• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9106 users

Newbie Student Mafia XIII

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 22 2015 15:39 GMT
#31
Eh, lemme waffle about this a bit today. But
/in newb
Waffleboy hype.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 22 2015 16:34 GMT
#34
On July 23 2015 00:39 disformation wrote:
Eh, lemme waffle about this a bit today. But
/in newb
Waffleboy hype.


To clarify: yes, this is supposed to be an proper /in.

On July 23 2015 00:51 Rels wrote:
Wow this looks more and more like my first game.

And I'm loving it (=


Yeah, was not sure if I should join this, but the playerlist looks really good.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 19:47 GMT
#113
On July 19 2015 09:05 LightningStrike wrote:
Newbie Student Mafia XII


LightningStrike I know it is hard. But being stuck in the past won't help you get over these issues. It won't help you moving forwards. Sometimes you just gotta move on, sometimes you just have to let it go.

+ Show Spoiler +
If someone starts singing "let it go" I know who to lynch D1.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 20:38 GMT
#121
On July 24 2015 04:48 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2015 04:47 disformation wrote:
On July 19 2015 09:05 LightningStrike wrote:
Newbie Student Mafia XII


LightningStrike I know it is hard. But being stuck in the past won't help you get over these issues. It won't help you moving forwards. Sometimes you just gotta move on, sometimes you just have to let it go.

+ Show Spoiler +
If someone starts singing "let it go" I know who to lynch D1.

Fixed thank you for catching it I thought I had taken care of it whoops.


np

On July 24 2015 04:53 n00bKing wrote:
The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen...


On July 24 2015 04:54 MoosyDoosy wrote:
The cold never bothered me anyway...


Had to actually google up the lyrics of that "song" to make sure both lines are actually in the song.
Noted gentlemen, noted.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 20:53 GMT
#124
On July 24 2015 05:36 Half the Sky wrote:
Damn you all for getting the Frozen songs stuck in my head. >_<

##vote disformation

....since he started it.


I thought the nooses were for the first time players.

On July 24 2015 05:42 Barakos wrote:
of course... you "had to google it" sure. :D

I just don't get all the frozen-hate... just... let it go! :D


Damn you got me. I actually have the whole song tattooed onto my right arm. + Show Spoiler +
not
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 22:05 GMT
#133
disformation present and accounted for.
whatup ppl?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 22:24 GMT
#144
Hm I would read ruxxars posts so far as NAI.
Not alignment indicative. The poetry stuff could have been preplanned. The tone is all fluff. *shrugs*
But then again, breaking the ice on D1 is kinda hard. xD
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 22:40 GMT
#155
On July 24 2015 07:36 n00bKing wrote:
I'll keep posting this at the start of each game, until people actually start following it. From the General Guide on how to play:

Show nested quote +
Don’t babble. If you speak without having a clear goal in mind, you impede the town and decrease everyone else’s productivity. This paralyzes town analysis and decision-making and allows mafia to hide in the chaos

Not totally sure that ruXxar is in violation yet. But...it kinda seems like it.

He knows that some of us have seen him play as both allegiances already, so I'm not a fan of him making this wild change in his posting style. It could serve as a decent smokescreen.


Well while I agree in general. At the start of D1 there is literally nothing to talk about. So D1 usually starts with a "bullshitting" phase, where everyone posts poems or youtube videos or stuff. So yeah, people spaming up the thread on later days can be a very good indicator of being scum, but on the start of D1 it is kinda harmless imo.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 22:59 GMT
#160
On July 24 2015 07:47 ruXxar wrote:
It's not that I'm improving as a player, but that I gain familiarity with the players.
In a mafia game of strangers you are but a lonely island.
In company of friends, you feel at home.


Eh, I'd say it is a bit of both.
I like to learn from mistakes.
But on the other hand it really feels nice that after only playing 2 games, shadowing in 3 games and reading a few old games I "know" 8/13 players in this game.

