• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:36
CEST 18:36
KST 01:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8302 users

[Interview] PDPop MST Group 2 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 12 2010 07:03 GMT
#1
Soulkey and great emerge victorious Zergs!

Soulkey

Q: This is your first time in the MSL proper. Thoughts?
A: To enter an individual league just 2 years after my debut makes me ecstatic. It's a fresh feeling. My condition wasn't incredible, so I was a bit worried, but luckily the games went very smoothly for me.

Q: Recently, your control has been excellent. What's your secret?
A: I feel like I can control as well in televised games as in practice. Since last season's end, my power level has been consistently on the rise. Learning from Zero has been very helpful.

Q: Do you think your recent game with Flash was regrettable?
A: I lost absurdly, so it was extremely regrettable. It seems that Flash is very fearsome.

Q: How did you prepare?
A: Since two maps were Proleague maps, I prepared for this and Proleague at the same time.

Q: Goal for this MSL?
A: I hope to reach the Ro8. For my current skill level, that's the highest I can set my goal. Even though there are many points I must improve on, I have set my goal high.

Q: Anything else?
A: The weather is cold, so I hope everyone stays healthy. This time, since I've entered the MSL, I'll show some excellent games.



great

Q: This is your third consecutive time entering the MSL, how do you feel?
A: I didn't think that I would be able to reach the MSL 3 times in a row, so right now I'm overjoyed. Looking toward the future, I want to enter the MSL 5 times, 6 times, 10 times in a row.

Q: Winning in the critical last game seems to have been tough. How were the games?
A: When I arrived at the stadium, I was confident I would advance 2-0. But I lost the winner's game, and in the final game I wasn't able to take the victory cleanly. I'll show my true strength in future games.

Q: Goal for this MSL?
A: At the moment, I don't have one. I'm proceeding step by step. All I hope is that I play games that make me satisfied.

Q: Recently, your team seems to be disspirited in Proleague. Why is that?
A: Right now it's just round 1, and there are still 5 rounds left. This is the round in which our team adapts to each other. Right now the rookies are playing very well, so in future games if the veterans play well our team will succeed.

Q: Anything else?
A: Today, Jangbi lost, and he looked dejected. I hope he cheers up quickly. He's our team's ace, so I hope he quickly gets it together so he can contribute his might to our team's performance.


source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-11-12/22627.html
Translator:3
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
November 12 2010 07:06 GMT
#2
Thanks infinitestory.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
November 12 2010 07:10 GMT
#3
lol Jangbi is the team's ace.

THAT'S REALLY FUNNY GREAT
Jaedong plz
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-12 07:11:33
November 12 2010 07:10 GMT
#4
He's our team's ace


I'd put more money into Great rather than Jangbi at this point.

Since January actually sent Jangbi out in an ace match recently, I am assuming Jangbi is doing well in practice? I am not sure if that speaks more of Jangbi's skill or the lack of it across the entire team.

I don't even remember the last time Jangbi played an impressive game. His so called PvZ knack is over and dead too.
iNoobSoWhat
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation370 Posts
November 12 2010 07:51 GMT
#5
On November 12 2010 16:03 infinitestory wrote:
Soulkey


Q: Goal for this MSL?
A: I hope to reach the Ro8. For my current skill level, that's the highest I can set my goal. Even though there are many points I must improve on, I have set my goal high.

WoW. He is very modest man.
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
November 12 2010 08:02 GMT
#6
Jangbi..... i still QQ when i hear of his name
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
rainei
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada1316 Posts
November 12 2010 08:06 GMT
#7
my power level has been consistently on the rise


Power level?? IT'S ON THE RIIISSSEE!!!

Thanks for the translation!
All aboard the HSY fanboat/train/ whatever form of transportation you desire!! Everyday is Sojin day
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 12 2010 08:10 GMT
#8
On November 12 2010 17:06 rainei wrote:
Show nested quote +
my power level has been consistently on the rise


Power level?? IT'S ON THE RIIISSSEE!!!

Thanks for the translation!

i definitely did that on purpose
Translator:3
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
November 12 2010 09:24 GMT
#9
Hahahah thanks for the translation, I'm glad these two made it. Too bad for shuttle, But maybe one of them can do something big.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
November 12 2010 10:51 GMT
#10
thanks for the super saiyanly good translations
Cheeseburgered
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States716 Posts
November 12 2010 11:13 GMT
#11
Since last season's end, my power level has been consistently on the rise.


pretty soon it will be

+ Show Spoiler +
OVER 9000!!!!!!111
CJ Entusman #58 | Gogogo Stats
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
November 12 2010 11:13 GMT
#12
Soulkey is way too modest, he is Ro4 material for sure.

