• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:34
CEST 15:34
KST 22:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10901 users

[FPL] WL 09-10 Discussion - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
pylonsalad
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada649 Posts
January 27 2010 08:45 GMT
#161
I just realized FPL scoring and the WL format really punishes expensive ace players on deep teams such as Effort, Calm, Flash, Bisu, Zero etc. because you can't expect them to ever get a alot of wins unless they get sent to lead off, which is rarely going to happen. Those deep teams will probably send their young prospects and A-level players before they send the S-Class ace player. It's quite possible the supporting cast can get the job done before the ace player shows up. Zero has not made an appearance yet because Woonjin doesn't need him (Woonjin doesn't need anyone besides G-Chizzle). I can see many sets where KT will not need Flash. Frankly, I expect someone like the Guem-baller to get more all-kills than Flash or Bisu because those guys will rarely be sent in before their team already has 1 or more wins. Jaedong is a different story because Oz might never win a match without him. Now I wish I spread out my FPL money more evenly across players.
JohannesH
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1364 Posts
January 27 2010 08:53 GMT
#162
On January 27 2010 17:45 pylonsalad wrote:
I just realized FPL scoring and the WL format really punishes expensive ace players on deep teams such as Effort, Calm, Flash, Bisu, Zero etc. because you can't expect them to ever get a alot of wins unless they get sent to lead off, which is rarely going to happen. Those deep teams will probably send their young prospects and A-level players before they send the S-Class ace player. It's quite possible the supporting cast can get the job done before the ace player shows up. Zero has not made an appearance yet because Woonjin doesn't need him (Woonjin doesn't need anyone besides G-Chizzle). I can see many sets where KT will not need Flash. Frankly, I expect someone like the Guem-baller to get more all-kills than Flash or Bisu because those guys will rarely be sent in before their team already has 1 or more wins. Jaedong is a different story because Oz might never win a match without him. Now I wish I spread out my FPL money more evenly across players.

I agree otherwise, but Zero did play. He started vs ACE... And lost.
If you have to ask, you don't know.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-27 08:56:04
January 27 2010 08:53 GMT
#163
On January 27 2010 17:45 pylonsalad wrote:
I just realized FPL scoring and the WL format really punishes expensive ace players on deep teams such as Effort, Calm, Flash, Bisu, Zero etc. because you can't expect them to ever get a alot of wins unless they get sent to lead off, which is rarely going to happen. Those deep teams will probably send their young prospects and A-level players before they send the S-Class ace player. It's quite possible the supporting cast can get the job done before the ace player shows up. Zero has not made an appearance yet because Woonjin doesn't need him (Woonjin doesn't need anyone besides G-Chizzle). I can see many sets where KT will not need Flash. Frankly, I expect someone like the Guem-baller to get more all-kills than Flash or Bisu because those guys will rarely be sent in before their team already has 1 or more wins. Jaedong is a different story because Oz might never win a match without him. Now I wish I spread out my FPL money more evenly across players.

Zero made an appearance, he was sent first vs Ace, probably the most coveted position of any player on an FPL team. He had the opportunity to all-kill a pretty easy team, but blew it. Bisu was sent out when it was 2-0 Samsung, and could've gotten a streak break point and at least a win or two.

If you look at the last WL standings, Bisu, Flash, and Jaedong all did very well. Bisu went 20-6 and Flash 18-4. I suppose you could argue that KT and SKT weren't as good back then, but this week SKT lost, CJ lost, and KT / STX both went to Set 7, so it's really not so bad for aces -- they all got to play.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-27 08:56:44
January 27 2010 08:56 GMT
#164
Its still very early to assume, their still at the warm-up period.

Great time to get some unexpected points from non-S* class players.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
pylonsalad
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada649 Posts
January 27 2010 09:09 GMT
#165
oops... forgot Zero started the first set. But I still think having 2 medium cost guys like Light and Best is better value for WL format than a $10 boss like Flash.
pripple
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Finland1714 Posts
January 27 2010 09:24 GMT
#166
oh wow Guemchi.. and guess what, Dalailamer has him, share those cheats of yours dude!
Jaedong! <> Team MVP <> Mouz.
Jackal03
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil7469 Posts
January 27 2010 09:30 GMT
#167
so, this WL is basically :

you got guemchi -> You win!
you got FBH on your anti -> You lose!

