• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:35
CEST 15:35
KST 22:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9007 users

Colorado TL Meetup

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-03 23:13:43
January 28 2010 00:02 GMT
#1
Hey, so this idea has finally started coming together. Reallogic has kindly offered us a location in Superior, which is between Denver and Boulder. We are thinking we will LAN some StarCraft and chill out.

Where: Some place in Superior. Details forthcoming.

What: TL Meet and LAN

When: When is good for you? Obviously I want as many TLers as possible to be able to make it. I'm thinking sometime within the next month. Almost certainly a weekend.

Who: We need to know how many people to expect, so post here if you are interested or able. If you have non-TL buddies who play, they are certainly welcome. Just talk to them about it and post how many guests you anticipate bringing.

On board so far:
reallogic
thopol
Viperskwa
L_Master
Meta
dyren
CVBaqq
Hypnosis
Sanity

What to bring: This will be BYOPC, so you need to bring whatever gaming equipment you need. We will probably also need a router. In fact, it would be great if someone could sign up to be the network dude. Also, we're going to be getting food somehow, so you'll need some cash for that.

This will be a no-booze event. We'll figure out some event minus sobriety for later.


This isn't really a tournament/big LAN, just a TL meetup, so I put it in BW. If a mod thinks it ought to be elsewhere, just toss it wherever.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
January 28 2010 04:04 GMT
#2
Dangit, CO meetup when I'm away in NY for school...I live in Superior too haha ;o

Good luck~!
TranslatorBaa!
Snuffy
Profile Joined July 2007
United States53 Posts
January 28 2010 04:39 GMT
#3
Lets just go the bars in Boulder....
#nerdchills
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
January 28 2010 04:51 GMT
#4
On January 28 2010 13:39 Snuffy wrote:
Lets just go the bars in Boulder....

I'd be game.

I want to do this LAN thing too, but I'd go drinking with TLers for sure.
Viperskwa
Profile Joined July 2009
United States106 Posts
January 28 2010 05:10 GMT
#5
Yo, I've got like me and 4 other people I know right off of the top of my head who would probably go. All of them are in college right now and we're all pretty busy as it is. Most of us were planning on going to the intel lanfest supposedly coming up this spring break (I just talked to the admins, nothing is confirmed on that). So I can talk to them and see if there's a weekend where we'd all be off in the next month or so. How many people can I bring? xD
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
January 28 2010 05:31 GMT
#6
I'm not exactly sure about the space we have. Reallogic can be more specific, I'm sure.

Hit me up with a good date for you when you can.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
January 28 2010 05:54 GMT
#7
I'd be interested in this for sure. Pretty much any weekend should be good for me.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
January 28 2010 06:01 GMT
#8
Awesome. I was guessing how many people would be interested based on the user locations thread, which is clearly understocked.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-28 06:15:36
January 28 2010 06:13 GMT
#9
I would probably be game for this! Living in boulder currently.. I'd be down for the bars idea if the meetup was postponed until late april or may so that I can turn 21

Aside from SC, what are everyone's gaming interests?
How many coloradoans play heroes of newerth? That could be fun to lan. What about super smash bros melee?

Put me down as a maybe (75% sure), some weekends are kind of tight for me.

edit: wow i'm surprised at how much interest there is in this. Had no idea there were so many starcraft fans in colorado
good vibes only
Viperskwa
Profile Joined July 2009
United States106 Posts
January 28 2010 06:27 GMT
#10
Lol me and my friends would be underage to drink. We're mostly 19-20 . We'd still go to the lan though. Would you guys have a big enough switch/router if everyone came over? If not I got some pretty ridiculous networking gear I could bring
reallogic
Profile Joined October 2008
United States65 Posts
January 28 2010 06:39 GMT
#11
Currently thats one of the things I'm worried about is the networking situation. Space isn't really the issue I think we can probably accommodate 15 - 20 people pretty easily, I'll have to check a few things to confirm the number though so it could be a few less or a few more depending. I'll let ya all know when I know more.

