• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:43
CEST 04:43
KST 11:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9382 users

compLexity SC2 Year End Updates

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
hubwub
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States40 Posts
January 01 2014 18:41 GMT
#1
As we look forward to another year, our StarCraft 2 division has updates to announce.

First, we are happy to report that American favorite Kevin "QXC" Riley has re-signed for another year. For years Kevin has been a staple in American SC2 and we're thrilled to keep him on board with our gaming family. Watch for continuous tutorials, commentary and other video content in the months to come.

In other squad news we are sad to reveal that we have parted ways with Choi "TheSTC" Yun Sik. We'd like to thank Choi for his year with our organization and wish him the very best in the future.

Lastly, we are announcing the closure of our StarCraft 2 Academy. Through its tenure the Academy has been a great success, discovering players like Michael "Millgoswser" Dobler and Gage "Root.Sasquatch" Dubose. Numerous potential stars were able to attend and compete at MLG events. However, with the lack of American LAN events for SC2 the program became less viable for both the players and the organization. We'd like to thank all the past participants and wish them the best of luck in the future.

Thanks as always for your support. Stay tuned for more coL.SC2 updates in the future!


Source: http://www.complexitygaming.com/news/4273/

TLDR: qxc re-signs for another year, TheStC is released, and the Academy is closed.
Dinotramp
Profile Joined August 2012
Nauru2871 Posts
January 01 2014 18:50 GMT
#2
There are a lot of decent Koreans with good experience at foreign events that are teamless now.
RIP Starcraft scene in the UK. Defeated by EG money and Swedish Zergs.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 01 2014 18:52 GMT
#3
I hope MLG (and maybe another organiser) decides to run a few open Starcraft II events in NA this year. Sounds like it'd be helpful.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Serinox
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany5224 Posts
January 01 2014 18:54 GMT
#4
Okay, seriously Liquid: fucking sign TheStC already. Why did they never do it? oGs terran, he is very good and there were plenty times when they could've.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
January 01 2014 18:54 GMT
#5
The bad news just won't stop. The academy program was something very positive, sad to see it go.
Get off my lawn, young punks
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 19:02:07
January 01 2014 18:58 GMT
#6
On January 02 2014 03:54 Serinox wrote:
Okay, seriously Liquid: fucking sign TheStC already. Why did they never do it? oGs terran, he is very good and there were plenty times when they could've.

Well, he was on oGs once, but I think they already filled their welfare quota when they signed Zenio. TheSTC is okay, but he has had disappointing results for like two years now. I just honestly don't think it'd be a good investment at all, especially when there are so many other Koreans without teams available nowadays.

That said, good luck to him in the future and I do hope he finds a team if he wants to continue as a progamer.
Serinox
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany5224 Posts
January 01 2014 19:01 GMT
#7
On January 02 2014 03:58 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 03:54 Serinox wrote:
Okay, seriously Liquid: fucking sign TheStC already. Why did they never do it? oGs terran, he is very good and there were plenty times when they could've.

Well, he was on oGs once, but I think they already filled their welfare quota when they signed Zenio. TheSTC is okay, but he has had disappointing results for like two years now. I just honestly don't think it'd be a good investment at all, especially when there are so many other Koreans without teams available nowadays.

That said, good luck to him in the future and I do hope he finds a team if he wants to continue as a progamer.

I wouldn't say he had bad results for 2 years, in 2012 he reached the semifinals of DreamHack Valencia, MLG Summer Championship, Ro8 in ASUS ROG Summer 2012. Although, yeah 2013 wasn't that great, although his performance in ATC was pretty good.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 19:13:40
January 01 2014 19:09 GMT
#8
On January 02 2014 04:01 Serinox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 03:58 StarVe wrote:
On January 02 2014 03:54 Serinox wrote:
Okay, seriously Liquid: fucking sign TheStC already. Why did they never do it? oGs terran, he is very good and there were plenty times when they could've.

Well, he was on oGs once, but I think they already filled their welfare quota when they signed Zenio. TheStC is okay, but he has had disappointing results for like two years now. I just honestly don't think it'd be a good investment at all, especially when there are so many other Koreans without teams available nowadays.

That said, good luck to him in the future and I do hope he finds a team if he wants to continue as a progamer.

I wouldn't say he had bad results for 2 years, in 2012 he reached the semifinals of DreamHack Valencia, MLG Summer Championship, Ro8 in ASUS ROG Summer 2012. Although, yeah 2013 wasn't that great, although his performance in ATC was pretty good.

I remember Valencia very clearly and I really wasn't impressed, he beat elfi and Vortix 2-1 in the playoffs and lost 0-2 to ForGG, the first Korean he met (after losing 0-2 to HerO in the group stage). I know it's a bit unfair devaluing achievements but I still remember thinking how TheStC really wasn't playing extremely well so I can't quite let that stand. MLG was a good performance. ASUS was alright, but again he lost to the first Korean he met.

