• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:46
CEST 01:46
KST 08:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13237 users

[M][N] Completely Normal Generic Mini Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 08 2015 16:24 GMT
#17
/in
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 12 2015 22:09 GMT
#75
/confirm
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 21:15 GMT
#98
Are screenshots/copypasting from the Mason QT's allowed, or do you have to rely on just summing up what was said in there in your own words and hope people believe you?

(I wish the latter.)
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 21:41 GMT
#111
I feel super motivated to scumhunt after reading the intro, thus I shall.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 21:43 GMT
#114
Let's not lynch Coyote, since he's bound to hurt himself anyway if he schemes anything?
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 21:45 GMT
#118
I think we can decide if we want to rng lynch or not later on (during the later half of the daycycle?). I'd prefer to banter about for now.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 21:49 GMT
#127
Let's just make today's lynch pool consist of everyone who claims VT.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 21:52 GMT
#134
Logic: I don't want people to go around claiming VT -> I'm Mafia.

Brilliant scumhunting Koshi, I'd applaud you for that one if my other hand wasn't occupied by being in my face right now.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 21:53 GMT
#137
If you disagree and would prefer people to go around claiming VT, feel free to explain. I'd love to hear the reasoning for that.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 21:55 GMT
#140
Nah, you're just going to make yourself lose all credibility if you don't provide any reasoning for your actions.

So far all you have is "Cephiro is mafia, thus it will be easy to convince everyone to vote for him."

Convincing as fuck, would vote myself if it was allowed. Is there a reason you're avoiding answering my question, or are you too bad to make something up that quickly?
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 22:01 GMT
#144
So has the level of play gone that terrible here while I didn't play?

So I just have to name a random person mafia with no reasoning, and everyone will happily sheep me without giving a fuck?

I didn't sign up for that kind of shit

But I'm willing to give you the benefit of doubt that you're just messing around earlygame and being stupid.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 22:08 GMT
#163
To be honest, I don't understand why anyone would peg that as "overreacting", but maybe I'm trying to take this game too seriously for someone who hasn't played in a while. Regardless, I'm going to continue addressing things pointed at me while I'm around and have the time to do so. I see no reason not to, unless it becomes blatantly obvious that someone is stirring shit up for the sake of spamming the thread.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 22:14 GMT
#180
On September 15 2015 07:13 ritoky wrote:
@cephiro, if you had to work in the military or the theater, which would you work at?


@Military, because I'm a reserve officer.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 22:24 GMT
#204
On September 15 2015 07:15 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2015 07:14 Cephiro wrote:
On September 15 2015 07:13 ritoky wrote:
@cephiro, if you had to work in the military or the theater, which would you work at?


@Military, because I'm a reserve officer.


then why so melodramatic instead of proportional response?


I haven't followed the mafia of this forum in about two years or so, and I didn't particularly care about doing my research on "how does a normal TL mafia day 1 look like recently". I play like I want to play, if someone wants to peg me as mafia or town because of being serious or not, that's up to them.

I figure I'll be participating enough for people that bother to play the game properly to be able to correctly read me as town with my input, rather than wasting their time on guessing based on their own conclusions which are likely to be extremely off.

What I mean by this is that it's stupid to assume someone's emotional state (especially someone you have no idea of, or at least someone you haven't seen any play from in over 2 years) based on a few posts earlygame, and then make a read on that. You can get a feel for what you think of that persons alignment, sure. But anything concrete? Highly unlikely.

If I seem too serious by TL standard then so be it, you'll have to adapt your reads accordingly. But maybe you shouldn't compare someone who has no idea of what is "TL standard" at the moment, nor any interest in trying to fit the "TL standard", to the TL standard. I'm me, I play like I play. If you should compare my play to anything, it should be compared against the content I end up producing in this game. (I'm quite confident in saying if you try to read 2+ year old games to try and get a "meta" on me, you're just going to waste your time. Feel free to, if you think otherwise however.)

Short ver: I play like I want to play, I have no need to "fit a mold". If someone thinks I'm scummy because of that, that's their loss. If someone wants to paint me as scummy because of that, good luck pushing your bad agenda.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 22:31 GMT
#216
@Damdred: Is there a particular reason you want to push your reads out that much that early?