lol, i love WL format
BW is back
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
January 27 2010 09:41 GMT
#168
On January 27 2010 18:30 Jackal03 wrote:
so, this WL is basically :

you got guemchi -> You win!
you got FBH on your anti -> You lose!

lol, i love WL format


I have both, and I'm still doing ok.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
ndralcasid
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States524 Posts
January 27 2010 17:49 GMT
#169
I didn't pick Guemchi, but otherwise, I'm doing really well, a lot better I expected
I aint crying over some daggone danishes
JadeFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1225 Posts
January 27 2010 22:40 GMT
#170
On January 28 2010 02:49 ndralcasid wrote:
I didn't pick Guemchi, but otherwise, I'm doing really well, a lot better I expected

Yeah, same. So frustrating not to not have picked him though.

I spent like hours forming and reforming my team. I think Guemchi was on it at one point. :p
Kouda
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2205 Posts
January 27 2010 23:38 GMT
#171
Rank 16. This will prolly be my peak =].
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
January 27 2010 23:52 GMT
#172
To think I ended last round on #18, and now I sit at -3 points, with ForGG of all people being my best scorer! And I could have had Guemchi for the same price.
Pinnacle55
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore173 Posts
January 28 2010 00:01 GMT
#173
On January 27 2010 17:53 JohannesH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2010 17:45 pylonsalad wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I just realized FPL scoring and the WL format really punishes expensive ace players on deep teams such as Effort, Calm, Flash, Bisu, Zero etc. because you can't expect them to ever get a alot of wins unless they get sent to lead off, which is rarely going to happen. Those deep teams will probably send their young prospects and A-level players before they send the S-Class ace player. It's quite possible the supporting cast can get the job done before the ace player shows up. Zero has not made an appearance yet because Woonjin doesn't need him (Woonjin doesn't need anyone besides G-Chizzle). I can see many sets where KT will not need Flash. Frankly, I expect someone like the Guem-baller to get more all-kills than Flash or Bisu because those guys will rarely be sent in before their team already has 1 or more wins. Jaedong is a different story because Oz might never win a match without him. Now I wish I spread out my FPL money more evenly across players.

I agree otherwise, but Zero did play. He started vs ACE... And lost.


Lol, I remember this...I also remember some poor soul in the live report thread putting Zero on his team and Gorush on his anti the moment the line-ups came out.

Ouch is all I can say.
There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
January 28 2010 05:54 GMT
#174
Don't think Guemchi will score any point this round though.
amoeba
Profile Joined October 2004
United States283 Posts
January 28 2010 23:18 GMT
#175
The ZvZ, she is a fickle mistress.
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
January 29 2010 11:25 GMT
#176
Zero -> Fantasy and Effort -> Light. Play the lineups I guess, I can't do much else anyway.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
January 29 2010 11:32 GMT
#177
I stick with my woongji team lol.
n_n
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 29 2010 20:11 GMT
#178
WL trades are for chumps
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
January 30 2010 05:17 GMT
#179
WL spoiler:

+ Show Spoiler +
Whoever got FBH for anti can drop all hope for a decent finishing.
canucks12
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada812 Posts
January 30 2010 06:02 GMT
#180
+ Show Spoiler +
Firebathero has killed me
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 355
ComeBackTV 204
SteadfastSC182
Rex108
CosmosSc2 44
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 182
ProTech146
Rex 108
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52504
firebathero 1321
Jaedong 1224
Hyuk 922
EffOrt 499
Soulkey 442
Horang2 432
Mini 422
Soma 409
BeSt 398
[ Show more ]
Last 316
actioN 305
Stork 287
Light 273
Larva 270
Zeus 265
ggaemo 198
ZerO 177
Snow 161
Rush 140
910 121
Killer 86
Pusan 72
Mind 63
Shine 57
hero 52
Creator 48
Free 42
Yoon 40
Sharp 37
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 22
JYJ 20
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 16
yabsab 14
sorry 14
Noble 14
Icarus 7
Rock 6
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10338
Dendi739
Counter-Strike
markeloff103
edward58
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1780
crisheroes1628
Other Games
gofns37675
singsing2352
olofmeister1264
B2W.Neo905
hiko544
byalli333
XBOCT302
Pyrionflax244
Liquid`VortiX99
Mew2King90
ArmadaUGS68
QueenE55
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 2251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH288
• StrangeGG 41
• EnkiAlexander 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1526
• Nemesis940
• TFBlade364
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
Stellar Fest
23h 26m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.