• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:24
CEST 23:24
KST 06:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8025 users

[Interview] GSL 2013 Season 1 Up and Downs Group B

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 16:23:26
January 07 2013 16:11 GMT
#1
Liquid'Taeja

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

You have advanced to Code S for the fifth time in a row. How do you feel?

I wasn't supposed to be in Up and Downs in the first place. Code S is where I belong.

What made you think you belong in Code S

I believe in my own skill and my confidence is at an all time high.

How did you prepare once you saw your group?

Same as usual. Mostly on ladder and alongside Proleague at the same time.

Speaking of Proleague, is it not difficult to be in multiple leagues simultaneously?

Having to come to Seoul twice a week is physically draining

Why not move into the team house?

Personally, I don't like being around too many people. It's still easier to play from home.

Did you expect to come first in the group?

I expected at least second place. I expected either Squirtle or Dream to be the other player to make it out. Squirtle has always been good and after seeing Dream take out Rain, I predicted he would take second or third place. .

Almost all your games were macro oriented

I didn't feel the need to take a risk. I was confident that I could catch up even if I had a bad start.

You recently won some foreign tournaments. Your best result in GSL on the other hand is round of 4. You must want a championship

Yes and I want it to be this season since it's the last season for Wings of Liberty.Starting 2013 with a championship will make it easier to prepare for HotS.

Just like yourself, many see a lot of meaning in doing well this season. On the other hand, some are preparing for HotS so which are you?

HotS doesn't sit right with me. The other two races got fun toys to play with but Terran hasn't changed much at all. It's like the reaper is the only thing that did get buffed. TvT is even more annoying now. Widow mine is good in TvZ but useless in TvP. I guess the Medivac buff is helpful in that matchup.

Anything to add?

We face off against SKT1 tomorrow in Proleague. Please cheer me on as I try to take down Rain. I want to thank Twitch, Razer, theLittleappfactory and Barracuda for their sponsorships.


Source: ThisisGame

STSquirtle

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

You have advanced to Code S for the fifth time in a row. How do you feel?.

This is the last season for Wings of Liberty so it means that much more to be back in Code S. I find the fact that this is the last season very meaningful.

Many players share that view

Winning the very last season is an attractive concept to all.

How did you prepare for today's group?

Rather than trying to figure out my opponents, I worked on my own play. I spent time improving my fundamentals and optimising builds.

Any memorable games from today?

The last game I played. I think it went well because I wasn't under any pressure and I had fun.

Since taking second place in GSL 2012 Season 2, you fell into a slump.

I think I lost motivation. I've always said that I would try to show my best but I'll let my games do the talking this time. I think I got lazy with practice as I got worse too. I've been working hard again since two weeks ago so a little bit more polishing should be enough to get me back into good shape. I think I'm close to being fully back.

Parting who represented your team alongside you as Protosses recently left the team

I was really taken aback since I had no idea he wanted to. Then again, it's understandable. Our team won't be in disarray or anything because of his departure. I was a bit saddened since Parting has been doing so well lately. I guess I'll just have to make up for his absence.

Is there anyone you think is a hindrance or want to take vengeance on?

Parting (laugh). The only time we played each other officialy was at WCG. I want to face him on a GSL stage. It's not because he left the team but because I want a fun match.

Anything to add?

I want to thank the spnosors Redbull and Zowie Gear. I also want to thank my team-mates who helped with practice.


Source: ThisisGame
Translator
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
January 07 2013 16:15 GMT
#2
I love Teaja so much.

