• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7888 users

[Interview] Leta Interviewed by SportsQ

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Jaester88
Profile Joined September 2009
United States143 Posts
May 06 2010 22:00 GMT
#1
[FomosQ] SportsQ with Shin Sang Moon (Leta), the ‘Miracle Boy’ with a Cute Charm!

[Fomos Journalist Lee Hye Lin] The Hite Ace with witty responses and grand ambitions!

[image loading]
This week’s interviewee on SportsQ, ‘Miracle Boy’, Leta.


The interviewee of Naver’s SportsQ [T/N: Naver is one of the biggest search engines in Korea.] on the fifth week of April was ‘Miracle Boy’ Shin Sang Moon (Leta). These days Leta has been showing good results in Proleague and thus been leading his team to victory. Although Leta has yet to win a medal for individual leagues, he has already long been sitting in the position of team Ace in Proleague with feats such as all-killing in Winners League.

With a variety of ceremonies and an array of interesting facial expressions, Leta kept his cute image as usual, answering even some of the heavy-weight questions with quick wit. Now we will turn to Leta of Sparkyz.


Q: Hello Leta. Could you say hi to for the readers of SportsQ?
A: Hello everyone. I’m Leta, the ‘Miracle Boy’ of Hite Sparkyz. It’s an honor to be featured on Naver’s SportsQ, and I’d like many people to come to see my active and cute side. Nice to meet you all.

Q: Your team must be in high spirits after your memorable win over MBCGame recently.
A: We prepared extra hard for our game against MBCGame, and I’m so happy we won. After three straight losses our Coach was worried too, but with the coaching staff and players working together, I think we’ve created an opportunity to take wins from opponents against whom we’ve not been doing so well so far. Our spirits are very good at the moment, so we’ll be doing well for the rest of rounds 4 and 5.

Q: Your Terran teammate go.go has made it to the Ro8 of a Starleague, do you have ambitions for individual leagues yourself?
A: I have ambitions for individual leagues, but things just aren’t working out for me in those leagues right now. So I’m trying very hard, and in the meantime I’ll polish my skills through Proleague play. In the upcoming individual leagues, I’ll show my fans good games.

Q: Which one do you want more: Ongamenet’s Golden Mouse, or MBCGame’s Golden Badge?
A: Both are very appealing. If I were to pick one, though, I want the Golden Mouse. For a gamer, a mouse is precious, and without a mouse you can’t do anything in games ^^.

[image loading]
Leta has shown us many ceremonies.


Q: What is your most memorable ceremony, and was there a ceremony from a different player that you thought, ‘I could have made it look cooler if I did it’?
A: Well, the first time I did a round-house kick; back then I was so confident and had much fun with ceremonies. After that I wanted to establish a cuter image, so I did stuff like the Bo-Beep dance. These days I can’t find a cute dance, so I’m restraining myself, but when I find one, I’ll do them again. Wait for them.

Q: What is the secret to your cuteness?
A: A secret to cuteness? First of all, you need to convince yourself that you’re cute, then you need to have the confidence so you don’t shy away ^^.

Q: Which do you want to hear more: that you’re cute or that you’re cool?
A: I want to hear both. I want to be cute in some aspects and cool in others, and whichever one I hear, it’s a good thing.

Q: Our last interviewee, Caster Sung Seung Hyun, certified in DCInside Starcraft Gallery, do you have thoughts to do the same?***
A: I don’t know. I guess I want to if I get the chance, but if you ask me straight up if I can certify, I’m a little surprised and embarrassed, so I don’t really know.

Q: What is TvP to Leta?
A: I’m good at TvP… I’m good at it and I’m confident in it. I suppose this question’s being asked because I showed some weakness in it at some point, but I’ll practice TvP really hard so that I won’t get these kinds of questions, actually, make it so that I can receive questions like ‘How is your TvP so good?’

