• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:12
CEST 14:12
KST 21:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12086 users

[Interview] OSL Ro36 Groups J, K Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-26 21:33:30
November 26 2010 21:13 GMT
#1
fuck it all

Hydra

[image loading]


You've now reached the Ro16 twice in a row.
I put a lot of effort into preparing, and I'm glad to get this result.

Your opponent was ZvZ master Kwanro.
I'd once lived with Kwanro [T/N they were both on CJ at one point, I think], so we're on excellent terms. This made his playstyle very clear, so I told myself not to think too hard during the match.

After you lost game 1, it seemed like you didn't know how to handle it.
I thought I would win game 1, but I didn't have as many mutas as I expected, so I collapsed. Even though I lost the first game, it helped me warm up my hands. Then I felt that if I took game 2, everything would be OK.

In this OSL, hite's players have generally been doing poorly.
Everyone is outstanding in practice, so perhaps they just got unlucky. Next season, we'll definitely do better, so I hope nobody feels set back, and we can continue to work hard.

You'll be playing in SPL again soon; won't it be tough?
It's lucky that the maps are more or less the same, so it's not that bad. Even if I only practice one or two days in advance, it'll be enough.

Who do you want to face in the Ro16?
None of the players in the Ro16 are easy opponents [T/N hyuk is], so there isn't a player I want to face especially. No matter who I end up fighting, I'll play an intense game.

Goal for this OSL?
I want to get into the Ro4. Playing in the Ro36 is too tough, so I want to get to the semis and get seeded.

Anything else?
When Hogil and I practiced ZvZ together, he played really well. I hope he isn't too anxious today, so he can do well. Thanks to all the teammates who helped me practice, especially our b-teamer Cola who practiced with me until very late at night. Big, big thanks to him.

http://bbs.plu.cn/viewthread.php?tid=1363449&extra=page=1&filter=type&typeid=25



Hogil

[image loading]


Your thoughts on finally entering the Ro16 after a hard-fought battle?
Since I passed Courage, I've been challenged non-stop, and today I've finally succeeded. I'm ecstatic.

How were today's games?
In televised games, my ZvZ has always been horrendous, and today I had difficulty too. I guess that since I practiced so hard, I was able to advance today. I'm happy about that.

At the end of the 3rd game, it looked like you weren't willing to use your resources.
I wasn't sure whether my opponent still had any resources of his own, so I knew I had to conserve them. I wanted to wait for the situation to change, so I could see whether to build workers or make spores, but the game was stagnant and I kept my resources.

Game 3 ended up requiring a regame.
It was impossible to win, but as I played, my chance of success rose. But once I was put back into a disadvantageous position, I decided to make spores for defense. It looked like the judge had an issue. In practice, I would never have made that type of mistake, so I guess my lack of experience was the biggest factor. [T/N unsure, since that was some brilliant play to force a regame]

Did the decision of a regame affect your later games?
I was thinking that game 3 was a sure loss for me, but I turned it into a draw, so I was indifferent about the regame decision. It didn't have much of an impact.

Before today, hite's players had generally done poorly in the OSL.
That trend wasn't too concerning to me. I felt that if I played well it would all work out.

Zero's recent ZvZ has been incredibly powerful.
Compared to Zero, I'm very lacking, but I had more ZvZ games under my belt, so I still had confidence.

This is going to be your first time participating in the OSL group ceremony.
It will be my first time, and I'm a bashful person, so I'm not going to do anything outrageous.

Goal for this OSL?
I don't have any particular goal. Because this is my first OSL, I just want to play well in the Ro16.

Anything else?
It looked like the spectators in game 3 were very melancholy. I'm very sorry, in the future I'll definitely work hard and play spectacular games. Thanks to the coaches who put all their effort into helping me practice.

source: http://bbs.plu.cn/viewthread.php?tid=1363626&extra=page=1&filter=type&typeid=25
Translator:3
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
November 26 2010 21:41 GMT
#2
Too bad for Zero , but i did Expect Hydra actually. Thanks for the translations man!

