• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:35
CEST 15:35
KST 22:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8766 users

[CPL] News and Announcements - Page 126

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 139 Next
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-13 21:38:51
March 13 2010 21:38 GMT
#2501
On March 14 2010 05:55 aeroH wrote:

Jessica SNSD vs Midnight
[image loading]godierightnao< Heartbreak Ridge >[image loading]Mekhami
[image loading]AeroH< Fighting Spirit >[image loading]coolcrimefighter
[image loading]LCC< Destination >[image loading]Genericname92
[image loading]metamage1< Match Point >[image loading]Pyrodog
ACE < Outsider > ACE


LCC vs Genericname92 is tomorrow.

You see Aeroh? My predictions were pretty good.
God Bless
ketomai
Profile Joined June 2007
United States2789 Posts
March 13 2010 22:21 GMT
#2502
I predict gn92 > LCC. Take that Roffles.
wrags
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States379 Posts
March 13 2010 23:00 GMT
#2503
On March 14 2010 06:11 Nevuk wrote:
Well, shit. Really sorry I wasn't there. My campus shut down power to the dorms yesterday at 3 pm and my car muffler blew apart. So I had to stay with some friends last night while getting it fixed and I didn't get internet access until a few minutes ago.


watch your lang pls. ty
aeroH
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1034 Posts
March 13 2010 23:18 GMT
#2504
On March 14 2010 06:38 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2010 05:55 aeroH wrote:

Jessica SNSD vs Midnight
[image loading]godierightnao< Heartbreak Ridge >[image loading]Mekhami
[image loading]AeroH< Fighting Spirit >[image loading]coolcrimefighter
[image loading]LCC< Destination >[image loading]Genericname92
[image loading]metamage1< Match Point >[image loading]Pyrodog
ACE < Outsider > ACE


LCC vs Genericname92 is tomorrow.

You see Aeroh? My predictions were pretty good.

predict the ace
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-14 00:50:38
March 13 2010 23:29 GMT
#2505
There has been something brought up in the Midnight vs Jessica SNSD:

From: PyroDog
Team Midnight

This message concerns the Midnight v Jessica SNSD match, specifically the metamage v pyrodog game.

I feel it's important to bring this to your attention, especially considering the severity of the action. I want this league to have as much integrity as possible, and although I don't want to immediately say that the coach of Jessica SNSD was cheating, it's really difficult for me to see it any other way, because that's what it looks like.

What happened is as follows:

Metamage spawned as the zerg in the bottom left on Match Point, and I the protoss at the top right.

Metamage tries a runby, I block, but lings go on through.
Then, a minute later, I see the coach say, "make more lings and try another run by."

This occurs at roughly around 5:19 of the replay.

I was a little busy, and it happened so fast, so at the time I wasn't really sure WHAT the coach just said. I THOUGHT he might've said something to that effect, but I wasn't sure. In hindsight, I should've paused the game and demanded the coach to leave, but I wasn't really sure.

Anyway, I had a hard time playing after because I kept thinking about that comment. I kept thinking, "did metamage's coach just tell him to do something? are they cheating? and if they're cheating, then the coach can see everything I do and respond. Is this templar drop going to work? Will this attack work? Will my units be in the right place?"

Essentially, I kept second guessing myself, and I was extremely distracted because I wasn't sure what the hell just transpired.

Anyway, we keep on playing, and Metamage gets a strong advantage. Then randomly, Metamage says "GG" and leaves the game, conceding the victory to me.

Needless to say, I was extremely baffled. So I watch the replay again, and sure enough, that same comment was there at 5:19 of the replay. So I -had- saw correctly.

Obviously, there are huge problems with this.

Firstly, the biggest problem with this is that there really is no other way to see this but consider it as cheating. The coach SPECIFICALLY instructed the player to do something in a quarterfinal playoff's match.
This is something a coach MUST NEVER DO. They are allowed to obs the game, but they cannot give specific instructions to their players, especially when the coach can see the opposing player's damn base. That, simply stated, is flat out cheating.

Secondly, we cannot be sure how much more the coach was helping metamage in that game. Was he whispering additional instructions (which don't show up in replays). Was he essentially telling metamage exactly how to beat me? We have no idea what the fuck he was doing in addition. Maybe he screwed up and let that one message leak, but we have no idea how much more he was giving specific instructions.

Thirdly, a coach cannot say stuff like that in a game. Ignoring the cheating issue entirely, when a coach says things like that, the opposing player can't focus on the damn game. The coach is essentially mind-fucking the other player, which is completely illegal, because these games are PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER. No outside interference is allowed, or otherwise what's the point of the game?

So if a coach can just say stuff like that, he's going to make the opposing player extremely confused and worried (as happened to me).

So, to sum up,
1.) It's hard to see this as not cheating. No matter how I look at it, he was giving specific instructions to his player.
2.) It's possible that he was giving additional information/cheating at other points/cheating during the game through whispers, considering this.

Metamage leaving also is extremely odd. Perhaps its possible that he felt bad about getting instruction and instead decided to just concede the game? Who knows.

Anyway, I feel that it is extremely important that we resolve this, because this turn of events is worrying.
Players can't play in the CPL if they are constantly worried about the integrity of the matches - is the other coach cheating? Are they providing instruction? Now I'm completely worried about letting obs in my matches - simply because I'm worried about an observer or a coach cheating.

Obs should be there to enjoy the match and have fun/stream, not to cheat and give their players an advantage. It completely and utterly ruins the league.

Honestly I'm a bit angry this even happened at all. This sort of conduct should not be allowed.

Anyway, thank you for hard work in running this league, we've all had a blast so far.
Thanks,
PyroDog
Team Midnight.


