• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:28
CEST 03:28
KST 10:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8210 users

[Interview] Jaedong vs Forgg Arena Msl Final

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Normal
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 09:07:27
July 05 2010 08:59 GMT
#1
OMG ILS TRANSLATING AN INTERVIEW??!

No its not 2012 yet. Ver asked me if I could translate Forgg's interview after winning msl because no one else seemed to translate it. I looked around for it if he overlooked it, but couldn't seemed to find it myself so I translated it. There might be some forgg fans who might be curious so I decided to post it here.

Link To Original Interview
Just so you know, I didn't try to translate word for word. I just tried to get the general idea and flow of it so don't be too nitpicky. If theres anything really wrong, correct me.

Have fun reading

-How do you feel winning your first individual league title?
A: When I first started this msl, I didn’t expect to go this high and win. Even right now after winning, I still can't believe I won. I might feel it later. I want to thank the fans who supported me even through my bad games and because Jaedong played well, I feel I won by luck. I want to also say thanks to my zerg teammates who helped me practice.

-You won with an unexpected score of 3:0.
A: Before the games started I had confidence that I would win 3:0. But when I sat down in the booth I felt so nervous. So when I was actually playing I didn’t believe that I was going win 3:0

-In game 1, did you panic when you got sunken rushed?
A: I played against it a lot during practice so I didn't panic.

-After winning the first game, how did you feel?
A: Since my opponent was Jaedong, I felt that it was only one win.

-How did you feel after winning the second game?
A: I felt more nervous after being ahead 2:0, because I was just 1 win away from winning the whole thing.

-How did you prepare, since it was a final between teammates?
A: Jaedong practiced on the first floor, while I practiced on the 2nd floor. Every zerg in the team, Luxury and Calm were a big help.

-Your reaction after winning wasn't that big
A: After winning, I couldn’t believe that I won. I think even more because Jaedong was a fellow teammate. If Jaedong was on another team, I think I would have been more happy.

- Next msl, who do you want to put in your group?
A: Next msl, I plan to put the players and race that I have a bad record against in my group. I haven’t really thought of a particular player yet. Maybe I'll put Flash in my group. Even though I won against Flash this msl, I want to play him again.

- Plans on what you're going to do with your prize money?
A: I haven't really thought about it. For now, I'm thinking of giving it all to my parents.

- Any words to your family?
A: My mom, older sister and her husband came to cheer for me. I always told my parents that if I won a title I would be very happy, so I'm happy that it came true.

-Any words to your opponent, Jaedong?
A: We both practiced hard, but I think I was a bit luckier today. I hope he doesn’t feel too disappointed and continue practicing hard so that the next time we meet, we'll show great games.

- Any promises for the next msl?
A: Like this msl, I will practice hard and try my best for every single game. Even though I won, I won’t become arrogant, and will continue to show good games.

- Any last words?
A: I was able to win because of my coach. I want to say thank you to my coach and my parents. Finally, I want to thank the fans who cheered for me whether I won or lost.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 09:02:16
July 05 2010 09:02 GMT
#2
WTF

ils?!
What is this.
Wat wat wat.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
July 05 2010 09:08 GMT
#3
huh?
stet_tcl
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Greece319 Posts
July 05 2010 09:11 GMT
#4
Wow, this took you a long time, didn't it?
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
July 05 2010 09:13 GMT
#5
On July 05 2010 18:11 stet_tcl wrote:
Wow, this took you a long time, didn't it?

yeah like 1 year haha
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
July 05 2010 09:33 GMT
#6
WTF lol.
TranslatorBaa!
bioboyAT
Profile Joined July 2004
Austria1765 Posts
July 05 2010 09:47 GMT
#7
i am confused but thanks for the translation
Milchmann | DeadVessel: Milchmann pwns. I fail.
liaf
Profile Joined April 2009
Norway318 Posts
July 05 2010 10:05 GMT
#8
Why are you translating this now?
Btw this was a great final, double Oz
♥ Snute ♥ Scarlett ♥ Jaedong ♥ KeeN ♥
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
July 05 2010 10:11 GMT
#9
On July 05 2010 19:05 liaf wrote:
Why are you translating this now?
Btw this was a great final, double Oz

Well I never knew that it never got translated until recently after someone on tl pmed me about it.
Yeah I agree, it was actually a really good final imo. I dont know about others but i enjoyed it.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 10:14:35
July 05 2010 10:13 GMT
#10
On July 05 2010 19:11 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Yeah I agree, it was actually a really good final imo. I dont know about others but i enjoyed it.