Q: You’re very behind in head-to-head stats against Jaedong, if you were to pick one game that you were most disappointed in losing to him, which one would it be?
A: I’m really disappointed in the game I just lost in Ace match very recently. There was something I prepared, but I couldn’t really do it, and lost disappointingly. Next time, I’ll prepare really really hard and defend all of Jaedong’s keen timings and show him my own timing. I’ll catch up to him one game by one.

Q: Jaedong recently said in an interview that your style of Terran was easy to play against. How do you feel about that?
A: After hearing that I was quite angry at myself. So I want to get my revenge on Jaedong, and because Jaedong’s giving me motivations such as this one, it lets me grow as a gamer. I’ll need to work on my skills so that the next time we need, I can win.

Q: Who is Jaedong to you?
A: A fun opponent? I’m still not at his level yet, but those kinds of opponents lets me know myself, and he makes me realize how much effort I need to put into the game to beat opponents like him.

[image loading]
He has become Hite’s captain starting last month.


Q: You’ve recently become the team’s captain. How do you feel?
A: My responsibilities have grown. I need to be a role model for my teammates, so I think twice before I act, and say less than I used to ^^; I used to chat a lot to my teammates, but after I’ve become captain, I’ve done it less. So to get friendly with them again, I’ve been trying to talk to them more again recently.

Q: What has changed the most since you’ve become the team’s captain?
A: I sit next to the Coach now ^^. Like the rumor of Hwaseung’s electric chair, our team’s been developing something like that too.

Q: What’s the present you want most for your birthday?
A: Disney Land? I’m just kidding. There’s nothing in particular. I would just be happy and thankful that someone would be there to remember and celebrate my birthday. It’s because of people like that that I try harder and realize that I’m not alone.

Q: You enjoy using wraiths in your games; what are wraiths to you?
A: Wraiths are… units responsible for increasing my TvZ win rate? A lot of people enjoy my games when I use wraiths, and so I in turn enjoy using them in my games as well. But when I kept only using wraiths I noticed my TvZ win rate was slowly dropping. Once in a while, I want to still use them, while gradually changing my style.

Q: We’re making a highlights video of your games; is there a game that you’d like to see on it?
A: It’s the game that should remind people of the ‘Miracle Sparkyz’: the one between me and HiyA. I think that’s my most memorable game.

Q: Between you and go.go, who do you think is better-looking?
A: I think I’m cuter, and better looking. Go.go might get this question himself when he gets older and gets some media spotlight, but until then, I think I’m better.

Q: Do you have an idol group that you like?
A: An idol group… I’m a little scared to answer because of fans… ^^; I’ve always liked DongBangShinGi, it’s regretful that they haven’ been perform together nowadays. I’d like to see them perform together again. If I were to pick another one… Four Minute? I like their songs, so I enjoy listening to them.

Q: Your team’s sponsored by Hite [a beer company], do you drink beer often? If you do, how much can you drink?
A: I don’t drink often. When I do feel like drinking once in a while, I don’t just blindly drink Hite all the time, but after having tried different kinds of beer, Hite does seem like the best one. And the Hite commercials are really funny; I think I would do well in a Hite commercial. My drinking capacity is about average, I think.

Q: If you were reborn as a woman, which progamer would you like to date?
A: What an intriguing question? Among the progamers… Jaedong? I think Jaedong would be good. Maybe I love him already…

Q: Who is Chang Seok Jun (Bassy) to you?***
A: Uh… mmm… he was a once in a lifetime tackle. Since I tackled him once, I’m hoping that he brings me good news ^^.

[image loading]
Natural cuteness: one of Leta’s charms.


Q: Your height is listed as 170cm on Naver, 173cm on your fan café, and 172cm on KeSPA. What is the truth?
A: 178? 180? I think I’m about that tall, aren’t you underestimating my height? If you see me in person, I look really tall. On TV, for some reason I look really short. Maybe it’s the camera.

Q: I understand that you used to train HapGiDo [a martial art]. Do you still exercise often?
A: I don’t exercise at all these days ^^; I want to, but I don’t have time, and it’s also difficult physically now since I’m so out of practice. I used to be so flexible; now I’m all stiff and that’s too bad. So I at least try to do some stretching exercises pretty frequently.