Even when Kespa and eSF Koreans weren't flying to many tournaments in large numbers he never managed to win a foreign event and while he occasionally has hot streaks, they get counteracted by him losing to mediocre foreigners over and over in the recent past.

I mean, if you just look at his aligulac rating, it isn't going very well, it doesn't say everything but it's a bit of an indicator.

[image loading]

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but nowadays there's no tournament where you won't face many good Koreans and if you can't constantly beat them as a Korean player you'll have trouble getting on a Tier 1 foreign SC2 team if you are no big personality. And TheStC is a player, no popular streamer or renowned for his communication with fans in English and whatnot.
Micro_Jackson
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany2002 Posts
January 01 2014 19:13 GMT
#9
On January 02 2014 04:01 Serinox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 03:58 StarVe wrote:
On January 02 2014 03:54 Serinox wrote:
Okay, seriously Liquid: fucking sign TheStC already. Why did they never do it? oGs terran, he is very good and there were plenty times when they could've.

Well, he was on oGs once, but I think they already filled their welfare quota when they signed Zenio. TheSTC is okay, but he has had disappointing results for like two years now. I just honestly don't think it'd be a good investment at all, especially when there are so many other Koreans without teams available nowadays.

That said, good luck to him in the future and I do hope he finds a team if he wants to continue as a progamer.

I wouldn't say he had bad results for 2 years, in 2012 he reached the semifinals of DreamHack Valencia, MLG Summer Championship, Ro8 in ASUS ROG Summer 2012. Although, yeah 2013 wasn't that great, although his performance in ATC was pretty good.


Liquid looks kinda Dota2 focused at the moment. They have their 2 top level koreans, some fan favorite foreigners like TLO or Snute that are good and entertaining and all but not very expensive in terms of salary i think.

I am not arguing that i have no idea on the business but i still think that if they wanted to (assuming they have the money for it) they could have made a run at Innovation or Dear but for me it looks like they just don´t want more players for sc2.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 19:17:25
January 01 2014 19:16 GMT
#10
On January 02 2014 04:13 USvBleakill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 04:01 Serinox wrote:
On January 02 2014 03:58 StarVe wrote:
On January 02 2014 03:54 Serinox wrote:
Okay, seriously Liquid: fucking sign TheStC already. Why did they never do it? oGs terran, he is very good and there were plenty times when they could've.

Well, he was on oGs once, but I think they already filled their welfare quota when they signed Zenio. TheSTC is okay, but he has had disappointing results for like two years now. I just honestly don't think it'd be a good investment at all, especially when there are so many other Koreans without teams available nowadays.

That said, good luck to him in the future and I do hope he finds a team if he wants to continue as a progamer.

I wouldn't say he had bad results for 2 years, in 2012 he reached the semifinals of DreamHack Valencia, MLG Summer Championship, Ro8 in ASUS ROG Summer 2012. Although, yeah 2013 wasn't that great, although his performance in ATC was pretty good.


Liquid looks kinda Dota2 focused at the moment. They have their 2 top level koreans, some fan favorite foreigners like TLO or Snute that are good and entertaining and all but not very expensive in terms of salary i think.

I am not arguing that i have no idea on the business but i still think that if they wanted to (assuming they have the money for it) they could have made a run at Innovation or Dear but for me it looks like they just don´t want more players for sc2.

Pretty sure they're all relatively expensive in terms of salary (compared to everyone else in SC2), they're foreign full time pros and are able to live off their salary and whatever else they earn money with (streaming/tournaments). SC2 players don't get that big of a salary in general but I assume that Liquid is a bit more on the generous side compared to most teams.
Micro_Jackson
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany2002 Posts
January 01 2014 19:37 GMT
#11
On January 02 2014 04:16 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 04:13 USvBleakill wrote:
On January 02 2014 04:01 Serinox wrote:
On January 02 2014 03:58 StarVe wrote:
On January 02 2014 03:54 Serinox wrote:
Okay, seriously Liquid: fucking sign TheStC already. Why did they never do it? oGs terran, he is very good and there were plenty times when they could've.

Well, he was on oGs once, but I think they already filled their welfare quota when they signed Zenio. TheSTC is okay, but he has had disappointing results for like two years now. I just honestly don't think it'd be a good investment at all, especially when there are so many other Koreans without teams available nowadays.

That said, good luck to him in the future and I do hope he finds a team if he wants to continue as a progamer.

I wouldn't say he had bad results for 2 years, in 2012 he reached the semifinals of DreamHack Valencia, MLG Summer Championship, Ro8 in ASUS ROG Summer 2012. Although, yeah 2013 wasn't that great, although his performance in ATC was pretty good.


Liquid looks kinda Dota2 focused at the moment. They have their 2 top level koreans, some fan favorite foreigners like TLO or Snute that are good and entertaining and all but not very expensive in terms of salary i think.

I am not arguing that i have no idea on the business but i still think that if they wanted to (assuming they have the money for it) they could have made a run at Innovation or Dear but for me it looks like they just don´t want more players for sc2.