Also if you are able to keep this style up all game I will be super impressed. =D
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 23:06 GMT
#162
On July 24 2015 08:03 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2015 07:59 disformation wrote:
Also if you are able to keep this style up all game I will be super impressed. =D

Don't encourage him. lol


Eh, I like this style/tone a lot more than the one he had in his two previous games.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 23:21 GMT
#165
On July 24 2015 08:13 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2015 08:06 disformation wrote:
Eh, I like this style/tone a lot more than the one he had in his two previous games.

Meaning Himalayas and Gaiden, where he was scum? I didn't play in either of those games. How would you summarize his style/tone in them?


Yes, I was shadowing a town player (Onegu in Himalayas and Half the Sky in Gaiden).
Both games were pretty long, ruxXar's filters are 13 and 25 pages respectively so it is not that easy to summarize. But what I can remember: while he is good at marking arguments and sounding logically his posts often sound preachy. I also remember disliking a bunch of his posts in Himalayas because he was pretty aggressive/pushy with them.
Will possibly reread his filters from both games at a later stage of this game.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 23:34 GMT
#167
On July 24 2015 08:18 ruXxar wrote:
Then I will be honored to be in your company.
Draw your pitch fork and stand by my side.


Haven't even bothered to figure out where I put my pitchfork yet. But after shadowing a bunch of games where town lost, I believe a bit of scepticism to be very healthy.

On July 24 2015 08:18 ruXxar wrote:
Together we will banish the non-believers known as scum.
Do not betray me or your faith will be sealed.
Stay true to the one belief you must keep in your heart and repeat this mantra in the darkest hours:

I am town.


Do I smell a thinly veiled threat?

Also currently skimming through your Himalayas for the posts I remember disliking. And I have to say that your play was pretty damn good. Like your interactions with HF for example.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 23:47 GMT
#169
On July 24 2015 08:41 ruXxar wrote:
I intentionally attempt to change my meta every game.
The ebb, and flow, the flavor, the topping, the innards.
Sometime it's just a sparkle on top, taking the edge off, a tone shift, an aggressive approach, a preachy approach.
Aggregation of information molded and grinded into the essence of simple axioms I can follow to improve my play and enjoy myself.

You only get as much out of the game as you put into it.
I need to engage in my own way.
Repetition grows stale, experimentation fosters newfound interest and pathways not previously considered.

My #1 goal is to have fun.
In my seeking of that goal I need to be flexible and formless.
Able to adapt and implement ideas, mix new and old, step out of my comfort zone to discover the the trails that do not necessarily lead to victory in the short run, but over time complements my play as a whole.


Fair enough.
Might still take a look later on in the game. *shrugs*
Might depend on how much of an easy/hard time I have reading you later I guess.

So far only 4/13 players have posted. Bit of shame. Might go to bed soonish since I am having a bit of a headache. -.-
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 23 2015 23:51 GMT
#170
I am also going to blame my headache for the lack of words some of my sentences display and so on. xD
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 24 2015 00:05 GMT
#174
On July 24 2015 08:53 ruXxar wrote:
There is only a threat if you perceive there to be one.
If your soul is pure you have nothing to fear.

My himalaya game taught me the importance of consistency, direction, sticking to your story.
In a moment of weakness and misjudgement I bound myself to the thought that Losing HF was disastrous..
In the process I lost my genuineness that innocent and honest town spirit, on the warpath to lynch scum.
My motivations were laid bare and my association with HF made obvious as remarked by fidei in the obs qt.
It's a miracle that we won, and by no effort of my own.
If there is one lesson you need to learn if you want to be town read it's to stick to your convictions.
The moment you flip flop your town cred sinks to the ocean floor.


Yeah, I was having trouble with that as town especially in the last game I was playing. I tend to waffle around a bit and I really dislike last minute shenanies and stuff. Makes me nervous and do bad decisions. Ticktock can attest to that. xD

On July 24 2015 08:53 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2015 08:47 disformation wrote:
So far only 4/13 players have posted. Bit of shame.

