• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:24
CEST 23:24
KST 06:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8040 users

PartinG: "The true world champion is back"

Forum Index > SC2 General
139 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
TL.net ESPORTS
Profile Joined July 2011
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-25 16:42:11
November 25 2013 00:40 GMT
#1
[image loading]
We got a chance to briefly interview Red Bull Battle Grounds champion (P)SKT_PartinG after his win.

You showed a lot of confidence throughout the tournament. But on the inside, were you feeling the pressure of having been in a slump and not having won a tournament in nearly a very long time?

I've lived thinking that I have to take responsibility for the things I say. So, when I showed so much confidence here at Red Bull Battle Grounds, I was truly confident that I could win it. The moment the groups were drawn, I thought it was a win for sure. I felt that I would be hugely disappointed in myself if I couldn't win the championship.
So I taunted the other players a lot, saying that I would win for sure.

Well, you always taunt other players.

Yes that's true, but it was more so this tournament. I had no pressure.

When you were in a slump, your weak/strong match-ups seemed pretty clear. You were good at PvT and PvP, but not so good at PvZ. Do you think you had some bracket luck this tournament?

If it was my old self, if the old PartinG won this way, then it would have been said that I won because I was lucky. But I have come back a changed player. Maybe there was some luck, but even if I met a Zerg I would have won. To prove that, I'll beat Soulkey at the upcoming WCG. If I show people that, then they'll have to say I would have won Red Bull even if I had met a Zerg.

Yeah, you weren't really able to prove your PvT or PvZ against top Korean players in this tournament. Do you think you could beat them?

I think that I'm in the top three of Koreans right now, of all races combined. I'm not afraid of anyone I face, and no matter where we meet I will beat them.

You weren't able to use your famous Soul Train this tournament. Do you regret that? You even tweeted that you would use it for sure!

In a corner of my heart, I'm really sad about it. I wanted to do a Soul Train ceremony with the Thomas the Tank Engine, but there were no Zergs to perform it against.

When Scarlett was winning 2 - 0 against sOs, I thought "oh, could she really make it to the finals?" I had only been thinking of PvP builds up to then, but suddenly I changed my map strategizing to think about PvZ. Honestly, I was planning to Soul Train three times in a row. I wanted to show the fans that I could still use the Soul Train in a changed way, so I'm sorry to my fans that I wasn't able to show that to them at Red Bull. Next year, in 2014, there will be opportunities. So then, I will show my Soul Train to countless Zergs.

MC basically threatened you so you weren't able to perform a ceremony against him. If you had faced a different player, what would you have done?

I felt that my life was being threatened, so I couldn't perform a ceremony. If I had won, I wanted to throw some cookies on the ground, because you know, MC likes to eat. So I wanted to step on them and crush them while he was looking. It's a bit iffy to say he 'stopped' me from doing it, but in any case it's unfortunate I couldn't perform it, it would have been fun.

You came to a foreign tournament for the first time in a while. With Proleague starting in December, you'll have less opportunities to compete in them again. Isn't that kind of disappointing?

I made a promise to myself. When I first joined KeSPA, I said I would win championships in both individual and team tournaments. But I haven't been able to keep that promise yet. I will win the Proleague for my team, with my strength. I'll need the strength of my teammates as well, but I want to help as the main force. Also, I really want to win the GSL, the individual tournament.

Don't you feel like you might be a little overconfident ahead of WCG? Last year, you almost lost to a certain Canadian player...

The group stage changed to be a best of three this year. So, I don't think anyone's going to get lucky this year. As long as I don't play with one hand, I'm not going to lose. Honestly, I'm only thinking about Soulkey. Of course there's Sora, but honestly I think Sora is easy too. I've lost to Soulkey a lot so I can't call him easy. If I can beat him, then I can prove that 'PartinG is back.'

Your thoughts going into 2014?

This year, I devalued my name a lot because of my PvZ. I want to tell myself that I'm sorry. And I want to ask myself "why couldn't you do any better?" In 2014, I'll show you a PartinG that has fixed all his PvZ problems. I'll win Korean tournaments, not just international tournaments, so I hope my fans keep cheering for me.

Any last comments?

A big thanks to my team SK Telecom T1, and to my mother. I have a noona (older sister) in New York that I'm very close with, she heard that I was coming to New York and showed me around the city yesterday. I think I was able to win because of that...

Uh, not because you practiced hard?

Honestly, I didn't practice for this tournament. My noona helped me with my mental state, even since I was in Korea. I won't be able to see her anymore, but I'm very thankful to her. Love you! I'll only win from now, so don't worry about me.