Q: Have you thought about what you wanted to do after you retire as a progamer?
A: Coach of Sparkyz? If our Coach retires I want to take his place.

Q: You’re currently at 97 wins on Proleague, three away from 100. How do you feel?
A: At first I thought 100 wins would be difficult, and was envious of those who achieved it, but now, since I’m so close, it’s really amazing.

Q: Since you’re three wins away, do you want to name three players that you would like to beat in order to get to 100?
A: The schedule says we’re playing eSTRO, WeMade, and STX in that order, so I want to take down each of the Aces of these teams. eSTRO’s Really? WeMade’s NaDa? STX’s TossGirl? I think that would be a nice list to get to 100 ^^.

Q: What do you think is the best dance, Yellow’s Kong Dance, NaDa’s dance, or your Bo Beep Dance?
A: Of course my Bo Beep dance is the best. First place is me, and then I suppose I have to rank the other two; Kong Dance is number 2, and NaDa’s dance is number 3.

Q: Who’s your closest friend in the Sparkyz House?
A: I’m really good friends with go.go. He’s a funny guy whose personality is all over the place.

Q: Between Yongsan and Moonrae Stadiums, which do you like better?
A: Yongsan by far. That place feels like home to me, and sometimes I’ll win just because I’m not nervous there.

Q: Do you have a six-pack?
A: I guess you’re thinking I have a six-pack because I do HapGiDo, but the greater the expectation, the greater the let-down. It’s been so long since I’ve exercised regularly, so I have a cute belly ^^.

Q: Have you ever left your own reply in any of the e-sports community websites? Be honest please!
A: I’ve never done it. But around me I’ve seen players write flames about other members of the team. If there is an article about Hite Sparkyz and you see replies saying bad things about a certain member of the team, it may have been one of our own teammates haha.

[image loading]
’Smile Boy’ looks best when he’s got a big smile on.


Q: Your goals of 2010?
A: Proleague Championship, MVP, Most Wins, and Championship of both OSL and MSL; I want to do them all! You may say that my goals exceed my reach, but my parents are always there supporting me so that I can reach my goals. So I’ll make sure that I can reach all my dreams before I retire my career as a progamer. Please cheer for me!!

Q: Please say some parting words to your fans.
A: I talked with my fans for an hour, but it seems like time flew by so quickly and there’s more I want to say, but there’s always next time. I haven’t shown off all my charm yet, so stay tuned and I’ll try my best to show everyone the charm of Leta in the future as well. I’ll show my fans good results in individual leagues from now on, and be a progamer that provides joy to those who cheer for me! Fighting~!!! ^O^


*** I don't understand what these two questions are asking, and subsequently don't understand the answers for them either. They're not very important questions, though, so I'm just gonna leave them the way they are, unless someone knows what they're talking about, and leaves a comment explaining it. Credit will be given to you, of course, if you do.


Source:
http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106338&db=issue
fly.stat
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States449 Posts
May 06 2010 22:06 GMT
#2
On May 07 2010 07:00 Jaester88 wrote:

Q: Your goals of 2010?
A: Proleague Championship, MVP, Most Wins, and Championship of both OSL and MSL; I want to do them all! You may say that my goals exceed my reach, but my parents are always there supporting me so that I can reach my goals. So I’ll make sure that I can reach all my dreams before I retire my career as a progamer. Please cheer for me!!


Funny because Flash actually has a good chance at this, and it seems ridiculous for anyone else.
Until I write you again, take care of your precious person.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-06 22:18:14
May 06 2010 22:16 GMT
#3
Hahah wow this interview is funny on so many levels, homo for JD, Yellow's dance being ranked #2 of course, endorsement of Hite beer and how he maintains his image. I loled quite a few times.