False. Barakos and rayn each made a throwaway post after the Day started. If we decide to "lynch all liars" we can start with you! \o/


Had to reread the first few posts after D1 start. Yep they posted something. Still their posts were super forgettable (especially rayn). So they could have posted nothing as well. *shrugs*
Also you will find me to be a pretty honest guy.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 24 2015 00:15 GMT
#178
On July 24 2015 09:08 Barakos wrote:
Yeah... weather here in germany sucks... I've been feeling like shit the whole day...


Yeah very much so.

On July 24 2015 09:10 Barakos wrote:

Anybody, who has read even the tiniest bit of NSM X can attest to that. :p


=D
But I am soo glad town was able to still win NSM X. I would have hated me so much otherwise.

I hope I will do better this game. Let us see what I have learned from shadowing three players.
Apparently I haven't learned how to count. xD
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 24 2015 01:15 GMT
#196
Going to bed. Hope I can sleep in this heat. -.-

Where I currently stand:
Breshke: Asking questions. Let us see what he does when he gets answers.
NocturneMage: Seems like an eager player trying to figure out how forum mafia works. Seems curious/inquisitive. town lean.
ruxXar: Basically opened up the thread with stuff to talk about. A lot of null stuff. Slight town as result.
n00bKing: did a few things for town cred. Unfortunately both(*) were super easy for mafia to do, too. So null.
barakos: hmmm... lets call it null for now. Want to see more from him.

Damdred: Just read his strong entry (his 2nd post). Like the post.
Also want to note that I shadowed town!Damdred in Holy Guardians Chapter 1 and he was mafia in Gaiden (where I shadowed town!HtS). So I might look into these two games later on. I remember his reads/thought progression to be very reasonable as town, so might pay extra attention to that. Town read as of now.

(*): a) asking me about ruxxars previous games. b) pointing out that I am unable to count.

PS: Also my 3rd game here. :D
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 24 2015 17:32 GMT
#376
Okay. Back home from work. Caught up to the thread. Have like 12 tabs open with posts I want to point out/respond to. Please feel free to ask any questions, if you have any.

I also super duper dislike MoosyDoosy's use of language here...
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 24 2015 17:46 GMT
#379
On July 24 2015 18:49 Barakos wrote:
[...]
What I want to point out is disformations behavior.

He has several posts (see spoilers below), saying he has shadowed player X in that game and player Y in this game and will reread all those games to get a read on ruxxar because his tone is so completely different from the other games.
But when I come into the thread with fluff (something I never did in NSM X, where he played with me for the entire game), he doesn't pick it up at all and sees no difference in my behavior, even though he claims to be looking for meta-hints and stuff like that. The only thing he did was putting me to null and saying he wants to see more of me.

This inconsistency makes me put him in the scum-corner for now.

+ Show Spoiler +

On July 24 2015 08:21 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2015 08:13 n00bKing wrote:
On July 24 2015 08:06 disformation wrote:
Eh, I like this style/tone a lot more than the one he had in his two previous games.

Meaning Himalayas and Gaiden, where he was scum? I didn't play in either of those games. How would you summarize his style/tone in them?


Yes, I was shadowing a town player (Onegu in Himalayas and Half the Sky in Gaiden).
Both games were pretty long, ruxXar's filters are 13 and 25 pages respectively so it is not that easy to summarize. But what I can remember: while he is good at marking arguments and sounding logically his posts often sound preachy. I also remember disliking a bunch of his posts in Himalayas because he was pretty aggressive/pushy with them.
Will possibly reread his filters from both games at a later stage of this game.

On July 24 2015 08:34 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2015 08:18 ruXxar wrote:
Then I will be honored to be in your company.
Draw your pitch fork and stand by my side.


Haven't even bothered to figure out where I put my pitchfork yet. But after shadowing a bunch of games where town lost, I believe a bit of scepticism to be very healthy.

Show nested quote +
On July 24 2015 08:18 ruXxar wrote:
Together we will banish the non-believers known as scum.
Do not betray me or your faith will be sealed.
Stay true to the one belief you must keep in your heart and repeat this mantra in the darkest hours:

I am town.


Do I smell a thinly veiled threat?

