• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:01
CEST 12:01
KST 19:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11778 users

Live Reporters deserve Blue Post status.

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 19 2011 23:19 GMT
#1
I'm new here. I'm part of the SC2 influx. I'll make no attempt at hiding that or acting like a vet. I am not important though; my message is.

I want to petition the administrative staff to award our Live Reporters blue post status. They work hard to bring timely and accurate updates to streams and directly contribute to the quality of Live Reports. Members of the TL community would like to see them distinguished from the rest of the posters in a live report thread and I come here to petition it.

While I've mentioned rewarding those posters, having their posts be blue is a benefit to everyone that reads a live report. They time stamp and update the action as it happens alongside dozens or hundreds of other posts during a heated moment. It's difficult to quickly scroll and scan all the posts and always catch their updates. A blue post stands out even clearer than the simple [ bold ] time stamps that separate their posts from the rest.

I have no doubt that I am not the best person to ask for this. I think that the matter should be decided by the administrative and moderation staff but please, read what a few others have recently posted when I originally suggested this:

On June 20 2011 04:40 SenorChang wrote:

That's actually a really good idea, seeing as how much of spam there is in LR threads.

Really sucks when I can't watch and you have to sift through 2-3 pages of people just going 'omg mc!!!!!!' 'wow! did that just happen' and stuff like that just makes you want to know more lol


On June 20 2011 05:04 Kipsate wrote:
There are alot of spammers in LR threads who get 5000 post count, so rather not

I would approve of ''blue'' posts for LR posters tho, you and Moonbear would certainly qualify for that.


I'm leaving it to those that post after me to say more but I am certain that there are many people who would support this.

The live reporters help everyone by keeping us up to date in a consistently and concisely. I appreciate them. Live report readers appreciate them. Please, let their contributions be even greater by giving them distinguishable and respected blue status.

I fully endorse Drazerk to be given blue post status. Today he and others were fantastic in keeping the live report updated while so many DH games were played simultaneously. He has shown dedication and deserves to be considered a quality poster.

Thank you for reading this request.

우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 19 2011 23:32 GMT
#2
I would like to thank you for the kind words

In the faster paced LR threads ( eg MLG / DH ) It can be very hard to keep track of the constant messages I post, As a page goes by in the space of 20 game seconds ( Many times less ).

It would also be helpful for me to track people Like moon bear or youngminii who LRs in the same thread as me but watching different streams as I am mostly typing and only read a few posts per page.

also some Live reporters often don't PM the OP to add the LR to the Original post of the thread for easy viewing or the OP just doesn't add their posts so it would be pretty easy to just scan through a few pages.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 20 2011 00:18 GMT
#3
It's in the works. Hopefully highlighting will be implemented soon.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
salito
Profile Joined May 2010
1649 Posts
June 20 2011 00:57 GMT
#4
I don't think many people rely on live reports to understand what is going on in the game: they're watching. Live report threads are primarily a way of venting your feelings. As I see it, live reports are supposed to capture emotion from those watching the game. A battle report following the event is more suited to summarizing what actually occurred, and providing analysis and insights of specific plays.

Now, I don't watch sc2 (I do follow results) but as I understand it most events only have one game happening at a time. There is no need for the typical event to have someone dedicated to informing everyone of the results.

Now, here's an idea. Give all users the filter button. Done.
Nature moves in the shortest way possible.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-20 01:17:48
June 20 2011 01:09 GMT
#5
And a LR thread is meant to record the action, not serve as an emotional toilet for those watching. There is a long history of LR threads which came about because not everyone could watch games before.

Now, that has changed and everyone (virtually) can watch. I think it should be geared toward game discussion, but the sad fact is most people cannot discuss a game without the thread degenerating into insults and balance whine.
ModeratorGodfather
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 20 2011 01:50 GMT
#6
My only complaint about true LR topics is that if someone is already covering the event, there's no point or reason to post or contribute (since multiple people covering the same game is just clutter).

I find a twitter-like form of LRing on the first post wouldn't be a cool idea.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
June 20 2011 01:55 GMT
#7
On June 20 2011 10:09 Manifesto7 wrote:
And a LR thread is meant to record the action, not serve as an emotional toilet for those watching. There is a long history of LR threads which came about because not everyone could watch games before.

Now, that has changed and everyone (virtually) can watch. I think it should be geared toward game discussion, but the sad fact is most people cannot discuss a game without the thread degenerating into insults and balance whine.