And I feel sorry for Khan fans if Jangbi is really their ace. I was a huge fan of his a couple of years ago but he is no good today.
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
November 12 2010 13:21 GMT
#13
imho:
Soulkey = (Flash + Savior + Killer) / 3 :D

i begin to like Woongjin stars. They're the new Zerg hive mind it seems :D And they embody what Zerg TRULY have to be (SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS OMG OMG) :D
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
BloodDrunK
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bangladesh2767 Posts
November 12 2010 14:06 GMT
#14
my power level has been consistently on the rise


His power level is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, Jangbi lost, and he looked dejected. I hope he cheers up quickly. He's our team's ace


:O. I find that hard to believe.
You have the power to create your own destiny.
McDonalds
Profile Joined March 2010
Liechtenstein2244 Posts
November 12 2010 14:42 GMT
#15
Achievement unlocked~
High five :---)
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
November 12 2010 15:04 GMT
#16
Jangbi ;; Khan needs to get their shit together.
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
November 12 2010 20:01 GMT
#17
On November 12 2010 20:13 Caos2 wrote:
Soulkey is way too modest, he is Ro4 material for sure.

No way! Top 3 right now is Flash, Jaedong and Bisu. After that there's quite a few players who are pretty close. But I'd rank Stork, Free, Kal, Fantasy, Sea and Zero over Soulkey for sure. Then there's TvZ snipers like Light and ForGG who would swat him like a fly. Leta would be a challenge too.
Soulkey can't beat Snow, who is far from being a PvZ specialist. I actually think Soulkey have a very grounded view on his abilities when he's saying "he's aiming for top 8, because that's the highest his abilities can get him". Sure, if he gets lucky he can go further, but if he would think he would be one of the contenders for top 4 he would be delusional.
bbq ftw
Profile Joined September 2010
United States139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-12 20:56:35
November 12 2010 20:55 GMT
#18
On November 13 2010 05:01 ninini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2010 20:13 Caos2 wrote:
Soulkey is way too modest, he is Ro4 material for sure.

No way! Top 3 right now is Flash, Jaedong and Bisu. After that there's quite a few players who are pretty close. But I'd rank Stork, Free, Kal, Fantasy, Sea and Zero over Soulkey for sure. Then there's TvZ snipers like Light and ForGG who would swat him like a fly. Leta would be a challenge too.
Soulkey can't beat Snow, who is far from being a PvZ specialist. I actually think Soulkey have a very grounded view on his abilities when he's saying "he's aiming for top 8, because that's the highest his abilities can get him". Sure, if he gets lucky he can go further, but if he would think he would be one of the contenders for top 4 he would be delusional.

I guess I agree in general with your assessment, though because SK has beaten Stork, Fantasy, Kal ('10 WL) and Sea--I think that its reasonable to say he has a great chance of making ro8 as his results show he's capable of defeating ro8 caliber players, and an outside chance of making the semis (if he doesn't draw flash/jd/bisu).
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1205
ComeBackTV 1094
SteadfastSC891
TaKeTV 587
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 891
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex 148
ProTech129
BRAT_OK 40
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43909
Bisu 1688
Shuttle 629
EffOrt 607
BeSt 461
Larva 455
Soma 368
Mini 360
Light 284
ZerO 188
[ Show more ]
Rush 181
Hyuk 111
firebathero 85
Mong 66
Dewaltoss 64
Pusan 52
Sexy 32
ToSsGirL 32
Trap 21
Terrorterran 19
Bale 17
Shine 14
yabsab 14
Rock 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9991
qojqva1625
Counter-Strike
fl0m1172
Fnx 787
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1528
Khaldor1175
Other Games
hiko1427
FrodaN912
DeMusliM345
Livibee180
Hui .165
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe122
XaKoH 107
QueenE101
Mew2King76
C9.Mang042
ZerO(Twitch)11
CosmosSc2 10
XBOCT0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 41
• StrangeGG 31
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3978
Other Games
• Shiphtur348
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 24m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 24m
Online Event
18h 24m
FEL
23h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.