• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:01
CEST 00:01
KST 07:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9156 users

[Interview] MSL Ro8 Day 1

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
yes9111
Profile Joined May 2009
United States420 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-31 11:52:50
December 31 2009 10:31 GMT
#1
Will be updated with each match. (Might go to sleep before all of the games)

Jaedong vs Stats
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Your feelings on winning the first game?
Even though map is hard for Zerg, I resolved to give my best for this round of 8 while practicing. I didn't have much time to analyze the map because it is fairly new, but I focused well enough to show some good play.

You faced Stats in the round of 32 before as well.
I hardly knew him before our first match. It's pretty amazing how he made it to the round of 8 as a newcomer. He must have been very confident with his momentum. I find having a battle of momentum very fun and it makes the games exciting for me. However, I haven't played him that much so I haven't given much thought to his play.

Your resolve for the Round of 8 must be very strong.
I actually said that I'd catch two rabbits at the beginning of the season. Since I'm down to only one rabbit, I will seize this chance. I will relieve all my regret about the OSL in the MSL, and win an MSL title for a change.

There are no tosses who have beaten you in a bo5 in the MSL
Even when my vP record wasn't that good, I said that I was very confident with that matchup. Nothing big has changed, but I'm able to make decisions much more calmly now on TV. That I think is a big plus to my play. I think that's why my vP games have been good so far and that change has been very beneficial to me.

Until the 9th, you'll only have the proleague. How will you prepare?
I actually don't want to blame anything on maps. I'll practice as much as I can and show my best game, even if I end up losing. I'm not satisfied with just a ro8 or ro4 appearance. To me, the semifinals are just a stepping stone from victory.

The year 2009 to you was?
Even though it wasn't all good, I think I had a lot of fortune this year. The results reflected my effort and I have no regrets. Because time flows so fast, I never really had the time to reflect on the year. Now that I think about it, I remember a lot of important things that happened this year. I want to repeat this for the year 2010 so that when I'm reflecting then, I can feel satisfied again.

Any last words?
A lot of fans have cheered me, so I feel bad for my recent losses. The fan's neverending support really helped sustain my motivation. I'm grateful for everyone who cheered for me in 2009 and I won't disappoint in 2010. Therefore I hope people continue to show their support in 2010.
Since it is New year's Eve, I wish good fortune to my parents and I wish everyone can have a good year.


Hwasin vs Kal
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Your thoughts on winning the first game?
Practicing for the games was really hard, and I really felt sorry because he is older than me. At first I thought there wouldn't be much problem but it turned out to be a lot harder than I had expected.

I heard you almost didn't practice at all
I had the proleague to worry about, and plus I sit really close to Hwasin. As a result, we decided not to practice for the match. Hwasin hyung normally plays better than he did today, and I'm sad that he didn't play as well. I apologize to the fans, but we probably won't practice for next week's games either. We will focus on the proleague instead.

Did you think the game turned out well?
I didn't micro that well but Hwasin made a lot of mistakes. As a result, it looked like the game was easy for me.

What did you think when you saw Hwasin not sieging his tanks?
At first, I only wanted to kill the vultures and pull back, but Hwasin's siege wasn't upgraded. I knew he was making mistakes and it didn't feel that great for me.

The new maps are rated to be Toss-friendly
I don't really know because I haven't played that much on them, but I think they were made to revive the Terrans. I think the maps are a little more favorable for T. Best worried because of the unfavorable maps for me but I think I did ok.

Do you think you can go further into the semifinal or even the finals?
There's a lot of pressure and burden on me but I want to advance further.

What did you say to Hwasin when you came out of the booth?
What else could I have said? I said "good game", but that short phrase also meant a lot of things like me being sorry.

Any goals for 2010?
Winning an individual league will only make me happy so I want to win the proleague so that the whole team is happy.

Any other words?
I don't have any. ^_^


Kwanro vs Light
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

Your feelings on winning the first game?
It was only the first game so I'm trying to focus about the next games. I tried using the build I used today and it had good results. I have a cold right now so I'm not feeling too well.

Are you aiming for a back to back MSL final appearance?
That would be sweet but it's only the round of 8 so far. This interview right now is not for winning the series but only the first game. All I can think about is the next games.

Today is the last day of 2009.
Personally I don't think holidays are that special except for the week of rest that we get. Because everyone around is excited I feel a little bit of holiday spirit but besides that, there's really nothing special.

How was the year 2009 to you?
I lost almost all my games near the end of 2008. As it became 2009, I progressed further in individual leagues and the number appearances in the proleague increased. I think I improved a lot as a player.

Any goals for the upcoming 2010?
Obviously, I want to win the proleague and the individual league.

Any other words?
Today was only the first game, and Light may win the next week's games and do this interview so I hope my teammates can help me a bit more.


Best vs Flash
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Your feelings on getting closer to the Round of 4?
I had a lot of time pressure so I was practicing til the last minute. Thankfully Best went for a strategy that I predicted. The build I used wasn't specifically to counter Best, but was fit to counter this build that Best tended to use a lot against me.