A Terran would enjoy it. >=(

We should have a ZvT final where Battle Royal gets played twice IMO.
TranslatorBaa!
pvzvt
Profile Joined October 2009
Israel2097 Posts
July 05 2010 10:19 GMT
#11
was calm in oz???
cause he said and i quoted any zerg was a big help and luxury was in oz and later on left to kt
i say we dust off and nuke it from orbit
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 10:28:12
July 05 2010 10:27 GMT
#12
On July 05 2010 19:19 pvzvt wrote:
was calm in oz???
cause he said and i quoted any zerg was a big help and luxury was in oz and later on left to kt


Calm's always been in STX. He meant he practiced with the Oz Zergs + Calm + Luxury. Luxury was never in Oz either, he went from Sparkyz to KT.
TranslatorBaa!
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 05 2010 11:28 GMT
#13
))
snowdrift
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France2061 Posts
July 05 2010 12:10 GMT
#14
Contrast with this interview:

Q: Well there was that MSL with Jaedong vs ForGG
Anytime: Its one of my favorites to be honest. ForGG was VERY jealous of Jaedong taking all the leagues, not to mention even in practice Jaedong would win everything. But then now we see ForGG taking everything away in 1 league. I bet he was so happy he stuck it into Jaedong's face
NaDa. Our Lord and sAviOr shall return. Learn to nydus you scrub
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 05 2010 12:21 GMT
#15
For a very short time ForGG was the undisputed best player in the world.
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
July 05 2010 13:18 GMT
#16
Time attacker strikes again lol!

No, thank you, seriously .
oo_xerox
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States852 Posts
July 05 2010 13:23 GMT
#17
i remember now..........
tiamat colosseum and othello maybe? cant remember the maps right, but the games are stuck into my head
I could get a more coherent article by gluing a Sharpie to a dog's cook and letting it hump the page.
251
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1401 Posts
July 05 2010 13:24 GMT
#18


PRETENDER TERRAN GOOOOOOOO
"If you can chill..........then chill."
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
July 05 2010 13:37 GMT
#19
I thought this was a bumped thread lol.

Thanks for the translate even if it's waay late.:D
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
July 05 2010 13:50 GMT
#20
Thanks for the translation.

For such a legendary result, the interview is blah bland.
san-tokie
Profile Joined May 2007
Korea (South)185 Posts
July 05 2010 13:51 GMT
#21
On July 05 2010 17:59 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
- Any last words?
A: I was able to win because of my coach. I want to say thank you to my coach and my parents. Finally, I want to thank the fans who cheered for me whether I won or lost.


Was this before or after he got pushed down the stairs by Coach Cho? I was under the impression Forgg left Oz because of him..
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
July 05 2010 14:39 GMT
#22
On July 05 2010 22:51 san-tokie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 17:59 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
- Any last words?
A: I was able to win because of my coach. I want to say thank you to my coach and my parents. Finally, I want to thank the fans who cheered for me whether I won or lost.


Was this before or after he got pushed down the stairs by Coach Cho? I was under the impression Forgg left Oz because of him..


He didn't get pushed down the stairs rofl, he fell down.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
July 05 2010 15:20 GMT
#23
DAMN YOU SPOILED THE GAMES FOR ME
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Arite
Profile Joined April 2010
United States218 Posts
July 05 2010 23:29 GMT
#24
You know, I originally thought that they practiced for these games by playing with each other all day. Then I realized how illogical that would work.
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
July 05 2010 23:34 GMT
#25
this is ancient history lol.
Brood War loyalist
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
July 05 2010 23:35 GMT
#26
On July 06 2010 00:20 Itachii wrote:
DAMN YOU SPOILED THE GAMES FOR ME

YOU SHOULD KNOW THERE'LL BE SPOILERS IT'S TAGGED AS AN INTERVIEW

i completely forgot that there wasnt a translation for this interview. thats how long ago this was. wow.

forgg leaving oz is one of the best things that ever happened :D
boomer hands
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 23:37:35
July 05 2010 23:37 GMT
#27
Why would anyone bump such an old thread??

EDIT: Oh wait..
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
July 05 2010 23:39 GMT
#28
I read this wrong lol..
I read it like Forgg and not ForGG, I'm like, who the hell is forg? Anyways, thanks for the translation!!
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
NeCroPoTeNce
Profile Joined July 2009
United States513 Posts
July 06 2010 00:28 GMT
#29
On July 05 2010 22:37 SilverSkyLark wrote:
I thought this was a bumped thread lol.

Thanks for the translate even if it's waay late.:D

My thoughts exactly.
zerg all the way! Lee Jaedong hwaiting
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 06 2010 00:36 GMT
#30
Giving all the money to his parents :O what a generous guy. Thanks for the translation of course :D
TealLurker
Profile Joined June 2008
United States791 Posts
July 06 2010 00:44 GMT
#31
I approve any reason to bring up The Pretender.
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8137 Posts
July 06 2010 00:45 GMT
#32
Yeahhhhh! ForGG fo life!

So funny how pissed I was that ForGG beat Flash way back then and now I love ForGG's goofy games..
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings48
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 617
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
taco 202
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox685
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 607
C9.Mang0338
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Livibee61
ArmadaUGS48
Day[9].tv35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1045
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv35
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 32m
Stellar Fest
11h 32m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.