-RL
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Viperskwa
Profile Joined July 2009
United States106 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-28 06:56:34
January 28 2010 06:54 GMT
#12
Networking won't be a problem, I can definitely take care of all of the heavy duty switches and router (and possibly cabling too). Just make sure we have enough power to draw from the circuit in the room you'd like to host it in. Most bedrooms will have a 15 ampere circuit while kitches and laundry rooms will have 40 to 60 amperes. If we plug in too many computers onto a single circuit we'll blow out the fuse XDD....fun times >.>

Edit: Also forgot, I know how to get everyone able to go out on battle.net and play in the same room without lag and without changing things on the pc. So we can get people to play bgh on battle.net if we want :D
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
January 28 2010 07:03 GMT
#13
I'm thinking that going out drinking isn't the best idea given that we'd be excluding a fair number. Drinking at the house might be an option,however I guess that's totally up to reallogic or whoever it is that actually owns the place.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
reallogic
Profile Joined October 2008
United States65 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-28 07:11:35
January 28 2010 07:05 GMT
#14
Just fyi the location I'm working on is the community center of the apartment complex that I live in. A good friend of mine is the leasing director here so I'll be able to use it for free. I'll need to check out the power situation, and figure out what room we'll actually want to use ect. I'm not 100% sure that we'll actually have internet access although I'm sure there are about 10,000 unsecured routers in the complex so ... In any case like I said I'll keep everyone posted as I get some more information.

As for drinking I'm gonna say it's probably best to keep it a dry event aside from caffeinated beverages. However we could always put together a night out in Denver or Boulder for the older crowd at some point.

-RL
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
dyren
Profile Joined December 2009
United States260 Posts
January 28 2010 08:13 GMT
#15
WHAT NO WAI hollly shit. I had no idea this was even possible! I'd love to come... I live in Boulder. Anytime after the third week in February is good for me.....

Cheers guys

-dyren
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
reallogic
Profile Joined October 2008
United States65 Posts
January 29 2010 16:47 GMT
#16
Ok guys. So it looks like we'll likely have enough space for about 10 people due to a limit in the number of tables we'll have to set up with. I figure we have 4- 5 folding tables and 2 people per table so... if basic multiplication serves me thats 8 - 10 people we can have set up. I'm still checking on a few things and hopefully will get more information over the weekend.

-RL
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Viperskwa
Profile Joined July 2009
United States106 Posts
January 29 2010 16:56 GMT
#17
Sweet. I haven't been able to get in contact with the colorado springs lan admin so I can't get cabling for everyone. Everyone will have to bring their own ethernet cords (probably 10-16 feet in length). How are we doing with the ISP situation?
reallogic
Profile Joined October 2008
United States65 Posts
January 29 2010 19:35 GMT
#18
I'm pretty sure we'll have to do a closed network, i.e. no internet access. As such we'll need a router / switch to act as a DHCP server in order to dish out IP addresses etc. I don't want to put my friend in a position that could get her in trouble so I think this is just a necessary evil.

-RL
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Viperskwa
Profile Joined July 2009
United States106 Posts
January 31 2010 01:19 GMT
#19
Well I can just use my router as a huge wireless adapter for everyone if we need to stealz some interwebs. Just not horse porn or torrents and we'd be fine :D. I'm pretty sure that any company would charge a lot for temp access to the internet, if they even service that area (such as comcast). I can always call in and see if they could do such a thing.
CVBaqq
Profile Joined May 2008
Taiwan14 Posts
January 31 2010 01:30 GMT
#20
I'm interested in going. The only time would be weekends or spring break. everyone should make post up a time thats convenient for them
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1406
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 252
MaxPax 173
Rex 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64926
Calm 3694
Shuttle 3231
Bisu 1953
FanTaSy 1636
EffOrt 416
Stork 361
Soma 323
Mini 294
Hyuk 281
[ Show more ]
firebathero 270
Rush 231
Light 222
ZerO 166
Soulkey 144
Last 138
Snow 135
Zeus 114
actioN 109
Barracks 107
Killer 77
hero 62
Dewaltoss 61
Sea.KH 58
Mong 54
Pusan 46
Hyun 46
Shinee 44
sorry 43
Bale 39
ToSsGirL 35
Free 33
NotJumperer 29
Yoon 26
Shine 25
PianO 24
Sharp 21
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6327
Dendi846
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1248
kRYSTAL_159
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko429
Other Games
gofns40394
singsing2160
B2W.Neo602
hiko389
crisheroes323
DeMusliM220
byalli198
Livibee166
Hui .152
Mew2King96
Liquid`VortiX89
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 40m
Replay Cast
9h 25m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.