How did you prepare this specific strategy?
Something that I felt about a lot of protoss players is that they practice extra hard when they're facing me. I saw that Best didn't build a single high templar in his recent VODs, but when he played against me he did. Using this, I made the build with my coach and thankfully it worked!

Your vP stats are relatively low compared to your other matchups.
Because I didn't play many vP matches, I lost my feel for it over time. I used to be really good at the matchup, but my understanding of the race fell because I almost had no vP games at all. But I am still confident. I will practice even more thoroughly for next week's games and win.

You are to play your OSL ro4 tomorrow.
I put everything on the line and practiced for the entire week. Through the coach's kindness, I didn't prepare for the proleague at all and focused on the OSL. I prepared extremely hard so you can all look forward to it.

Before you go off to practice, any last words?
There must have been a lot of fans worrying about my game today, and I'm happy I relieved them of that stress. I will now return to practice so I can show you an epic game tomorrow.

STORK WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
December 31 2009 10:31 GMT
#2
OMG you are awesome!!
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
December 31 2009 10:35 GMT
#3
On December 31 2009 19:31 SuperArc wrote:
OMG you are awesome!!


This. Jesus christ, THE GAMES ARE STILL GOING and you alraedy have the interviews from the finished ones up. Massive respect.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
EvoChamber
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France2505 Posts
December 31 2009 10:36 GMT
#4
There are no tosses who have beaten you in a bo5


ROCK

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK
That's not awful writing, DAMMIT. It's perfectly sensical english construction.
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8181 Posts
December 31 2009 10:36 GMT
#5
Nice loving the interviews :D
razorsuKe
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2053 Posts
December 31 2009 10:37 GMT
#6
really? JD has never lost a bo5 to a protoss?
EntusGalleries.com - CJ Uniform Sale
yes9111
Profile Joined May 2009
United States420 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-31 10:38:51
December 31 2009 10:38 GMT
#7
On December 31 2009 19:36 EvoChamber wrote:
Show nested quote +
There are no tosses who have beaten you in a bo5


ROCK

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK

Forgot 'in the MSL'
I could swear I did not see that before though

On December 31 2009 19:37 razorsuKe wrote:
really? JD has never lost a bo5 to a protoss?


In the MSL. Sorry for the confusion =(
STORK WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
December 31 2009 10:40 GMT
#8
Jaedong has lost his fair share of bo3s to protoss, for example 1-2 to Free Clubday MSL, and 1-2 to Tempest GOM S2.

And LOL I forgot about Rock
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
RamenStyle
Profile Joined September 2004
United States1929 Posts
December 31 2009 10:41 GMT
#9
Talk about real time updates.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
December 31 2009 10:43 GMT
#10
On December 31 2009 19:40 writer22816 wrote:
Jaedong has lost his fair share of bo3s to protoss, for example 1-2 to Free Clubday MSL, and 1-2 to Tempest GOM S2.

And LOL I forgot about Rock


But it says Bo3.

And JD never lost a Bo5 against a protoss in a SL.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
December 31 2009 10:43 GMT
#11
TheRock is actually a bonjwa

people just never realise it
POGGERS
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
December 31 2009 10:56 GMT
#12
I really miss TheRock, I wish he didn't fall from grace so hard, like harder then any other progamer
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
December 31 2009 10:57 GMT
#13
On December 31 2009 19:56 Whiplash wrote:
I really miss TheRock, I wish he didn't fall from grace so hard, like harder then any other progamer


He went from qualifying and immediately going 0-3 to not qualifying. Big deal
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
December 31 2009 11:02 GMT
#14
therock will one day appear again and surprise everyone. then he'll anger everyone by beating some star player with some cheesy 2-base carrier build.
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
EvoChamber
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France2505 Posts
December 31 2009 11:02 GMT
#15
That's not awful writing, DAMMIT. It's perfectly sensical english construction.
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
December 31 2009 11:05 GMT
#16
I like this Kal I'm getting to know. He seems very centered.
KTY
ProbeSaturation
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada292 Posts
December 31 2009 11:07 GMT
#17
jaedong complaining about maps lol typical
Noxide
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2870 Posts
December 31 2009 11:25 GMT
#18
Ty for the quick translation
Flash ひなの戦争の王である || しかし、実際にはヤフーの ファンタジーサッカー、楽しいプレー私の週末を占めている
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
December 31 2009 11:25 GMT
#19
thanks!!
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
December 31 2009 11:26 GMT
#20
On December 31 2009 20:02 29 fps wrote:
therock will one day appear again and surprise everyone. then he'll anger everyone by beating some star player with some cheesy 2-base carrier build.

against zerg too!
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
SpeCial 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 216
MaD[AoV]32
910 21
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 438
Counter-Strike
fl0m4128
Fnx 597
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox433
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4248
Liquid`Hasu563
Other Games
summit1g6970
FrodaN642
C9.Mang0228
JuggernautJason34
Trikslyr2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21461
Other Games
• Shiphtur803
• imaqtpie756
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 59m
Patches Events
17h 59m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.