Hydra's lookin good, he can do this. I'm a fan.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
November 26 2010 21:43 GMT
#3
turkey wins on turkey day. it was destined.
boomer hands
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
November 26 2010 21:58 GMT
#4
Wth Hogil?
▲ ▲ ▲
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
November 26 2010 22:04 GMT
#5
Happy for those guys, I think they both deserved their qualification in one way or another.
Thanks for the translation too !
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
November 26 2010 22:04 GMT
#6
hogil's fucking up my liquibets :<

die hogil! dieee.

yay hydra :D
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-26 22:10:10
November 26 2010 22:09 GMT
#7
On November 27 2010 07:04 Conversion wrote:
hogil's fucking up my liquibets :<

die hogil! dieee.

yay hydra :D

i think hogil and hydra fucked up pretty much everyone's liquibet
i actually rose by about 100 rank factoring in these 3 OSL groups and most recent MSL group

whoops, this is because these 3 OSL groups were worth 0 liquibet points
Translator:3
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
November 26 2010 22:29 GMT
#8
i love how hogil is called 火鸡 = turkey in moktira's stream
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 26 2010 22:41 GMT
#9
On November 27 2010 07:29 saltywet wrote:
i love how hogil is called 火鸡 = turkey in moktira's stream

it's because 火鸡 phonetically (huoji) sounds similar to hogil
Translator:3
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
November 26 2010 23:30 GMT
#10
whoot whoot HOGIL
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
McDonalds
Profile Joined March 2010
Liechtenstein2244 Posts
November 27 2010 00:12 GMT
#11
Ah, so Hydra and Hogil practiced together.

I'm glad to see Hydra advance again. As for Hogil, I had just assumed that his recent success would end today. I don't feel bad about being wrong there.
High five :---)
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-27 00:16:40
November 27 2010 00:16 GMT
#12
Ever since the Day[9] Daily on him I've been a Hogil fan.
Hogil Fighting!

thanks for translation infinitestory
KTY
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
November 27 2010 03:33 GMT
#13
Set 3 of Zero vs Hogil is one of those matches that will gown down in BW history.
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
November 27 2010 18:32 GMT
#14
Hogil actually planned the forced regame, he just doesn't want to admit it
zanzib
Profile Joined December 2009
China152 Posts
November 27 2010 20:35 GMT
#15
As much respect (Z)ZerO has garnered with his play over the years, it's nice to see some underdogs who rarely get to be in the limelight. I respect the perseverance, to practice all day, trying hard and enduring all challenges and burdens of being a lower tier player (amongst other things that TL like to poke fun of in the case of (Z)HoGiL).

Congrats to (Z)Hydra and (Z)HoGiL!
Sometimes backwards is forwards.
fofa2000
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada548 Posts
November 27 2010 20:59 GMT
#16
What actually happened in hogil-Zero sets 3?
-smells likes tasty soup, what's the menu?-fresh jaedong style marine stew served with a glass of dragoon slush!-The food's any good?Quite unusual names, never heard-all my food's good, the kitchen's this way-btw whatu terarn doing alone in a zerg colony?
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 28 2010 01:12 GMT
#17
On November 28 2010 05:59 fofa2000 wrote:
What actually happened in hogil-Zero sets 3?

zero got more mutas than hogil, but hogil decided to morph like 4 spore colonies right next to his remaining buildings
hogil had enough money to build drones, but he couldn't mine because zero had so many mutas
zero had no drones left

draw
Translator:3
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
November 28 2010 15:08 GMT
#18
although they ruin my liquibets i cant be mad at them x)

thanks for the translation
ace hwaiting!!
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
November 28 2010 22:42 GMT
#19
TY for the translation!!! But where's Shine's interview?
SUNSFANNED
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 28 2010 22:45 GMT
#20
On November 29 2010 07:42 BrownBear wrote:
TY for the translation!!! But where's Shine's interview?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=172050
Translator:3
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings103
CranKy Ducklings SOOP37
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko298
SHIN 155
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28981
Hyuk 1387
Shuttle 1243
Bisu 1133
Mind 369
Mini 294
Larva 263
firebathero 235
EffOrt 220
Soma 186
[ Show more ]
Last 123
ZerO 106
Leta 96
Hm[arnc] 94
Zeus 77
Hyun 71
Pusan 63
Trap 37
hero 32
Sexy 32
Killer 31
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 29
PianO 28
sorry 28
Aegong 24
yabsab 13
zelot 13
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Dendi1005
qojqva742
XcaliburYe633
XaKoH 449
Gorgc39
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1592
Other Games
gofns39145
singsing2598
B2W.Neo1168
crisheroes324
Happy298
DeMusliM230
Livibee121
Mew2King108
ToD104
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream209
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8192
League of Legends
• Jankos1719
Other Games
• WagamamaTV232
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 48m
INu's Battles
23h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.