Also currently skimming through your Himalayas for the posts I remember disliking. And I have to say that your play was pretty damn good. Like your interactions with HF for example.


On July 24 2015 10:15 disformation wrote:
Going to bed. Hope I can sleep in this heat. -.-

Where I currently stand:
Breshke: Asking questions. Let us see what he does when he gets answers.
NocturneMage: Seems like an eager player trying to figure out how forum mafia works. Seems curious/inquisitive. town lean.
ruxXar: Basically opened up the thread with stuff to talk about. A lot of null stuff. Slight town as result.
n00bKing: did a few things for town cred. Unfortunately both(*) were super easy for mafia to do, too. So null.
barakos: hmmm... lets call it null for now. Want to see more from him.

Damdred: Just read his strong entry (his 2nd post). Like the post.
Also want to note that I shadowed town!Damdred in Holy Guardians Chapter 1 and he was mafia in Gaiden (where I shadowed town!HtS). So I might look into these two games later on. I remember his reads/thought progression to be very reasonable as town, so might pay extra attention to that. Town read as of now.

(*): a) asking me about ruxxars previous games. b) pointing out that I am unable to count.

PS: Also my 3rd game here. :D


Okay, pointing out this inconsistency is fair enough.
But I am quite confused as to why he gave me such a hard scumread for that... maybe to make sure I respond to this? Maybe he wanted to divert attention away from him, I think a few people called him scum just a page or two earlier? Anyway not a huge fan.

Okay, why did I point out stuff with ruxXar and Damdred? Because I was sorta involved with them in two games each. I only "know" barakos from one game (NSM X).
What do I remember barakos for from that game?
  • He was shot one night. N3 maybe?
  • At one point I thought there might be scum between boxerfred and barakos.
  • I had to look up his name a few times, because for some reason I always want to put an additional letter in there. Like barakdos.

And that's it... I think barakos and me had not much interaction/conversation in that game. So I have trouble remembering him. Don't remember much of Rels either, since he was shot super early. Remember having a hard town read on Rels, that is it. I remember a lot of the people I had interactions with or that were alive very long (boxerfred/sicklucker/27ninjabunnies/ticktock) and I remember Sulfurus, because I had a super wrong scum read on him. I remember Breshke because I was about to post a mad case on him and claimed cop. Then I looked at my case and realized all the things that bugged me made a lot of sense if he was cop.
Since I remember so little of barakos maybe I should follow Rels question:
On July 24 2015 18:29 Rels wrote:
Leaving to eat very soon. To the guy or girl reading this:

If you are ruxxar, rayn, moosy or a host I asked you a question and would very much like an answer.

If you played or read Newbie X, I would like to have your thoughts on Barakos' filter compared to Newbie X.

And whoever you are, I would like to have your thoughts about my post on NocturneMage.

And read Barakos filter from NSM X again. xD
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
July 24 2015 17:49 GMT
#382
On July 24 2015 19:41 Tictock wrote:
Drew a few cards for some of ya. I would appreciate it if you could take a look at your card and give me your impression of it.

People chosen by some means.

n00b - 4 of Wands - Completion
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


rayn - 4 of Cups - Luxury
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Moosy - Knight of Swords
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


ruXx - Ace of Disks
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Noc -7 of Wands - Valor
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Flex - Kight of Cups
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Hmmm... I know these cards have meanings. Do you have any interpretation of these? Can you link these interpretations to their posts so far?
Can I has a card, too?
+ Show Spoiler +
In before The Hanged Man (XII)
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 471
Hyuk 309
910 147
Dewaltoss 67
Yoon 39
Killer 37
ZergMaN 32
Bale 26
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 17
[ Show more ]
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe127
League of Legends
JimRising 491
Counter-Strike
olofmeister647
ceh9530
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1770
Khaldor309
Other Games
singsing837
Happy454
WinterStarcraft402
Sick231
Livibee190
Mew2King175
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH95
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2314
League of Legends
• Stunt525
• Jankos258
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 48m
Stellar Fest
4h 48m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.