Finally, the true world champion is back.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
TL+ Member
FanaticCZ
Profile Joined December 2011
Czech Republic287 Posts
November 25 2013 00:47 GMT
#2
im so happy that he won again
INnoVation is the GOAT!
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 25 2013 00:47 GMT
#3
MC basically threatened you so you weren't able to perform a ceremony against him. If you had faced a different player, what would you have done?

I felt that my life was being threatened, so I couldn't perform a ceremony. If I had won, I wanted to throw some cookies on the ground, because you know, MC likes to eat. So I wanted to step on them and crush them while he was looking. It's a big iffy to say he 'stopped' me from doing it, but in any case it's unfortunate I couldn't perform it, it would have been fun.

heh heh
How did MC threaten him?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-25 00:49:10
November 25 2013 00:48 GMT
#4
I felt that my life was being threatened, so I couldn't perform a ceremony. If I had won, I wanted to throw some cookies on the ground, because you know, MC likes to eat. So I wanted to step on them and crush them while he was looking. It's a big iffy to say he 'stopped' me from doing it, but in any case it's unfortunate I couldn't perform it, it would have been fun.


rotflmao. Oh no he didn't
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
[CCSRAM] BaoQuan
Profile Joined August 2013
United States96 Posts
November 25 2013 00:49 GMT
#5
MC basically threatened you so you weren't able to perform a ceremony against him.

When was this?
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
November 25 2013 00:50 GMT
#6
ahahahaha parting :D

CHOO CHOO
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
November 25 2013 00:50 GMT
#7
I love PartinG so much. lol
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
BakedButters
Profile Joined November 2011
United States748 Posts
November 25 2013 00:51 GMT
#8
Why MC, u would of done a ceremony as well if you'd won
Snute <3 Bomber <3 Parting <3 Life <3
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
November 25 2013 00:57 GMT
#9
hmm while I liked the interview and always used to like Parting's interview before he joined SKT, I feel that he was calling out and taunting his opponents way too much if there was a thing? It's cool that he thinks he's top 3 atm and that other than SK, he thinks no one can beat him but him being so cocky is a bit unsettling for some reason :/
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Tamagoshi
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil981 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-25 01:01:09
November 25 2013 00:59 GMT
#10
"Honestly, I was planning to Soul Train three times in a row."

That would be amazing hahaha

Edit: Ah, thanks for the interview!
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
November 25 2013 01:01 GMT
#11
Oh PartinG interviews how I missed you. <3

Thanks TL!
TaishiCi
Profile Joined September 2013
Korea (South)211 Posts
November 25 2013 01:02 GMT
#12
Getting pretty sick of the finals winners losing the next day...
Dae Han Min Gook Man Sae!!!
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
November 25 2013 01:10 GMT
#13
On November 25 2013 10:02 TaishiCi wrote:
Getting pretty sick of the finals winners losing the next day...


Of all the times you could say that, you say it when sOs comes in second?
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
November 25 2013 01:11 GMT
#14
Entertaining interview as usual from Parting.
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
November 25 2013 01:12 GMT
#15
Props to Parting on the win, but hes off his bananas if he thinks hes top 3
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
hellokitty[hk]
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1309 Posts
November 25 2013 01:12 GMT
#16
More soultrain plox.
Make sure your opponents know about it too so they can blind hard counter and still lose.
People are imbeciles, lucky thing god made cats.
plogamer
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada3132 Posts
November 25 2013 01:13 GMT
#17
On November 25 2013 10:02 TaishiCi wrote:
Getting pretty sick of the finals winners losing the next day...


Coming in second is "losing"? I'd understand if sOs gets knocked out in group stages or something...
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
November 25 2013 01:18 GMT
#18
His cockiness really rubs me the wrong way, no way he's top 3. Also glad he didn't end up doing the cookie ceremony, fat shaming isn't funny (except in korea).
Yhamm is the god of predictions
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
November 25 2013 01:21 GMT
#19
Thanks for the interview!
Moderatorlickypiddy
DBS
Profile Joined July 2012
515 Posts
November 25 2013 01:26 GMT
#20
I've missed partings drama. It's good to have him back
"a pitchfork is for hay. a trident is for killing bitches." -djwheat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
JuggernautJason129
Nina 93
SpeCial 4
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 165
firebathero 77
910 42
NaDa 31
Counter-Strike
Fnx 814
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0177
PPMD10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9847
Liquid`Hasu1690
crisheroes1646
Trikslyr81
Other Games
summit1g6560
Liquid`RaSZi5748
Beastyqt824
shahzam506
B2W.Neo229
ToD190
Pyrionflax175
KnowMe125
ArmadaUGS80
ZombieGrub76
IndyStarCraft 70
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream353
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Eskiya23 17
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV532
League of Legends
• TFBlade1264
Other Games
• imaqtpie1039
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.