• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:19
CEST 10:19
KST 17:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
https://www.facebook.com/Memogenesis.USD/ StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7643 users

[FPL] WL 09-10 Discussion - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
January 21 2010 02:01 GMT
#41
Can anyone point me to a thread with stats from last winners league round?
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-21 02:12:18
January 21 2010 02:11 GMT
#42
On January 21 2010 11:01 ruXxar wrote:
Can anyone point me to a thread with stats from last winners league round?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94242

Thank heyoka for his work. Round 3 Stats is what you want.
God Bless
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
January 21 2010 02:46 GMT
#43
I don't know if I want Sea of SkyHigh - Sea feels more reliable, but SkyHigh last WL...
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
January 21 2010 02:51 GMT
#44
On January 21 2010 09:38 Kyuukyuu wrote:
damn players are all hella expensive. seems not worth it to have a decent player that can go 50-50 with most A-class gamers (+2 win -1 loss) because it'll cost me 4-6 points when I can just get a scrub on a good team and go for team win points :\

I wanted to go with 2 power players, KT, and a team of scrubs just because of this, but I won't, because if I do this it'll be really hard to find good trades...
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 21 2010 02:55 GMT
#45
On January 21 2010 11:51 Zona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 09:38 Kyuukyuu wrote:
damn players are all hella expensive. seems not worth it to have a decent player that can go 50-50 with most A-class gamers (+2 win -1 loss) because it'll cost me 4-6 points when I can just get a scrub on a good team and go for team win points :\

I wanted to go with 2 power players, KT, and a team of scrubs just because of this, but I won't, because if I do this it'll be really hard to find good trades...


Yeah I think a lot of people have Flash/JD/KT/scrubs or Flash/JD/ACE/2-5 pointers so it's not a winning strategy and you won't really be able to trade. But trading is probably less important in WL anyway if you have Flash and JD .

The upside of everybody being overpriced is the anti-team is considerably easier to pick than last time
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
January 21 2010 05:03 GMT
#46
so many 1-point players - which ones are better? which rookies will break out of dream league?
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
TheFallofTroy
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada780 Posts
January 21 2010 05:09 GMT
#47
On January 21 2010 11:55 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2010 11:51 Zona wrote:
On January 21 2010 09:38 Kyuukyuu wrote:
damn players are all hella expensive. seems not worth it to have a decent player that can go 50-50 with most A-class gamers (+2 win -1 loss) because it'll cost me 4-6 points when I can just get a scrub on a good team and go for team win points :\

I wanted to go with 2 power players, KT, and a team of scrubs just because of this, but I won't, because if I do this it'll be really hard to find good trades...


Yeah I think a lot of people have Flash/JD/KT/scrubs or Flash/JD/ACE/2-5 pointers so it's not a winning strategy and you won't really be able to trade. But trading is probably less important in WL anyway if you have Flash and JD .

The upside of everybody being overpriced is the anti-team is considerably easier to pick than last time

Completly agree, last round the anti-team was so hard to pick, as there were so few mid-range player choices. This round there are so many high price players (7 points and up) that you have to either go all-out on Bisu/Flash/JD, or go all mid-range players (3 - 6 points) and hope that a couple of them can play better than normal.
^_^V
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
January 21 2010 05:24 GMT
#48
Jaedong won't be good for the first weeks of WL because he'll still be reeling from the rape Flash is going to give him in MSL.
Noxide
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2870 Posts
January 21 2010 05:28 GMT
#49
Picking solid players and no pointers seems a good idea, but I like messing around with trading a bit. Besides a bunch of A class players just playing without specific practice will definitely crush most others and hopefully should garner more points than just 2 S class.
Flash ひなの戦争の王である || しかし、実際にはヤフーの ファンタジーサッカー、楽しいプレー私の週末を占めている
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
January 21 2010 05:32 GMT
#50
Lol having one win in the 09 season puts you at one point..... fffff this is going to be hard.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
Blueblister
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden321 Posts
January 21 2010 05:57 GMT
#51
I didn't really use a though out strategy or analysis from the beginning, my team just sort of evolved. I think I did reasonably well considering it's my first time doing this besides betting on some random liquibet matches.

My thought process:
First I was going to choose Stats, but he was too cheap so I had to go with Tempest instead. I don't like the other players at KTF so I hope at least one of these will get to play some... well, I kind of like Luxury, especially when he tricks Leta XD...

Anyways, then I noticed I'm supposed to choose a team captain!
I need a player who could do surprisingly well and thereby elevate the team. I settled on (P)Snow. Snow has played some entertaining games, I especially like those when he gets raped by some early cheese strat, I just hope he will win more in the future.

The team slot was also interesting, I like getting things for free so I went ahead with Ace, they aren't all that bad. After this I had a lot of points and I just chose some people I thought would do well; Leta, Flash, Kwanro and Really.

"Too many points spent on main team!" Ooops! Well, this required some pondering. I sacked Kwanro and Flash and replaced them with Pure and Ruby. I hope KT are going to field some other players like I've just mentioned and if thats the case, maybe Flash has to stand aside for a bit.
Suddenly I had a waaay to low score instead, to make matters worse I had also lost my only zerg. I reasoned logically and came to the conclusion that Jaedong should be a better pic than Tempest. Finally I had to let Ruby go in favour of Yellow to attain the maximum score of 30!

For the Anti Team I just chose some zergs, namely Roro, Savior and Hero. I belive zerg will struggle against the terran flash during this spring. I tried to choose macro oriented zerg players, don't know if I succeded though...

Team Captain Snow!+ Show Spoiler +
Captain Snow!