GO TEAJA ! Take this Code S championship ! This is what belongs to you.
spena
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 16:20:24
January 07 2013 16:19 GMT
#3
"Code S is where I belong."

spoken like a champ
It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
January 07 2013 16:22 GMT
#4
(T)TaeJa was a good pick up by TL. He's very likable. Glad him and (P)Squirtle advanced.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
January 07 2013 16:25 GMT
#5
Lol @ dat Taeja confidence.
Good luck in Code S!
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 07 2013 16:26 GMT
#6
Damn, can't believe it's already the final GSL of WoL. It felt like just a few months ago was the final BW OSL, and now this. Times are changing fast
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
January 07 2013 16:26 GMT
#7
this is like the sixth "I'm practicing harder to get back to where I was" interview from Squirtle I've seen tt
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
freakhill
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Japan463 Posts
January 07 2013 16:27 GMT
#8
Squirtle should wear earrings
moo ForGG, Dragon, MVP, Gumiho, DRG, PartinG, Life]0[!
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
January 07 2013 16:29 GMT
#9
Glad to see Taeja so confident! Hopefully it helps get him some wins against SKT1.
These are two players I would love to see win the final WoL GSL!
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
January 07 2013 16:30 GMT
#10
nice confidence by TaeJa
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
January 07 2013 16:31 GMT
#11
On January 08 2013 01:26 Waxangel wrote:
this is like the sixth "I'm practicing harder to get back to where I was" interview from Squirtle I've seen tt


Maybe he fell six places/levels from where he was?
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Stanlot
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5742 Posts
January 07 2013 16:32 GMT
#12
Wow, TaeJa practices from home?
MC: "Sentry Forcefield Forcefield Marauder... cage Marauder die die"
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
January 07 2013 16:33 GMT
#13
Taeja sounds pissed.
bsdaemon
Profile Joined July 2012
618 Posts
January 07 2013 16:37 GMT
#14
"I wasn't supposed to be in Up and Downs in the first place. Code S is where I belong."

I can't help but like Taeja more
Hiea
Profile Joined March 2012
Denmark1538 Posts
January 07 2013 16:38 GMT
#15
On January 08 2013 01:26 Waxangel wrote:
this is like the sixth "I'm practicing harder to get back to where I was" interview from Squirtle I've seen tt

I guess that players run out of new and exciting answers for every single interview after a while.
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
January 07 2013 16:42 GMT
#16
On January 08 2013 01:32 Stanlot wrote:
Wow, TaeJa practices from home?

Always has, even when he was on SlayerS.
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
January 07 2013 16:50 GMT
#17
On January 08 2013 01:26 Waxangel wrote:
this is like the sixth "I'm practicing harder to get back to where I was" interview from Squirtle I've seen tt

You tend to run out of things to say when you get interviewed too much, aka win too much.
Breewob
Profile Joined June 2012
Sweden4 Posts
January 07 2013 16:56 GMT
#18
On January 08 2013 01:27 freakhill wrote:
Squirtle should wear earrings


lol I thought the exact same thing looking at his picture
The struggle to free myself from restraints, becomes my very shackles
HomesickAlien
Profile Joined October 2012
Italy8 Posts
January 07 2013 17:08 GMT
#19
On January 08 2013 01:31 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 01:26 Waxangel wrote:
this is like the sixth "I'm practicing harder to get back to where I was" interview from Squirtle I've seen tt


Maybe he fell six places/levels from where he was?


LoL
it would be nice to have an explanation on the ups and downs progamers have while playing in a teamhouse or playing at home. the two scenarios are very different.
another thing i always asked myself is how do practice partners work for progamers, if they have some, how do they contact other pros to practice against a particular build or style, if they do...
<3 day[9] and Liquid'Hero!
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
January 07 2013 17:42 GMT
#20
Everyone is so hyped to do well in the last WoL season, and there are tons of great players already in Code S.

This last season is just gonna be awesome. Also, thanks storywriter for translating.
Flash | Mvp
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
JuggernautJason129
Nina 93
SpeCial 4
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 165
firebathero 77
910 42
NaDa 31
Counter-Strike
Fnx 814
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0177
PPMD10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9847
Liquid`Hasu1690
crisheroes1646
Trikslyr81
Other Games
summit1g6560
Liquid`RaSZi5748
Beastyqt824
shahzam506
B2W.Neo229
ToD190
Pyrionflax175
KnowMe125
ArmadaUGS80
ZombieGrub76
IndyStarCraft 70
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream353
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Eskiya23 17
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV532
League of Legends
• TFBlade1264
Other Games
• imaqtpie1039
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.