• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:18
CEST 08:18
KST 15:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10410 users

[Interview] OSL RO36 Group L Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Chaosquo
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany154 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-26 17:10:59
November 26 2010 17:08 GMT
#1
Shine

[image loading]

Q: Your thoughts on making the RO16.
▲ I had too much luck in my matches so I won, I don't know either. I'm baffled as well.

Q: Your opponent was Bisu.
▲ I'm more happy about beating Bisu than making the RO16. The match got much attention from the fans, so I was under a lot of pressure. I won so I'm very happy.

Q: You managed a comeback in the first game.
▲ I wanted to gg when my base got destroyed. But Pathfinder is a map with a strange fascination to it. It was the same in the first Round, you have to hold on and try to turn the game around. I really love this map (laughs).

Q: You planned to all in Bisu in the second game.
▲ I planned to go hydra-ling, but I saw that he built many dragoons, so I knew what he was up to. I was thinking about playing it this way (T/N I guess all-in), and I killed the cannons, so I got the right timing. The goon micro was very good, so I had to fight very hard, but I got the opening advantage, so I won in the end.

Q: You are only very strong when facing Bisu.
▲ Rather than being very strong when facing Bisu, I would say I'm very lucky in the OSL. Although Bisu is much better than me, I was just so lucky, so I won. (laughs).

Q: Your goal this time around.
▲ Making it out of the preliminaries already fullfilled my goals. I can now take part in the group stages, I think this is where the real OSL begins, I will do my best. I have to fight against 15 excellent players, so I have to be more careful during the matches.

Q: Any final words.
▲ My teammates and coaches helped me very much for my matches against Suny and Bisu, also the support from the fans and family gave me great strength. I know I have to work on many areas, but your support let me make it to the RO 16. I'm really grateful for that.

Source: http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=218150
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
November 26 2010 17:12 GMT
#2
Well, who would have expected this.
+ Show Spoiler +
inb4 bisu rage
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
November 26 2010 17:12 GMT
#3
Ugh, the most hated player by all Protoss fans!

After he got lucky the 1st game, he decides to cheese in the 2nd...
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
November 26 2010 17:13 GMT
#4
ah, just as i was starting to hate you less and less
boomer hands
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
November 26 2010 17:13 GMT
#5
On November 27 2010 02:12 whitelynx wrote:
Well, who would have expected this.
+ Show Spoiler +
inb4 bisu rage


i called it the moment i saw the potential for bisu vs shine

shine brought yong taek back kekekekekeke
IcyPringle
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada210 Posts
November 26 2010 17:14 GMT
#6
Gotta love Shine, showing D players across the world that cheesing can get you places...
SC2: IcyPringle.137 - Terran
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
November 26 2010 17:14 GMT
#7
It's as if Pathfinder was designed specifically for Shine to get his chance to do this, lol
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
November 26 2010 17:16 GMT
#8
On November 27 2010 02:14 IcyPringle wrote:
Gotta love Shine, showing D players across the world that cheesing can get you places...


Poor Bisu

still losing to D level cheeses

Yeah Bisu really is that bad, sry guys, you guys were cheering for someone with no skills at all.

...seriously. The more you guys insult Shine, the more you're actually insulting Bisu, who was knocked out by him. Twice.
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
November 26 2010 17:18 GMT
#9
insult is twice on bisu since he lost to shine TWICE in a starleague( was it OSL? or MSL.)
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
November 26 2010 17:23 GMT
#10
nice work shine :D

guessing bisu wasnt really back

thanks for the fast translation
ace hwaiting!!
night terrors
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
China1284 Posts
November 26 2010 17:25 GMT
#11
All this he's back he isnt talk is really dumb.

The first game was a big blunder by Bisu. The second showed some amazing micro and very unfortunate BO loss.

I guess, as it was said on the other thread, Bisu hasnt learned to forsee the allinish game that Shine plays.
Through high and low, bisu boy, through high and low.
trevabob
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom350 Posts
November 26 2010 17:29 GMT
#12
Haha yes shine :D
Bisu needed to get punted down a peg
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
November 26 2010 18:22 GMT
#13
Damn it bisu. Looks like you aren't back in form
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
November 26 2010 18:23 GMT
#14
On November 27 2010 03:22 vectorix108 wrote:
Damn it bisu. Looks like you aren't back in form

an in form bisu could lose to cheesy noobs too ...

im not saying he's back tho

Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
sinistral
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore859 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-26 18:26:26
November 26 2010 18:26 GMT
#15
Bisu got complacent and mis-micro his corsairs, which is really unfortunate considering the advantage he had in the first set. And his scouting probe lasted the longest I ever seen in my short BW stream following.

Shine deserves the second game though. Bisu just failed to scout the 3 hatch hydra build and couldn't counter well.

Shine fighting~

(´・ω・`)
Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
November 26 2010 18:27 GMT
#16
On November 27 2010 02:16 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2010 02:14 IcyPringle wrote:
Gotta love Shine, showing D players across the world that cheesing can get you places...


Poor Bisu

still losing to D level cheeses

Yeah Bisu really is that bad, sry guys, you guys were cheering for someone with no skills at all.

...seriously. The more you guys insult Shine, the more you're actually insulting Bisu, who was knocked out by him. Twice.


I don't know if this is a terrible joke or an actual misinformed opinion.
BW4Life!
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
November 26 2010 18:30 GMT
#17
hope he finds a terran futher on that kills him over. Shine is the ultimate BW OSL troll.
in The Kong line forever
LichtgestaltSC
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany166 Posts
November 26 2010 18:49 GMT
#18
I really don´t understand all the hate for shine.
Everybody (including him) knew that Bisu was the favorite to win, so he did what should be expected from him (and everybody who wants to win), he cheesed in game 2. In game 1 Bisu had a huge lead and threw it away....

Blame Bisu because
1. In both matches today he didn´t prepare for what was relatively obvious to come (a counter-attack in game 1, a cheese in game 2)
2. He underestimated Shine...again....(looking at their records, Shine is 5-3 over Bisu!!)

And for the "cheese" argument. In game 2 Bisu was going for a five-gate-dragoon-build which can also be seen as a cheesy build...

Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5927 Posts
November 26 2010 18:53 GMT
#19
Shine is so modest... :')

He made a huge comeback in game 1. And in game 2 he produced ling/dra and attacked just before Bisu could do the all in he planned to do, allowing him to slowly take the upperhand while they both kept pumping n microing men.

Great games, TyphoonZerg fighting! :D
FBH #1!
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
November 26 2010 19:05 GMT
#20
All the rage from the Bisu fans haha.

Shine is very humble. That interview especially shows it. Hope he does well as he goes deeper into the OSL.

Wemade Represent~
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft770
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 550
ggaemo 312
Stork 284
Leta 145
PianO 69
Hyuk 34
yabsab 17
Bale 15
ZergMaN 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
Reynor69
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King173
Westballz48
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor644
Other Games
summit1g9354
Coldzera 801
C9.Mang0281
PiGStarcraft187
Sick150
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick637
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2264
League of Legends
• Lourlo1123
• Stunt434
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 42m
Online Event
4h 42m
FEL
9h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.