Make a bot that instantly 2 week bans any posts with "imba" "overpowered" "imbalanced" ect
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
June 20 2011 02:06 GMT
#8
It wouldn't really help since most people are already ignoring all of the balance whiners, caster bashers, and armchair strategists. If everyone had a filter button, then the people doing the LR wouldn't have to quote themselves in every post.
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-20 07:32:02
June 20 2011 07:17 GMT
#9
On June 20 2011 10:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
My only complaint about true LR topics is that if someone is already covering the event, there's no point or reason to post or contribute (since multiple people covering the same game is just clutter).

I find a twitter-like form of LRing on the first post wouldn't be a cool idea.

This is actually a really good idea. I just wonder how we could implement something like in an easy way.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
June 20 2011 07:54 GMT
#10
On June 20 2011 09:57 salito wrote:
I don't think many people rely on live reports to understand what is going on in the game: they're watching. Live report threads are primarily a way of venting your feelings. As I see it, live reports are supposed to capture emotion from those watching the game. A battle report following the event is more suited to summarizing what actually occurred, and providing analysis and insights of specific plays.

Now, I don't watch sc2 (I do follow results) but as I understand it most events only have one game happening at a time. There is no need for the typical event to have someone dedicated to informing everyone of the results.

Now, here's an idea. Give all users the filter button. Done.

I just wanna address this real quick. I am not always able to watch the games. However I can follow them from my itouch. I love BW LR threads because there are people who are just saying exactly what is going on in the game. Occasionally there will be an emotional outburst but for the most part the thread is describing the games. Contrast that with an sc2 LR thread. I can barely follow the action let alone even tell who's playing. A highlighted poster option would help tremendously to make the threads easier to follow.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 20 2011 14:05 GMT
#11
On June 20 2011 09:18 flamewheel wrote:
It's in the works. Hopefully highlighting will be implemented soon.


Could we have more information on highlighting?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 20 2011 15:41 GMT
#12
On June 20 2011 16:17 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 10:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
My only complaint about true LR topics is that if someone is already covering the event, there's no point or reason to post or contribute (since multiple people covering the same game is just clutter).

I find a twitter-like form of LRing on the first post wouldn't be a cool idea.

This is actually a really good idea. I just wonder how we could implement something like in an easy way.


Not sure why I said "wouldn't". I meant would.
My bad.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-20 16:54:51
June 20 2011 16:12 GMT
#13
On June 20 2011 10:09 Manifesto7 wrote:
And a LR thread is meant to record the action, not serve as an emotional toilet for those watching. There is a long history of LR threads which came about because not everyone could watch games before.

Now, that has changed and everyone (virtually) can watch. I think it should be geared toward game discussion, but the sad fact is most people cannot discuss a game without the thread degenerating into insults and balance whine.


I like your observation!

But let's look at this from another standpoint: What is the ideal LR thread?

I think it consists of

a) LR (sic!) such as Drazerk does. This is still an important part because it allows everyone to catch up on what is going on.
-> Highlighting those posters will make reading the LR easyer

b) Discussion, Analysis/Summaries etc. This is also important IMO because it allows everyone to share their excitment and dig deeper into the games. This doesnt need highlighting but moderation and I think you're doing a fine job.

EDIT:

quote from the day3 dh LR thread:

On June 21 2011 01:52 Mute wrote:
I can't watch the stream, at work. Is there anything besides the team liquid twitter updates to follow this?

oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
June 20 2011 18:02 GMT
#14
On June 21 2011 01:12 clickrush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 10:09 Manifesto7 wrote:
And a LR thread is meant to record the action, not serve as an emotional toilet for those watching. There is a long history of LR threads which came about because not everyone could watch games before.

Now, that has changed and everyone (virtually) can watch. I think it should be geared toward game discussion, but the sad fact is most people cannot discuss a game without the thread degenerating into insults and balance whine.


I like your observation!

But let's look at this from another standpoint: What is the ideal LR thread?

I think it consists of

a) LR (sic!) such as Drazerk does. This is still an important part because it allows everyone to catch up on what is going on.
-> Highlighting those posters will make reading the LR easyer

b) Discussion, Analysis/Summaries etc. This is also important IMO because it allows everyone to share their excitment and dig deeper into the games. This doesnt need highlighting but moderation and I think you're doing a fine job.

EDIT:

quote from the day3 dh LR thread:

Show nested quote +
On June 21 2011 01:52 Mute wrote:
I can't watch the stream, at work. Is there anything besides the team liquid twitter updates to follow this?



Wouldn't the easiest solution just be to seperate the two? As in, create a thread where only the live reporting takes place, and a second for discussion.

Seems to me like noone 'discussing' has an actual use for live reports, and noone looking for a live report has any use for the amount of spam in discussion threads. Why reinvent the wheel when you can just split the two up?
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 20 2011 18:20 GMT
#15
On June 21 2011 03:02 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2011 01:12 clickrush wrote:
On June 20 2011 10:09 Manifesto7 wrote:
And a LR thread is meant to record the action, not serve as an emotional toilet for those watching. There is a long history of LR threads which came about because not everyone could watch games before.