I don't mind you sharing your reads at all, that's rarely a bad thing. But we're in a point of the game where you hardly have any proper information to correctly peg someone with. And thus far you're just posting every few minutes saying who you're learning town/scum on, at a point where it's extremely unlikely you even have a proper opinion of stuff yourself.

As in, don't you think you could be contributing more by asking questions or creating content in other ways, rather than just constantly throwing out reads of "X seems town, Y might not be"?
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 22:43 GMT
#237
@Dam: Thanks for addressing my questions.
@ rayn, Moosy, jat: I guess you all have a point, but for now I'll stick to my own conclusions of different actions. I suppose the game has to be started somehow, you'll have to pardon me for not joining this "everyone gets a read" -start, as I'd prefer to be more confident in my reads before sharing any (unless others feel like my opinion is valuable enough / they need more contest to be able to read me from), in which case I'm willing to share my more unsure / leaning a bit towards something reads.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 22:45 GMT
#244
@Moosy: You should probably ask the people that haven't been around yet what they think about Crime & Punishment once they show up. Just a hunch.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 22:49 GMT
#255
On September 15 2015 07:45 Wile E. Coyote wrote:
so no one answered my question. I didnt care that much but it was a free town read and kind of a test


I won't mind answering your questions otherwise, but I think it would be stupid of me (as someone who hasn't been around for years), to claim that I have any idea about people and their meta. I'm just going to consider like I never knew anything about any player here and make my reads based on that, with a small exception for some experience being into account. (As in, I am well aware that some players in the game have an extensive history of playing mafia, which will more or less affect the way they approach the game.)
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 22:53 GMT
#262
On September 15 2015 07:47 Damdred wrote:
Actually I don't suggest playing this way at all it requires me to care and reevaluate to often and to much. But I generally do catch mafia when rayn and I don't tear the thread apart as we go after two different mafia lol.


I have to admit this post sounds a bit off to me. If you're town, you wouldn't really care as much about consistency since whatever you say will be your true opinion on the persons you read. Of course you want to play properly so the town benefits more, but you sound a bit like "I need to pay extra attention to what I do so I won't get called out for inconsistencies."

As far as I know, mafia are usually much more concerned about that kind of stuff than town. Of course no town wants to be misread as scum as it's not beneficial for them, but they don't have the "innate fear of being caught" for an inconsistency.

Just saying what I think.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
September 14 2015 23:03 GMT
#281
On September 15 2015 07:56 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2015 07:53 Cephiro wrote:
On September 15 2015 07:47 Damdred wrote:
Actually I don't suggest playing this way at all it requires me to care and reevaluate to often and to much. But I generally do catch mafia when rayn and I don't tear the thread apart as we go after two different mafia lol.


I have to admit this post sounds a bit off to me. If you're town, you wouldn't really care as much about consistency since whatever you say will be your true opinion on the persons you read. Of course you want to play properly so the town benefits more, but you sound a bit like "I need to pay extra attention to what I do so I won't get called out for inconsistencies."

As far as I know, mafia are usually much more concerned about that kind of stuff than town. Of course no town wants to be misread as scum as it's not beneficial for them, but they don't have the "innate fear of being caught" for an inconsistency.

Just saying what I think.


I don't know how you got I worry about inconsistencies at all from my post when I just said its a lot of work constantly re evaluating early reads as the game progresses?


Actually I don't suggest playing this way at all it requires me to care and reevaluate to often and to much.

This is the sentence that I'm referring to. I could easily be misreading it by giving my conclusion too much power over the true meaning of it. (Something I even mentioned earlier shouldn't be done, talk about being a hypocrite.)

It just seemed like it was more of a "This playstyle is a burden on me" (which, if you're town, should be no issue since you've decided to pursue that style yourself, thus calling it a burden seems a bit contradictory), rather than "I wouldn't suggest this playstyle for others". But I might be just reading too much into it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings63
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta19
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9056
Artosis 681
GuemChi 395
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
monkeys_forever31
League of Legends
Doublelift5796
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
minikerr0
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe65
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3993
Other Games
FrodaN2264
Liquid`RaSZi1780
C9.Mang0417
Livibee374
Maynarde161
Mew2King41
ArmadaUGS25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1180
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• Sammyuel 31
• musti20045 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1445
• Scarra1227
• Shiphtur649
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 14m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.