say 200K won?
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 21 2011 16:12 GMT
#5
Yeah, it was 200K. Left out a zero there.
Meh
Renkaoru
Profile Joined October 2010
390 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 16:14:57
January 21 2011 16:12 GMT
#6
Another baller interview by Stork. From the first answer alone, you can tell it's golden. Which other progamer opens an interview by saying that he cried alot the night before?

Thanks for translating, baubo!

Edit: FUCK YEAH STORK HWAITING!!
God is in His heaven. All is right with the world.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
January 21 2011 16:18 GMT
#7
in the DES interview stork admits to crying after he lost to zero

cool
plaszczka
Profile Joined August 2007
Poland376 Posts
January 21 2011 16:21 GMT
#8
Song Byung GOO
FIGHTING!!!
I apologize for all my english mistakes. I used to write really good senteces in this lenguage, but nowadays, i smoke too much weed and drink too much vodka. So you must forgive me :)
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
January 21 2011 16:22 GMT
#9
CMON STORK!!! DUAL LEAGUES FTW!!!
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
January 21 2011 16:23 GMT
#10
Thanks for the translation, who did Fantasy beat in the other semi final?
I am not good with quotes
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 21 2011 16:23 GMT
#11
So happy to see Stork dominating.

Hopefully he can finish this OSL run out by defeating Fantasy again in the Finals. GO STORK!
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
January 21 2011 16:31 GMT
#12
thats nice for Stork, but there is still JD in the MSL.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 21 2011 16:32 GMT
#13
Thanks!

Stork hwaiting!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Neighbor
Profile Joined May 2009
United States119 Posts
January 21 2011 16:33 GMT
#14
Storky has this OSL in the bag.

Hand Fantasy his silver mouse!
Baddieko
Profile Joined October 2008
Singapore855 Posts
January 21 2011 16:43 GMT
#15
stork played awesome and modesty is back to his actual skill level. But what's with zerg playing off 4 bases from the start right now. 3 base to 5 hat don't work anymore?
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
January 21 2011 16:46 GMT
#16
Love the translation notes.

Don't remember stork mentioning maps so much before. Always thought that was a bisu thing.

Stork hwaiting.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
oo_xerox
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States852 Posts
January 21 2011 16:47 GMT
#17
i remember stork losing to flash in the gomtv.......dunno why this interview reminded me of those games so much......oh well gl stork you da man
I could get a more coherent article by gluing a Sharpie to a dog's cook and letting it hump the page.
Garrl
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Scotland1980 Posts
January 21 2011 16:49 GMT
#18
SONG BYUNG GOO HWAITING.

2011 might just be the best year of BW!
Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
January 21 2011 16:52 GMT
#19
"After showing off my body"
I don't think so.
"After Daniel came to Korea".
HOLY CHECK!
CCGaunt
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States417 Posts
January 21 2011 16:52 GMT
#20
I think we know who to send a card to next.

SONG BYUNG GOO
SONG BYUNG GOO
SONG BYUNG GOO
SONG BYUNG GOO
SONG BYUNG GOO


Take me to Korea
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko144
ProTech133
SHIN 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1124
Mind 1021
Bisu 786
Larva 626
Shuttle 586
Mini 165
EffOrt 133
Soma 116
Leta 106
Zeus 101
[ Show more ]
Last 92
Hyun 85
Sexy 70
Pusan 65
PianO 55
ZerO 54
Hm[arnc] 35
ToSsGirL 34
Trap 34
sorry 31
Killer 30
Bale 25
Aegong 18
yabsab 17
Sacsri 7
JulyZerg 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe571
XaKoH 384
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1432
Other Games
gofns40005
singsing2152
crisheroes337
OGKoka 184
Mew2King126
B2W.Neo70
ArmadaUGS59
Livibee19
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick576
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 66
• LUISG 36
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8147
League of Legends
• Jankos1348
• Stunt1033
Upcoming Events
Online Event
5m
FEL
5h 5m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 5m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 5m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.