Pretty sure they're all relatively expensive in terms of salary (compared to everyone else in SC2), they're foreign full time pros and are able to live off their salary and whatever else they earn money with (streaming/tournaments). SC2 players don't get that big of a salary in general but I assume that Liquid is a bit more on the generous side compared to most teams.


It depends what you call "expensive". If we calculate it from what it looks like hyun "should" have gotten (i think 1300$) it would be around 2000 - 2500 for Hero and 3000+ for Teaja if you only count success and relevance. But i think thats not realistic.

On the idea of Liquid beeing more generous: i dont think so honestly.
First this is a busines after all and not even the nicest boss will pay more than he has to.
Second, imagine a negotiation about a new contract. Liquid has a lot of arguments to "lower" the montly salary ybecause a player benefits in different ways to be a Liquid rostermember. Things like streamviewer, tournament attends or even the number of interviews with you.
The Liquid management has a lot of arguments besides salary and if this works like any other busines they are using that to lower the personell costs.
GreenMash
Profile Joined August 2012
Norway1746 Posts
January 01 2014 19:47 GMT
#12
bet STC joins Axiom :o. Congrats to qxc though i guess
I love hellbats
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 19:52:42
January 01 2014 19:48 GMT
#13
Really hope he gets picked up his TvT especially since moving into the Axiom house has been good. The interview he did was Axiom he seemed pretty sad and bleak. He's got potential to go and do better things in the future if someone is willing to take a chance on him. But then again that can be said about pretty much all of the teamless Koreans. Just hope he doesn't end up retiring.

Sucks that this happens on his birthday as well
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 19:49:02
January 01 2014 19:48 GMT
#14
Considering the state of the scene, etc. I think it's more likely STC will retire or game switch before he finds a team.
DinosaurJones
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1000 Posts
January 01 2014 19:58 GMT
#15
Who is left on coL? qxc... uh... I can't think of anyone else that I don't think is inactive
ryze?
Trimaster?
theStC has left...

No offense to coL, but I was hoping that qxc would rejoin ROOT
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 01 2014 20:02 GMT
#16
On January 02 2014 03:54 Serinox wrote:
Okay, seriously Liquid: fucking sign TheStC already. Why did they never do it? oGs terran, he is very good and there were plenty times when they could've.


TheSTC would probably go to Axiom. He's already living at the Axiom house and is close friends with the guys, him joining would be a natural fit.

And looks like another team pulls out of SC2, and coL becomes even more irrelevant compared to its heyday back in 2012.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Farmer Poopy
Profile Joined October 2011
258 Posts
January 01 2014 20:07 GMT
#17
I hope QXC works on marketing himself a little bit more. He has good potential to become more of a personality if he decides to stick around the Sc2 scene.
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
January 01 2014 20:17 GMT
#18
On January 02 2014 05:07 Farmer Poopy wrote:
I hope QXC works on marketing himself a little bit more. He has good potential to become more of a personality if he decides to stick around the Sc2 scene.


I think he does a great job. I mean, have you ever seen the millions of twitch users with names of qxc? There isn't a way to escape his name xD.

Thanks to complexity for helping me out during my long time with the academy. For a while I've been just coasting through on mechanics and with school and other things so I have not had much time to get "good" at the game. Luckily, they were accepting of other motivations I had and still accepted me as one of their players.

But in recent news for myself I am going to be playing quite a bit more! I really want to actually learn the game and feel really motivated to get better. I feel even better about the goals I have for 2014 with the ladder sessions I've been having recently. I wish complexity the best in the future!

p.s;
+ Show Spoiler +
I'm technically teamless ;~; if there are any interested people out there let me know xD
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
DARKING
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Mexico675 Posts
January 01 2014 20:45 GMT
#19
On January 02 2014 04:58 DinosaurJones wrote:
Who is left on coL? qxc... uh... I can't think of anyone else that I don't think is inactive
ryze?
Trimaster?
theStC has left...

No offense to coL, but I was hoping that qxc would rejoin ROOT

People left on complexity:

(Z)Hendralisk
(T)qxc
(Z)Ryan
(Z)Ryze
(T)TriMaster
(P)viPro

A (almost) full NA team!
LiquipediaMexican Liquipedia staff and Terran player. I tweet things @DARKING665.
coL.hendralisk
Profile Joined September 2009
Zimbabwe1756 Posts
January 01 2014 21:01 GMT
#20
On January 02 2014 04:58 DinosaurJones wrote:
Who is left on coL? qxc... uh... I can't think of anyone else that I don't think is inactive
ryze?
Trimaster?
theStC has left...

No offense to coL, but I was hoping that qxc would rejoin ROOT


m-me and vipro
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings99
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 235
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10500
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1150
NeuroSwarm210
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift5203
JimRising 715
Counter-Strike
taco 190
minikerr44
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox803
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g9510
Maynarde210
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick425
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 203
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo684
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 17m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.