Now, that has changed and everyone (virtually) can watch. I think it should be geared toward game discussion, but the sad fact is most people cannot discuss a game without the thread degenerating into insults and balance whine.


I like your observation!

But let's look at this from another standpoint: What is the ideal LR thread?

I think it consists of

a) LR (sic!) such as Drazerk does. This is still an important part because it allows everyone to catch up on what is going on.
-> Highlighting those posters will make reading the LR easyer

b) Discussion, Analysis/Summaries etc. This is also important IMO because it allows everyone to share their excitment and dig deeper into the games. This doesnt need highlighting but moderation and I think you're doing a fine job.

EDIT:

quote from the day3 dh LR thread:

On June 21 2011 01:52 Mute wrote:
I can't watch the stream, at work. Is there anything besides the team liquid twitter updates to follow this?



Wouldn't the easiest solution just be to seperate the two? As in, create a thread where only the live reporting takes place, and a second for discussion.

Seems to me like noone 'discussing' has an actual use for live reports, and noone looking for a live report has any use for the amount of spam in discussion threads. Why reinvent the wheel when you can just split the two up?


While that would be a great idea problems comes for Tournaments like the NASL where I can literally be around 50-60% of the posts and I feel bad for posting more as 0 Discussion / posts are going on along side the Live reports.

It Could be useful for the much bigger ones of course but for the NASL / GSL I prefer the current situation.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-20 19:53:29
June 20 2011 19:51 GMT
#16
On June 20 2011 10:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
My only complaint about true LR topics is that if someone is already covering the event, there's no point or reason to post or contribute (since multiple people covering the same game is just clutter).

This is true. I only LR'd Dreamhack because there were 5 streams. I did GSL a few times when Drazerk wasn't there. Normally though there's just no reason to if there's someone already someone doing it.

Personally I think LR threads are fine except that they need stricter moderation. It seriously detracts from them when one person provokes an argument and then fifty people start arguing with each other for twenty pages, usually off topic and just over semantics.
lalala
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
June 20 2011 22:00 GMT
#17
It's quite difficult to moderate 400 posts per second, as many of the large event LR threads hit when *something* happens (Idra GG -> leave was something like 20 pages of "wtf?" posted at the same exact time).

There's already stuff in the works on how to fix LR threads, be it highlighting or filter or some other solution.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 20 2011 23:08 GMT
#18
I don't know what else I can say other than I still stand by my post. I strongly believe the TL staff will make the right choices for TL and eagerly await the alternatives tofucake and flamewheel have outlined and hinted at.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Bear4188
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1797 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-21 08:00:09
June 21 2011 07:58 GMT
#19
On June 20 2011 16:17 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 10:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
My only complaint about true LR topics is that if someone is already covering the event, there's no point or reason to post or contribute (since multiple people covering the same game is just clutter).

I find a twitter-like form of LRing on the first post wouldn't be a cool idea.

This is actually a really good idea. I just wonder how we could implement something like in an easy way.


Have the computer read the post back to the user before they can submit if it contains a flagged phrase. Then have a "do you actually want to sound like this?" yes/no button.

Just kidding. Maybe.

More on topic: I agree with the usage of LR as also a place to discuss the game itself in addition to actual LR and that LR should get something to make it stick out. As for the balance whining etc. I try to report it and hope those guys eventually straighten themselves out. The LRs seem far better now than just a few months ago.
"I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something." - R. Feynman
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
June 24 2011 04:42 GMT
#20
I also agree with the OP, but i am not sure what would be the absolute best thing to do. I like the idea of Blue text, but i am not sure if it will be enough. Moonbear commented in the Banned List thread about one of the main troubles of LRing is when you make more than 10 quotes in a game, it will only show the top 10. Of course the twitter thing as mentioned above could be sick, but i have no idea how difficult it might be to make it happen. Either way, i have mad props to anyone that does LR on a regular bases, and i think a blue post status is a good idea.
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7474
Hyuk 554
Horang2 538
BeSt 464
Stork 167
sorry 99
Pusan 95
Shinee 81
Killer 80
Hyun 65
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 60
Mind 56
Bonyth 51
Snow 47
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 32
JYJ 22
PianO 22
Sacsri 16
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe23
League of Legends
JimRising 493
Other Games
gofns28931
singsing2077
Mew2King71
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick709
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• Adnapsc2 22
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2299
League of Legends
• Lourlo1282
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 59m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 59m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 59m
Replay Cast
12h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.