Q: If you were reborn as a woman, which progamer would you like to date?
A: What an intriguing question? Among the progamers… Jaedong? I think Jaedong would be good. Maybe I love him already…
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-06 22:16:43
May 06 2010 22:16 GMT
#4
LOL HE WANTS TOSSGIRL AS HIS 100TH WIN
Leta so awesome :O
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
May 06 2010 22:19 GMT
#5
tossgirl, the ace of STX
I drop suckas like Plinko
bbq
Profile Joined January 2010
United States49 Posts
May 06 2010 22:19 GMT
#6
On May 07 2010 07:00 Jaester88 wrote:

Q: If you were reborn as a woman, which progamer would you like to date?
A: What an intriguing question? Among the progamers… Jaedong? I think Jaedong would be good. Maybe I love him already…


he's got a mancrush on Jaedong, or.. or is it something more than that?
Catch]22
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden2683 Posts
May 06 2010 22:26 GMT
#7
Leta hwaiting!
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
May 06 2010 22:42 GMT
#8
^more enthusiasm, now.

LETA HWAITING!
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
ilj.psa
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Peru3081 Posts
May 06 2010 22:42 GMT
#9

On May 07 2010 07:00 Jaester88 wrote:

Q: If you were reborn as a woman, which progamer would you like to date?


lol what a strange question to ask
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 06 2010 22:45 GMT
#10
Haha, fun interview! Thank you very much for the translation!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
May 06 2010 22:46 GMT
#11
Ahahaahah this interview rocks ! I didn't like Leta one bit but at least I grant him that now, he's funny !
NoiR
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
May 06 2010 22:48 GMT
#12
On May 07 2010 07:42 ilj.psa wrote:

Show nested quote +
On May 07 2010 07:00 Jaester88 wrote:

Q: If you were reborn as a woman, which progamer would you like to date?


lol what a strange question to ask


There was a group ceremony question to all the progamers present of which progamer they wouldn't want to date (if they were a girl?) irc. The "winner" was go.go and one of the reasons from Kal was "I wouldn't want to date him because he looks like the type to hit me if he got mad."
Zaxro
Profile Joined November 2009
United States261 Posts
May 06 2010 22:55 GMT
#13
Very funny interview, thanks for translating. Makes me like Leta even more now, hope he starts doing well in individual leagues.
phosphorylation
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2935 Posts
May 06 2010 22:55 GMT
#14
lol yellow is second, once again
Buy prints of my photographs at Redbubble -> http://www.redbubble.com/people/shoenberg3
jiabung
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States720 Posts
May 06 2010 23:23 GMT
#15
is it lomo for homo or gaydong for jaedong?!!?
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
May 06 2010 23:31 GMT
#16
Very nice interview, too bad Leta won't be achieving any of his goals any time soon.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
May 06 2010 23:32 GMT
#17
Jaedong, the Tyrant, the Legend Killer is also Leta's cutie pie...
funnybananaman
Profile Joined April 2009
United States830 Posts
May 06 2010 23:50 GMT
#18
Haha Letas cute side xD
gogo is a G too i'm glad they're friends
Sieged_medic
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom10 Posts
May 06 2010 23:58 GMT
#19
Q: Your height is listed as 170cm on Naver, 173cm on your fan café, and 172cm on KeSPA. What is the truth?
A: 178? 180? I think I’m about that tall, aren’t you underestimating my height? If you see me in person, I look really tall. On TV, for some reason I look really short. Maybe it’s the camera.


LOLOLOLOLOL
xDDD

in that case :
[image loading]

Tallest korean SC team ever.


Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
May 07 2010 00:02 GMT
#20
awesome interview =)
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings58
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 195
ProTech134
ViBE126
SpeCial 13
StarCraft: Brood War
910 72
NaDa 20
Dota 2
monkeys_forever422
canceldota171
League of Legends
Doublelift3772
Other Games
summit1g5527
C9.Mang0389
JimRising 385
ToD125
PPMD41
JuggernautJason30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 88
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
• poizon28 29
• musti20045 23
• RyuSc2 22
• Adnapsc2 0
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra795
Other Games
• imaqtpie1152
• Shiphtur576
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.