• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:29
CEST 11:29
KST 18:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9780 users

[Interview] OSL RO16 Day 6 Group A and B winners - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
December 25 2010 12:17 GMT
#61
First post here on TL and first time translating an interview (yes I am 100% Korean indeed, but my speaking and listening skills >>> reading/writing skillsx9000); thought I would translate Free's interview seeing how it's FOX vs. Stars tomorrow and Stars fans are probably wondering how their clutch Protoss player is doing. (Although my favorite Team is SKT1, I still support all Protoss players out there, even if they're on KT. ) I need all the practice I can get for my rusty Korean! (Along with my crappy Japanese; if there's any BW articles out there in Japanese I'd be happy to translate those too. ;__;)

Group D winner: (P)free

[image loading]

- Your thoughts on getting a victory after 2 losses
▲ Last time in Starleague, I won against (T)Fantasy and had a vZ 9 record winning streak, which is why it seemed like I felt pressured going against (Z)Hydra. The truth is that getting knocked out was not an option for me, but since I also haven’t been doing that well in Proleague, my pace seemed to have suddenly dropped. Thinking about it, every game of mine seemed to have been regrettable.

- You were in danger of getting 3 losses
▲ Since I was in a situation where either winning or losing would still mean elimination, I practiced and talked with others half-heartedly, but in the end, I personally wanted to do my best and did not want to go down with 3 losses.

- This match seemed to be overwhelming
▲ From watching lots of VODs, it seems that Zergs really do well on Pathfinder. Disregarding that, I personally felt that Protoss could still do as well, and with that self-confidence, it seems that the results of my efforts have finally paid off.

- Things aren’t going well with your team in Proleague
▲ It’s been really hard on me recently because of that. Since I’ve been so out of it, my games also seem to reflect this, so I hope I can return to my proper mindset soon. I know that it’s not because of me that my team has been losing so much, but since I feel really sorry towards my fellow teammates, I want to go out and start winning in Proleague quickly again. Truthfully, if I had lost again today, I would have fallen into an even deeper slump, but through this broadcasted game I rediscovered the importance of winning even once. I’ll have to start thinking about climbing up the ranks again.

- Tonight is Christmas Eve
▲ Christmas is important, which is why when I was a student I used to go to church on that day and such, but after becoming a pro gamer, Christmas doesn’t really have a special meaning anymore. Although I will be practicing hard as usual, if we can make people whether they are solo or are couples have a fun Christmas, that would be good; if our team would ignore our losing streak and be able to enjoy Christmas together with everyone else, that would be great.

- Any last words you want to say?
▲ I want to show games worthy of my name in the future. Recently I’ve been really disappointed at myself, but I won’t show that side of me anymore and will show you only good games from here on.

Source: www.fomos.kr

If there's any mistakes/typos, please point them out!


Also, I'd like to add a little "Lost in Translation" section here.
With translations, it's hard to convey the original tone of the speaker. Free here sounded like he had lost quite a lot of confidence in himself before finally winning a game against Modesty, so he seemed really relieved. It seems that the Stars team is in a really heavy mood after all of their losses recently, but with Free gaining a bit of self-confidence again, we may see a renewed Stars team tomorrow. Let's hope that Free comes through the clutch again tomorrow! Stars hwaiting! (And T1 too, I hope they crush MBC tomorrow, even though I do have a soft spot for them. xP)

And yes, it is indeed a bit sad how pro gamers have no time to celebrate Christmas and have to spend all their time practicing for matches instead. But hey, they have fanclubs and get showered with gifts from their fans, so... I digress.
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
December 25 2010 12:35 GMT
#62
Also, to cheer up any Jaedong fans out there:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Random comment from Fomos: "아 맞다 나 MSL은 남았지"/"Ah that's right, I still have the MSL left over"
Don't forget about that! ;P
I have nothing to cheer up Flash fans out there though. Uhh, KTFlash be tearin' it up lately in PL?

In other news, Korean netizens are just like us here; they're shocked, shaking and crying over Flash and Jaedong getting knocked out of the OSL, but some, like others here, are sick of FvJ finals for the umpteenth time and want new blood. I'm pleased to say that most people out there seem to be supporting Stork to be champion.

GO STORK GO FOR THE GOLLLLLLLLLLD YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOUR TIME HAS COME-
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
December 25 2010 12:36 GMT
#63
Kal is just awesome, smugtoss all the way.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
structuralinertia
Profile Joined June 2009
Australia1426 Posts
December 26 2010 01:07 GMT
#64
thanks spica cool free interview
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 26 2010 01:12 GMT
#65
yay kal!
man now Hogil decides to play a good game and beat JD..
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
December 26 2010 02:10 GMT
#66
Mind is just scared of Stork. He knows he can't win a championship if Stork is playing.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
December 26 2010 02:13 GMT
#67
Thanks for the interview! I hope Mind will make it...
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2276
Bisu 470
Hyuk 422
Killer 105
Dewaltoss 94
Larva 91
Leta 80
Sexy 78
EffOrt 76
Soma 68
[ Show more ]
ZerO 62
Light 49
ToSsGirL 47
soO 41
Yoon 34
Sharp 34
Aegong 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 20
NaDa 16
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Shinee 13
JulyZerg 10
Rush 8
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1111
byalli779
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1056
crisheroes554
Other Games
gofns30060
singsing1473
olofmeister999
ceh9659
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS51
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2389
League of Legends
• Stunt404
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 31m
OSC
12h 31m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.