It is blatantly obvious that it was cheating, and even the coach himself admitted to cheating that game by using the /f m to message metamage because he was "getting frustrated with meta so i just had to say something." He added that he "would normally wouldn't" and has never done it in any other time. He said that he admits it completely and that he will take responsibility by not obsing any other game. He asked me to not disqualify his whole team for something wrong he did.

Meta left the game while he was winning because his parents were yelling at him so he had to leave, so PyroDog got the win anyway. I am not sure about what I should do because I do not want the whole team to suffer for something that they didn't do/know about. I want to make it so that he cannot obs any more games and can't participate in any other events related to CPL, but I don't want to disqualify the team.

Please share your opinions regarding your issue.

P.S. anything in quotations are direct quotes from the coach.
Writer
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
March 13 2010 23:38 GMT
#2506
I'd agree that you shouldn't punish the team for something the coach did. It's unfair to the rest of the players I'd say.

As for integrity and whatnot, I'd just say ban any observer from each team and let the streamers do their job.
God Bless
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
March 13 2010 23:51 GMT
#2507
Godierightnao is probably my favorite player on all the teams. That's called winning with style and I fully endorse it. Well done!
God Bless
Eiserne
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States340 Posts
March 13 2010 23:54 GMT
#2508
A loss in Ace match would seem pretty standard discipline for this sort of thing.
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
March 14 2010 00:07 GMT
#2509
Go team VictoriousSecret!
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-14 03:26:56
March 14 2010 03:24 GMT
#2510
On March 14 2010 08:51 Roffles wrote:
Godierightnao is probably my favorite player on all the teams. That's called winning with style and I fully endorse it. Well done!

I hope that one day, I may be able to win with as much style as Godierightnao

EDIT: oh and concerning the meta vs pyro issue..
thats pretty dirty bucket there
PRETTY dirty
but meta conceded the game anyway.. so...
i don't really know.. maybe ban the coach from next CPL or something.
I feel like the decision should be left to the other coaches and team Jessica SNSD
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
March 14 2010 03:29 GMT
#2511
Uh. What coach was it :<
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
genericname92
Profile Joined October 2009
United States148 Posts
March 14 2010 03:55 GMT
#2512
On March 14 2010 08:54 Eiserne wrote:
A loss in Ace match would seem pretty standard discipline for this sort of thing.


well they already forfeited that one match so it should be fine, but i can't believe you guys didn't play ace match, what'll you do when i get roflstomped
coolcrimefighter
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States378 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-14 04:14:25
March 14 2010 04:07 GMT
#2513
i think LCC should have to play a team melee vs 4 midnight players

or we should be able to have our coach play ace match :D

and the coach was sMi.Free
and also if it makes any difference during my game the coach randomly said "?" which confused me a bit, but maybe he was talking to another observer or something
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
March 14 2010 04:11 GMT
#2514
It's pretty ridiculous how anyone would actually try to cheat in CPL.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-14 04:19:26
March 14 2010 04:18 GMT
#2515
On March 14 2010 13:07 coolcrimefighter wrote:
and also if it makes any difference during my game the coach randomly said "?" which confused me a bit, but maybe he was talking to another observer or something


HMMMMM. sounds like a coverup.

+ Show Spoiler +
kidding, of course


On March 14 2010 13:11 Holgerius wrote:
It's pretty ridiculous how anyone would actually try to cheat in CPL.


Yeh... I would rather my player lose and learn than win the league with allins.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
March 14 2010 04:45 GMT
#2516
There was only one observer in the game if you take a look at the replay.
God Bless
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
March 14 2010 05:20 GMT
#2517
On March 14 2010 13:45 Roffles wrote:
There was only one observer in the game if you take a look at the replay.


I didn't, which is why I asked.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
March 14 2010 06:36 GMT
#2518
Oh god dammit. I stayed up streaming SC2 and then slept in. I didn't keep my promise. =(

So wait? I'm bad? =(
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
March 14 2010 17:56 GMT
#2519
On March 14 2010 15:36 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Oh god dammit. I stayed up streaming SC2 and then slept in. I didn't keep my promise. =(



SHAME SHAMEEEEEEEE

Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
March 15 2010 14:03 GMT
#2520
Results??
Writer
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 139 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1118
ComeBackTV 360
SteadfastSC318
TaKeTV 286
LamboSC2245
Rex113
IndyStarCraft 75
EnkiAlexander 40
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 318
LamboSC2 245
ProTech139
Rex 113
IndyStarCraft 75
BRAT_OK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39931
Shuttle 2713
Horang2 884
Bisu 882
Mini 734
Jaedong 732
EffOrt 656
Light 518
Soma 397
Hyuk 344
[ Show more ]
BeSt 332
firebathero 322
Stork 273
Snow 192
ZerO 164
Zeus 154
Rush 153
ggaemo 140
Last 93
Leta 86
Pusan 75
Killer 70
sorry 67
hero 65
Sea.KH 58
Sharp 49
Mong 39
Mind 38
Shinee 29
soO 28
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Free 22
Sexy 21
NotJumperer 20
Terrorterran 19
Yoon 18
HiyA 16
JulyZerg 10
Icarus 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7514
qojqva1576
Dendi922
Fuzer 141
420jenkins92
Counter-Strike
markeloff146
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2259
crisheroes1109
XaKoH 179
Other Games
gofns33496
singsing2307
olofmeister1229
B2W.Neo1054
Mlord266
DeMusliM201
Hui .154
Liquid`VortiX130
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King111
QueenE90
ToD22
Chillindude19
ZerO(Twitch)15
Railgan11
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1849
League of Legends
• Jankos2268
• Nemesis1852
• TFBlade790
Other Games
• WagamamaTV165
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 25m
Stellar Fest
23h 25m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.