Main Team
9 (Z)Jaedong
8 (T)Leta
4 (P)Pure
7 (T)Really
1 (P)Snow (captain)
1 (Z)Yellow
0 Air Force ACE

Anti Team
4 (Z)Hero
6 (Z)Roro
3 (Z)Savior
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-21 11:54:44
January 21 2010 11:52 GMT
#52
+ Show Spoiler +
PeaceMakers

Main Team
4 (P)Best (captain)
3 (P)Flying
5 (Z)Killer
5 (Z)Kwanro
8 (T)Leta
1 (P)Stats
4 Hwaseung Oz

Anti Team
3 (P)Much
6 (Z)Roro
4 (Z)Yarnc



Okay taking a few gambles here :
-i'm hoping for killer to be sent out a lot (tough choice against hiya but he was cheaper and Oz
wanted to give him air Time it seems.
-kwanro wasnt sent out a lot in r2 but delivered at 6-1 or so. Plus now no individual league to take care of. They have a decent lineup so it could turn out badly easily though :/
- flying and best : I BELIEVE !
- stats is up and coming, should get some air time or at least KT points.
- leta is a no brainer, as he's the only good player of his team he will play a lot.

My only fear is the anti : you never know when yarnc get out of his slump for a week or two, and roro might play well :/


We shall see !
And no jaedong cause he might not play *That* much compared to his price, and flash... Is expensive + i believe in violet.

Thanks anyway this looks promising, and sure fun.
NoiR
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
January 21 2010 11:54 GMT
#53
On January 21 2010 20:52 Nouar wrote:
PeaceMakers

Main Team
4 (P)Best (captain)
3 (P)Flying
5 (Z)Killer
5 (Z)Kwanro
8 (T)Leta
1 (P)Stats
4 Hwaseung Oz

Anti Team
3 (P)Much
6 (Z)Roro
4 (Z)Yarnc


Okay taking a few gambles here :
-i'm hoping for killer to be sent out a lot (tough choice against hiya but he was cheaper and Oz
wanted to give him air Time it seems.
-kwanro wasnt sent out a lot in r2 but delivered at 6-1 or so. Plus now no individual league to take care of. They have a decent lineup so it could turn out badly easily though :/
- flying and best : I BELIEVE !
- stats is up and coming, should get some air time or at least KT points.
- leta is a no brainer, as he's the only good player of his team he will play a lot.

My only fear is the anti : you never know when yarnc get out of his slump for a week or two, and roro might play well :/


We shall see !
And no jaedong cause he might not play *That* much compared to his price, and flash... Is expensive + i believe in violet.
-


Last round, Roro pwned my Anti Team so hard. I wanted to cry.


and lol @ the Luxury Chaos Theory.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
January 21 2010 11:59 GMT
#54
On January 21 2010 20:54 DarthThienAn wrote:



Last round, Roro pwned my Anti Team so hard. I wanted to cry.


and lol @ the Luxury Chaos Theory.


yeah i had him for a while too but traded before it was too late. I can't bring myself to think hé owns... Let's hope for the best !
NoiR
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
January 21 2010 12:14 GMT
#55
Who do you think is the best 1 pointer? I'm torn between (Z)Modesty, (Z)July, (P)Stats and (Z)GoRush.

July can be used as a sick ZvP sniper, and I sure would use him if I were STX's coach.
Modesty is probably the better player overall and usually gets more play time than July.
Stats is quite good I think, but will he get any play time in KT's monster roster?
GoRush goes first in both of ACE's matches first week, and will be playing a lot. But he'll lose most games and get no team win points.

Who to go for? Someone not on my list even?
(P)Snow? (P)Pusan? (T)PuMa? (T)PianO? (Z)Orion? (P)M18M? (T)Lomo? (Z)FireFist?
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
January 21 2010 13:05 GMT
#56
Just a quick question. If (Z)ZerO 4-0's ACE in his first match and then say he wins 2 games in his 2nd match against CJ, will I be able to trade him for (Z)Jaedong by week 2? Assuming that (Z)Jaedong stays in his spot as far as points go.
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
January 21 2010 13:10 GMT
#57
I have faith in Stats. One of the best 1 pointers, imo.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-21 13:32:57
January 21 2010 13:30 GMT
#58
Who's the better 4 pointer, (Z)YellOw[ArnC] or (P)Pure?

It seems to me that Yarnc will get more play time than Pure, as Fox will probably send out Midas, Mind and Shine before Pure. While I have a feeling Yarnc will be sent out as 2nd for Hite.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
doubleupgradeobbies!
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia1354 Posts
January 21 2010 13:40 GMT
#59
man all the midling players seem so expensive this season, my team looks like an absolute pile of crap
MSL, 2003-2011, RIP. OSL, 2000-2012, RIP. Proleague, 2003-2012, RIP. And then there was none... Even good things must come to an end.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-21 13:46:59
January 21 2010 13:45 GMT
#60
On January 21 2010 14:03 Zona wrote:
so many 1-point players - which ones are better? which rookies will break out of dream league?


My hope lies on snow
But I'm a biased CJ fan
beep boop
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 238
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1051
Bisu 247
HiyA 130
hero 57
Mong 48
Shine 35
NotJumperer 26
Bale 26
sorry 24
Noble 8
[ Show more ]
Terrorterran 4
Killer 1
League of Legends
JimRising 512
Counter-Strike
ceh9531
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft776
crisheroes369
Other Games
summit1g8969
olofmeister754
PiGStarcraft327
Livibee153
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream548
Other Games
gamesdonequick505
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2383
League of Legends
• Rush1253
• Lourlo971
• Jankos714
• Stunt484
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
15h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 2h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.